Pro teams that should move

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PsychoT4Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PsychoT4Prez
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Tampa Bay Rays - Fans still ain't showing up at the games, it's time they accept it

Florida Marlins - They've won 2 World Series' in the last 10 or 11 years? And fans have never gave them any kind of support

Charlotte Bobcats - I've lived in NC my whole life and can say almost no one here pays any attention to the NBA unless they moved from another state and still follow their old team. College Basketball is as huge as it gets here, the NBA is not needed here

Memphis Grizzlies - Not only are they in a state that doesn't give 2 cents about the league, but they just seem like a pointless organization to me

There are some others, but those are the main ones I see. Feel free to add to the list.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Florida just doesnt like baseball. They need to move both of those team somewhere that wants them.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Yup and LA still doesn't have an NFL team :?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Yup and LA still doesn't have an NFL team :?X360PS3AMD05

Enough about LA and the NFL. They have had 2 FRICKING TEAMS. they dont support them and they leave. What more do you want?

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Yup and LA still doesn't have an NFL team :?Just_Osmo

Enough about LA and the NFL. They have had 2 FRICKING TEAMS. they dont support them and they leave. What more do you want?

Agreed L.A had their chances
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Marlins to San Antonio! :D

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Espurs117
Take em. I don't know one person that even follow the Marlins. All Yankee or Red Sox fans here in Florida....
Master_Jdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Master_Jdog
Member since 2008 • 832 Posts

Tampa Bay Rays - Fans still ain't showing up at the games, it's time they accept it

Florida Marlins - They've won 2 World Series' in the last 10 or 11 years? And fans have never gave them any kind of support

Charlotte Bobcats - I've lived in NC my whole life and can say almost no one here pays any attention to the NBA unless they moved from another state and still follow their old team. College Basketball is as huge as it gets here, the NBA is not needed here

Memphis Grizzlies - Not only are they in a state that doesn't give 2 cents about the league, but they just seem like a pointless organization to me

There are some others, but those are the main ones I see. Feel free to add to the list.

PsychoT4Prez
Completly agree i line in North Carolina to College basketball is probably the sport that gets the most attention out of all sports. The Marlins or the Rays should move to NC there are a lot of people that would like to see that. The other Flordia team should move San Antonio or Portland. The Grizzlies should move to Cincinattie or something.
Master_Jdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Jdog
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

CommanderShiro
Take em. I don't know one person that even follow the Marlins. All Yankee or Red Sox fans here in Florida....

That's what it would seem Flordia got baseball to late to become popular there.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts

[QUOTE="X360PS3AMD05"]Yup and LA still doesn't have an NFL team :?Just_Osmo

Another team, that was a different time and we don't know all the details :? Plus then we will be able to play the Patriots ;)
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

NHL- Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, Pheonix, Columbus, Carolina and Atlanta should all be put on notice. The 2 teams with the lowest attendance at the end of next season would bee removed from the league, with the next 4 lowest being moved to Hamilton, Winnepeg, Las Vegas and Quebec City.

NFL- The Bills to Toronto. I'd love for the Bills to stay in Buffalo, but chances of that happening seem to be slim-to-none, and at least a Toronto-based team could play a game or two in Buffalo without any issues.

MLB- Marlins and Rays to whoever will take them.

NBA- Memphis back to Vancouver for the lols.

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
The Jaguars.
BobC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BobC
Member since 2003 • 6259 Posts
Every single NHL team in a US city that isn't Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York. Go back to Canada where people care. ;)
whatever9992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whatever9992
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts

Every single NHL team in a US city that isn't Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York. Go back to Canada where people care. ;)BobC

How could you forget the state of hockey, Minnesota? And Buffalo (unless you count that as New York.) Aside from that, I agree. The NHL wasn't meant for places like Arizona or Georgia.
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts

[QUOTE="BobC"]Every single NHL team in a US city that isn't Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York. Go back to Canada where people care. ;)whatever9992

How could you forget the state of hockey, Minnesota? And Buffalo (unless you count that as New York.) Aside from that, I agree. The NHL wasn't meant for places like Arizona or Georgia.

