2012 NBA Draft Discussion

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Ben Gorden and a lottery pick was dealt to Bobcats for Maggette. Pistons save 15 millon in trade. lol

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Ben Gorden and a lottery pick was dealt to Bobcats for Maggette. Pistons save 15 millon in trade. lol

deuce4eva
It's actually worse than that for the Bobcats. It's Ben Gordon and a lottery protected pick, meaning if the Pistons get a lottery pick then they get to keep it. I don't really understand how this helps the Bobcats.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deuce4eva

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

JML897

It's actually worse than that for the Bobcats. It's Ben Gordon and a lottery protected pick, meaning if the Pistons get a lottery pick then they get to keep it. I don't really understand how this helps the Bobcats.

Their desperate they really cant get worse.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Pacers please please please do not pick Draymond Green...
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
I can't really decide who I want the Cavs to pick-up in this draft. Beal would make the back-court great and I like that he can rebound. MKG plays great defense, I would just worry about his jump-shot and overall scoring ability. He would have to develop into at least a solid second option behind Kyrie. Barnes can shoot better for the SF and I find his overall game to be solid, but I don't see him as the best second option on a team. All three can play though and I feel they all will turn out to out to be solid players.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Just glad the Pistons got rid of Ben Gordon and his terrible contract. Yeah, Maggette isn't much, but his contract will expire soon and then the Pistons will have a lot more cap space to get some good players to surround Knight and Monroe with. So I'm already happy on that note. The draft this year seems so wide open and I have no idea who is going where, except for the Hornets of course.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
Hoping the Heat can draft a competent center to play the middle.
Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts
Hoping the Heat can draft a competent center to play the middle. Jagged3dge
you really don't want that.... Anyway, Rockets could get more first round picks. This should be fun.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deuce4eva

Rockets going big this year i would be suprise if they land Howard though maybe Pau Gasol.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jagged3dge
[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]Hoping the Heat can draft a competent center to play the middle. No_Hablo_Ingles
you really don't want that.... Anyway, Rockets could get more first round picks. This should be fun.

Why not? Bosh playing center for the entire season just spells injury. The Laker bigs or Howard could go right over him. Joel Anthony is a pretty good defender, but he has stone hands and almost no inside game. A lot of teams in the league actually play off him.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]Hoping the Heat can draft a competent center to play the middle. Jagged3dge

Why not? Bosh playing center for the entire season just spells injury. The Laker bigs or Howard could go right over him. Joel Anthony is a pretty good defender, but he has stone hands and almost no inside game. A lot of teams in the league actually play off him.

regular season does not matter, hell stick anyone in there. Playoffs Bosh at center.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"][QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"] you really don't want that.... Anyway, Rockets could get more first round picks. This should be fun.No_Hablo_Ingles

regular season does not matter, hell stick anyone in there. Playoffs Bosh at center.

Agreed. The Heat need a shooter, especially if Miller and Jones retire.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"][QUOTE="Jagged3dge"] Why not? Bosh playing center for the entire season just spells injury. The Laker bigs or Howard could go right over him. Joel Anthony is a pretty good defender, but he has stone hands and almost no inside game. A lot of teams in the league actually play off him. yokofox33

I believe that's why they're trying to get Ray Allen, and pretty sure JJ said he wasn't going to retire already. Chalmers, Battier, JJ, and Harris can all shoot. I think a center is really the only thing the Heat can use. Someone to fill up the middle would really open up the lane. Small ball won't always be effective. Oh course if Terry or Odom want to sign here then by all means do it.
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 No_Hablo_Ingles
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="No_Hablo_Ingles"]regular season does not matter, hell stick anyone in there. Playoffs Bosh at center.Jagged3dge

I believe that's why they're trying to get Ray Allen, and pretty sure JJ said he wasn't going to retire already. Chalmers, Battier, JJ, and Harris can all shoot. I think a center is really the only thing the Heat can use. Someone to fill up the middle would really open up the lane. Small ball won't always be effective. Oh course if Terry or Odom want to sign here then by all means do it.

