Celtics Beat the Pistons at Home

• 49 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Have they proved they are the best in the East yet?
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts

It's tied at one a piece...that's wassup...BEANTOWN STANDUP!!!

FurRabbit8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 FurRabbit8877
Member since 2004 • 646 Posts
Chauncey Billups gave the game away. He sucked down the the stretch. Missing free throws, especially that stupid air ball 3 pointer he took after he got the offensive rebound.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I'll wait till the playoffs till I crown anybody.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Pistons beat boston when they were at home. Your point?
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts

I'll wait till the playoffs till I crown anybody.-Halftime-

Yep. I mean, I'm sick of all this "Celtics champions" stuff. How bout we wait around 100 more damn games? Jeez....

The Celtics are a great team. But like everyone, they are beatable. Look at their games. They always end up squeeking by. Sometimes, by just simply mediocre teams, like the Raptors and stuff. They aren't gods. Otherwise they wouldn't have those 3 L's hangin on their chins.

The Pistons just looked tired in the 4th.

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
in basketball though it always seems like alot of teams just squeak by

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]I'll wait till the playoffs till I crown anybody.detroitpistons0

Yep. I mean, I'm sick of all this "Celtics champions" stuff. How bout we wait around 100 more damn games? Jeez....

The Celtics are a great team. But like everyone, they are beatable. Look at their games. They always end up squeeking by. Sometimes, by just simply mediocre teams, like the Raptors and stuff. They aren't gods. Otherwise they wouldn't have those 3 L's hangin on their chins.

Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
Dude, the Celtics do that a lot. At least guys like the Pistons and Spurs are able to beat their mediocre opponents by 10+ points on a regular basis.
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

regular season is meaningless at this point for both teams.

They are gonna finish 1 and 2 respectively in their conference.

Playoffs.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]I'll wait till the playoffs till I crown anybody.detroitpistons0

The Celtics are beatable sure but they have a +13 differential against opponents, which would set a record for best in NBA history if they keep it up. They usually win games comfortably, not squeaking by. If you're going to fault a team for winning a few of their games by under 10 points now, you're really reaching.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Just_Osmo

Playoffs.

skullkrusher13

Top 2 teams playing in regular season is important. It determines home field advatage I thought.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

The Raptors are not mediocre, they're record is mediocre only because TJ Ford has been injured for so long.

Dude, the Celtics do that a lot. At least guys like the Pistons and Spurs are able to beat their mediocre opponents by 10+ points on a regular basis.detroitpistons0

The Raptors beat the Pistons earlier this year by 10+. :P
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Playoffs.

Just_Osmo

there are 7 games, and it only gives you 1 more home game than the other. It's meaningless in most cases. Actually, depending on how the series goes, the worse team may get more home games.

Top 2 teams playing in regular season is important. It determines home field advatage I thought.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Playoffs.

manningbowl135

there are 7 games, and it only gives you 1 more home game than the other. It's meaningless in most cases. Actually, depending on how the series goes, the worse team may get more home games.

Fixxed it for you.

gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
gonna wait till the playoffs before I start calling teams the best
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts

No. Just no.

rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts

It's tied 1-1

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Playoffs.

Just_Osmo

Fixxed it for you.

ugh, I should have been more clear. I meant Boston is gonna be 1 seed and Detroit will be 2. I'm not stupid, I know about home field.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
in my eyes it didnt really matter who won, as long as its a competitive game thats all i can ask for, but the celtics needed this win only to silence the critics, but in reality it didnt matter
F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Pistons had a 9 game winning streak. That gets extremely hard to continue, eventually you are going to lose. I think in the playoffs, Celtics will win in 7 but you never know, it could go either way.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Playoffs.

skullkrusher13

Fixxed it for you.

ugh, I should have been more clear. I meant Boston is gonna be 1 seed and Detroit will be 2. I'm not stupid, I know about home field.

No I fixxed his quote. He typed his post into the quote tunnel.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_Osmo

Pistons had a 9 game winning streak. That gets extremely hard to continue, eventually you are going to lose. I think in the playoffs, Celtics will win in 7 but you never know, it could go either way.F1Lengend

Celtics are on a 9 Game win streak too. They were on a 9 Game streak prior to the last time the Pistons and Celts met before losing to them.

