Did Hansborough deserve to be taken in the top half?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dAvIdguY349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dAvIdguY349
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts

Not taking anything away from him, but from what I heard, he should've gone in the 2nd round, any thoughts?

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts
obviously he was a great college player but he wont do very well in the NBA...he is 6 10 and strong but he will struggle againt much more atheletic and bigger players at PF...hes not a shot blocker and struggles to defend outside the post. pretty much he isnt a good defender...and he doesnt have that much range so he cant play as a big SF
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
he's white
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chAzN93
he's whitexbox360isgr8t
yeah pretty much
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

he's whitexbox360isgr8t

:lol:

I don't think he should've been drafted at #13...or maybe that just shows how much of a garbage draft this was.

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chAzN93

[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"]he's whiteJML897

:lol:

I don't think he should've been drafted at #13...or maybe that just shows how much of a garbage draft this was.

haha im happy...warriors got curry
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
The closest player in the NBA to Hansbrough is David Lee. If he is as good as David Lee then yes that is a good pick at 13
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Larry Bird drafted him. If Bird believes in him than I will too. I'm rooting for Hansborough and Griffen since I'd like to see Clippers do well. I hope both have successful careers, Hansborough becoming a solid starter and Griffen to live up to the hype.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASK_Story
And one more thing I forgot to mention, I think Bird said he sees himself in Hansborough, both 6'9 forwards from a small town, etc.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chAzN93
^^^ haha dont start comparing larry bird to hansborough thats a huge joke
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
You know I wasn't that sold on this pick by the Pacers but I think with this draft so many teams were basing their picks on potential but with Hansborough they know they know they got a sure thing and a guy who can contribute right away. Now we all know he isn't the most gifted athlete but he has great work ethic and he's NBA ready enough to make an impact on the Pacers team once he gets on the court
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chAzN93
You know I wasn't that sold on this pick by the Pacers but I think with this draft so many teams were basing their picks on potential but with Hansborough they know they know they got a sure thing and a guy who can contribute right away. Now we all know he isn't the most gifted athlete but he has great work ethic and he's NBA ready enough to make an impact on the Pacers team once he gets on the courtandyboiii
thats true..hansborough is ready to play in the MBA but definately lacks potential
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts
Deserve it? I think his college career and his work ethic and desire made him deserving of a being a lottery pick, but there's a difference between deserving it and being worth it. He's undersized to guard big fours and he isn't quick enough to guard threes or athletic fours. He really isn't going to create any offensive mismatches either so it's a low-risk, low-reward deal. He's going to hustle and make some plays, but he probably won't develop into a stud unless he really gets an offensive game--a jumper, that is. It's a safe pick on an energy guy. The Pacers know what they'll get and anything else is extra. Plenty of teams around the mid-first shoot for kids who have athletic potential and never pan out so this pick wasn't all that bad.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I honestly expected him to go somewhere near/in the 20's.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="chAzN93"]^^^ haha dont start comparing larry bird to hansborough thats a huge joke

Don't laugh at my comment because it's Larry Bird himself who said it.
Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
He has more on his resume than most of the guys that went before him so I think so.
TonyStewart_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TonyStewart_90
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts
If he was the exact same player with the same stats and everything else except he was black he woulda been a top 5 pick. The only reason people say he's not athletic is cause he's white. Anybody that says he's unathletic is blind to what being athletic really is. His work ethic is better than anyone and he's one of the toughest players you'll ever see.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chAzN93
If he was the exact same player with the same stats and everything else except he was black he woulda been a top 5 pick. The only reason people say he's not athletic is cause he's white. Anybody that says he's unathletic is blind to what being athletic really is. His work ethic is better than anyone and he's one of the toughest players you'll ever see. TonyStewart_90
yeah his work ethic is incredible and he is a really tough and strong player...but no...he is not very athletic
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Larry Bird drafted him. If Bird believes in him than I will too. I'm rooting for Hansborough and Griffen since I'd like to see Clippers do well. I hope both have successful careers, Hansborough becoming a solid starter and Griffen to live up to the hype.ASK_Story
But Larry also believed in Ron Artest, even after the incident, and look how that crumbled. Just like JJ from Duke, Tyler will probably go from star to coming off the bench. But either way he'll have a job in the NBA with some team.
schubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 schubedube
Member since 2004 • 691 Posts

Hansborough unathletic? Yeah right. Dude has a 40 inch vertical...I've seen him throw down a 360 in a game. Don't give me that unathletic crap, I don't even know how that got started. He can shoot, he can rebound, he's tough. Hansbrough is also nearly 6"10 which means he is tall plus did I mention he is strong and tough? He will be able to handle himself. I can see him averaging around 18 pts and 9 rebs in the NBA. I think he will become an all-star. He has talent and the work ethic to do so. Everyone else is a hater. I don't even like UNC or the Pacers much I just know he will be good.

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chAzN93
hes not gonna be an all star..no way...he sucks at defencse
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#22 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

Does it matter? Indiana thought he was worth it and thats all that matters.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Halftime-
LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:
TonyStewart_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TonyStewart_90
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts
LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:-Halftime-
I love all the haters. Most of em are just racists that can't stand the fact a white guy dominated a mostly black sport at the college level for 4 years. I can't wait til Psycho T proves all the haters wrong and becomes a very good pro player. O and for the guy who said he sucks at defense.....I wasn't aware that they played D in the NBA. Just another reason Psycho T is NBA ready cause he comes from a pro style offense at UNC.
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#25 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:TonyStewart_90
I love all the haters. Most of em are just racists that can't stand the fact a white guy dominated a mostly black sport at the college level for 4 years. I can't wait til Psycho T proves all the haters wrong and becomes a very good pro player. O and for the guy who said he sucks at defense.....I wasn't aware that they played D in the NBA. Just another reason Psycho T is NBA ready cause he comes from a pro style offense at UNC.

lmao at they dont play D in the NBA. The best teams play D. Some dont and thats why they suck. Just like college. Watch more basketball.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:

All I'm saying is don't count him out. You never know what will happen.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chAzN93

[QUOTE="TonyStewart_90"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:BLBxLakers24

lmao at they dont play D in the NBA. The best teams play D. Some dont and thats why they suck. Just like college. Watch more basketball.

haha seriously warriors averaged the 2nd most points...and look where they got
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]LOL @ Hansbrough ever averagin 18 & 9... :lol: I can't wait for him to get pushed around in the NBA so I never have to hear his stupid ass "Psycho T" nickname again:roll:TonyStewart_90

So if I say Hansbrough will struggle at the NBA level defensively because of his limited athleticism , I'm now a racist? LMFAO :lol: Also, you saying that they don't play D in the NBA shows just how little basketball you watch. The good teams play D, the bad teams don't. Just like in the NFL or any other sport. Watch more professional basketball please.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Just can't really imagine him going up to block Kobe or D-Wade and not get dunked on. That and him trying to guard Tim Duncan! ouch...
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#30 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
Its interesting all the hate on Hansborough. Its not like he is a one dimensional guy like JJ Reddick was coming out of college. I will admit I was not a Hansborough fan till the combine and when I saw his numbers stacked beside that of Griffen's He can play, and he will be able to play at the NBA level. I don't think he will play in any all star games but aside from Ty Lawson and the top of the draft board he was about as safe of a pick as there was.