ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
You've been here before, been among the members, likely seen that this place has over 2,000 members (and about 1% of those are active, not a bad amount really), and still had noJust that some of his clue this many people cared about Sonic? :Pmariostar0001
Just that most of his newer games are just TERRIBLE I thought that the fanbase would be wiped out. But I guess there will always be blind Sonic fanboys.....
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
But I guess there will always be blind Sonic fanboys.....ShadowofSonic
I should caution you not to go about thinking SonicSpot is full of "blind Sonic fanboys." We are, in general, quite critical of just about everything. You just don't notice us because we're not nearly as vocal as the ones that people consider "problem" fans. ;)

Sounds intresting I might not be able to take part in all of the games since I wiped out my Sonic Adventure 2 file but I have Sonic 4 file,Sonic 2 on PSN on VC. I tthink I still own Sonic Advance 2 and 3. The Sonic Gems Collection,Sonic Adventure DX a complete file of Sonic Colors and the original trilogy.

I think I have a camera somewhere around the house.

Also here would be a good challenege. Most Rings in a certain Special Stage in Sonic 2. Sonic only.

chocolate1325
I'm going to be sticking mostly, to the original trilogy, the Adventure games, Heroes, Rush games, and Colors. The less common games I expect to get less submissions on, so they should end up being worth less points, anyhow. If you're wondering why unleashed isn't on that list, it's because of the multiple version issue. While I bet quite a few of us own one or the other, very few likely own both.
NightFox313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#53 NightFox313
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts
Aw sweet! I'm totally doing like a million of these challenges. Hope to see some good competition between us Sonic fans! Nice to see there's a lot of support for these kinds of things; ideas like this are what keeps the series alive!
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
I'm going to be sticking mostly, to the original trilogy, the Adventure games, Heroes, Rush games, and Colors. The less common games I expect to get less submissions on, so they should end up being worth less points, anyhow.sonicphc
That's good, I have most of those. :P I wonder though, will the different versions of Heroes and the Adventure titles (glitches and all) get any extra considerations, or just SonicZero telling us to deal with it? :P
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sonicphc
[QUOTE="sonicphc"]I'm going to be sticking mostly, to the original trilogy, the Adventure games, Heroes, Rush games, and Colors. The less common games I expect to get less submissions on, so they should end up being worth less points, anyhow.mariostar0001
That's good, I have most of those. :P I wonder though, will the different versions of Heroes and the Adventure titles (glitches and all) get any extra considerations, or just SonicZero telling us to deal with it? :P

Cross platform titles will _not_ get special treatment, as indicated by Stage 1-3. I will likely be avoiding the special stages in Heroes, though, for the sake of PS2 users.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mariostar0001
That I am grateful for, even getting those miserable things is a pain, let alone accomplishing anything on them.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ShadowofSonic
That I am grateful for, even getting those miserable things is a pain, let alone accomplishing anything on them.mariostar0001
I wonder why people think that's hard. I have the PS2 version and it was great.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Anyone use the Scoring Sheet yet?

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mariostar0001
I looked at it, but haven't actually used it yet.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#60 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me sonicphc. I think thgat having alternate versions would be a bad idea because of the framerate.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#61 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

I post my results here,correct?

Anyway,I'll attempt the challenge soon.

If you're wondering why unleashed isn't on that list, it's because of the multiple version issue. While I bet quite a few of us own one or the other, very few likely own both.sonicphc
But the PS3 and 360 versions are greatly different from the PS2/Wii versions.Not only do they have different engines,but the levels are greatly different,you may as well call it a new game.

Eggmanland takes the average gamer 1 or more hours to beat on PS3/360,while it may take 7 or more minutes on Wii/PS2.

These challenges are great ideas..I might buy some more Sonic games soon because of them.

Random Thought:Can't people cheat with the Sega Vintage Versions of the classic games save points?

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sonicphc

I post my results here,correct?

SuperSmashBro1
Indeed.

But the PS3 and 360 versions are greatly different from the PS2/Wii versions.Not only do they have different engines,but the levels are greatly different,you may as well call it a new game.

SuperSmashBro1
I know, which is why I'm _not_ likely to do them. Most people don't own two consoles, so they'll only own one version or the other. If I were to pick a challenge for one of them, I know I'd already be excluding half of our members :)

Random Thought:Can't people cheat with the Sega Vintage Versions of the classic games save points?

SuperSmashBro1
You could cheat using just about any device with any kind of "save state" functionality. You're sort of on the honor system here not to. When levels are selected for challenges in games that don't have stage-selects (IE: The classic games), the use of Level Select codes is highly encouraged.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sonicphc
I had some time to kill today. Here's what I've got for 1-1 and 1-2. Sonic Heroes is at home with my younger brother, so I guess I won't be doing 1-3 for now. 1-1: Emerald Hill Act 1 in 27 Seconds1-2: City Escape with 21610 points Remember any and all submissions earn points, whether or not you do better than my records. :) EDIT - The thing in my pictures that identifies them as mine is the box of Vandoren V12 reeds atop the television.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SuperSmashBro1

I have to say,these challenges are great reasons to play these games once more,I haven't played Sonic Heroes since Sonic's 20th Anniversary,and before that,it was easily over a year.