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

I would say celtics are better at the moomment

but not by much

patsfan83428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 patsfan83428
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Its one big toss up right now. They beat eachother on the road. If one of them is able to make a statement at home. that team will have the edge. but for now. only time will tell. But i will say this; the pistons have reached there peak of perfromance. this is as good as its gonna get which is wonderful beacause they they are a great team. But i think the Celtics can still get alot better as the year goes on. Especially if rondo is able to come into his own.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Just_Osmo

Its one big toss up right now. They beat eachother on the road. If one of them is able to make a statement at home. that team will have the edge. but for now. only time will tell. But i will say this; the pistons have reached there peak of perfromance. this is as good as its gonna get which is wonderful beacause they they are a great team. But i think the Celtics can still get alot better as the year goes on. Especially if rondo is able to come into his own.patsfan83428

You can't ignore the fact that the Pistons have a 23-8 record and the Celtics have a 29-3 record. That right there to me proves whos the better team.

manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
[QUOTE="manningbowl135"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Playoffs.

Just_Osmo

Fixed it for you.

You too. :)

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
do you make a threa deverytime your team does something special :|
Dreski83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 Dreski83
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
I can't say Boston is the best, but they still got a lot of games stay consistent with... if they get to the playoffs and Detroit is still around, that will be the time for proving something ;)
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
They have not yet proven they are better due to the fact that they barely won that game. Its tied 1-1 lets see what happens as the year goes on. Before the season i had picked the Celtics to take it all this year but my hometown team the Pistons are really impressing me.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Just_Osmo

They have not yet proven they are better due to the fact that they barely won that game. Its tied 1-1 lets see what happens as the year goes on. Before the season i had picked the Celtics to take it all this year but my hometown team the Pistons are really impressing me.zeldafan00013

The same way the Pistons barely beat the Celtics when they played the game at Cletics Home. Still the Pistons have lost more times then the Celtics. That to me shows the Celtics are better.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

The same way the Pistons barely beat the Celtics when they played the game at Cletics Home. Still the Pistons have lost more times then the Celtics. That to me shows the Celtics are better.

Just_Osmo
That shows that they are better during the season. But, like Chauncey said...it doesn't matter once you get to the playoffs. Boston is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they can beat Detroit in a 7-game series.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

cell_dweller

That shows that they are better during the season. But, like Chauncey said...it doesn't matter once you get to the playoffs. Boston is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they can beat Detroit in a 7-game series.

Acually I think the opposite. The Celtics play full court ball. When they run the ball up they destroy people. Pistons play half court ball. They like a slower pace game where they can set their d up. In a 7 game series the Celtics would wear out the pistons playing their fast pace full court ball. Celtics would win 7 game series against the Pistons in 6 or 7 games. This is ofcourse if they kept the pace to their liking. If the Pistons managed to control the pace and slow it down for their D they would win. But that wouldnt happen.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

Acually I think the opposite. The Celtics play full court ball. When they run the ball up they destroy people. Pistons play half court ball. They like a slower pace game where they can set their d up. In a 7 game series the Celtics would wear out the pistons playing their fast pace full court ball. Celtics would win 7 game series against the Pistons in 6 or 7 games. This is ofcourse if they kept the pace to their liking. If the Pistons managed to control the pace and slow it down for their D they would win. But that wouldnt happen.

Just_Osmo
Pistons can play full court ball too, and they have the team to do it with. Their bench is deeper this year, and they have TONS of experience. If you noticed, in the last game against Boston when they lost, they didn't bring in Lindsay Hunter, they brought in a rookie to get him some good experience and playing time. Had Lindsay come in, and Chancey not sucked for 2 minutes, Boston would have lost again. I guess it doesn't matter until the playoffs, but I look forward to that series, and some damn good basketball!
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
I'm starting to think that the Celtics and Pistons could turn this into the biggest rivalry in the NBA, since they are going to decide how the East playoffs will go.
zeldafan00013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zeldafan00013
Member since 2004 • 6575 Posts
Another thing about the Pistons is they really are not using the starters a whole lot this year, they have reserves out there for at least one full quarter sometimes up to half of the game because they are saving the starrters for the playoffs so they dont make the same mistake they have made the last few years. Boston is great, Detroit is great, both wins were very close at this point I would say they are equal actually.
KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

I don't really know / caremuch about the NBA (not a big fan)or theCeltics, but my buddy had an extra ticket so I went to the Garden tonight to watch 'em. Eesh, wrong night I guess. The pizza and beer made it worth it, I guess.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Just_Osmo

I don't really know / caremuch about the NBA (not a big fan)or theCeltics, but my buddy had an extra ticket so I went to the Garden tonight to watch 'em. Eesh, wrong night I guess. The pizza and beer made it worth it, I guess.

