Baseball Needs Instant Replay!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

User Lists: 0

#1 toolzz360
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
These old foogyyy umpires can't make a damn call if they had to. Clearly Manny just hit a home run you could tell from the live tv coverage. wtf bud selig??? Hope this doesn't cost the sox the series. These anouncers on fox are terrible also people these days dont know what the hell they are talking about. THE BALL IS OVER THE YELLOW LINE
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
It landed ON TOP of the yellow line. That is OVER the wall.. therefore a homerun. And i agree that the announcers are pretty biased. WTF is up with teh Manny Bashing? Yea he was a jerk, but who cares? I was laughing my ass off the entire time when he did that.
toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 toolzz360
not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him.
Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. toolzz360
LOL! Well if Manny actually cared more he would have had a double, he'd had probably scored in the 1st inning to, but he doesn't care. It's not the end of the world guys come on.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

I agree it was over for it to have hopped up that high. It hit the top of the cushin and hit the cement corner causing it to pop up and back in.

I also agree the anouncers need to shut up. The man just put us ahead and didnt run to 2nd. WHO CARES. Mike Lowell struck out anyways.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Bobbles
LOL! Well if Manny actually cared more he would be a 2nd, he'd had probably scored in the 1st inning to, but he doesn't care. It's not the end of the world guys come on.

Manny does care. He wants to win just like everyone else to say he doesn't is just stupid. He thought he had a Homer and didnt hustle. Big whoop.

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 toolzz360

[QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Bobbles
LOL! Well if Manny actually cared more he would have had a double, he'd had probably scored in the 1st inning to, but he doesn't care. It's not the end of the world guys come on.

manny cares more than the whole yankees team combined or else they would be playing the red sox

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bobbles

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. toolzz360

manny cares more than the whole yankees team combined or else they would be playing the red sox

I can tell he cares by his base running.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 helium_flash

I thought he hussled pretty hard when he was thrown out at home. It was stupid for teh 3rd base coach to wave him on. Anyway, Manny is 2 for 2 so far, with a double, and a homerun ofa single. next time he'll hussle and get to third on the next homer he hits.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="toolzz360"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Bobbles

LOL, because he was proud and walks to first when he thinks he has a home run he doesn't care? People will bash a player they hate over anything.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Just_Osmo

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. helium_flash

I thought he hussled pretty hard when he was thrown out at home. It was stupid for teh 3rd base coach to wave him on. Anyway, Manny is 2 for 2 so far, with a double, and a homerun ofa single. next time he'll hussle and get to third on the next homer he hits.

Technically he would be hustling to home if he hit another homer.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Just_Osmo

LOL, because he was proud and walks to first when he thinks he has a home run he doesn't care? People will bash a player they hate over anything.

Just like him celebrating a home run when down by 4 runs and now this. I don't hate Manny I just think it's hilarious watching this moron.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Bobbles

Just like him celebrating a home run when down by 4 runs and now this. I don't hate Manny I just think it's hilarious watching this moron.

I know it's hillarious watching him hit home runs like its nothing.

That Celebration was more of a kick in the face to Clevland from him. They Boo him everytime he comes back and for what? He gave them 7 season of huge numbers. But they still boo him.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts

Why don't we just replace the umpies altogether? We can use computers to make all the calls. We can also replace all the players with robots so that they don't make mistakes, either. Better yet, we can just simulate every game with a computer like fantasy. Let's just get rid of sports altogether b/c people make mistakes. :roll:

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bobbles
[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]

[QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Just_Osmo

That Celebration was more of a kick in the face to Clevland from him. They Boo him everytime he comes back and for what? He gave them 7 season of huge numbers. But they still boo him.

More like it's hilarious watching him try to play left field.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
dude, quit whining because the umps made the right call whether you agree with them or not
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 helium_flash

[QUOTE="helium_flash"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]not his fault for being at first the ball is out of the park. Tim Mcarver is a complete idiot and needs to get the crap kicked out of him. Just_Osmo

Technically he would be hustling to home if he hit another homer.

I was making fun of the umpiring saying that if he hits another homerun they will say it is in the park and he'll only get to third :|
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Bobbles"][QUOTE="toolzz360"]

More like it's hilarious watching him try to play left field.

See you don't watch every game of the Red Sox seasons and see him play left Field at fenway on a daily basis. He knows that wall more then anybody.

Don't start talking about someones defence when you don't watch every game.

Manny Ramirez Fielding % for 2007 .990 2 Errors

Matt Holliday Fielding % for 2007 .990 3 Errors

How can you say he is better when they have the same % and manny hasless errors.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bobbles
He also played less games, by about 40. Either way I'll give Manny his credit, but the errors I have seen are hilarious. Holliday has actually been weak in fielding until this year, but I've never seen him make an error that made me laugh.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Just_Osmo

He also played less games, by about 40. Either way I'll give Manny his credit, but the errors I have seen are hilarious. Holliday has actually been weak in fielding until this year, but I've never seen him make an error that made me laugh.Bobbles

133 Games to 158 games 35 Game Difference due to an injury. Not much of a big difference in fielding.

I can't say I've seen many errors that are fuinny since he has had 4 errors in the past 2 years. Please inform me ofsome funny ones so I can laugh too.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
No no, it will stop the game and ruin the spirit of the game.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_Osmo

No no, it will stop the game and ruin the spirit of the game.X360PS3AMD05

What does 5 Umrpires getting together and disgussing the play do? Taketime. Usual;ly 60-120 seconds.

It's the SAME THING as one umpire or the booth looking at a replay. Especially wouldn't take long if they have a dedicated booth with an umpire inside who watches replays as things happen. He would have an answer within 60 seconds.

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
oh yeah because if a ball goes over something it clearly is supposed to bounce back the opposite way....
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
^ LOL, i still say leave it up to the umps.
CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
No it does not need a replay system....
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Just_Osmo

oh yeah because if a ball goes over something it clearly is supposed to bounce back the opposite way....squitsquat

If you look it hit the corner of the cement wall when it hit the TOP of the padding with the yellow line. It bounced UP and in. For it to bounce up it would have to hit the corner of the wall on the top of the padding.

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
i am kinda confused by what your saying but wouldnt you be agreeing with me. for the ball to go towards the outfield it would have to hit the corner of the pad

[QUOTE="squitsquat"]oh yeah because if a ball goes over something it clearly is supposed to bounce back the opposite way....Just_Osmo

If you look it hit the corner of the cement wall when it hit the TOP of the padding with the yellow line. It bounced UP and in. For it to bounce up it would have to hit the corner of the wall on the top of the padding.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Well, looks like boston is prolly going to the world series. I guess its go rockies then.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts
Yes, baseball needs instant replay. Seriously, why bother showing the audience a replay if it's not going to make a difference. How many Clevland fans do you think were pissed when they saw Lofton get called out at second. Oh and let us not forget the AJ Pierzynskiy noncall 2 years ago. Just update the game already so we can avoid these stupid "what if" moments and get the calls right. :roll:
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Just_Osmo

Yes, baseball needs instant replay. Seriously, why bother showing the audience a replay if it's not going to make a difference. How many Clevland fans do you think were pissed when they saw Lofton get called out at second. Oh and let us not forget the AJ Pierzynskiy noncall 2 years ago. Just update the game already so we can avoid these stupid "what if" moments and get the calls right. :roll:Renegade_Fury

It really wouldn't effect gameplay if you have all reviews done in the booth they always are ready and have watched the close play 2 times before the manager even challanged it.