NFL: Matt Leinart to be release today, Sam Bradford named Rams starter.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5531697

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5531595

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I know it's hard to believe, but Leinart in fact does not play in the NCAA anymore and did graduate to the NFL, though most people wouldn't know that by looking at his play. Anyways, NFL.com has a link on the homepage.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I wonder if the Jags are interested in Leinhart. Maybe they'll try to turn him into Mark Brunell 2.0 (back when he was good obviously) or something like that.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
So uh, where's that homer Arizona fan at now? Wasn't he saying Leinart would fill in for Warner just fine? Hilarious.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I wonder if the Jags are interested in Leinhart. Maybe they'll try to turn him into Mark Brunell 2.0 (back when he was good obviously) or something like that.

yokofox33

NO! Hell NO! Give me a QB from the upcoming draft class instead.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

CommanderShiro

Man I loved Brunell. He was awesome. I was just thinking out loud is all. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea either, but I'm not the front office.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....CleanPlayer

That should give you an idea just how awful Leinart is.

Plus..I don't have any links to back this up, but I've been listening to sports radio and they've been saying the rest of the Cardinals hate Matt Leinart. Supposedly he's more interested in being a celebrity than being a good football player, which wouldn't come as a surprise to me.

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

Maybe he'll rejoin w/Pete Carroll at Seattle

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....CleanPlayer

I agree about the Card's stupidity

You have Warner who's a sure fire HOF QB that throws the ball down the field

Then for years you've been grooming a guy who HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAY STYLE

Now when Warner retires you either have to change the team or you dump the QB you spent all this time grooming.

He's completing 75% of his passes with no turnovers and a QB rating of 93 this preseason, it's not like he can't play the position he's just not the right fit for this team and WTH is wrong with the Cards that they didn't know that the entire time he was there?

Morons

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Man I loved Brunell. He was awesome. I was just thinking out loud is all. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea either, but I'm not the front office.

Everyone loved Brunell, those were the days for sure.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theone86

yokofox33

David Garrard is a better QB than Matt Leinart, hell if he gets support this season he could surprise people.

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....Jaysonguy

Then for years you've been grooming a guy who HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLAY STYLE

Now when Warner retires you either have to change the team or you dump the QB you spent all this time grooming.

He's completing 75% of his passes with no turnovers and a QB rating of 93 this preseason, it's not like he can't play the position he's just not the right fit for this team and WTH is wrong with the Cards that they didn't know that the entire time he was there?

Morons

Anderson has always had accuracy problems, but he has better poise in the pocket and throws a longer ball than Leinart. I agree Arizona is in for trouble, but boo on them for not grabbing one to the quaterbacks available when they had the chance.

Grooming shmooming, Leinart sucks, period. He doesn't make good decisions, he turns the ball over, he's not a starting QB. JaMarcus Russel played well in the preseason too, that doesn't mean squat. Did you watch the game against the Bears? I'm telling you, that wasn't Leinart being a good quarterback, that was the Bears' defense handing him completions by not covering receivers. I hope someone does pick up Leinart and start him just so he can prove AGAIN to people like you what a *****y QB he really is.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

As a Cards fan, I'm glad to see Leinart be released. It makes me happy cause of all the people that said he was a better QB than Vince Young. Matt will make someone a good 3rd string QB, he's not even good enough for 2nd. What a big flop. I think Anderson will do good, not great but better than Matt.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Thought they played in the NFL?
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

theone86

David Garrard is a better QB than Matt Leinart, hell if he gets support this season he could surprise people.

Garrard is solid for sure. I just wish he would revert to the form he was in when he initially became the starter. Still, the Jags need playmakers. They don't really have any aside from MJD and perhaps Sims-Walker.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50646 Posts