KingOfKonging

Yah they looked bad tongiht. Ray Allen and Big Baby benched doesn't help/

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

Pistons V Celtics when (because it most likely will) it happens in the playoffs will be epic. Regardless of the series score, the games will be close (even if the Pistons or Celtics manage a 4-1 win or something, it'll be close like that Phoenix San An series from a few years back that was close every game but San An pulled through 4-1).

I'd like to add one last thing: the Pistons and Celtics both lost tonight. Celtics clearly should have beaten the Bobcats at home, but lost by a somewhat large sum... this tells me that when even ONE of their big three is out, they have little chance... this isn't a good thing for them... Ray was the least important of the big three and it was still enough of a momentum change that it decided the game... Celtics displayed tonight just how "deep" they are... Pistons displayed tonight that they still fall into the trap of not caring enough and thinking they can turn it on... much like the Lakers team they beat in 04 to elevate themselves to where they hover near now... Celtics need to get deeper, and Pistons need to focus on focus...

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Just_Osmo

Pistons V Celtics when (because it most likely will) it happens in the playoffs will be epic. Regardless of the series score, the games will be close (even if the Pistons or Celtics manage a 4-1 win or something, it'll be close like that Phoenix San An series from a few years back that was close every game but San An pulled through 4-1).

I'd like to add one last thing: the Pistons and Celtics both lost tonight. Celtics clearly should have beaten the Bobcats at home, but lost by a somewhat large sum... this tells me that when even ONE of their big three is out, they have little chance... this isn't a good thing for them... Ray was the least important of the big three and it was still enough of a momentum change that it decided the game... Celtics displayed tonight just how "deep" they are... Pistons displayed tonight that they still fall into the trap of not caring enough and thinking they can turn it on... much like the Lakers team they beat in 04 to elevate themselves to where they hover near now... Celtics need to get deeper, and Pistons need to focus on focus...

ScoopyMcScoop

We played without allen before and won by a large sum during those few games. Tonight was just an off night for everyone. It was sloppy. They haven't been playing enough. We had to long of a rest.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UssjTrunks
Wow, the Celtics are crap.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Just_Osmo

Wow, the Celtics are crap.UssjTrunks

lol as the Pistons lose ont he same night. Oh NO! 30-4 now!

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
the bobcats match up pretty well against the celtics, it wouldnt surprise me to see them beat the c's again
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

First of all, good win for the Celtics. And second of all, why doesn't glen davis see more time? It's like Pistons not wanting to play Jason Maxielle.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

the bobcats match up pretty well against the celtics, it wouldnt surprise me to see them beat the c's againBeanTownBrown86

Yeah, in the first meeting the game was extremely close as well.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 UssjTrunks

[QUOTE="BeanTownBrown86"]the bobcats match up pretty well against the celtics, it wouldnt surprise me to see them beat the c's againgoodlay

Yeah, in the first meeting the game was extremely close as well.

They could very well be to the Celtics what the Warriors are to the Mavs!! :o
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Just_Osmo

First of all, good win for the Celtics. And second of all, why doesn't glen davis see more time? It's like Pistons not wanting to play Jason Maxielle.

dkhw

Glen Davis does get alot of play time. He is just injured right now. He was averaging 12.4 minutes per game. His m inutes are more sparatic then that leads you to beleive. he will have games with 20+ minutes then not play for 2 games.

4skins4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 4skins4life
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts
The regular season counts for squat. The Mavs have taught us that the last 2 years in a row. :lol:
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Just_Osmo

The regular season counts for squat. The Mavs have taught us that the last 2 years in a row. :lol:4skins4life

It does count. Regular seasons show who is the competition and home field advantage. If the regular season didnt count for squat they would just have every team play 7 game series play offs with single elimination.