The Sharks are doing pretty damn well considering how much competition they get here in the bay area. We don't have as many fans as traditional markets, but they sell out nearly every game and the fans that we do have are passionate. The sport itself is growing out here on the west too.

KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
The Toronto Bluejays need to move to the National League.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#17 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

The Royals - just doesnt seem to be a winning fit there.

Move a NHL team to Wisconsin - good hockey state.

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
[QUOTE="whatever9992"]

[QUOTE="BobC"]Every single NHL team in a US city that isn't Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York. Go back to Canada where people care. ;)CJL182

The Sharks are doing pretty damn well considering how much competition they get here in the bay area. We don't have as many fans as traditional markets, but they sell out nearly every game and the fans that we do have are passionate. The sport itself is growing out here on the west too.

According to ESPN, SJ had the 14th best average attendance last year. Other non-traditional teams in the top 15:

• Anaheim - 15th
  • Dallas - 12th
  • Tampa Bay - 8th

In the bottom half of league attendance:

• Pittsburgh - 16th (Granted, it's a small stadium.)
  • Edmonton - 18th
  • Chicago -19th
  • Boston - 26th
  • New York Islanders - 30th
So while there are some poor performing teams amongst the "Southern" teams, don't pretend every team from the original six is just cleaning up.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

mrgab

It isn't the location, the problem is the ownership.
Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

mrgab

Yeah, well Minnesota is the BEST US Hockey State. I don't care if you say the WIld don't win, they're improving, but the fans love it no matter what. We've sold out every game since the Wild came here.

Minnesota is the state of hockey. It's our nickname here.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 duxup
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Zeldaguy16

Yeah, well Minnesota is the BEST US Hockey State. I don't care if you say the WIld don't win, they're improving, but the fans love it no matter what. We've sold out every game since the Wild came here.

Improving? They've had ONE good playoff run in the 02-03 season, otherwise the ownership has been happy to excel at being adequate. They're not improving.

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
[QUOTE="PsychoT4Prez"]

Master_Jdog

Completly agree i line in North Carolina to College basketball is probably the sport that gets the most attention out of all sports. The Marlins or the Rays should move to NC there are a lot of people that would like to see that. The other Flordia team should move San Antonio or Portland. The Grizzlies should move to Cincinattie or something.

If I live in NC i would never watch an NBA game over College. Tarheels, Duke, NC Stae, etc etc etc.

Master_Jdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Jdog
[QUOTE="Master_Jdog"][QUOTE="PsychoT4Prez"]

balindos

If I live in NC i would never watch an NBA game over College. Tarheels, Duke, NC State, etc etc etc.

I actully do live in NC and yeah I'v watched one Bobcats game but over 100 UNC, Duke and NC state games.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
[QUOTE="balindos"][QUOTE="Master_Jdog"][QUOTE="PsychoT4Prez"]

Master_Jdog

If I live in NC i would never watch an NBA game over College. Tarheels, Duke, NC State, etc etc etc.

I actully do live in NC and yeah I'v watched one Bobcats game but over 100 UNC, Duke and NC state games.

The entertainment factor is way beyond any NBA game, including Celtics and Lakers in the finals.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrgab
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

duxup

It isn't the location, the problem is the ownership.

Very true, just thinking about giving them a fresh start somewhere which would include better ownership.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrgab
[QUOTE="mrgab"]

Zeldaguy16

I said Wisconsin is a good hockey state, didnt say anything about it being the best or whatever. Have had good college mens and womens teams, a quality AHL team that has a good fan following.

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeldaguy16
[QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

duxup

Improving? They've had ONE good playoff run in the 02-03 season, otherwise the ownership has been happy to excel at being adequate. They're not improving.

