Which Sonic game do you most want to play?

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
Unless you've played absolutely every Sonic game out there, there has to be at least one that you want to play, whether you've played a few and want to try a popular one or you've played almost all and wish to be a perfectionist. So which is it?

For me: Quite likely Sonic CD. Some say it's okay, some say it's better then Sonic 2. So I have to try it just to see the validity of these claims, you know?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#2 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I'd like to try out whatever SEGA's got in the works for the 3DS sonic as long as it's a platformer. Every other Sonic game I've either played or didn't care about enough to try out.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#3 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
Knuckles Chaotix mainly because I've played most of the other Sonic games in one form or another but this one doesn't exist outside of emulators. Seriously Sega, why did you waste money porting the original trilogy to the DS instead of emulating Chaotix for the VC or something?
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
I didn't even get the chance to play Sonic 3D Blast all the way through, yet. ....Or the Game Gear ones. Been too busy.
gamefreak197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#5 gamefreak197
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
I've always wanted to play Sonic CD and Sonic The Fighters. So I guess I'm going after the Gems Collection.
gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts
knuckles chaotix
swordmaster33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 swordmaster33
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
sonic adventure for the dreamcast because i never got to play it:cry:. Also, knuckles chaotix
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#8 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I am gonna say Sonic Pocket Adventure or Knuckles Chaotix.
Avatar image for the-silent-hero
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 the-silent-hero
Member since 2009 • 27646 Posts
Knuckles Chaotix, haven't played that one.
nandsegaman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#10 nandsegaman123
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts
Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic Unleashed (360 version), and Knuckles Chatiox.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts
That Arcade game, Knuckles Chaotix, and the Rivals games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b7a4a209ddaf
Member since 2009 • 7764 Posts
Knuckles Chaotix and the PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I've completed every Sonic game that ever had a retail release in any region, as well as all of the known arcade titles except Waku Waku Sonic Car Patrol. I can talk in depth about any game in the series. If anyone has any questions about them, I'd be glad to answer. I've found that some of the most obscure ones like Sonic Pocket Adventure for Neo Geo Pocket Color, Sonic Battle for Game Boy Advance, and Knuckles' Chaotix for SEGA 32X are quite good.
Ryagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 Ryagan
Member since 2009 • 532 Posts
Sonic CD (which is why I'm going to get the Gems Collection), Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic Advance 2 & 3, and Sonic Rush Adventure.
Nap215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Nap215
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts
Sonic CD, Sonic R, and Sonic the Fighter (Sonic Championship).
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mariostar0001
I've found that some of the most obscure ones like Sonic Pocket Adventure for Neo Geo Pocket Color, Sonic Battle for Game Boy Advance, and Knuckles' Chaotix for SEGA 32X are quite good.savebattery
Battle is obscure? Didn't know that, I found it easily enough. But it seems that very few have played it.
Avatar image for the-silent-hero
the-silent-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-silent-hero
Member since 2009 • 27646 Posts
The only Sonic games I haven't played were Rivals, 06, Unleashed for the Wii, (I have it for Xbox), and Chaotix.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Sonic Next Gen: For the laugh
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 white_kunoichi
Sonic Next Gen: For the laughchocolate1325
I don't know how I'll be able to last on that one. But, I still would like to experience how bad it is.
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kbaily

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughwhite_kunoichi
I don't know how I'll be able to last on that one. But, I still would like to experience how bad it is.

I will honestly say it really is one of those games you want to play just to see how bad it is. The test is to see if you keep playing when you hit Sonic's broken snowboarding stage or Silver's ball puzzle from hell.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughkbaily

I will honestly say it really is one of those games you want to play just to see how bad it is. The test is to see if you keep playing when you hit Sonic's broken snowboarding stage or Silver's ball puzzle from hell.

Silver plays with balls? His world is hell? Well, I kind of always suspected, but I guess this CONFIRMS it... /IMPLICATION
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughkbaily

As I said before, I've gotten all S rank. I'm either stupid or insane. I like to show Sonic games who's boss, and when they added a rank to SA2 and up, you knew I went crazy.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mariostar0001
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughSoniczero1993

As I said before, I've gotten all S rank. I'm either stupid or insane. I like to show Sonic games who's boss, and when they added a rank to SA2 and up, you knew I went crazy.

What about Adventure 1/Adventure DX? And I'd vote obsessed, I'm much the same. And Sonic 06's perfect cannot possibly be harder then Yoshi's Island DS or Metroid Fusion.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 savebattery
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughwhite_kunoichi

It's not good, but its sucktitude is quite overblown and chances are you've played far worse games. The frame rate sucks, the camera sucks, the load times are atrocious, and it's full of glitches. But you can tell that it's a decent game at its core, and it makes you sad to play it knowing it's a half-finished game. The graphics, the music, the level design, the story, and the physics were all good. It simply wasn't ready to be released, but it was rushed out anyway. If you want the better experience, play it on Xbox 360. The PS3 version is far worse, as the frame rate chugs even when there is absolutely nothing happening in the game.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 white_kunoichi
I don't have Xbox 360 or PS3. I'll just watch the whole thing on Youtube.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#26 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_765
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="white_kunoichi"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Sonic Next Gen: For the laughsonicphc

Silver plays with balls? His world is hell? Well, I kind of always suspected, but I guess this CONFIRMS it... /IMPLICATION

