Reactions to Week 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

So far, it's a pretty normal week except for the Eagles' and Chargers' gam. Seriously, the change in coach is slowing down LT and that secondary is horrendous for the Chargers. And it looks like McNabb will be an Eagle for a while.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Dolphins need a new defense. Their offense got better but jesus christ we couldn't stop anything on D.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Enerest Graham. 8 carries for 75 yards I believe. Bucs shall be a force to be reckoned with. =)

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
My reaction: refs are blind, niners can actually pass but still little protection, Norv Turner sucks, oh and please please please don't be seriously hurt Vernon! :cry:
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dkhw
Wow! Jets are really bad this year.
kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
the texans only lost by six to the colts (turnovers...) not bad considerin ahman green, ron dayne, and andre johnson were all out
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

my Eagles killed the Lions in their ugly jerseys and mcnabb and wectbrook and Curtis looked great.

WTF the Chargers?

Packers 3-0.

IMO the NFL has no good teams besides the Patriots this year. The Colts are next best, and then dare i say it, the Texans! like alot of the teams are just decent.

KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
Panthers looked terrible and still won, i'll take it, but next week against the Bucs will be hell if we don't play better.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dkhw

Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.KaptainKorn

They weren't under the radar since last week. A lot people had them the third best team. I had my power rank like this before this week: 1. Pats, 2. Colts, 3. Steelers, 4. Chargers, 5. Baltimore. Of course Chargers are off that list after a bad loss to the Packers of all teams.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

The Bears need an offense. Come on. I hate this "let's do a long drive once or twice a game, then suck the rest of it" crap. And it's not just Grossman. Freakin' Bernard Berrian dropped two key passes. Cedric Benson is servicable, I guess, but he's definitely not outstanding. And then the Bears really didn't have any chance once Briggs got hurt(and it dominoed from there, even). I'm not using it as an excuse by any means, since the Bears would've certainly lost with or without the injuries -- but, it could've at least been interesting with a healthy defense.

This really sucks. Next week is a test. At Detroit...that scares me a little bit. The Bears can't afford to go 1-3, especially with the Packers deciding that it's 1997 again.

schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts

The Bears need an offense. Come on. I hate this "let's do a long drive once or twice a game, then suck the rest of it" crap. And it's not just Grossman. Freakin' Bernard Berrian dropped two key passes. Cedric Benson is servicable, I guess, but he's definitely not outstanding. And then the Bears really didn't have any chance once Briggs got hurt(and it dominoed from there, even). I'm not using it as an excuse by any means, since the Bears would've certainly lost with or without the injuries -- but, it could've at least been interesting with a healthy defense.

This really sucks. Next week is a test. At Detroit...that scares me a little bit. The Bears can't afford to go 1-3, especially with the Packers deciding that it's 1997 again.

JML897

Agreed. The whole offense is just embarrasing.

alxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alxy_07
Member since 2004 • 1342 Posts
Romo is showing why he is a great young QB unlike Grossman. He is so good in and out of the pocket, and he can make the passes when needed. Grossman is an interception king!
schox5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 schox5
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
Grossman sucks.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Panthers looked terrible and still won, i'll take it, but next week against the Bucs will be hell if we don't play better.goodlay

I think they'll be fine next week. If the Panthers can win when stuff isn't going their way and Steve Smith isn't getting the ball, then I have faith that they can beat the Bucs next week. Lets just hope Julius Peppers plays better next week, his performancetoday was not like him at all.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

The Chargers suck. The Eagles surprised me. Rex Grossman should be flipping burgers. The Rams might be the worst team in the NFL. Pittsburgh is for real. The AFC West is VERY weak.

Those are my impressions.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.KaptainKorn
What do you expect when they've beaten the Browns, Bills, and 49ers? They're good, but wait until they play a top 10 team.
D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#19 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

They weren't under the radar since last week. A lot people had them the third best team. I had my power rank like this before this week: 1. Pats, 2. Colts, 3. Steelers, 4. Chargers, 5. Baltimore. Of course Chargers are off that list after a bad loss to the Packers of all teams.

JML897

You're kidding me for even giving such a remark to Green Bay. The Packers are undefeated and their defense is playing championship football right now.

All you haters can say what you want, but the fact of the matter is Green Bay is 3-0 against 2006 Playoff teams.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
[QUOTE="dkhw"]

D-MonDRV

You're kidding me for even giving such a remark to Green Bay. The Packers are undefeated and their defense is playing championship football right now.

All you haters can say what you want, but the fact of the matter is Green Bay is 3-0 against 2006 Playoff teams.