Did you see them at all last season? They've got young, well developed talent. Plus, Bakstrom and Harding are learning with each game they play. Brent Burns, Mikko Koivu, and James Sheppard to name a few of their young guns.

Plus, the argument I was making was that Minnesota is the best state in the US for hockey due to its fan basis. Not just professional hockey either, the Gophers and UMD Bulldogs DOMINATE.

Also, look at the 1980 Miracle on Ice. Coach Herb Brooks was from St. Paul, Minnesota, and attended the high school I now go to, Johnson High School.

In addition to that, look at the 1980 Miracle on Ice US team roster, 11 out of the 20 players played at a Minnesota University/college, and 12 of them were from Minnesota.

So basically, if it weren't Herb Brooks and all the Minnesotans, we might be speaking Russian right now, and possibly under Communist rule. :)

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zeldaguy16
[QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

mrgab

I said Wisconsin is a good hockey state, didnt say anything about it being the best or whatever. Have had good college mens and womens teams, a quality AHL team that has a good fan following.

I never said that you said it's the best state ever. I just know Minnesota is the better of the two.

Plus, I know Wisconsin deserves one, in 2006 both the Badgers' Men and Womens Hockey teams won the Matl. Title.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

Zeldaguy16

Did you see them at all last season? They've got young, well developed talent. Plus, Bakstrom and Harding are learning with each game they play. Brent Burns, Mikko Koivu, and James Sheppard to name a few of their young guns.

Plus, the argument I was making was that Minnesota is the best state in the US for hockey due to its fan basis. Not just professional hockey either, the Gophers and UMD Bulldogs DOMINATE.

Also, look at the 1980 Miracle on Ice. Coach Herb Brooks was from St. Paul, Minnesota, and attended the high school I now go to, Johnson High School.

In addition to that, look at the 1980 Miracle on Ice US team roster, 11 out of the 20 players played at a Minnesota University/college, and 12 of them were from Minnesota.

So basically, if it weren't Herb Brooks and all the Minnesotans, we might be speaking Russian right now, and possibly under Communist rule. :)

Yeah I did. Thumped out of the first round despite home ice advantage. I don't see how you can see that as improving.

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zeldaguy16
[QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"][QUOTE="mrgab"]

duxup

Yeah I did. Thumped out of the first round despite home ice advantage. I don't see how you can see that as improving.

Although I didn't have as many wins as 2 seasons ago, last season they brought in young talent. Improving doesn't mean only winning more games, but bringing in better talent. They're trying to get younger, and they've brought in some guys for fresh legs.

Plus, you still ignored my argument about the 1980 Olympics and Miracle on Ice, so since you dropped that argument I'm assuming you agree since you obviously didn't refute it.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 duxup

Although I didn't have as many wins as 2 seasons ago, last season they brought in young talent. Improving doesn't mean only winning more games, but bringing in better talent. They're trying to get younger, and they've brought in some guys for fresh legs.

Plus, you still ignored my argument about the 1980 Olympics and Miracle on Ice, so since you dropped that argument I'm assuming you agree since you obviously didn't refute it.

Zeldaguy16

Huh? What does all that stuff have to do with the Wild's disappointing season? That doesn't make it better, and that doesn't mean the team is improving.

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zeldaguy16
[QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"]

duxup

Huh? What does all that stuff have to do with the Wild's disappointing season? That doesn't make it better, and that doesn't mean the team is improving.

I just stated how I know that the team is improving. Whether we disagree or agree, we both have different opinions.

My MAIN argument was that Minnesota is the best state for any type of hockey.

Argument Flow:

Minnesota is best state for hockey

-Minnesota Wild are improving

-Gophers and UMD Bulldogs dominate

-1980 Miracle on Ice and Minnesota's impact

THERE. I flowed thwe whole argument for you, since you obviously don't even know what the argument is about. MAIN topic is Minnesota is the best state for hockey, the indented statements are just parts of the main argument.

It's called argumentation, you should learn it Duxup.