NFL: Houston Texan's QB Matt Schaub out for the season, Matt Leinart will start

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7235059/source-matt-schaub-houston-texans-season-lisfranc-injury

Terrible news for the Texans, I honestly think could have been serous contenders in the AFC this year. I guess they're just destined to be 8-8

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Terrible news for the Texans, I honestly think could have been serous contenders in the AFC this year. I guess they're just destined to be 8-8

Boston_Boyy

Even if he is out for the season, they will win that division... Anyway, I think this makes it clear that Zeus is not a Texans fan. First Adrian Foster, then Mario Williams, then Andre Johnson (this is actually good since Monkeytoes used his first round pick on him, and dared laugh at me drafting an 'injury prone' player with my first) now Matt Schaub

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

They won't go 8-8. They are still pretty good. I say they will go 11-5.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Sucks for the Texans. However they at least have a running game with two running backs that play well so they should be fine.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Oh dear god, you're telling me that you have an offense built around one of the better quarterbacks in the league and your backup to him is Matt Leinart? Matt freaking Leinart? Matt they-benched-Kurt-Warner's-infinitely-more-talented-ass-in-order-to-start-me-multiple-times-and-I-still-blew-it Leinart? Whoever's idea that was should be fired, now. There are more talented quarterbacks sitting around doing nothing right now, I'd take players who have been out of the league for a few years before Leinart. I doubt they're going to make the playoffs now, and that's saying something. If they miss the playoffs it's because Tennessee won't be able to capitalize on this gift-wrapped opportunity. One-dimensional teams do not win in this league, you have to pass the ball and Leinart cannot pass to save his rear end. The defense is playing good, whether or not defense alone can win their games for them depends on if the teams they play suck badly enough. However, any teams with any amount of firepower are going to beat the Texans. Their games haven't all been 44-point blowouts, some of them have been pretty close and they have lost even with Schaub at the helm. Even if they do get into the playoffs it doesn't matter, because any team good enough to get to the playoffs is a team capable of outscoring Houston even with their dominant defense. They just went from being one of the top teams in an AFC playoff picture that looks wide open at this point to being underdogs and likely first round casualties.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

^^ No doubt about that. If they somehow win the division... whoever is the 5th seed is going to be feelin' pretty good about taking on the team in the divisional round.

Now thinking about it more... I don't know which division gets to play the 5th seed. the AFC South or West.

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

Texans recievers are gonna get dropped like flies in fantasy leagues.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theone86

^^ No doubt about that. If they somehow win the division... whoever is the 5th seed is going to be feelin' pretty good about taking on the team in the divisional round.

Now thinking about it more... I don't know which division gets to play the 5th seed. the AFC South or West.

Major_Snake

IIRC, it's the fourth seed that plays the fifth seed, though if it's not then it's definitely the third seed. I think the winner of the North will definitely be the first seed, but after that who knows. You could have New York, New England, Buffalo (I think), San Diego, Oakland, Tennessee, or Houston potentially in the second, third, or fourth spots, which leaves the rest of htem battling for the two wild card spots. Way too early to start making predictions about seeding in the AFC right now.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Watch, Leinhart will go back to his glory days at USC and do amazing for the Texans. He can't stand seeing Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez playing instead of his I bet.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Sucks, but they'll be fine with Matt.

Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

[QUOTE="Major_Snake"]

theone86

IIRC, it's the fourth seed that plays the fifth seed, though if it's not then it's definitely the third seed. I think the winner of the North will definitely be the first seed, but after that who knows. You could have New York, New England, Buffalo (I think), San Diego, Oakland, Tennessee, or Houston potentially in the second, third, or fourth spots, which leaves the rest of htem battling for the two wild card spots. Way too early to start making predictions about seeding in the AFC right now.

Yeah but I'm saying that since the South and West are not looking too good at the moment, depending on how the Texans play with Leinart... one of them will be the 4th seed like how the Seahawks last year HAD to get in somehow, not that they either division is as bad as the NFC West was last year.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Chutebox

I think you meant to say "they'll be fine but not because of Matt L".

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theone86

Chutebox

Wasn't it just a few years ago that I was getting reamed for saying Leinart deserved a chance to sink or swim with the Cards? And this was back when Warner was coming off a stint as a backup in New York. I stand by saying that Leinart should get a chance to prove himself, he got that chance, he lost out to Derek freaking Anderson. What I don't get is why people were saying he absolutely sucks back when he hadn't started a lot of games, but now that he's consistently bungled every opportunity as starter he's had people have faith in him? Okay, whatever.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

That division is so laughably weak that there's no way they can NOT win it. I just don't think it's possible unless Matt Hasselbeck rewinds the clock to his former self and CJ finally snaps out of his funk lifting the Titans to some amazing comeback in the division, but that's not happening.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts

What I don't get is why people were saying he absolutely sucks back when he hadn't started a lot of games,

theone86

He's started enough games to prove how terrible he is and all that time he had two Pro Bowl receivers to throw to. Even that wasn't enough to carry him.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Arian Foster dominated that teams offense with Schaub and he will dominate the offense with Leinert.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Terrible news. They had a legit shot of making it out the AFC this year once Andre Johnson came back...not now

Watch, Leinhart will go back to his glory days at USC and do amazing for the Texans. He can't stand seeing Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez playing instead of his I bet.

SilentSoprano
You mean the same Matt L. that could do nothing with a SB team that featured Fitz and company in AZ
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Well, this is Leinart's shot at a big 2nd chance.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

What I don't get is why people were saying he absolutely sucks back when he hadn't started a lot of games,

QuistisTrepe_

He's started enough games to prove how terrible he is and all that time he had two Pro Bowl receivers to throw to. Even that wasn't enough to carry him.

That's what I'm saying.