Arizona is stupid.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
You guys don't really understand why Leinart isn't a good quarterback. Did he stats looks good in preseason? Sure. Doesn't mean a damn thing. He didn't throw a single pass past the 10 yard mark. Why? He's too afraid of getting picked off. And rightfully so because this guy is HORRIBLY inaccurate throwing deep. Their offense sputtered out when Leinart was in. It's not a coincidence. Leinart just isn't a good quarterback. And to add onto that, he has a bad attitude. He thinks he's good and there's nothing he needs to work on. If he really thought that taking the check down was making him look bad, why wouldn't he throw downfield to try and keep his job? It's because he didn't think that taking the check down every play is stupid. He thinks it's efficient when it's detrimental to getting down the field. Is Derek Anderson a franchise QB? Probably not. But he's above and beyond better than Leinart. He'll throw his picks, but he'll make plays too. He'll win them games by putting that ball up there for those receivers. If he has a solid supporting case there is no reason he can't be successful. And you saw it in preseason. There was an explosiveness to that offense that they just don't have with Leinart. Now, no one is going to replace Kurt Warner. But if they switch to a ball control offense, there's no reason they can't be a good team. Beanie Wells just needs to step up his game, and I think he's perfectly capable of it.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
Congrats Arizona, you are the dumbest franchise in football. Attack Leinart all you want, he showed flashes of being good and was never given a fair chance to prove himself. He earned atleast one season, Leinart was never really given a fair chance. Also to Leinart haters, the point of preseason is to evaluate players to determine who makes the team and who gets starting jobs. Now, if the coaches are going to cut the players who played the best during preseason, whats the point of having these games at all? Do we need them? Hopefully leinart gets signed somewhere else, then makes the Cards eat it.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

Derek Anderson.:lol: Oh and, change the thread title to NFL.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MoonMarvel
You guys don't really understand why Leinart isn't a good quarterback. Did he stats looks good in preseason? Sure. Doesn't mean a damn thing. He didn't throw a single pass past the 10 yard mark. Why? He's too afraid of getting picked off. And rightfully so because this guy is HORRIBLY inaccurate throwing deep. Their offense sputtered out when Leinart was in. It's not a coincidence. Leinart just isn't a good quarterback. And to add onto that, he has a bad attitude. He thinks he's good and there's nothing he needs to work on. If he really thought that taking the check down was making him look bad, why wouldn't he throw downfield to try and keep his job? It's because he didn't think that taking the check down every play is stupid. He thinks it's efficient when it's detrimental to getting down the field. Is Derek Anderson a franchise QB? Probably not. But he's above and beyond better than Leinart. He'll throw his picks, but he'll make plays too. He'll win them games by putting that ball up there for those receivers. If he has a solid supporting case there is no reason he can't be successful. And you saw it in preseason. There was an explosiveness to that offense that they just don't have with Leinart. Now, no one is going to replace Kurt Warner. But if they switch to a ball control offense, there's no reason they can't be a good team. Beanie Wells just needs to step up his game, and I think he's perfectly capable of it. frostybanana
Did you see Anderson is cleveland? The guy is a bad QB with no real potential. He had 3 TD and 10 INTS his last year there and he really failed to even show a hint of doing anything. I dont know where your love of Anderson is coming from, but you are going to be let down when he fails AGAIN and gets cut in 2 years.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 QuistisTrepe_

Attack Leinart all you want, he showed flashes of being good and was never given a fair chance to prove himself. Leinart was never really given a fair chance. Also to Leinart haters, the point of preseason is to evaluate players to determine who makes the team and who gets starting jobs. MoonMarvel

Your post doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well. Just a hunch.

You're right about the point of preseason though. Too bad Leinart never made much of an impression in all of his pre-seasons since 2006, let alone when he lost his starting job to Kurt Warner in the middle of 2007. The guy had all the weapons a QB could ask for and couldn't do anything even in garbage time when Warner would have to reenter the game just to assure victory due to Leinart's ineptitude.

But hey, if you think a guy with a career completion percentage of 57% with 14 TDs and 20 INTs is someone to build around, go for it man. At least Anderson can claim a winning season, more than one can say for Leinart. Wisenhunt gave Leinart more chances than most coaches would have done and he blew it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well.

QuistisTrepe_

So he kept a QB that he doesn't trust and doesn't work with the system why?

Oh yeah he sure knows talent, that's why he spent the last 4 years grooming a guy who couldn't fit his style of play

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well.

Jaysonguy

Oh yeah he sure knows talent, that's why he spent the last 4 years grooming a guy who couldn't fit his style of play

Leinart was drafted during the Dennis Green years. Wisenhunt inherited Leinart. With a former first-round pick on hand, that saved him the trouble of finding a backup QB. Now that Warner is gone, Leinart's usefulness has run out. Cutting him in an uncapped year means less financial burden for the Cardinals. Leinart did nothing to justify another financial commitment from the Cardinals.

