Pistons @ Celtics

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Good game so far, I recorded it and am at half time.

Celtics look nasty, Rondo is looking like a beast.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

Meh, looks like Detroit controlled their boring style tempo in the 2nd half. They're down by 5pts, the C's need come 3-pointers to pull this one off.

Edit: Tied game!

dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
My money ison Ray Allen hitting the game winner right now.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dodgerblue13
Okay, lost that cash. Chauncey missing off of the frontof the rim now.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dodgerblue13
I obviously meant Chauncey getting fouled and making at least one.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo

Wow. That was the worst called game in the 2nd half. The Celtics were getting raped and had like 90% of the fouls be no calls.

Pierce should have taken that to the rim that was a bad decision.

shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts

Lmao @ complaining about the refs, there were bad calls both ways, like the air fouling Garnett, or giving Ray Allen 3 points when his foot was on the line.

These are both great teams and while I am extremely happy we got the win, it's just a regular season game in December, no big deal.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just_Osmo

Lmao @ complaining about the refs, there were bad calls both ways, like the air fouling Garnett, or giving Ray Allen 3 points when his foot was on the line.

These are both great teams and while I am extremely happy we got the win, it's just a regular season game in December, no big deal.

shooks20

The first half was called fine, the second half was horrible.

The Pistons shouldn't have won that game.

shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts

Just_Osmo

You realize the two examples I gave were late in the game when it was very close.....you sound very bitter

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

shooks20

You realize the two examples I gave were late in the game when it was very close.....you sound very bitter

I'm not bitter just a little pissed at some of the calls. It was ana mazing game and the next one between the 2 will be amazing. For a team that had never played together before this season theyw ere pretty impressive. To bring the game down to the wire and almost having won it against the supposive best team in the east is impressive. Especially if youconsider they had the lead through 75% of the game by 5-10 points.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo

Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.Gamer556

hahahaha, beat up on weak east teams yet we dominated the game through the first 3 quarters and missed winning the game because pierce missed the shot and tony allen fouled on the pistons shot with .1 seconds left.

To have a game that close when you are the veteren team and the Celtics have played together for 22 games prior to this one is pathetic.

Don't talk crap when you won by luck against a team you just tried to claim is weak.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

The Celtics face a quality team, and of course, lose. You can't rack up 70 wins by beating only crap teams.

Hopefully they face the Lakers in the Finals so we can beat the Celtcs like we did in the 80s.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

that was a good game

the celtics are doing exactly what they should be doing; beat up on weak teams and play a good competitive games against great teams, remember people this is still a work in progress, anyone who thinks the celtics cant beat a good team or anyone that thinks the celtics are unstoppable should check themselves

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Pretty good game.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Just_Osmo

The Celtics face a quality team, and of course, lose. You can't rack up 70 wins by beating only crap teams.

Hopefully they face the Lakers in the Finals so we can beat the Celtcs like we did in the 80s.

AHUGECAT

Just liek you beat us liek on the 23rd when the lakers beat us. oh wait no that was a win for the celts.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamer556"]Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.Just_Osmo

hahahaha, beat up on weak east teams yet we dominated the game through the first 3 quarters and missed winning the game because pierce missed the shot and tony allen fouled on the pistons shot with .1 seconds left.

To have a game that close when you are the veteren team and the Celtics have played together for 22 games prior to this one is pathetic.

Don't talk crap when you won by luck against a team you just tried to claim is weak.

Dominated? Won by luck? Were you even watching the game? :| You obviously have such a bias for the Celtics that you're completely incapable of forming an objective opinion on the game.

The simple fact is that neither team dominated, and the Pistons did not win by luck. Whether you can come to grips with that is up to you...

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Just_Osmo

Just liek you beat us liek on the 23rd when the lakers beat us. oh wait no that was a win for the celts.

Lakers had a bad game.

