My Dog ate the Ball

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

If its true, it'shillarious. But I tend to think that ball is hidden away safely in a safety deposit box.

"The confusion over the fate of the baseball from the final out of the 2007 World Series is apparently over, courtesy of one of the oldest excuses in the book.

Boston Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon said his dog ate the ball, the Hattiesburg (Md.) American newspaper reported.

Boss, the dog, didn't eat the whole thing, the newspaper reported. Just most of

"My dog ate it," Papelbon said, the Hattiesburgh-American reported. "He plays with baseballs like they are his toys. ... He jumped up one day on the counter and snatched it. He likes rawhide. He tore that thing to pieces.

"I'll keep what's left of it."

Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek had given Papelbon the ball after the closer got the final out of Game 4 of the World Series against the Colorado Rockies, completing a sweep that gave Boston its second title in three seasons.

Papelbon's agent had said later that his client didn't have the ball. The confusion was reminiscent of 2004, when the Red Sox and first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz argued over the fate of the final ball from that World Series finale.

That dispute was resolved when the sides agreed to send the ball to the Hall of Fame."

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Varitek will kill him.
EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
He probably stashed it next to the roids and HGH.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
He's got it stashed somewhere, nobody would be that careless with a World Series ball.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Just_Osmo

He probably stashed it next to the roids and HGH.EmoPWNS

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

Pap has never played proffessional baseball during the era of no testing. He made his MLB debut in July 31st 2005. They started testing in 2004 (2003 was the anonymous testing to see how many failed).

He's 27 years old, why on earthwouldyou think he used HGH a REHABILITATION drug. HGH doesn't make you bigger or faster or stronger, it just helps healing.

Either you don't know anything about baseball and what hgh is or you just hate the sox.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Cube_of_MooN

[QUOTE="EmoPWNS"]He probably stashed it next to the roids and HGH.Just_Osmo

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

Pap has never played proffessional baseball during the era of no testing. He made his MLB debut in July 31st 2005. They started testing in 2004 (2003 was the anonymous testing to see how many failed).

He's 27 years old, why on earthwouldyou think he used HGH a REHABILITATION drug. HGH doesn't make you bigger or faster or stronger, it just helps healing.

Either you don't know anything about baseball and what hgh is or you just hate the sox.

I think he might have been joking....

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="EmoPWNS"]He probably stashed it next to the roids and HGH.Cube_of_MooN

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

Probably not. People will say anything to make them feel better about losing.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cube_of_MooN
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

Like Ravens fans?

EmoPWNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EmoPWNS
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

Relax dude it was only a joke.

And yes to the latter :oops:

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

When did you Sox fans get so defensive? When you were in the midst of an 86-year drought you weren't that way. Now that you've won 2 WS you should be happy, not angry all the time.

Anyway, there's no way he's telling the truth. He's got the ball hidden somewhere, and I'm honestly offended that he thinks the American public is dumb enough to buy such a lame excuse. Please come up with something better next time, Pap.

antonius05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 antonius05
Member since 2005 • 849 Posts
Yeah no one would lose something like that, especially not by a dog.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Cube_of_MooN"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="EmoPWNS"]He probably stashed it next to the roids and HGH.murlow12

roid and hgh! HAHAHA.

When did you Sox fans get so defensive? When you were in the midst of an 86-year drought you weren't that way. Now that you've won 2 WS you should be happy, not angry all the time.

Anyway, there's no way he's telling the truth. He's got the ball hidden somewhere, and I'm honestly offended that he thinks the American public is dumb enough to buy such a lame excuse. Please come up with something better next time, Pap.

He might have been joking around. Words typed onto a piece of paper don't relay the sound of their voice and facial features. The reporter who wrote the story might have just printed his words and left out the smile and laugh in his voice to get his name on the TV.

-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
I got a good lol out of that. The ball is most likely safe.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
It's a new curse!! :o