How anyone can ignore the obvious is beyond my comprehension.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Leinart sucks, plain and simple! At least on the NFL level he does. He thinks he's better than he actually is because he won a bunch of games at USC... which are now taken away! He even said that he had the better team when Vince Young and Texas beat them for the title. The guy is too cocky, and doesn't deserve anymore chances in Arizona. Sure, he's got talent... just not as much as he thinks he does. Derek Anderson went to a Pro-Bowl people. His potential is much greater than Leinart's.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CleanPlayer

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....Jaysonguy

Morons

Yea, I agree. They totally effed up and treated the QB they were grooming like crap. I guess he must have been a douche to the coach or teammates.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CleanPlayer

[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"]I think the Cardinals are stupid. Why in earth would you want Anderson as your QB? Did they watch him play at all with the Browns....JML897

That should give you an idea just how awful Leinart is.

Plus..I don't have any links to back this up, but I've been listening to sports radio and they've been saying the rest of the Cardinals hate Matt Leinart. Supposedly he's more interested in being a celebrity than being a good football player, which wouldn't come as a surprise to me.

That's not surprising, he does come off as a pretty boy. It's weird to think they'd want a former browns QB....that just blows my mind they really didn't have a backup plan after Warner.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MoonMarvel

Your post doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well. Just a hunch.QuistisTrepe_
Dont insult my intelligence just because you dont agree with it, my comment made PERFECT sense. And if Ken can evaluate talent why did he keep Anderson? Obviously he has some issues there.

You're right about the point of preseason though. Too bad Leinart never made much of an impression in all of his pre-seasons since 2006, let alone when he lost his starting job to Kurt Warner in the middle of 2007. The guy had all the weapons a QB could ask for and couldn't do anything even in garbage time when Warner would have to reenter the game just to assure victory due to Leinart's ineptitude.QuistisTrepe_
Leinart played very well not only during the pre season but showed flashes during the regular season, not everbody is Peyton Manning right away. But the comedy here is you attacking him for losing his job in 2007, he lost his job because of a fractured left collarbone, funny you ignore that and the fact in his first 2 years he suffered two season-ending injuries. But comparing a future HOF player to a rookie is silly, Leinart never had the chance and Ken surely never gave it to him. It takes time to develop, Aaron Rodgers needed a little while.

But hey, if you think a guy with a career completion percentage of 57% with 14 TDs and 20 INTs is someone to build around, go for it man. At least Anderson can claim a winning season, more than one can say for Leinart. Wisenhunt gave Leinart more chances than most coaches would have done and he blew it.QuistisTrepe_
As proven before, Ken gave Leinart NO chances, and that completion percentage is better than Andersons, but hey if you want to build your team around a guy with a 52.9 completion percentage be my guest.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Garrard is solid for sure. I just wish he would revert to the form he was in when he initially became the starter. Still, the Jags need playmakers. They don't really have any aside from MJD and perhaps Sims-Walker.

2009 Stats:

3,597 yards, 60.9% completion ratio, 15 TDs, 10 INTs, 83.5 rating. Sure, you'd like to see more TDs and fewer INTs, but he's still a damn good quarterback, he just gets crap for being in the same division as Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub. Also, though the receivers could be better I'm more inclined to blame the lack of support on the offensive line and their 44 sacks allowed last season.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

Leinart was drafted during the Dennis Green years. Wisenhunt inherited Leinart. With a former first-round pick on hand, that saved him the trouble of finding a backup QB. Now that Warner is gone, Leinart's usefulness has run out. Cutting him in an uncapped year means less financial burden for the Cardinals. Leinart did nothing to justify another financial commitment from the Cardinals.

Yeah, 1 year. Big deal. Every year after than your boy Ken treated Matt like garbage and never let him develop. Matt's lack of growth is Ken fault mostly. Ken obviously never wanted him there and never gave him a fair chance. Dennis believed in him, which is why that was the only year he actually PLAYED.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 theone86

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]Your post doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well. Just a hunch.MoonMarvel

Dont insult my intelligence just because you dont agree with it, my comment made PERFECT sense. And if Ken can evaluate talent why did he keep Anderson? Obviously he has some issues there.

You're right about the point of preseason though. Too bad Leinart never made much of an impression in all of his pre-seasons since 2006, let alone when he lost his starting job to Kurt Warner in the middle of 2007. The guy had all the weapons a QB could ask for and couldn't do anything even in garbage time when Warner would have to reenter the game just to assure victory due to Leinart's ineptitude.QuistisTrepe_
No sense. Leinart played very well not only during the pre season but showed flashes during the regular season, not everbody is Peyton Manning right away. But the comedy here is you attacking him for losing his job in 2007, he lost his job because of a fractured left collarbone, funny you ignore that and the fact in his first 2 years he suffered two season-ending injuries. But comparing a future HOF player to a rookie is silly, Leinart never had the chance and Ken surely never gave it to him. It takes time to develop, Aaron Rodgers needed a little while.