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Gamer556"]Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.Dutch_Mix

Dude dont even bother. Get use to this guy,

Dominated? Won by luck? Were you even watching the game? :| You obviously have such a bias for the Celtics that you're completely incapable of forming an objective opinion on the game.

The simple fact is that neither team dominated, and the Pistons did not win by luck. Whether you can come to grips with that is up to you...

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Gamer556"]Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.Dutch_Mix

The Celtics had the lead for the majority of the game. A lead that ranged from 2-10. They didnt give up the lead until mid 4th quarter if memory servers me.

..and they didnt win by luck? Pierce missing an easy 2 instead of going for the layup with 1.7 left on the clock and having tony allen give you an idiotic foul to win isnt luck? If you call that skill on the pistons part then wow.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_Osmo

I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.manningbowl135

How can you not be impressed with a team playing with a 20-3 record in their first year playign together?

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.Just_Osmo
How can you not be impressed with a team playing with a 20-3 record in their first year playign together?

I believe the Detroit Lions were also 6-2 this year, look how that turned out.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 manningbowl135

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.Just_Osmo

I don't care what year they're playing together! Why would I? It's not like a young team that shows promise in first year and I'm impressed b/c they have a bright future. This team does not have a bright future. Their chances to win is now and with 3 superstars, losing 3 times against 3 elite teams (Magic when they were) is not good. They have to win this year. Noone will cut them a break b/c it's their first year playing together, unlike the blazers.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.bluezy

lol at that comparison.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.manningbowl135

I don't care what year they're playing together! Why would I? It's not like a young team that shows promise in first year and I'm impressed b/c they have a bright future. This team does not have a bright future. Their chances to win is now and with 3 superstars, losing 3 times against 3 elite teams (Magic when they were) is not good. They have to win this year. Noone will cut them a break b/c it's their first year playing together, unlike the blazers.

Everyone knows thatwhen a team has had a few years together they play 10x better because they know what the others are doing before they even do it.

No one really gave the Celtics much of a chance this year because they hadnt ever played together, but look at them right now they are wrecking bad teams and having very close games with the elites. Tonight should have been a win, but the last play didnt go their way. I still see them in the finals. Do I think they will win it? i don't know the west is still the elites.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.Just_Osmo

lol at that comparison.

Just saying, they could really stink it up if one bad thing happens. You never know.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"]I'm not impressed with the Celtics yet. They seem to lose against the elite teams. Cavaliers WITH James, Pistons and Magic when they were gelling.bluezy

lol at that comparison.

Just saying, they could really stink it up if one bad thing happens. You never know.

Any NBA team can suck if the stars get injured.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Gamer556"]Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.Just_Osmo

The Celtics had the lead for the majority of the game. A lead that ranged from 2-10. They didnt give up the lead until mid 4th quarter if memory servers me.

..and they didnt win by luck? Pierce missing an easy 2 instead of going for the layup with 1.7 left on the clock and having tony allen give you an idiotic foul to win isnt luck? If you call that skill on the pistons part then wow.

A 10 point lead in the second quarter and you have the audacity to say they dominated? :|

Again, did you even watch the game? Honestly, your claims that the Pistons won by luck (or lack of skill) is absurd and unfounded.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

how is that luck? It's not liek pierce and allen didn't have control over what they were doing, they just didn't make the right plays. ive never seen anyone get this defensive over a loss in an otherwise well played game. Looks like someones bitter that their team lost...

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

that was a good game

the celtics are doing exactly what they should be doing; beat up on weak teams and play a good competitive games against great teams, remember people this is still a work in progress, anyone who thinks the celtics cant beat a good team or anyone that thinks the celtics are unstoppable should check themselves

BeanTownBrown86

This is the truth here. I'm upset they lost but that was an entertaining, physical game, much more entertaining than the usual blowouts ;). This Celtics team needs to face a few bumps in the road already, they will learn lessons and be better off later on because of games like this. Looking forward to the rematch @ the Palace.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

A 10 point lead in the second quarter and you have the audacity to say they dominated? :|

Again, did you even watch the game? Honestly, your claims that the Pistons won by luck (or lack of skill) is absurd and unfounded.

