NBA All-Star reserves, who you got?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

This thread may be a stretch since we have one on all-star starters, but this year's selection of reserve looks to me as very interesting for a number of reasons.

In the West, it's easy to make a case for Randolph and Aldridge, but the fly under the radar, whereas Tim Duncan might get in on reputation alone. And does Kevin Love deserves to go to LA playing on that crappy team, since he leads the league in Efficiency (nearly 3 points better than LeBron)? And there's David West as well with another solid season. I would put Eric Gordon in as well but the Clippers are too low in the standings to warrant two all-stars.

In the East, what about Andrew Bogut? There are also Noah and Boozer, but they've missed a lot of games. Noah should still get in IMO. And I think it would be a shame if Bosh got in just because he plays for Miami. Wade and LeBron are highly deserving of an All-Star nod. Not Bosh. There's also the matter of guys like Joe Johnson and Raymond Felton, who will probably battle for the last East spot.

So my East reserves would be : Rondo, Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Noah, Horford and Felton.

In the West : D-Will, Nowitzki, Ginobili, Blake Griffin, Westbrook, Gasol, Aldridge and I seriously can't choose the last one. I think it will go to a Spur, most likely Parker, but I can hardly see Kevin Love missing the game with averages of 21 and 15.

What say you?

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Having the Celtic fantastic four on the floor in an all star game isn't fair.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

East:

• Rondo
  • Ray Allen
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Paul Pierce
  • Chris Bosh (I say he's deserving. I was reading an article the other day that was detailing just how valuable he was to their offense.)
  • Al Horford (as backup center. I'd have picked Bogut but he's missed a good amount of games & his team is under .500)
  • Joe Johnson or Raymond Felton, I think this last spot comes down a choice between these two. As a Knick fan I'd love to see Ray make it but he's been in a slump these last few weeks after his first hot few months.

Don't see how Noah will get in, since he's missed almost 2 months of the season.

West:

• Deron Williams
  • Manu Ginobli
  • Dirk
  • Blake Griffin
  • Tim Duncan (I can see him being chosen as the backup center, with the starting center spot going to Pau)
  • Russel Westbrook
  • Kevin Love (Last spot is the toughest one to call, but his numbers are too staggering for me to exclude him. I can see Aldridge or Zach Randolph getting in though)

The west has a number of all-star worthy guys, like Monta Ellis (4th in the NBA in scoring), Steve Nash (having another great season), Lamar Odom, David West, Rudy Gay Tony Parker & even Nene.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
all I know is Blake Griffin needs to be in the all star game
GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

East:

• Rondo
  • Ray Allen
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Paul Pierce
  • Chris Bosh (I say he's deserving. I was reading an article the other day that was detailing just how valuable he was to their offense.)
  • Al Horford (as backup center. I'd have picked Bogut but he's missed a good amount of games & his team is under .500)
  • Joe Johnson or Raymond Felton, I think this last spot comes down a choice between these two. As a Knick fan I'd love to see Ray make it but he's been in a slump these last few weeks after his first hot few months.

Don't see how Noah will get in, since he's missed almost 2 months of the season.

West:

• Deron Williams
  • Manu Ginobli
  • Dirk
  • Blake Griffin
  • Tim Duncan (I can see him being chosen as the backup center, with the starting center spot going to Pau)
  • Russel Westbrook
  • Kevin Love (Last spot is the toughest one to call, but his numbers are too staggering for me to exclude him. I can see Aldridge or Zach Randolph getting in though)

The west has a number of all-star worthy guys, like Monta Ellis (4th in the NBA in scoring), Steve Nash (having another great season), Lamar Odom, David West, Rudy Gay Tony Parker & even Nene.

SaintBlaze
I agree that Horford deserves a spot. Joe Johnson...not so much. Too inconsistent and doesn't live up to the money he gets.
Avatar image for IntenseGamingAZ
IntenseGamingAZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IntenseGamingAZ
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts

Monta Ellis

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

all I know is Blake Griffin needs to be in the all star gameandyboiii

^^ QFT! (Quoted For Truth in this instance, just so everyone knows I'm not hatin', I'm congratulatin'!)

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Monta Ellis is deserving as well
Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

East:

• Rondo
  • Ray Allen
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Paul Pierce

West:

• Deron Williams
  • Manu Ginobli
  • Dirk
  • Blake Griffin
  • Russel Westbrook

SaintBlaze

This looks like a great list to me

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
All I know is that Blake and Kevin Love should both be in. I'm hoping Odom gets in but I'm not gonna get my hopes sky high because I think it's a longshot even though he's been the second best Laker this year
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

I agree that Horford deserves a spot. Joe Johnson...not so much. Too inconsistent and doesn't live up to the money he gets.GrindingAxe

The few times I've seen him this season he's played pretty well. I guess I just got a knack for catching him on his good days. :P

Most of his numbers are down this year (except for assists) and he's also missed 9 games. It's a tough choice between him & Raymond, but I can see the coaches voting Johnson in based on reputation.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
Monta Ellis is deserving as wellbobcheeseball
Don't know about Monta, he's probably the most unidimensional player in the whole league. He usually does one thing very well, and that's scoring. He's getting more consistent than before though, even if he can still go for 5 points after a 40 point effort. That's mind-boggling. Just saw that's he in the top 3 in steals as well. That's actually pretty good, even if steals don't necessarily mean great defense. He might be deserving, but that's a long shot if two other sub-500 guys get in (Blake and Love)
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

Blake Griffin has to get in. Most exciting player in the league to watch, IMO.

pokefan_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 pokefan_10
Member since 2006 • 391 Posts

East:

• Rajon Rondo (BOS)
  • Kevin Garnett (BOS)
  • Paul Pierce (BOS)
  • Ray Allen (BOS)
  • Al Horford (ATL)
  • Chris Bosh (MIA)
  • Raymond Felton (NYK)

West:

• Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)
  • Pau Gasol (LAL) (Yao's replacement)
  • Zach Randolph (MEM)
  • Deron Williams (UTA)
  • Steve Nash (PHX)
  • LaMarcus Aldridge (POR)
  • Russell Westbrook (OKC)
  • Jason Kidd (DAL)
solely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 solely
Member since 2009 • 141 Posts
Gasol just a replacement? I haven't been that updated lately, I just regularly check scores daily and update on the Anthony trade.. but I think Josh Smith should be included in the East..