Breaking News: Amare Stoudemire signs a five year deal with the Knicks!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Discuss...this should attract more starts to NYC!

http://www.nba.com/

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

I'm a happy camper. Hopefully this signing is enough to net us Lebron. :D

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

I'm a happy camper. Hopefully this signing is enough to net us Lebron. :D

SaintBlaze

Personally I'm feeling Melo for the Knicks.

They look like they're going to be a fun team to watch next year

uefaeuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 uefaeuro
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

Oh my................

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Knicks fans should be hoping that this is just the start of the free agents they get, because Amare is barely an upgrade over David Lee.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
They're going to need to get LeBron or Dwyane Wade, otherwise they still won't be in good shape.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintBlaze

By far the best player the Knicks have had since Patrick Ewing. :D

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintBlaze

Knicks fans should be hoping that this is just the start of the free agents they get, because Amare is barely an upgrade over David Lee.JML897

I love David Lee, but Amare is a huge upgrade. Amare is a force on offense, and plays like a bully. He commands double teams most of the time. David Lee, on the other hand, does none of these things.

Neither are stellar on defense, but David Lee is downright terrible on that end. The only thing Lee has over Amare is rebounding, but Amare is no slouch in that department either.

The point is, he's a perennial all star/all nba player that is much more attractive to other free agents than David Lee.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JML897

I love David Lee, but Amare is a huge upgrade. Amare is a force on offense, and plays like a bully. He commands double teams most of the time. David Lee, on the other hand, does none of these things.

Neither are stellar on defense, but David Lee is downright terrible on that end. The only thing Lee has over Amare is rebounding, but Amare is no slouch in that department either.

The point is, he's a perennial all star/all nba player that is much more attractive to other free agents than David Lee.

SaintBlaze

Amare also had Steve Nash running the offense and David Lee had Chris Duhon. This opened up more opportunities for Amare to look like a better player.

Don't get me wrong, Amare is a solid piece to the puzzle -- but if the Knicks strike out with the other FAs and don't manage to get one, they're a first round exit at best.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If it nets them Lebron or Wade, then it will all be worth it. If they can't get another star to join, then meh. Amare is good, but I don't know about max good. But like I said if that max money for Amare nets them another superstar then it will be worth it.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

JML897

Amare also had Steve Nash running the offense and David Lee had Chris Duhon. This opened up more opportunities for Amare to look like a better player.

Don't get me wrong, Amare is a solid piece to the puzzle -- but if the Knicks strike out with the other FAs and don't manage to get one, they're a first round exit at best.

Steve Nash also distrbuted to different players. Chris Duhon had what I like to call "tunnel vision", meaning he fed the ball to David Lee on almost every single possesion. Guys like Gallo and Chandler would be frozen out of the picture.

Amare can also bully his way inside and dunk it with force. He's got that intimidation factor that Lee lacked. He's a superstar talent. David Lee is not.

Also: Amare averaged 21 ppg and 9 rbg before Steve Nash even came into the picture. He did this as a 19 year old in his second season in the NBA.

And if we don't get Lebron, we've still got a lot of flexibility. We may be a first or second round exit next year without Lebron, but that's light years better than what I've had to watch the past 10 years. :D

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

This is cool since I love Amare. Loved Amare since Shaq went to the Sunds. Now lets get LeBron. On another note I cant wait to see what Shaq does.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897

On another note I cant wait to see what Shaq does.

Ugalde-

You mean to tell me Shaq still thinks he can play? He should just retire already.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"]

JML897

You mean to tell me Shaq still thinks he can play? He should just retire already.

Why? He is still a very valuable big body that can probably help any team that struggles in the paint. He might not be the best center but he definitely is not the worst.
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

Good signing, but they need to grab someone else in this FA class.

If Lee leaves, and all they end up with is Amare...they aren't going to be better than last year.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
There was some AZ fan who said he was down because of losing Amare, i said you should be celebrating :lol: The Knicks better get someone else because just that guy alone aint gonna change much.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
There was some AZ fan who said he was down because of losing Amare, i said you should be celebrating :lol: The Knicks better get someone else because just that guy alone aint gonna change much.X360PS3AMD05
kenyon martin 2.0
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SaintBlaze

There was some AZ fan who said he was down because of losing Amare, i said you should be celebrating :lol: The Knicks better get someone else because just that guy alone aint gonna change much.X360PS3AMD05

Right, because the Suns are going to be so much better without him. :lol:

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
this could get really interesting now. Let's not forget Lebrons agent had a 2nd or "secret meeting" 5 days ago with the Knicks to confirm that the offer for Amare was correct. Now the ball is NY's court. I don't like Amare myself, i'll take David Lee anyday but this signing will attract the big name FA's still out there to sign with them.
thequietguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 thequietguy
Member since 2008 • 2160 Posts
[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="Ugalde-"]

Ugalde-

Why? He is still a very valuable big body that can probably help any team that struggles in the paint. He might not be the best center but he definitely is not the worst.

yeah but consider that the worst centers get low salaries, and Shaq will want ta ton of money. He's not worth it anymore. On the main topic, I love Amare (my top 5 favorite NBA players) so I might have to jump on the Knicks bandwagon haha jk but hopefully he can take them to the playoffs. Also I love the Suns (favorite team behind the Warriors) so hopefully they have someone good to fill in this huge void.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

They're going to need to get LeBron or Dwyane Wade, otherwise they still won't be in good shape.LTomlinson21

Melo will be just as good. imo

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
Lets see what Lebron does....I personally think NY should have went after Chris Bosh...but hey that's just me.
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ohjtbehaaave
Member since 2002 • 2114 Posts

Knicks fans should be hoping that this is just the start of the free agents they get, because Amare is barely an upgrade over David Lee.JML897
Not only that but A.Stoudemire has that bad knee that could be re-injured at any moment and he could be DONE! Huge gamble by NY giving him a 5 year max deal. He could kill the Knicks salary cap for years to come if he gets injured. Of all the FA's he was the one I would have tried to stay away from. It's no surprise the Suns wouldn't offer him this type deal. Plus he's one of these type guys that only plays when he's in the mood. He's a total dog on too many nights. But I understand why the Knicks had to make this deal. It's like a plan B safety Net because it totally looks like Lebron wants no part of coming to NY. So the Knicks need to make sure they aren't caught with their pants down not getting any of these FA's.

And let's be real.... no team in the history of the NBA has ever gone this route the Knicks are going. Basically purge your whole roster and then try and build a winner with FA's? It's never been done and is such a risky proposition it's crazy really. You build through the draft and the Knicks haven't had a #1 pick in years it seems.

I think the Hawks giving Joe Johnson a max deal is dumb and is also a salary cap albatross. Yeah he is a solid player... but "Max" contract type player? Not to me. And Lebron is either going to the Bulls or back to Cleveland. My guess would be he goes back to the Cavs for 3 years and tries to win a Ring. After that contract he goes to the Nets in Brooklyn with his buddy JZ.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaintBlaze

Lets see what Lebron does....I personally think NY should have went after Chris Bosh...but hey that's just me.CleanPlayer

They did. Apparently he was seeking the 6th year in a contract, and the only way that's possible is a sign and trade with Toronto.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Good pickup for NY.
PeculatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PeculatorX
Member since 2009 • 5050 Posts
I Think that the Knicks really need a Scoring 2 Guard more than anything! I think they are really gonna be pushing for Wade.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
They had 3 years to prepare for this offseason and still couldn't get the best Big man out there. But hey, its better than nothing.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Should have paid him half that because he only plays on half the court.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SaintBlaze

They had 3 years to prepare for this offseason and still couldn't get the best Big man out there. But hey, its better than nothing. Master_Live

2 years technically, and Bosh was taking too long to make up his mind. That, and there's reports saying he wanted the full max (6 years) which can only happen with a sign and trade. Better to sign Amare outright, and keep the roster as is.

Amare is also a player that Lebron pushed the Cavs to trade for. He didn't do the same for any other big man out there.

hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hkhatir
Member since 2009 • 590 Posts

Amare will regret playing for a team w/o the caliber of PG as Steve Nash.

Good signing for the Knicks but Amare is a guy who is only 2 years removed from microfracture surgery, plays no D, and can't rebound.

Bosh would've been a better fit, but hey at east they got someone.

He isn't a MASSIVe upgrade over David lee though. He'll score more points but he's worse defensively, and rebounding wise. More because of a lack of effort than a lack of talent. Hopefully he learns to play harder more consistently.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SaintBlaze

Good signing for the Knicks but Amare is a guy who is only 2 years removed from microfracture surgery, plays no D, and can't rebound.

hkhatir

He underwent microfracture surgery on October 18th, 2005, nearly 5 years ago. He isn't as good a rebounder as Bosh or Boozer, but he can hold his own in that area.

hkhatir

Walsh didn't want to wait on Bosh. He had to make a move that would make our roster more attractive before July 8th.

He isn't a MASSIVe upgrade over David Lee though. He'll score more points but he's worse defensively, and rebounding wise. More because of a lack of effort than a lack of talent. Hopefully he learns to play harder more consistently.

hkhatir

Amare is NOT worse defensively. Lee is a downright terrible defender. Amare isn't a good defender by any means, but he's better than Lee. He'll actually get you blocks.