The Pistons winning because of a missed easy 2 (or even easier lay up if he would have done that) and leaving 1.7 seconds on the clock and then having Tony Allen fouling on the final shot is not luck? i don't see how that win had anything to do with skill. Sure keeping the game close took skill but they didnt win with skill. the win was luck.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
^ Billups did have the veteran savvy to do his master pump fake-jump into the guy move on T Allen, who fell for it hook line and sinker. Plus they didn't foul Pierce, they let him shoot. Pistons won by making smarter decisions in crunch time and no mistakes, the C's had chances to win or head to OT but didn't get it done. Detroit deserved it, can't win em all, though I agree Boston played better basketball for most of the game.
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

The Pistons winning because of a missed easy 2 (or even easier lay up if he would have done that) and leaving 1.7 seconds on the clock and then having Tony Allen fouling on the final shot is not luck? i don't see how that win had anything to do with skill. Sure keeping the game close took skill but they didnt win with skill. the win was luck.

*ahem* A win is a win

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Guys, its one game out of 82. The world is not ending... In football, a loss is very big. In basketball, it really isn't quite as big. The Celts lost by 2 points, but regardless of how you argue with calls or whatnot, a loss is a loss. Strong teams recover from losses. We'll see how the Celts do in the upcoming days.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
All these people saying that Detroit was the Highest rated team in the East, go to SportsIllustrated, ESPN, and many other sportswebsitesand see that the BOSTON CELTICS were expected to be the best team this year. They were expected to be the best of the EAST, not the Detroit Pistons. While the Detroit Pistons have 4 guys who have been together for a few years now they also have one big hole in the lineup. The loss of ben still has not truly been filled yet. The Pistons won, that it. I am from Detroit, I honestly expected to see the Celtics blow us out tonight, but once again Boston proved that they are not ready for a team like Detroit. The Celtics have lost now 9 straight matches against the Pistons. The Celitcs will continue to be an amazing team but just wait until your boys hit some of the best in the West. The East is a weak this year. Pistons won Woohooo. quit your complaining and quit calling it luck. Oh yea Celtics, Luck of the Irish, thats where all this junk about luck is coming from.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="shooks20"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Just_Osmo

I'm not bitter just a little pissed at some of the calls. It was ana mazing game and the next one between the 2 will be amazing. For a team that had never played together before this season theyw ere pretty impressive. To bring the game down to the wire and almost having won it against the supposive best team in the east is impressive. Especially if youconsider they had the lead through 75% of the game by 5-10 points.

They weren't supposed by anyone to be the best--that title was with the Celtics the whole month.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dkhw
[QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Luck? Cleverly drawing a foul from a pump fake isn't a skill especially when the guy never misses a single crunch-time free throw?

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Just_Osmo

All these people saying that Detroit was the Highest rated team in the East, go to SportsIllustrated, ESPN, and many other sportswebsitesand see that the BOSTON CELTICS were expected to be the best team this year. They were expected to be the best of the EAST, not the Detroit Pistons. While the Detroit Pistons have 4 guys who have been together for a few years now they also have one big hole in the lineup. The loss of ben still has not truly been filled yet. The Pistons won, that it. I am from Detroit, I honestly expected to see the Celtics blow us out tonight, but once again Boston proved that they are not ready for a team like Detroit. The Celtics have lost now 9 straight matches against the Pistons. The Celitcs will continue to be an amazing team but just wait until your boys hit some of the best in the West. The East is a weak this year. Pistons won Woohooo. quit your complaining and quit calling it luck. Oh yea Celtics, Luck of the Irish, thats where all this junk about luck is coming from. zeldafan00013

9 straight wins lol. 8 of those being durign the years when we barely ever won a game.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="shooks20"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

dkhw

They weren't supposed by anyone to be the best--that title was with the Celtics the whole month.

The Pistons are considered by many analists to be the best in the east.

