Kevin Durant is entering the NBA draft

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flyer4057

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 flyer4057
Member since 2004 • 1532 Posts
Thoughts?
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Big surprise :roll:
Big_O2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Big_O2006
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
how are the longhorns supposed to win the national championship when all of there players leave early.
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

how are the longhorns supposed to win the national championship when all of there players leave early.Big_O2006

Don't sign players that wouldn't be there in the first place if the NBA hadn't instituted an age limit?

I'm excited. He's fulfilling a dream, such an amazing player at such a young age. Durant has the potential to be one of the greats, can't wait to see where he ends up! (*cough*boston)

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
:cry:
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
His game is ready for the NBA, but his body isn't.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

His game is ready for the NBA, but his body isn't.Master_Live

Agreed.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

:cry:Espurs117

*pats on back* It'll be aight man. Take solice that you still have DJ Augustin(the next Chris Paul, only with a better jumper)

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

Look at Tayshaun Prince "AKA" Skeletor.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]His game is ready for the NBA, but his body isn't.EnergyAbsorber

Well Prince isn't much of a scorer, which Durant is, and if Durant expect to drive inside and take the punisment of Shaq, Howard and so on his going to have to add some muscle; but that will come with time. 

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 viberooni
[QUOTE="EnergyAbsorber"]

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]His game is ready for the NBA, but his body isn't.Master_Live

Well Prince isn't much of a scorer, which Durant is, and if Durant expect to drive inside and take the punisment of Shaq, Howard and so on his going to have to add some muscle; but that will come with time.

Durant will probably play the 3 until he adds a bit more muscle, then he'll slide to the 4, like Garnett did. He's actually listed at 225 lbs. right now - Chris Bosh plays at 230, Garnett is listed at anywhere from 220 to 250. I think even without his final NBA body he's going to have a big impact on the NBA his rookie season.

XpertGamer09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 XpertGamer09
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts
think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millions
BobC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BobC
Member since 2003 • 6259 Posts

think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millionsXpertGamer09

You have that backwards. Staying would have been the stupid thing to do when he's guaranteed to be the #1 or #2 pick at worst. That's a lot of guaranteed money. If he stays and suffers a catastrophic injury (see: Shaun Livingston), he loses his chance at guaranteed millions.

Oh but he could stay and win a college national championship! Umm yay? That's worth exactly $0.00. 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espurs117

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]:cry:Eman5805

*pats on back* It'll be aight man. Take solice that you still have DJ Augustin(the next Chris Paul, only with a better jumper)

It will be fun to see Augustin...for 1 more year...but Texas wont go far, so yeah its a sad day. For his sake though im glad he left, he is a top 2 pick for sure. I just hope he wont go to an NBA team I hate. 

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espurs117

[QUOTE="XpertGamer09"]think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millionsBobC

You have that backwards. Staying would have been the stupid thing to do when he's guaranteed to be the #1 or #2 pick at worst. That's a lot of guaranteed money. If he stays and suffers a catastrophic injury (see: Shaun Livingston), he loses his chance at guaranteed millions.

Oh but he could stay and win a college national championship! Umm yay? That's worth exactly $0.00.

Your right winning a title isnt worth anything....its priceless. 

BobC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobC
Member since 2003 • 6259 Posts
[QUOTE="BobC"]

[QUOTE="XpertGamer09"]think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millionsEspurs117

Your right winning a title isnt worth anything....its priceless.

For the university and its fans, yes. For a player who is a guaranteed lottery pick, it's in fact, quite worthless. 

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="XpertGamer09"]think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millionsBobC

All these injury talk is freakin' stupid. You have to understand that Durant has more chance of getting a fatal injury driving a car. But leaving guarnteed money is stupid, good decision on Durant's part.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 viberooni

Article from the Houston Chronicle on the press conference: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4701657.html

and from the national media: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/04/10/durant.announcement.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I totally feel for you Espurs and your fellow Longhorns, it's got to be rough to see that kind of player come and go in a flash. But unless you're making money off the NCAA how could you be nothing but happy for the kid? He loves basketball, got a great head on his shoulders, and he's following his dreams. He's no one hit wonder, everyone's known he was gonna be the next big thing since he started high school.

I'm sure the money/risk factor was part of his decision making, but he's insanely talented and surely belongs in the NBA, even at 18 - the question is, is the NBA ready for Kevin Durant? ;)

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Espurs117

Article from the Houston Chronicle on the press conference: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4701657.html

and from the national media: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/04/10/durant.announcement.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

I totally feel for you Espurs and your fellow Longhorns, it's got to be rough to see that kind of player come and go in a flash. But unless you're making money off the NCAA how could you be nothing but happy for the kid? He loves basketball, got a great head on his shoulders, and he's following his dreams. He's no one hit wonder, everyone's known he was gonna be the next big thing since he started high school.

I'm sure the money/risk factor was part of his decision making, but he's insanely talented and surely belongs in the NBA, even at 18 - the question is, is the NBA ready for Kevin Durant? ;)

viberooni

I don't blame the kid, I didnt blame Vince either. If I were to give him advice I would say go, me personally I would stay at least 2 years but that's just me...plus I dont have the money thrown in my face like he does :P. I wish him well, he gave us a great year and will probally go down as the best longhorn ever to play basketball..despite him playing 1 year. The kid will be a force..and yeah is the NBA read for Durant?

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

I was saying the EXACT same thing to Orlando_Magic. Sure, his body is not ready, but like someone else said that will come as times goes. The amount of money that is there for him cannot be matched by winning a National Championship that I don't even think he could win with that average team the Longhorns have right now.

Durant made the right move and hopefully his muscle mass will increase (for his sake).

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="BobC"]

[QUOTE="XpertGamer09"]think thats stupid becuase he led Texas in a great season and just leaves them for the money...he could have a chance at winning a national championship, but i guess u cant beat the millionsNgamer05

I was saying the EXACT same thing to Orlando_Magic. Sure, his body is not ready, but like someone else said that will come as times goes. The amount of money that is there for him cannot be matched by winning a National Championship that I don't even think he could win with that average team the Longhorns have right now.

Durant made the right move and hopefully his muscle mass will increase (for his sake).

Muscles shouldn't be much an issue for Durant in his first year. There are few who can guard his size, length, and speed.

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
I think it's great, he should work out hard these next months, but he should be alright.
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

He should be alright, he's heavier than Gerald Green, Tyrus Thomas and Rudy Gay and they managed.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I think he should stay at least one more season. He won't be good enough for the NBA.