I do agree that he isn't as good a rebounder and it probably is due to a lack of effort, but at the little "press conference" held today, he mentioned that he's working on improving in those areas. Hopefully he follows through on what he said.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

I hate the Suns, which this pretty much knocks them out of next years Playoffs (or at most the first round). Amare was the only Suns player I liked. Im glad he left.I think its a good thing for the Knicks but they definitly need at least one more good-to-great player. Not that Im a huge Knicks fan or anything...just giving my 2 cents :P

I heard that Amare and D'antoni didnt get along on the Suns and that they had to iron out any past issues when he met with the Knicks. What was wrong? I don't remember anything like that when they were all still with the Suns. I thought they liked each other.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
Meh, Amare as your number 1 option really isn't gonna get you anywhere.
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hkhatir

[QUOTE="hkhatir"]

He underwent microfracture surgery on October 18th, 2005, nearly 5 years ago. He isn't as good a rebounder as Bosh or Boozer, but he can hold his own in that area.

[QUOTE="hkhatir"]

SaintBlaze

Walsh didn't want to wait on Bosh. He had to make a move that would make our roster more attractive before July 8th.

He isn't a MASSIVe upgrade over David Lee though. He'll score more points but he's worse defensively, and rebounding wise. More because of a lack of effort than a lack of talent. Hopefully he learns to play harder more consistently.

hkhatir

Amare is NOT worse defensively. Lee is a downright terrible defender. Amare isn't a good defender by any means, but he's better than Lee. He'll actually get you blocks.

I do agree that he isn't as good a rebounder and it probably is due to a lack of effort, but at the little "press conference" held today, he mentioned that he's working on improving in those areas. Hopefully he follows through on what he said.

Amare has even stated he's only 2 years removed from being fully healed from micro fracture surgery. I should have clarified this.

The fact is he doesn't play any D or rebound at all, i'll believe it when I see it i really could care less what he says

A huge part of his success was that he played with Nash. The Knicks don't have PG like Nash. You can say if they get parker, but Parker is no Nash.

The good thing about the Knicks position is that if Lebron comes along, or another m,major free agent Amare doesn't have to be a #1, which is a great position to be in. if they don't get another major guy during this free agency then Amare isn't going to do you much good.

But this signing might sway some other major free agents like a Lebron or Wade then he's 100% worth the max money.

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
Meh, Amare as your number 1 option really isn't gonna get you anywhere. -Halftime-
Agreed, he's a better version of David Lee, leaving you at square one, which was last year. But the Knicks did not make this move to stay as is, they are going to get someone else, maybe James, maybe someone else via trade like T. Parker or someone else!
ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ohjtbehaaave
When I saw Stoudemire talking to the press he said all the right things... but it really comes off sounding like.... "Well the Suns or no other team was offering me 5 years and the max so I settled for the Knicks." It's a known fact the Knicks weren't his first choice... it was the $$$ as usual that was the decider. Same goes for Joe Johnson taking the money... and I think the same will go for Wade and Lebron resigning with their original teams. The interesting FA's are Bosh, Boozer and Lee. I don't see Dirk N going anyplace either.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SaintBlaze

When I saw Stoudemire talking to the press he said all the right things... but it really comes off sounding like.... "Well the Suns or no other team was offering me 5 years and the max so I settled for the Knicks." It's a known fact the Knicks weren't his first choice... it was the $$$ as usual that was the decider. Same goes for Joe Johnson taking the money... and I think the same will go for Wade and Lebron resigning with their original teams. The interesting FA's are Bosh, Boozer and Lee. I don't see Dirk N going anyplace either.ohjtbehaaave

How do you know that the Knicks weren't his first choice? :?

And he would have gotten max money elsewhere if the Knicks didn't lock him up. Guys like Darko Milicic and Amir Johnson are getting overpaid, so you know Amar'e's getting the max somewhere. Plus, if teams like the Bulls, Nets or Heat, struck out on Lebron, Bosh and Wade, it's very likley they would have given Amar'e the max.