[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="Gamer556"]Despite the low score, that was a great game. Celtics fans better get used to this. You can't beat up on weak East teams forever.dkhw

Luck? Cleverly drawing a foul from a pump fake isn't a skill especially when the guy never misses a single crunch-time free throw?

It was lucky. he was lucky that Tony Allen wasn't thinking and fell for it instead of letting him take the shot like your suppost to. You should never let a game be won with a free throw.

Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#42 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
it was a real good hard fought game, but Detroit showed why they are the more experienced coming back late in the game. If anything, Boston... or more like Pierce, took a bad shot at the end when that could have been their big break... maybe next time :roll:
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
The Pistons winning because of a missed easy 2 (or even easier lay up if he would have done that) and leaving 1.7 seconds on the clock and then having Tony Allen fouling on the final shot is not luck?Just_Osmo

No, that isn't luck. Man, your so up above the clouds that you can't even see things like they are. If i remember correctly, the Pistons were the one that had the lead most of the 4th quarter.

Luck? Easy 2 as you say, but he missed it, it's called a missed shot, not "oh i had bad luck, that's why i missed". And Tony Allen's foul was a mix of stupidity from his part and a great pump-fake by Billups. He still had to make at least one shot with virtually no time left on the clock, and he made both of them

Do yourself a favor and give credit were credit is due. The Pistons are my least favorite team in the NBA, but they won that game and they deserve credit for it.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 manningbowl135
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Everyone knows thatwhen a team has had a few years together they play 10x better because they know what the others are doing before they even do it.

No one really gave the Celtics much of a chance this year because they hadnt ever played together, but look at them right now they are wrecking bad teams and having very close games with the elites. Tonight should have been a win, but the last play didnt go their way. I still see them in the finals. Do I think they will win it? i don't know the west is still the elites.

Problem is they don't have a few years. They'll be too old by then.

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
Best of the Least Conference. If Boston played in the West, they'd probably be just above .500. The real basketball game was played in Dallas against Phoenix, which Dallas won.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Holy crap, I've never seen someone whine so much about a loss in December before.

Chill out, Osmo. Chances are, the Celtics and Pistons will be the top 2 seeds in the East anyway -- this game is basically meaningless.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dkhw
[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="shooks20"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

Just_Osmo

The Pistons are considered by many analists to be the best in the east.

[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Dutch_Mix"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

who? The sports guy? He predicts a second round exit from the Detroit. ESPN? They rank Pistons below Boston in their power rankings. CNN? Yahoo? Which anaylst are we talking about here?

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 D3s7rUc71oN
The Pistons have been playing together for years, and they're a veteran team if that wasn't the case Celtics would have blown them out. The Pistons have the edge right now b/c of that, and wtf happened to theOrlando Magic?
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Just_Osmo

The Pistons have been playing together for years, and they're a veteran team if that wasn't the case Celtics would have blown them out. The Pistons have the edge right now b/c of that, and wtf happened to theOrlando Magic?D3s7rUc71oN

Not according to some peopel in this thread. The playing together for years thing doesn't matter.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D3s7rUc71oN

[QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]The Pistons have been playing together for years, and they're a veteran team if that wasn't the case Celtics would have blown them out. The Pistons have the edge right now b/c of that, and wtf happened to theOrlando Magic?Just_Osmo

Not according to some peopel in this thread. The playing together for years thing doesn't matter.

TBH, some jump at the opportunity to bash and discredit their 20-3 record regardless who they've played. Funny thing is they've lost in the final minutes of those 3 losses, 2 on the road(one in OT) and the other at the last few seconds of the game. Finally last night with .1 second left :| so I don't get the stupid comments how they can't compete with the Elite teams. The've just started playing 23 games together! and people discredit them already?!

As for playing together in a few years, they'll be too old argument. Do people realize Steve Nash is 34yrs old and look how he's playing. People sure make dumb comments in order to reinforce what they want to believe. Lastly, forget about the Big Three they should be called The Big Four.