Why'd you quote me, and then put something in the quote box that I didn't say? :? I didn't even quote the guy who said that, and he didn't quote me.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dkhw
[QUOTE="JML897"]

D-MonDRV

Green Bay gave up over 350+ yards of offense....Yeah, CHAMPIONSHIP defense alright. The offense was really good, I give you that. Brett Favre looked comfortable in the pocket, but I still don't know how long Favre can keep this up with no running game whatsoever.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Surprises:

• Green Bay's continuing resilience
  • Philadelphia's offensive EXPLOSION
  • Dallas makes Chicago's vaunted defense look thoroughly average
  • Baltimore's inability to put away the Cardinals until late (everyone gets those games now and then, though)
  • Houston's ability to really stick with Indy. I wasn't expecting such a close game. Texans may actually have put something together, finally.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

This double post brought to you courtesy of Gamespot.

PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#24 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
My reaction? Tom Brady and Randy Moss look like the best QB WR duo in the league right now but I'm not ready to say there going to have a big season because so far they've faced mediocre defenses and I want to see Randy Moss face a elite corner and do the things hes been doing this season then will I feel better.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

My reactions to week 3---let's see.... Is Griese that bad in practice that they haven't replaced Grossman yet? What is Luvie Smith looking at that makes him think Grossman is leading this team back to the SuperBowl? Griese can't be any worse at QB, can he?

This is why Norv Turner needs to stay as offensive co. The Chargers build this juggernaut of a team and fire the winning head coach for Turner who's never had a winning record (as far as I remember). He's lucky that their division is bad. They gave Turner a Ferrari and he's driving it like it's a Honda.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#26 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
no 0-16 season for the Giants. :)
gutts25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gutts25
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I'm a Carolina fan. It should be a pretty good game when they play.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="D-MonDRV"][QUOTE="JML897"]

dkhw

Green Bay gave up over 350+ yards of offense....Yeah, CHAMPIONSHIP defense alright. The offense was really good, I give you that. Brett Favre looked comfortable in the pocket, but I still don't know how long Favre can keep this up with no running game whatsoever.

well to be fair, everything about the D went well, packers biggest and only real flaw on D is their safeties, and they got burned pretty good. However, lets not take away from that front seven, they are damn good...

but your right, if green bay wants to be contenders come playoffs..they need a consistant running game...you can't just keep passing and expect to win.

Doesn't matter though, if the patriots keep playing the way they are...they are going to the super bowl, winning it, and not looking back while flying down the Victory lane express.

KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KaptainKorn

[QUOTE="KaptainKorn"]Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.murlow12
What do you expect when they've beaten the Browns, Bills, and 49ers? They're good, but wait until they play a top 10 team.

Browns beat the Bengals who beat the Ravens.

Bills genuinely suck.

49ers were 2-0 with supposedly one of the best RBs in the league. Steelers held him to 39 yards.

Pittsburgh didn't just beat these 3 teams. They beat them convincingly with the outcome of the game never in question. Also, Parker has ran for over 100 yards in each game this season. It doesn't bother me though. This team thrives on the "no respect" card.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dkhw

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="KaptainKorn"]Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.KaptainKorn

Bills genuinely suck.

49ers were 2-0 with supposedly one of the best RBs in the league. Steelers held him to 39 yards.

Pittsburgh didn't just beat these 3 teams. They beat them convincingly with the outcome of the game never in question. Also, Parker has ran for over 100 yards in each game this season. It doesn't bother me though. This team thrives on the "no respect" card.

Steelers front seven is great, but their CBs are suspects, but boy, do they look good on offense.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="murlow12"][QUOTE="KaptainKorn"]Steelers continue to dominate under the radar. I hope the media keeps drooling over the Pats, Colts, and Cowboys.KaptainKorn

Bills genuinely suck.

ptff.. yeah the Steelers are very good (maybe 3rd in the NFL), but don't dismiss the niners so easily. They played tooth and nail up until the mid 4th quarter. If the refs weren't so blind (aka Polamalu's cheap shot, uncalled intential grounding,uncalled blocks in the back etc.) who knows what could have happened.

KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KaptainKorn
Renegade, did you see that interception ruled as an incompletion?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Renegade_Fury

Renegade, did you see that interception ruled as an incompletion?KaptainKorn

It should have been a first down.

#1. He caught the ball.

#2. He got two feet down. Maybe "barely" but there is no rule on the degree of feet down-osity.

#3. He had clear control of the ball through out the process.

#4. He hit the ground.

#5 elbow hit the ground

#6. The ball came out as a result of hitting the ground.

Oh and thanks to that cheap hit, Vernon is out with a MCL sprain.:evil:

Boca1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Boca1
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

Bal 26 ARi 23

GB 31 SD 24

TB 24 STL 3

PIT 37 SF 16

PHI 56 DET 21

NYJ 31 MIA 28

NE 38 BUF 7

KC 13 Min 10

IND 30 HOU 24

SEA 24 CIN 21

OAK 26 CLE 24

JAC 23 DEN 14

NYG 24 WAS 17

CAR 27 ATL 20

DAL 34 CHI 10

shaunmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36 shaunmc
Member since 2003 • 1957 Posts
As a fairweather Seahawks fan, I was pretty pleased by the Bengals' inability to hold onto the football.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

As a fairweather Seahawks fan, I was pretty pleased by the Bengals' inability to hold onto the football.shaunmc

As an anyweather Seahawks fan, I was pretty pleased with how the Seahawk's defense held Palmer/85/Houshmn-something. And this week the Seahawks came through when they needed too, rather than fumbling it.

