No more trash talking!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

I totally thought this would be California since it's a bunch of bitches here, but New Jersey is going to ban high school athletes from trash talking during the game.  Just when I thought this country couldn't prove to be more of a bitch state, this appears.  Never will be surprised again!

A quote from the article, "According to the Associated Press, athletes who make the mistake of talking trash could earn penalties for their teams and even find themselves under investigation by the state Civil Rights Division."

Bunch of bitches

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Trash talk is part of the game. I have no problem with players saying things like "You can't cover me" or "You're soft." Things like that.

It's when that talk becomes racial or sexist that I can see maybe action being taken. Obviously calling someone a very derogatory term isn't right.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Chutebox

Trash talk is part of the game. I have no problem with players saying things like "You can't cover me" or "You're soft." Things like that.

It's when that talk becomes racial or sexist that I can see maybe action being taken. Obviously calling someone a very derogatory term isn't right.

yokofox33

Oh please.  That shit stays on the field and it's part of the game.  Stop being so damn PC.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Chutebox

Oh please.  That shit stays on the field and it's part of the game.  Stop being so damn PC.

So if a white dude called someone a dirty n****, it would be ok? Or if someone called another dude a foggat or saying they'll rape his mother, that's ok with you?

Why is a field or court ok for someone to say these things, but not in an office setting?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

So if a white dude called someone a dirty n****, it would be ok? Or if someone called another dude a foggat or saying they'll rape his mother, that's ok with you?

Why is a field or court ok for someone to say these things, but not in an office setting?

wouldn't be ok with the racist shit, but that's it. Only reason people say anything is to get under your skin and mess up your game. It's part of the game and it always will be.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yokofox33

Fair enough. I'm fine with some dirty talk. I really am, but I think some things needs to be left unsaid. But the heat of the moment can get to players and they say or do things they don't really intend.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox

Fair enough. I'm fine with some dirty talk. I really am, but I think some things needs to be left unsaid. But the heat of the moment can get to players and they say or do things they don't really intend.

yokofox33
Yes they can, another reason why none of it should be taken personally. Like I said, all that shit stays on the field. I talk plenty of shit to opponents, but after the game we're all smiles.
Nwolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nwolfy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
As everyone else said, it's a part of the game. Every sport has trash talking, but it shouldn't be offensive.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I'm fine with trash talk as long as it isn't racial or death threats or shit like that. If you don't want someone to talk, don't let them score.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
As everyone else said, it's a part of the game. Every sport has trash talking, but it shouldn't be offensive.Nwolfy
Wtf? The f*ck it shouldn't be. IDGAF if any one comes at me with any type of trash talk whether it be some racist bullshit or not, then again I don't take offense to shit cause im not a huge pusscake.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bobbles

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Yes, I'm okay with all of that. Grow a sack and stop getting offended over shit. Bunch of pusscakes we've become. Call me a spick, IDGAF.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

I am racist. I hate everyone who is a waste. 

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bobbles
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]I'm fine with trash talk as long as it isn't racial or death threats or shit like that. If you don't want someone to talk, don't let them score.

F*ck you cracker.
Put_in_Kitna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Put_in_Kitna
Member since 2009 • 2765 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]I'm fine with trash talk as long as it isn't racial or death threats or shit like that. If you don't want someone to talk, don't let them score.Bobbles
F*ck you cracker.

Your spick ass is crossing the line, please stop. 

istylez973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 istylez973
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
i dont like this rule just for the sinple fact im from jersey and when we ball we allways talk trash it was fuel the game at the time and after dat we was still cool they should ban only racial and homophobia taunting thats consider bullying to me
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Bobbles

Yes, I'm okay with all of that. Grow a sack and stop getting offended over shit. Bunch of pusscakes we've become. Call me a spick, IDGAF.

You're a damn beaner?!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox

And I never cared if someone called me a sand **** on the field.  Part of the game. 

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
For some reason my trash talk never effected my opponent... "That mid range jumper you keep shooting yields a lower than expected points per possession value!" BAM!
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Well if the trash talk was as vicious as no_hablo's up there then I completely understand why they banned it.
Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts
man I'm from Cali and we always talk trash out here it's because you got some gang members playing football and stuff and dem kats are usually super sensitive when you say something too them. That's why they got this punkass rule in effect they take it personal and shoot yo place up afterwards other than that it's the pussification of America mane, look at what the fvuck they doing to football!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]For some reason my trash talk never effected my opponent... "That mid range jumper you keep shooting yields a lower than expected points per possession value!" BAM!

I hope you apologized. That's just too personal.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yokofox33

For some reason my trash talk never effected my opponent... "That mid range jumper you keep shooting yields a lower than expected points per possession value!" BAM!No_Hablo_Ingles

You sicken me you piece of worthless s***

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]For some reason my trash talk never effected my opponent... "That mid range jumper you keep shooting yields a lower than expected points per possession value!" BAM!

I feel like that might have more of an effect than the offensive insults. The player's has to think "did he really just say that?" He might even laugh and you can catch him off guard.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Chutebox

You're a damn beaner?!

Nah, you f*ckin dunecoon. I'm of puerto rican descent.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

yokofox33

Agreed, even though I don't trash talk I don't mind people who do it to me. It just motivates me more to succeed...so when I win I just smile and be quiet cause I know that all that smack that they talked is echoing though their mind.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
no more trash talk in the NFL thread next year also. only kindness allowed!