But hey, if you think a guy with a career completion percentage of 57% with 14 TDs and 20 INTs is someone to build around, go for it man. At least Anderson can claim a winning season, more than one can say for Leinart. Wisenhunt gave Leinart more chances than most coaches would have done and he blew it.QuistisTrepe_
As proven before, Ken gave Leinart NO chances, and that completion percentage is better than Andersons, but hey if you want to build your team around a guy with a 52.9 completion percentage be my guest.

He kept Anderson because that was his only choice, they were late to the game picking up a quarterback and got stuck with Anderson. Still, Anderson has proven to be more effective in the past than Leinart.

Comparing Leinart to Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous. This guy has been given every chance to start. You forget that the first time they benched Leinart everyone thought it was a bad idea because Warner was past his prime. Leinart has lost the starting job more times than most QBs even get the chance. Compared to Rodger who, ya know, put up like 3k in his first season starting.

At least Anderson is humble. Leinart threw dumpoffs all preseason then threw a hissy fit when he got benched because completion percentage doesn't means squat if you can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards because you're gunshy. Face it, if his receivers didn't pick up good YAC he never would have gotten a third down passing, he's John Madden's worst nightmare. Anderson at least can push the ball downfield, and he did it successfully in one season with the Browns. I'll admit that's not enough to make him a franchise passer, but that does make him better than Whineart.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MoonMarvel

because that was his only choice, they were late to the game picking up a quarterback and got stuck with Anderson. Still, Anderson has proven to be more effective in the past than Leinart.

Comparing Leinart to Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous. This guy has been given every chance to start. You forget that the first time they benched Leinart everyone thought it was a bad idea because Warner was past his prime. Leinart has lost the starting job more times than most QBs even get the chance. Compared to Rodger who, ya know, put up like 3k in his first season starting.

At least Anderson is humble. Leinart threw dumpoffs all preseason then threw a hissy fit when he got benched because completion percentage doesn't means squat if you can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards because you're gunshy. Face it, if his receivers didn't pick up good YAC he never would have gotten a third down passing, he's John Madden's worst nightmare. Anderson at least can push the ball downfield, and he did it successfully in one season with the Browns. I'll admit that's not enough to make him a franchise passer, but that does make him better than Whineart.

theone86

No it wasnt, he had 2 choices. And Anderson stunk in his last 2 seasons with the Browns and got benched. People need to stop ignoring his last 2 seasons, Anderson was a one year wonder. I will stand by that until he proves me wrong.

I never did that, and compring Leinart to Warner is worse. Leinart was given zero chances and was forced to play in a system he didnt fit into. Also dont call comparing Leinart to Rodgers ridiculous and then do it. Rodgers spent 3 years as a backup before starting. Leinart spent the time as a backup then got fired without given a chance.

Anderson is overrated, had one good year and then choked every year after that. Anderson cannot push the ball down field, well not without getting picked off. His 3 tds and 10 ints last year with the browns proved that. Anderson has proven he has no potential. Arizona is in for a sub 500 year, Ken was never a good coach and has 1 or 2 years left before they move on. Just look how lackluster the Cards play during the regular season. Even their super bowl run had them finish 2 - 4 in their last 6 games.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MoonMarvel

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

theone86

Yeah, 1 year. Big deal. Every year after than your boy Ken treated Matt like garbage and never let him develop. Matt's lack of growth is Ken fault mostly. Ken obviously never wanted him there and never gave him a fair chance. Dennis believed in him, which is why that was the only year he actually PLAYED.

You must be a USC fanboy, there's no other explanation for the statements you're making. Yeah, Ken Wisenhunt has only been an offensive coach for 15 years and an offensive NFL coach for 13. He's only coached the Steelers offense during their most successful years in recent history. He only coached Ben Roethlisberger during his first years in the league, brought him along, and took an offense controlled by him to a Superbowl Title. Yeah, he's only done that, but he can't recognize the OBVIOUS talent in Matt why-am-I-not-starting-I-came-from-USC? Leinart.