Anyway,I played the Mega Collection version of Sonic 2,and the gamecube versions of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes.I greatly improved over my last score in City Escape,and im not sure what the highest amount of rings I collected in Heroes was before this,since my data got formatted a long time ago.

Emerald Hill Act 1 0:40

City Escape 19420 points

Power Plant 346 rings

The SDTV and the tails doll staring at you identifies the pic as mine.

I'll aim for higher scores later.

Ideas for challenges:

Highest score(or time) in Boss attack mode(whatever it was called) with Sonic in Sonic Adventure.

..and highest score in E.G.G Station Zone(Sonic the Hedgehog 4)

Also,will we do the Mario and Sonic games(best track 100m time) or various Sonic Spin offs,like Sonic the Fighters(Fastest Arcade time?)

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sonicphc

Ideas for challenges:

Highest score(or time) in Boss attack mode(whatever it was called) with Sonic in Sonic Adventure.

SuperSmashBro1
Heh. All of Sonic Adventure's random mingames and bonus modes are giving me lots of challenge ideas. It's a nearly inexhaustible supply ;)

Also,will we do the Mario and Sonic games(best track 100m time) or various Sonic Spin offs,like Sonic the Fighters(Fastest Arcade time?)

SuperSmashBro1
Yes, but they won't appear as frequently as the main series of games. Maybe one every or every other set of challenges.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SuperSmashBro1

Perhaps near the end of November we can have a Modern Sonic Challenge for the PS3/360 version of Sonic Generations,a Classic Sonic Challenge for the 3DS version of Sonic Generations,and a challenge for Mario & Sonic:London 2012,since they all come out in November,and there will be a Sonic game for all 3 consoles and one portable.

Also,I earned 21070 points in City Escape.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mariostar0001
Not everyone buys games as soon as they come out. This is especially the case with the Olympic Games titles, we still haven't had even one person who played the DS version of Olympic Winter games.
When levels are selected for challenges in games that don't have stage-selects (IE: The classic games), the use of Level Select codes is highly encouraged.sonicphc
Not a bad thing, I sort of planned on it anyway. :P Too bad Sonic 2 in Classics Collection lacks that though, the only game in the collection without a level select either by default, or with a code.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 chocolate1325
I have been through the Emerald Hill Zone faster than 27 seconds the quickest for me is 24 seconds but the most I have managed for City Escape is 18,000 with over 300 rings.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SuperSmashBro1

Not everyone buys games as soon as they come out. This is especially the case with the Olympic Games titles, we still haven't had even one person who played the DS version of Olympic Winter games.mariostar0001
True,but these challenges last forever,and I'm sure a lurker out there has it.

*looks around*

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mariostar0001
Lurkers don't participate in anything but polls, thus why they're lurkers.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 sonicphc
I've just realized that, on the Classic Games, you should pause to take the screenshot with Sonic still onscreen (which you can do right after the post starts spinning) to confirm that you didn't use Super Sonic. Granted, using Super Sonic on Emerald Hill 1 should be impossible without cheats, and even if you did I think the time it would take you to gather 50 rings would result in a slower time, but on other levels it will be slightly more important.

I won't be rejecting screenshots without Sonic on screen, persay, because I'd rather encourage participation than be picky about proof, but if it's a close race for first and you manage to suddenly blow the best time away, expect to be questioned how you pulled it off. If you want to eradicate all doubt (because you didn't pause fast enough or whatever) then take a video.

In the future, unless otherwise specified, use of Super Sonic is against the rules. If the level of choice is not accessible from a stage select, as in the classic games, I'll provide a level select cheat. You're expected to use the cheat to save yourself time on replays as well as to help ensure you don't have 7 chaos emeralds when the level starts (as opposed to loading a save in Sonic 3).
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sonicphc
I have been through the Emerald Hill Zone faster than 27 seconds the quickest for me is 24 seconds but the most I have managed for City Escape is 18,000 with over 300 rings.chocolate1325
Do you have pics? I can't just take your word for it, unfortunately.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mariostar0001
I've just realized that, on the Classic Games, you should pause to take the screenshot with Sonic still onscreen (which you can do right after the post starts spinning) to confirm that you didn't use Super Sonic. Granted, using Super Sonic on Emerald Hill 1 should be impossible without cheats, and even if you did I think the time it would take you to gather 50 rings would result in a slower time, but on other levels it will be slightly more important.sonicphc
Problem is, I'm fairly certain you lose Super ability immediately upon hitting the goal in Sonic 2, and I know immediately upon beating the boss in Sonic 3.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 chocolate1325
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]I have been through the Emerald Hill Zone faster than 27 seconds the quickest for me is 24 seconds but the most I have managed for City Escape is 18,000 with over 300 rings.sonicphc
Do you have pics? I can't just take your word for it, unfortunately.

