NFC South 08 Preview

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Whiteghost09
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

OK, here's where we can discuss the NFC South. Here are the teams, and the order I think they'll finish in.

1. New Orleans Saints - If their RBs are healthy, I think they'll have a great chance at making a splash in the playoffs. With Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Reggie Bush and Deuce Mcallister, their offense may be nigh unstoppable. Plus for D they picked up Jonathan Vilma and

2. Tampa Bay - Well, Jeff Garcia looks like he may have one more year for Tampa Bay. His recievers are decent (Galloway and Hilliard) but they are getting old. Earnest Graham did well last season, but if Cadilac can come back they'll have a very good one two punch at RB. Their defense however looks to be their strong suit.

3. Atlanta - I think this depends on how Ryan does. He has a good running game (Norwood, Turner) and decent recievers. Their defense looks solid.

4. Carolina - This team looks like a disaster, all except for the running game. They have no QB!!

sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts
i got Tampa Bay number 1. they have a good running game that can carry and them and a very solid defense
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
i got Tampa Bay number 1. they have a good running game that can carry and them and a very solid defensesullivan352
Really? What about New Orleans offense? Best in this division I think. Should take them over the top.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts
[QUOTE="sullivan352"]i got Tampa Bay number 1. they have a good running game that can carry and them and a very solid defensemsjr78
Really? What about New Orleans offense? Best in this division I think. Should take them over the top.

defense > offense.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

The Saints will take a step toward NFC dominance, but Tampa Bay could push them for the division. I'm not convinced that Tampa will be able to score with a high powered offensive team. I really doubt that a wild card will be coming out of the South this year.

As for Carolina and Atlanta, things aren't looking so good. Carolina looked pathetic without Jake Delhomme last year and I don't think he's in a position to make enough impact to bring them to anything better than .500. No playoffs will likely punch Coach Fox's ticket out of town, (to make room for Bill Cowher of course.) Atlanta should consider six wins a success, they'll just be feeling things out this year and hopefully getting their prize draft pick out onto the field.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
Yeah, ok guys.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts

Yeah, ok guys. mvphalo8

So did you have something to contribute, or are we not worthy of your enlightened perspective?

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Whiteghost09

[QUOTE="mvphalo8"]Yeah, ok guys. Second_Rook

So did you have something to contribute, or are we not worthy of your enlightened perspective?

Pfff. yeah really. Actually his sig says panthers fan so he may be responding to our bashing. Sorry dude, your team's pathetic this year. That or he's just trying to rack up posts.

PsychoT4Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PsychoT4Prez
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts
[QUOTE="Second_Rook"]

[QUOTE="mvphalo8"]Yeah, ok guys. Whiteghost09

Pfff. yeah really. Actually his sig says panthers fan so he may be responding to our bashing. Sorry dude, your team's pathetic this year. That or he's just trying to rack up posts.

He doesn't even live in NC so how can he be a fan of a team he likely won't even get to watch all year?

But anyways....as a die hard Panthers fan I can't say I'm too confident about our team this season. At the QB spot we're putting every bit of confidence in Delhomme staying healthy all season and being productive. We still don't have a 2nd WR to compliment Smith....D.J. Hackett? lol. Dwayne Jarrett? He's looking like another USC bust for us. For defense our D-Line fell apart last year. Peppers is gonna need to bounce back with a monster season or teams will run all over us. The upside is we play in maybe the weakest division in the league.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mvphalo8

Well, I'm a little surprised you know I don't live in NC, but did you ever think of maybe family ties? And yes I might be able to only watch the MNF between them and the Bucs, but there's this thing we're on called the internet where we can go and track and watch live games in progress.

But anyway, I know that everyone has their opinions and that's fine. The thing is though there is so much doubt about Jake, and whether Smith and Moose will return to their Super Bowl form. I'm just saying that, I do believe the Saints will win the South, but the Panthers can still make a run for the wild card. Coming back from Tommy John can motivate Jake, and nothing but positive reports have come out of Panthers camp.

PsychoT4Prez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PsychoT4Prez
Member since 2008 • 585 Posts

Well, I'm a little surprised you know I don't live in NC, but did you ever think of maybe family ties? And yes I might be able to only watch the MNF between them and the Bucs, but there's this thing we're on called the internet where we can go and track and watch live games in progress.

But anyway, I know that everyone has their opinions and that's fine. The thing is though there is so much doubt about Jake, and whether Smith and Moose will return to their Super Bowl form. I'm just saying that, I do believe the Saints will win the South, but the Panthers can still make a run for the wild card. Coming back from Tommy John can motivate Jake, and nothing but positive reports have come out of Panthers camp.

mvphalo8

Family ties lol. But as far as Moose goes I don't see him being much of a factor this season. Anyone who knows football knows he's close to the end and him coming back to Carolina is just a way for him to end where he started. And for Delhomme he's always been inconsistent....but he's always shined in close games aswell. His motivation could play against him and he might try to do too much or maybe he'll have a career season....only time will tell.

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

It's not like a bandwagon fan would pick the panthers...

Anyways, I think the Bucs will remain on top and there's no way the Falcons finish on top of the Panthers.

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Whiteghost09

mvphalo8

HAH!!! Oh, I mean uhh, yeah, maybe - keep prayin.

jdub1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 jdub1993
Member since 2005 • 644 Posts
How is Carolina below Atlanta? We may not have a qb but Atlanta dosn't have any wide outs, there defense sucks and there qb is unproven. We got Steve Smith he'll save us.
Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Whiteghost09

How is Carolina below Atlanta? We may not have a qb but Atlanta dosn't have any wide outs, there defense sucks and there qb is unproven. We got Steve Smith he'll save us.jdub1993

Well, if Steve Smith is quick enough to hike the ball, chuck it 80 yds. and run over to catch it and score, Carolina might be in good shape. One reciever won't save any team.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#16 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Saints should win the division but they were predicted last season too. Bucs get 9 to 10 wins, Panthers could see winning 7. Falcons maybe 4 wins.
psychot50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psychot50
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts

How is Carolina below Atlanta? We may not have a qb but Atlanta dosn't have any wide outs, there defense sucks and there qb is unproven. We got Steve Smith he'll save us.jdub1993

Also they don't have Alge Crumpler any more, and DeAngelo Hall is gone too, so their secondary is going to be torn up next year.

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mvphalo8

[QUOTE="jdub1993"]How is Carolina below Atlanta? We may not have a qb but Atlanta dosn't have any wide outs, there defense sucks and there qb is unproven. We got Steve Smith he'll save us.psychot50

Also they don't have Alge Crumpler any more, and DeAngelo Hall is gone too, so their secondary is going to be torn up next year.

Their offense is only RB Turner and WR White (hardly).

Just have to wait to see what happens with Ryan and Redman.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

well since i live in charlotte nc, im gonna say that the panthers will win the nfc south:D

Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Whiteghost09
[QUOTE="psychot50"]

[QUOTE="jdub1993"]How is Carolina below Atlanta? We may not have a qb but Atlanta dosn't have any wide outs, there defense sucks and there qb is unproven. We got Steve Smith he'll save us.mvphalo8

Their offense is only RB Turner and WR White (hardly).

Just have to wait to see what happens with Ryan and Redman.

If neither team is gonna make the playoffs (which is quite obvious IMO) then does it really matter??