That must be it, no way I could disagree with you. I have to be that, event though I hate college football and have never watched it. And being an ok coord does not equal being a good head coach, which he isnt.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
I was wrong about Leinart, he had his chance to prove himself this preseason and I thought he would play at least decent but he failed miserably. He cared more about completion percentage than getting first downs. He's slow as a turtle and can't throw long passes worth garbage. I went to the Redskins/Cards preseason game this past thursday and almost everyone was in agreement that he played horrible and needed to be cut from the team. I even heard of a few fans throwing their Leinart jerseys over the balcony. Good riddance. I'm actually dreading seeing Derek Anderson start for the Cards. I don't like the guy, I think he's too inaccurate... even if he is a better fit than Leinart. I'm actually liking the rookie Max Hall better than anyone right now. He has impressed all offseason. He's a good quarterback, confident, and extremely accurate. He's pretty short though, about 6'1". I would rather see him start than Anderson. Whisenhunt is old school though, he doesn't like to start rookies very often.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Messiahbolical-
I still don't get why the Cards didn't go after McNabb. He lives in Arizona and he stated that he wanted to come play here, so wtf? lol They'd be a lot better off. Oh well, time to go start playing that Anderson gets injured down the line and Max Hall gets the starting role... START MAX HALL WISENHUNT!
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MoonMarvel
I still don't get why the Cards didn't go after McNabb. He lives in Arizona and he stated that he wanted to come play here, so wtf? lol They'd be a lot better off. Oh well, time to go start playing that Anderson gets injured down the line and Max Hall gets the starting role... START MAX HALL WISENHUNT!Messiahbolical-
They wouldnt have gotten him, the Redskins pick was higher. 37th to 47th.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Messiahbolical-
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]I still don't get why the Cards didn't go after McNabb. He lives in Arizona and he stated that he wanted to come play here, so wtf? lol They'd be a lot better off. Oh well, time to go start playing that Anderson gets injured down the line and Max Hall gets the starting role... START MAX HALL WISENHUNT!MoonMarvel

Actually... now that you mention it, I'm glad they kept their second round pick because we got one of the biggest steals in the draft in Daryl Washington. I don't know if you've seen this kid yet, but he's already looking like a complete beast out there and he's only a rookie. He's already got the starting role and he will fill in Karlos Dansby's shoes nicely. He's impressed me. Another steal we got this offseason is the undrafted wide receiver Stephen Williams. I don't understand how this kid didn't get drafted. He's been impressive at training camp, and was impressive all preseason. He's already our #4 receiver and he could give Early Doucet a run for his money to take the #3 spot. God, one thing's for sure... we're still loaded as hell at the WR position, even without Boldin.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox

[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"]Attack Leinart all you want, he showed flashes of being good and was never given a fair chance to prove himself. Leinart was never really given a fair chance. Also to Leinart haters, the point of preseason is to evaluate players to determine who makes the team and who gets starting jobs. QuistisTrepe_

Your post doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Ken Wisenhunt knows how to evaluate offensive talent pretty well. Just a hunch.

You're right about the point of preseason though. Too bad Leinart never made much of an impression in all of his pre-seasons since 2006, let alone when he lost his starting job to Kurt Warner in the middle of 2007. The guy had all the weapons a QB could ask for and couldn't do anything even in garbage time when Warner would have to reenter the game just to assure victory due to Leinart's ineptitude.

But hey, if you think a guy with a career completion percentage of 57% with 14 TDs and 20 INTs is someone to build around, go for it man. At least Anderson can claim a winning season, more than one can say for Leinart. Wisenhunt gave Leinart more chances than most coaches would have done and he blew it.

Matt had a QB rating of 110 in this preseason. If you didn't know, that's good.

The only bad thing about Matt this preseason so far was his lack of big plays.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Messiahbolical-

Chutebox
All that proves is that the QB rating is a flawed statistic. I watched all 4 games. Leinart can't move the chains. He's a 3 downs and punt quarterback. He throws little 2 yard passes and he's afraid to throw anywhere over 10 yards. Larry Fitzgerald got injured because of a dumb pass by Leinart. The only touchdown Leinart got ALL PRESEASON was all Steve Breaston jumping in the air working his ass off to get the ball across the goal line. And the worst part, he was practically handed the starting role before the preseason... yet he got outplayed in every single category of the game by an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE in Max Hall and even our 6th round pick, John Skelton, showed way more potential than Leinart ever did.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]I still don't get why the Cards didn't go after McNabb. He lives in Arizona and he stated that he wanted to come play here, so wtf? lol They'd be a lot better off. Oh well, time to go start playing that Anderson gets injured down the line and Max Hall gets the starting role... START MAX HALL WISENHUNT!Messiahbolical-

Actually... now that you mention it, I'm glad they kept their second round pick because we got one of the biggest steals in the draft in Daryl Washington. I don't know if you've seen this kid yet, but he's already looking like a complete beast out there and he's only a rookie. He's already got the starting role and he will fill in Karlos Dansby's shoes nicely. He's impressed me. Another steal we got this offseason is the undrafted wide receiver Stephen Williams. I don't understand how this kid didn't get drafted. He's been impressive at training camp, and was impressive all preseason. He's already our #4 receiver and he could give Early Doucet a run for his money to take the #3 spot. God, one thing's for sure... we're still loaded as hell at the WR position, even without Boldin.