I will try to get a screenshot tomorrow.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ShadowofSonic
Pictures are WAY to easy to fake. Photoshop anyone?
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mariostar0001
Then we might as well forget the whole thing. You've got to have some trust, or you get nowhere.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ShadowofSonic
I suppose.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 sonicphc
Pictures are WAY to easy to fake. Photoshop anyone?ShadowofSonic
I fail to see a reason why anyone would want to cheat this. I mean, heck, there's no prize - just bragging rights. Also, pictures of a television with a digital camera are quite hard to photoshop without leaving rather obvious pixel artifacts. You'd probably spend less time just playing the stage over a couple hundred times for a better score/time than you would fine-tuning every pixel to try and deceive us. Everyone's on the honor system here. It's all just for fun, as well as an excuse to go back and play the older games again.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mariostar0001
as well as an excuse to go back and play the older games again.sonicphc
Not that I needed an excuse to do so anyway, but it helps. :P
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ShadowofSonic
[QUOTE="ShadowofSonic"]Pictures are WAY to easy to fake. Photoshop anyone?sonicphc
Also, pictures of a television with a digital camera are quite hard to photoshop without leaving rather obvious pixel artifacts.

Um......Nevermind.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SuperSmashBro1

*Drinks golden juice*

mmm....

I just earned 444 rings in Power Plant.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 sonicphc

*Drinks golden juice*

mmm....

I just earned 444 rings in Power Plant.

SuperSmashBro1
That's... a lot of rings... O_O
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#83 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
That is a lot of rings! O_O
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 chocolate1325
A hell of alot of rings.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ShadowofSonic
A crap load of rings!
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mariostar0001
For the record, using (debatable) profanity in your sentence gives it no more meaning than it had before. "load" and "crap load" mean the exact same thing, one just sounds different (arguably worse).
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#87 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts
Not everyone buys games as soon as they come out. This is especially the case with the Olympic Games titles, we still haven't had even one person who played the DS version of Olympic Winter games.mariostar0001
Actually, I own the DS version.
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mariostar0001
All right, care to review it and submit a review for it here?
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

All right, care to review it and submit a review for it here?mariostar0001

If you do review it, let me know so I can make a review box for it.

BTW, I just came up a with a Challenge Idea.

The Hills have Lives: Play any level that has the word "Hill" in its name, try to get all the Extra Life Monitors, and finish the level with the fastest time.

Note: You can't finish the level with more than 99 Rings.

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sonicphc

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]All right, care to review it and submit a review for it here?sonictrainer

The Hills have Lives: Play any level that has the word "Hill" in its name, try to get all the Extra Life Monitors, and finish the level with the fastest time.

Heh. The Hills have Lives. I like it. I'd have to take some time to play through and figure out what level would work best for it.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ShadowofSonic
[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]All right, care to review it and submit a review for it here?sonicphc

Heh. The Hills have Lives. I like it. I'd have to take some time to play through and figure out what level would work best for it.

Nice title. :P
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts
All right, care to review it and submit a review for it here?mariostar0001
I guess I could, if I can find where it is. My brother probably has it.
Soniczero1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Soniczero1993
Member since 2005 • 35070 Posts
How would we know you didn't cheat and get 100 rings for the life and then run into someone to drop them?
srbrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 srbrans
Member since 2005 • 731 Posts
Delayed because I was finding a way around control problems with Heroes. PS2 version is not involved fyi. You know, I thought I wasn't going to be able to get a Heroes submission at first, and City Escape depended on luck in 2 or 3 areas. Dunno if that's because of the GC version. Also I think I forgot what my name is... Emerald Hill, 26 secondsCity Escape, 21770 pointsPower Plant, ONE RING
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mariostar0001
How would we know you didn't cheat and get 100 rings for the life and then run into someone to drop them?Soniczero1993
All right, who's that desperate to complete a challenge? :P
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 sonicphc
Submissionssrbrans
KITTIES! :D
mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mariostar0001
Yeah, cats. :P I might have some, eventually. Requires getting the PS2 out though, as I recalled that I can't use my DSi as a camera and play Classic Collection on it at the same time... :P
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#98 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
The cat must have been impressed by your record. :P
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#99 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
I have done 1-1 and 1-2 with some impressive results, with pics, but because of my stupid computer (it lacks an SD card) and my stupid camera (the special USB with the mini-A) I can't upload it through my own computer. So I'll hopefully do 1-3, and upload evidence of all my results on Saturday, which I have off from work.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 sonicphc
359 rings on Power Plant for me, apparently. No reeds in the photo because I had my little brother take it from back home, and all the reeds are up here with my Clarinet. :)