No. What opens up the paint is Bosh (who can shoot 3s) at center. Having a center with limited range is counter productive.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

Rockets going big this year i would be suprise if they land Howard though maybe Pau Gasol.

deuce4eva

I would think Howard would basically have to agree to sign an extension, but I doubt that'll happen. He probably wouldn't go anywhere except LA or Brooklyn. Gasol would defiantly be a good target though, if it weren't for Stern's shenanigans you'd already have him.

No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 No_Hablo_Ingles

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

Boston_Boyy

I would think Howard would basically have to agree to sign an extension, but I doubt that'll happen. He probably wouldn't go anywhere except LA or Brooklyn. Gasol would defiantly be a good target though, if it weren't for Stern's shenanigans you'd already have him.

do not want. Rockets are willing to do it without an extention. They believe The Dream, C.Lee (close friend) and maybe if all goes well J.Smith can convince himto stay
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
It'd make my day to see our new gm send josh smith to houston or LA on draft night. Preferably the lakers, pau would be a great fit for the hawks.
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
If the Lakers trade Pau I see no reason to believe LA can contend for a long time. Sessions is a FA and if they trade Gasol who plays PF? They have no first round picks. If the Lakers trade Gasol without finding a decent PF to replace him you can count LA out and expect Kobe to demand a trade in the next few years like he demanded one before.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#19 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9737 Posts

Its draft time.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18815 Posts
It'd make my day to see our new gm send josh smith to houston or LA on draft night. Preferably the lakers, pau would be a great fit for the hawks.ice144
Josh played his assed off last year. And you want to get rid of him?
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
Wtf Cleveland...
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
If the Lakers trade Pau I see no reason to believe LA can contend for a long time. Sessions is a FA and if they trade Gasol who plays PF? They have no first round picks. If the Lakers trade Gasol without finding a decent PF to replace him you can count LA out and expect Kobe to demand a trade in the next few years like he demanded one before. TheWalkingGhost
If the Lakers were to trade Pau for someone like Josh Smith they have to do it. They have to get younger somehow.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheWalkingGhost
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]If the Lakers trade Pau I see no reason to believe LA can contend for a long time. Sessions is a FA and if they trade Gasol who plays PF? They have no first round picks. If the Lakers trade Gasol without finding a decent PF to replace him you can count LA out and expect Kobe to demand a trade in the next few years like he demanded one before. -Halftime-
If the Lakers were to trade Pau for someone like Josh Smith they have to do it. They have to get younger somehow.

I was talking about trading him for a draft pick or a guard. Trading him for someone who can play his position that would be different.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JML897

[QUOTE="ice144"]It'd make my day to see our new gm send josh smith to houston or LA on draft night. Preferably the lakers, pau would be a great fit for the hawks.PSP107
Josh played his assed off last year. And you want to get rid of him?

You always want to sell high.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]If the Lakers trade Pau I see no reason to believe LA can contend for a long time. Sessions is a FA and if they trade Gasol who plays PF? They have no first round picks. If the Lakers trade Gasol without finding a decent PF to replace him you can count LA out and expect Kobe to demand a trade in the next few years like he demanded one before. TheWalkingGhost

I was talking about trading him for a draft pick or a guard. Trading him for someone who can play his position that would be different.

IDK. I think if they could get Kyle Lowry or someone like that then they should do it. But I also believe that Mike Brown misuses Pau Gasol's talents. So idk.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deuce4eva

Celtics did very good in this draft.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Boston_Boyy

I like the Sullinger pick, he may not blow the roof of the place but he's defiantly a piece for our future. Barring a back injury. Not a big fan of Fab Melo though. They could have done worse but we're probably talking about a player who will at best be Kendrick Perkins, big-bodied interior defender, with limited offensive game, not exactly confidence inspiring for a pick that early.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Alright draft for the Celtics I suppose. Time to start rebuilding.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Heat's pick up next. Wonder who they'll choose.

Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Boston_Boyy

Perry Jones to the Thunder. If he can put it all together, the whole league is gonna be screwed.

deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deuce4eva

Perry Jones to OKC is a steal.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Halftime-
God damnit, Perry Jones was giftwrapped to OKC.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jagged3dge
How was PJ passed up?
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GameboyTroy

Celtics did very good in this draft.

deuce4eva
I agree with you.
God damnit, Perry Jones was giftwrapped to OKC.-Halftime-
OKC knows how to draft. They made their starting lineup from their previous drafts.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Boston_Boyy

How was PJ passed up?Jagged3dge
A concern about his knee hurt him, but I just don't understand. Perry Jones at the worst is a good role player, at best a game-changer. How does get passed over in favor of players like John Jenkins, Jared Cunningham, or Tony Wroten? All of whom are being drafted with the ceiling of reasonable expectations being that they'll contribute off the bench,

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Heat traded Moultrie to 76'ers, for a future 1st round pick. It would be a real great time for the 76'ers to start sucking again.:P

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Miles f*cking Plumlee? Are you SERIOUS? Over PJIII? god dammit Pacers
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

How was PJ passed up?Jagged3dge

Little upset Miami passed on him. You'd think they'd be one of the few teams who could survive if his knees did fail.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Andre Drummond, welcome to the D!
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]How was PJ passed up?yokofox33

Little upset Miami passed on him. You'd think they'd be one of the few teams who could survive if his knees did fail.

It's ridiculous. But they have no problem paying a half dead Mike Miller. They gave even more talent to OKC in the process. In addition, they gave away a great 6'11 rebounder, Moultrie.. I really hope Pittmen develops this offseason, or Riley pulls off a great free agency signing.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PSP107
Just like Goodell during NFL drafts, why do him and Stern get booed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Just like Goodell during NFL drafts, why do him and Stern get booed?PSP107
Stern is a horrible and is widely suspected of attempting to rig certain game. Goodell has the NFL thriving but abuses his powers.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JML897
Even though Stern sucks I thought it was hilarious how he was playing up to the boos last night like a wrestler would.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"]Just like Goodell during NFL drafts, why do him and Stern get booed?sherman-tank1

Stern is a horrible and is widely suspected of attempting to rig certain game. Goodell has the NFL thriving but abuses his powers.

The NFL was already thrving when he took over from Paul Tailbue or whatever his name is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"]Just like Goodell during NFL drafts, why do him and Stern get booed?PSP107

The NFL was already thrving when he took over from Paul Tailbue or whatever his name is.

And is has thrived even more. He is continuing the success.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

The Cavs selecting Waiters at #4 has me pretty pissed off. Hard to say since I didn't watch a ton of his game and Syracuse had a deep team, but the Cavs future looks pretty unsure with Tristan Thompson, Waiters and Tyler Zeller. Kyrie playing with MGK or Beal or even Barnes was what I was going for.

The Celtics getting two solid bigs could help them a lot next year. If they can retain Ray Allen and now that KG is returning, the team could make another run if everyone stays healthy. If Jeff Green, Bradley and Jermaine O'Neal can all return as well, I would like their chances even more.

Hornet, Rockets and Warriors did solid with the position of their picks as well.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GameboyTroy

deuce4eva

What do you think of that late big surprise pick by the Knicks in round 2? The guy is supposed to be an all-star.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

I liked the Warriors' draft.

Barnes will at worst be a starter and if he rounds out his game could be really good.

Two foreign big men.. Cool. And Draymond Green, who I know nothing about.

Damian Lillard was so depressed to see himself get drafted before the Warriors picked.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheWalkingGhost
Pfft. Lakers. That is all.
OmegaRey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 OmegaRey
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

The Cavs selecting Waiters at #4 has me pretty pissed off. Hard to say since I didn't watch a ton of his game and Syracuse had a deep team, but the Cavs future looks pretty unsure with Tristan Thompson, Waiters and Tyler Zeller. Kyrie playing with MGK or Beal or even Barnes was what I was going for.

The Celtics getting two solid bigs could help them a lot next year. If they can retain Ray Allen and now that KG is returning, the team could make another run if everyone stays healthy. If Jeff Green, Bradley and Jermaine O'Neal can all return as well, I would like their chances even more.

Hornet, Rockets and Warriors did solid with the position of their picks as well.

LTomlinson21

Waiters isn't that great. Since I live in NY I was able to watch a few Syracuse games although I forget which channel the games are on.

Could have drafted better talent IMO but obviously they wanted to build a backcourt for the future. He gets compared to Wade but I don't see it at all. Maybe he was held back by the offensive system. Barnes would have been a way better pick and would have been a perfect complementary player to Kyrie.