The Knicks put the max offer on the table first because they're the only team that can sign two maxes. No other team wanted to use thier precious cap space without finding out what Lebron/Wade/Bosh were going to do. Now that the Knicks have Amar'e locked up, getting another star will become easier.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ohjtbehaaave
The Suns were his first choice but they weren't willing to kill their salary cap with a max deal on him. That should tell you something. And like many have already said in here ... will he be the same productive type player without Steve Nash dishing him the ball for easy baskets? There's a lot of mystery to watch and find out about Amare in NY. They may have just given a max deal to a guy who is basically 5 points better and 2 rebounds less a night on the score sheet than D. Lee. And the Nets were never interested in Amare because of his knee situation. They are waiting to see what "The Big 3" are going to do. It sounds like Wade and Bosh are going to the Heat and Lebron back to the Cavs or the Bulls. We'll find out Wednesday or Thursday hopefully so all this craziness an end. The Nets might get shutout completely in Free Agency. I think there's still a possibility of D.Lee or C.Boozer signing with the Nets. And to be honest if you're the Nets and not getting any of the Big 3 ... It's probably smarter to just hold off and save all the Salary cap money for next season if you can't get Lee or Boozer for a reasonable deal. They just added some decent rookies to an already young team. A year to just let them play and gel wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. And the Nets actually have the young talent that could get a Chris Paul or Carmelo Anthony in a deal. The Nets are building the proper way with draft picks. Putting all your eggs in the FA basket is Franchise suicide. It's possible the Nets could be on the same path as the Thunder were. But only time will tell.
hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hkhatir

[QUOTE="ohjtbehaaave"]When I saw Stoudemire talking to the press he said all the right things... but it really comes off sounding like.... "Well the Suns or no other team was offering me 5 years and the max so I settled for the Knicks." It's a known fact the Knicks weren't his first choice... it was the $$$ as usual that was the decider. Same goes for Joe Johnson taking the money... and I think the same will go for Wade and Lebron resigning with their original teams. The interesting FA's are Bosh, Boozer and Lee. I don't see Dirk N going anyplace either.SaintBlaze

How do you know that the Knicks weren't his first choice? :?

And he would have gotten max money elsewhere if the Knicks didn't lock him up. Guys like Darko Milicic and Amir Johnson are getting overpaid, so you know Amar'e's getting the max somewhere. Plus, if teams like the Bulls, Nets or Heat, struck out on Lebron, Bosh and Wade, it's very likley they would have given Amar'e the max.

The Knicks put the max offer on the table first because they're the only team that can sign two maxes. No other team wanted to use thier precious cap space without finding out what Lebron/Wade/Bosh were going to do. Now that the Knicks have Amar'e locked up, getting another star will become easier.

It's rediulous the money guys like Darko, and Gooden are getting, Max money for Amare wasn't an issue.

If Joe Johnson can get max money, and Boozer will Amare would get the max somewhere.

If this pickup gets them Lebron or Wade then this is a great deal. I hope they aren't banking on Parker though.

There's too much money for too few players so a lot of people are going to get the max this free agency.

This deal is 100% better than the Hawks giving JJ max money though. Amare isn't on the decline of his career, I honestly hope he starts playing harder. It's embarssing a guy as talented as he is can't pull down 10 boards consistently and plays no D and while D'Antoni I think is one of the best offensive coaches in the league he isn't a guy thats gonna preach defense and rebounding.

The Knicks are the 1st team to make a splash this free agency though, so that counts for something.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintBlaze

The Suns were his first choice but they weren't willing to kill their salary cap with a max deal on him. That should tell you something. And like many have already said in here ... will he be the same productive type player without Steve Nash dishing him the ball for easy baskets? There's a lot of mystery to watch and find out about Amare in NY. They may have just given a max deal to a guy who is basically 5 points better and 2 rebounds less a night on the score sheet than D. Lee. .ohjtbehaaave

If the Knicks didn't give Amare the max deal, some else would have. Like a poster in this thread has already said, there's too much money and too few players to spend it on. Guys like Darko and Drew Gooden are getting overpaid, so it's obvious the stars will too.

And Amar'e has been productive without Steve Nash. The year before Nash showed up, he put up 21 ppg and 9 rbg, as a 19 year old in his second season as a pro. He'll be productive here, especially since it'll be a system he's familiar with.

You're making it seem like the Knicks are the only ones who are going all in for free agents. That's not the case. The Heat pretty much gutted their roster to get their cap space. The only gauranteed players to stay on their roster for next season are Beasley and Mario Chalmers! If Wade leaves, then they're in a very bad spot.

And the Knicks didn't have a 1st round draft pick this year because of Isiah Thomas. Different regime now.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohjtbehaaave
Yeah... D.Walsh has done a nice job digging the Knicks out of the hole Isiah Thomas created for the Knicks. Thomas was a horror show as GM. Any GM that undervalues 1st RD draft picks like Thomas did is an idiot.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Meh, Amare as your number 1 option really isn't gonna get you anywhere. Mister__Awesome
Agreed, he's a better version of David Lee, leaving you at square one, which was last year. But the Knicks did not make this move to stay as is, they are going to get someone else, maybe James, maybe someone else via trade like T. Parker or someone else!

doesnt new york also have tracy mcgrady? they are set either way..

