sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Nope, not that Japanese 3DS version. This is a new updated version done by Taxman, the guy who helped update Sonic CD not too long ago.

Tails in Labyrinth Zone

Knuckles in Spring Yard Zone

Here's to hoping the Consoles getting this version of the game. :| 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts

Sonic 1 & Knuckles.

Tails is liable to break Labyrinth Zone with his swimming. 

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#3 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
I like Sega doing stuff like this for rereleases. It adds something new to the gameplay and once again maybe they're making up for that piss poor port we got on the GBA years back.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts

Sonic 1 & Knuckles.

Tails is liable to break Labyrinth Zone with his swimming. 

Soniczero1993
Difficulty on that will go from a 4/5 to 2/5 easily. XD
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Nope, not that Japanese 3DS version.sonictrainer

I am disappoint. :(

Wait, so this is for the reworked iOS port that's coming soon, right? Or is that a stupid question? :P

I like Sega doing stuff like this for rereleases. It adds something new to the gameplay and once again maybe they're making up for that piss poor port we got on the GBA years back.kbaily

They still haven't fully redeemed themselves for that travesty and I'm not sure they ever will. :lol:

I was a sucker and paid the $20 at release despite seeing the negative reviews beforehand.

Pro: I still have my copy and should be able to get most of my money back when I sell it on eBay. :P

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Been playing the hell outta this on Android, it is incredible. Audio is completely remastered, abandoning the way the originals processed audio, widescreen - as you can all see - lets you see more of what's around you just like in Sonic CD Remaster, none of that stretched screen or black bars on the sides, FULL 60fps 100% of the time (even when rings are dropped), Special Stages are now very fluid, Sonic Alone, Sonic & Tails, Tails Alone, Knuckles Alone, JP & EU effects like wavy water and rolling clouds, increbily beautiful yet simple UI for main menus, time attack, pause menu, that lets you customize your cartridge and boxart to your region of choice, and it's only like 3 bucks. Buy it.
Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

Been playing the hell outta this on Android, it is incredible. Audio is completely remastered, abandoning the way the originals processed audio, widescreen - as you can all see - lets you see more of what's around you just like in Sonic CD Remaster, none of that stretched screen or black bars on the sides, FULL 60fps 100% of the time (even when rings are dropped), Special Stages are now very fluid, Sonic Alone, Sonic & Tails, Tails Alone, Knuckles Alone, JP & EU effects like wavy water and rolling clouds, increbily beautiful yet simple UI for main menus, time attack, pause menu, that lets you customize your cartridge and boxart to your region of choice, and it's only like 3 bucks. Buy it.DocEggmanNega

Nice. :D Now if only I had a compatible device I could actually play this on... :roll:

(BTW, you owned that run-on sentence. Commas FTW. Periods are overrated.)

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Tails in Sonic the Hedgehog

Apparently, the Title Screen will also change when you use Tails and Knuckles. 

Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Soniczero1993

Hey, that's pretty badass.

WAIT A MINUTE WHY IS TAILS' NICKNAME IN FRONT OF MILES!? THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE! /fanrage 

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DocEggmanNega
Yep, even Sonic and Tails both come out of the ring in Sonic+Tails mode. Like I said guys, buy it if you can, they spared no expense. This is the definitive version of Sonic 1.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Soniczero1993
Yeah, despite how many consoles and other devices this game is on (and the fact the only one with a spin dash was terrible), this is THE Sonic 1 experience.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DocEggmanNega
Let's not forget Sonic Jam had Sonic 1 with a spindash. Not that anyone played that. Also featured easy amd hard versions of the games, though cheaply designed if I recall correctly.