It's Shinji Ikari!! Now you're all clueless.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mariostar0001
Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.Cloud_765
You have yet to play All-Stars Racing? I'd say you will enjoy it, except there's a chance you might not. It's like Mario Kart, except translate the easy difficulty to medium, the medium to hard, and the hard to insane.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 savebattery
Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.Cloud_765
How can you know which games are half decent without ever having played them?
nandsegaman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nandsegaman123
Oh yeah I forgot to put that I wanted to play Sega all stars racing.
Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#31 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts
I really want to play sonic 4.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 white_kunoichi
I really want to play sonic 4.Darksonic666
Ditto.
gamemanyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 gamemanyeah
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
i would want to try out sonic next gen just to see how bad it is
nandsegaman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nandsegaman123
I really want to play sonic 4.Darksonic666
me too!
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#35 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
The PS3 or Xbox 360 version of Sonic Unleashed. I have the Wii version, but the gameplay engine is apparently different on the other two versions and I've wanted to try those.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cloud_765
[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.savebattery

Because I can tell...
[QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.mariostar0001
You have yet to play All-Stars Racing? I'd say you will enjoy it, except there's a chance you might not. It's like Mario Kart, except translate the easy difficulty to medium, the medium to hard, and the hard to insane.

Well I'm no slow slouch at Mario Kart.
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 SuperfastSonic
Member since 2008 • 12114 Posts
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood. They say it's like EBA, so I'm intrigued.:o
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kbaily

Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood. They say it's like EBA, so I'm intrigued.:o
SuperfastSonic

Sonic Chronicles is a fascinating entry in the series because it's not really terrible but not really great and while that seems to be the norm for many Sonic games, we forget that Bioware as in "we make one great RPG after another" Bioware. One of those cases where for all purposes it should've been great but ends up being "meh." Once again I use my Solid Gold 32x adaptor analogy. For me it was a lot of really great ideas that just didn't gel together.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 savebattery
[QUOTE="savebattery"][QUOTE="Cloud_765"]Knuckles' Chaotix or All-Stars Racing. I've played damn near every other half decent to good Sonic game released so far but those 2.Cloud_765

Because I can tell...

You have no business talking about the quality of a game you haven't played. You can speculate and you can list reasons it might not appeal to you, but to say anything definitive is beyond ridiculous.
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SuperfastSonic

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood. They say it's like EBA, so I'm intrigued.:o
kbaily

Sonic Chronicles is a fascinating entry in the series because it's not really terrible but not really great and while that seems to be the norm for many Sonic games, we forget that Bioware as in "we make one great RPG after another" Bioware. One of those cases where for all purposes it should've been great but ends up being "meh." Once again I use my Solid Gold 32x adaptor analogy. For me it was a lot of really great ideas that just didn't gel together.

So ah...is it worth the $16 I saw at my local used game store?:|
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kbaily
[QUOTE="kbaily"]

[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"]Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood. They say it's like EBA, so I'm intrigued.:o
SuperfastSonic

It's an ok game if you can overlook it's shortcomings. If you're a die hard RPG player then you'll be insulted by its linearity and ease. If you're not much into RPGs then this won't cause an epiphany. The biggest problem was Bioware assumed Sonic fans were morons or little kids who couldn't play RPGs and felt the need to make "baby's first RPG" kinda like when Halo Wars made a simplistic watered-down RTS assuming that all Halo players were moronic frat boys who couldn't do anything besides run, shoot, kill, teabag. I don't mind making something approachable for kids but Bioware seems to forget that many kids do play a challenging RPG with lots of depth. It's called Pokemon.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mariostar0001
kinda like when Halo Wars made a simplistic watered-down RTS assuming that all Halo players were moronic frat boys who couldn't do anything besides run, shoot, kill, teabag. kbaily
Well you know... :P
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SuperfastSonic
[QUOTE="SuperfastSonic"][QUOTE="kbaily"]

kbaily

It's an ok game if you can overlook it's shortcomings. If you're a die hard RPG player then you'll be insulted by its linearity and ease. If you're not much into RPGs then this won't cause an epiphany. The biggest problem was Bioware assumed Sonic fans were morons or little kids who couldn't play RPGs and felt the need to make "baby's first RPG" kinda like when Halo Wars made a simplistic watered-down RTS assuming that all Halo players were moronic frat boys who couldn't do anything besides run, shoot, kill, teabag. I don't mind making something approachable for kids but Bioware seems to forget that many kids do play a challenging RPG with lots of depth. It's called Pokemon.

I hate easy, short games. But I will consider it if it has a Hard mode option.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Not really played many sonic games. I love Sonic 2 tho. have the mega collection for the cube but the 2nd one is the only one I ever seem to play.
kjhg53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kjhg53
Member since 2008 • 30455 Posts
Knuckles Chaotix
gamerguy456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 gamerguy456
Member since 2009 • 19988 Posts
you would think that sega would eventually release knuckles chaotix on the downloadable service. But no it doesnt seem near
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cloud_765
you would think that sega would eventually release knuckles chaotix on the downloadable service. But no it doesnt seem neargamerguy456
It's going to be as extinct as E.T. The Game.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
There's enough demand for Chaotix. I'm sure of it. The problem is writing an emulator for the 32x hardware. It's pretty specialized stuff. There are some out there for PC, but the specs on a PC are WAY different than that of a Wii. That, and it has to be digitally distributable. It's more profitable, for now, to just throw more ROMs at their currently working emulator.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cloud_765
There's enough demand for Chaotix. I'm sure of it. The problem is writing an emulator for the 32x hardware. It's pretty specialized stuff. There are some out there for PC, but the specs on a PC are WAY different than that of a Wii. That, and it has to be digitally distributable. It's more profitable, for now, to just throw more ROMs at their currently working emulator.sonicphc
How is a 32X THAT different than the Genesis or Sega CD?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I imagine not very. There are Genesis emulators for PC that do Genesis, 32x and SEGA CD games from the same program. The real issue I think is that there isn't enough potential ROI based on the 32x library.