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="Mister__Awesome"][QUOTE="-Halftime-"]Meh, Amare as your number 1 option really isn't gonna get you anywhere. KBFloYd

doesnt new york also have tracy mcgrady? they are set either way..

McGrady's washed up. He's also a free agent.

hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hkhatir

What NY needs to do is try to unload Curry's 11 mil a year.

Im so sorry that NY fans had to deal with Isiah.

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ohjtbehaaave
If your a Knicks fan things may have just taken a turn for the best. It's amazing that Chris Bosh is the key to this whole FA thing because to me he's not on that same level as Lebron or Wade.... but reports say Wade and Bosh are going to the Heat which really increases the chances that Lebron is going to be a Knick. Another glimmer of hope is he wouldn't be having this big deal on ESPN on thursday if he was returning to the Cavs. They should just put this "The Decision" announcement on Pay Per View. Lebron wants a tag team partner... and maybe D.Walsh signing Stoudemire will turn out to be a genius move if the Knicks get Lebron. I think the Knicks have a great chance now to get Lebron if Wade and Bosh are going to the Heat. The only wild card that could steal Lebron away would be if the Nets were able to trade for Chris Paul today who Lebron loves. Two thing are for sure watching all this FA nonsense. The media knows NOTHING when it comes to stuff like this.... and Lebron is a bit of a Tool! He will never have the killer instinct that a Kobe or Jordan have. It's to much about the Lebron "Brand" and not about winning. It's a turnoff really.
satisfacti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 satisfacti0n
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

To be honest, if the Knicks dont land lebron, they loose. Everything else is just a silver medal.

I am hoping that lebron goes to the bulls, should make for some interesting b-ball

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SaintBlaze

If your a Knicks fan things may have just taken a turn for the best. It's amazing that Chris Bosh is the key to this whole FA thing because to me he's not on that same level as Lebron or Wade.... but reports say Wade and Bosh are going to the Heat which really increases the chances that Lebron is going to be a Knick. Another glimmer of hope is he wouldn't be having this big deal on ESPN on thursday if he was returning to the Cavs. They should just put this "The Decision" announcement on Pay Per View. Lebron wants a tag team partner... and maybe D.Walsh signing Stoudemire will turn out to be a genius move if the Knicks get Lebron. I think the Knicks have a great chance now to get Lebron if Wade and Bosh are going to the Heat. The only wild card that could steal Lebron away would be if the Nets were able to trade for Chris Paul today who Lebron loves. Two thing are for sure watching all this FA nonsense. The media knows NOTHING when it comes to stuff like this.... and Lebron is a bit of a Tool! He will never have the killer instinct that a Kobe or Jordan have. It's to much about the Lebron "Brand" and not about winning. It's a turnoff really.ohjtbehaaave

Donnie Walsh made a very wise move by getting Stoudemire. It's like he's playing chess, while everyone else is playing checkers. :P

ohjtbehaaave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ohjtbehaaave

I am so tired of this Dog and Pony show already. I've actually lost a lot of respect for Lebron who's picture you'll see in the dictionary when you look up the word narcissist. This ESPN announcement show is a joke. But the real jokes are all these owners, coaches, mayors, celebrities etc... sucking Lebrons #$%# to come play for their teams. It's the most degrading thing ever really. If I was the Knicks I'd have told Lebron... when you're ready to prove you can win on the "Big Stage" come talk to us in NY. This guy hasn't even won a ring and he's getting treated like Jordan. This whole thing with the NBA where the players dictate everything has gotten to the point of being an embarrassment. The inmates run the asylum... and it's a disgrace to sports in general. Could you imagine a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady pulling this type BS and having a "The Decision" tv show announcement. It's a circus. And how about the players being in collusion? Players always talk about the owners and collusion... well this stuff with the FA guys meeting to game plan where they should all go is the same thing right? I'm at the point with the NBA that I just don't care where Lebron or anyone goes. This FA Circus we saw is exactly why pro sports are less and less attractive to fans. Half the country is out of work and everyone's worried about who's going to pay these FA's 100 million. Ugh.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#50 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

What NY needs to do is try to unload Curry's 11 mil a year.

Im so sorry that NY fans had to deal with Isiah.

hkhatir

It turned away a lot of fans...I have heard that Stoudemire didn't always get along with D'Antoni in Phoenix, so as a Knicks fan that worries me