D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#38 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts
[QUOTE="D-MonDRV"][QUOTE="JML897"]

dkhw

The defense held Philadelphia and NYG to 13 points each, and both teams feature very potent offenses. The Chargers have one of the smarter QB's in the NFL with the best RB in the NFL--who I may add was only held to 64 yards. That defense is good because they apply pressure with the front 4 every down.

The offense looked good because it was the first game in which Favre had his top 3 receivers all in there at once. The running game will be back when Vernand Morency is back in the lineup, but they still got Minnesota and Chicago to look forward to--divisional opponents who are both in the top ten in run defense. Then there's the added dimension of Koren Robinson being a #4 receiver when he's re-instated and Favre will have a lot more weapons.

The fact of the matter is they're 3-0, and the teams they beat were all in the playoffs. This is no fluke.

MartinRiggs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MartinRiggs15
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts
Thoughts: Pats > Steelers in AFC Championship game (still) & Rams suck a lot.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ngamer05
The Saints were overrated going into the season...sorry New Orleans, no cinderella story this year.
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
I just got through watchin' the post game talk on MNF and boy is Emmit Smith dumb or what? He should not be sitting next to Steve Young ever.
rabidwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rabidwolf86
Member since 2004 • 743 Posts
no one's paying attention to pittsburgh and holy crap favre and the pack are undefeated?! and wtf happened to the saints... deuce is gone for the season......
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Everyone says it: It all starts up front.

The offensive line has been dominated all three games(four games actually) and the defensive line, the best part of this D, can't seem to find their way to the quarterback. It's just too tough to watch sometimes. Now that Deuce is gone, maybe it's time to see more of this Pierre Thomas guy.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="D-MonDRV"][QUOTE="JML897"]

D-MonDRV

The defense held Philadelphia and NYG to 13 points each, and both teams feature very potent offenses. The Chargers have one of the smarter QB's in the NFL with the best RB in the NFL--who I may add was only held to 64 yards. That defense is good because they apply pressure with the front 4 every down.

The offense looked good because it was the first game in which Favre had his top 3 receivers all in there at once. The running game will be back when Vernand Morency is back in the lineup, but they still got Minnesota and Chicago to look forward to--divisional opponents who are both in the top ten in run defense. Then there's the added dimension of Koren Robinson being a #4 receiver when he's re-instated and Favre will have a lot more weapons.

The fact of the matter is they're 3-0, and the teams they beat were all in the playoffs. This is no fluke.

1. Phliadelphia stunk the past two weeks. They had nothing going for them. They only broke out this week. These past weeks, they been worse than a medicore team--offensively and defensively.

2. Giants are a DECENT, not "potent" offense. Eli Manning is decent, recievers are decent, TE is overrated.

3. Front seven of the packers are pretty good. It's just the secondary.

4. Chargers were held to 14 points the past two weeks by Pats and Bears, proving again that Green Bay has a decent and at best, a good defense. These two teams have Championship defense.

5. Vernad Morency maybe the answer, but we will have to see. I also have doubts of how long Favre will keep playing at his level, but Great job by him anyways.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

The Saints were overrated going into the season...sorry New Orleans, no cinderella story this year.Ngamer05

Saints have a bye this week then Carolina goes to New Orleans, seems like we play them at the worst times.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dkhw

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]The Saints were overrated going into the season...sorry New Orleans, no cinderella story this year.goodlay

Saints have a bye this week then Carolina goes to New Orleans, seems like we play them at the worst times.

Well, Steve Smith should have a field day with the Saints. I am hoping for another 30+ fantasy points.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="goodlay"]

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]The Saints were overrated going into the season...sorry New Orleans, no cinderella story this year.dkhw

Well, Steve Smith should have a field day with the Saints. I am hoping for another 30+ fantasy points.

You would think, but watch the Panthers play down to their opposition and in the end beating themselves :?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

So far, it's a pretty normal week except for the Eagles' and Chargers' gam. Seriously, the change in coach is slowing down LT and that secondary is horrendous for the Chargers. And it looks like McNabb will be an Eagle for a while.

dkhw

It was hillarious to watch LT's interview, he looked like he wanted to cry. Quite the change from week one when he was talking **** about the pats and saying we think "If your not cheating your not trying".

I'm glad to see him failing miserably and will cheer when he doesn't produce yet again this week.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dkhw
Also, right now, there is only two good teams in NFC and that's Cowboys and suprisingly Packers. I thought Seahawks would be good, but they are terrible. Bears lost Mike Brown for the season again and lost some key defensive players and their QB blows. Eagles look like they are surging, but I am going to have to see another game to consider them as a contender, but then again, this is NFC.