Havent seen him, but I will take a look. There are always steals in the draft. The cards do have a good wideout core, just no QB to throw them the ball. If they had a good QB they would win their division again.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Messiahbolical-

Bottom line is Matt is: 1) Not a leader 2) Not a good passer 3) has a weak arm and cant throw long passes 4) slow as hell 5) gets nervous easily 6) egotistical, expects stuff to be handed down to him on a silver platter 7) a whiner 8 ) GONE! YAY!

And yes, I'm eating my words saying this... but he's proven that those are words worth eating. :)

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

All that proves is that the QB rating is a flawed statistic. I watched all 4 games. Leinart can't move the chains. He's a 3 downs and punt quarterback. He throws little 2 yard passes and he's afraid to throw anywhere over 10 yards. Larry Fitzgerald got injured because of a dumb pass by Leinart. The only touchdown Leinart got ALL PRESEASON was all Steve Breaston jumping in the air working his ass off to get the ball across the goal line. And the worst part, he was practically handed the starting role before the preseason... yet he got outplayed in every single category of the game by an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE in Max Hall and even our 6th round pick, John Skelton, showed way more potential than Leinart ever did.

You do know Max Hall only had 1 td as well, so did Anderson. John Skelton only had 1 as well, so TD's isnt a good stat to go by. That and John Skelton played like a chump the last 2 games. 0/3 with 1 int is not good.
MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MoonMarvel
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

Bottom line is Matt is: 1) Not a leader 2) Not a good passer 3) has a weak arm and cant throw long passes 4) slow as hell 5) gets nervous easily 6) egotistical, expects stuff to be handed down to him on a silver platter 7) a whiner 8 ) GONE! YAY!

And yes, I'm eating my words saying this... but he's proven that those are words worth eating. :)

I wont eat my words until the season is over, and if I am right and Anderson plays terrible I will never eat my words.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Messiahbolical-
Havent seen him, but I will take a look. There are always steals in the draft. The cards do have a good wideout core, just no QB to throw them the ball. If they had a good QB they would win their division again. MoonMarvel
I agree that Derek Anderson isn't the answer for the Cards. He's not the most accurate passer, that's for sure. He might turn out to be a decent fit if Larry Fitz and crew make him look good. I also would like you to take a look at this kid Max Hall. He's been impressive all preseason, and as you've probably noticed I want him to start! There's some good highlights of him from the thursday night game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEB67aIRG8M&t=1m28s Btw, I must say that I LOVE our black jerseys. They're sexy.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Messiahbolical-

So you want your QB to force passes? Well congrats, you got a QB that's gonna do just that lol.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox

Messiahbolical-
You know, it just seems that whatever your team does you defend.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox
[QUOTE="MoonMarvel"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

You do know Max Hall only had 1 td as well, so did Anderson. John Skelton only had 1 as well, so TD's isnt a good stat to go by. That and John Skelton played like a chump the last 2 games. 0/3 with 1 int is not good.

Derek had 2 TDs but 2 ints too.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Messiahbolical-
So you want your QB to force passes? Well congrats, you got a QB that's gonna do just that lol.Chutebox
No, I want a QB that can stay on the field more than a minute before the punter has to come out and kick it to the opposing team. That's something Matt can't do. He's afraid to get 1st downs.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"]

QuistisTrepe_

Hmmm, so you think that anyone picked in the first round can be an automatic backup and he also follows the same process?

Interesting

So you're saying that for 4 years he kept Leinart on the roster to be a backup because being drafted in the first round means he'll be good at it except for the fact that he didn't fit the system and he can't run it?

Even better he kept Leinart on the roster as a backup thinking that Kurt Warner would never need to be removed from a game even though his history lists concussions and MCL injuries plus the assorted elbow, shoulder, and chest?

Wow, I only said that he doesn't have a knack for evaluating talent, you go WAY past that by showing that he can't run a depth chart AND that he doesn't know the history of his own players

I honestly did not think you'd be making this kind of argument against him