Rumor: Sonic and SEGA All-Stars title in the works for Wii U,3DS,Vita.

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts

From nintendoeverything:

An anonymous tipster speaking with The Sonic Stadium claims that Sumo Digital is developing a new Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing game for Wii U, 3DS, and Vita.

This is the second Sonic-related project rumored to be in the works for Wii U. TSSZ News reported last year that SEGA would be bringing Sonic Dimensions to the new console.

A Sumo employee supposedly said the following about the new Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing title:

"Now working on another title for Sega on 3DS, VITA and WiiU. [The] title we are working on is top secret but the last game we did for them was Sonic And Sega All-Star Racing, so the logical conclusion would be… "

The Sonic Stadium states they have verified the legitamacy of the discussion and the Sumo Digital source.

One would think that this project would have to be Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 2. The Sumo staffer apparently said that the company won't be doing any further work on the first game, so a remixed version of the original specifically made for Wii U, 3DS, and Vita is unlikely.

DISCUSS.

I predict it will be...a golfing game.  

kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#2 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
Well personally I'd like them to do Sonic and Sega All Stars Brawl I mean seriously why HASN'T Sega done a crossover fighter with their roster? Seriously as popular as Smash Bros. is, I'm rather amazed more knockoffs of the formula don't exist. I mean we have a lot of crossover fighters these days and God knows there's Sonic fans dying for a Sonic Battle follow up. I mean Sega can make a good fighting game. Look at Virtua Fighter and Power Stone.
barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Racing, Fighting, RPG, whatever. So long as it's a good game, and I have a console to play it on.
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Hmm. I'm going to go with... Sonic and Sega All-Stars Shuffle! Because I would love a Sonic Shuffle that my friends could be talked into playing...
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 macrules_640
Member since 2004 • 90033 Posts
Looking forward to anymore information they may have on this game. :D
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperSmashBro1
Whatever it is,I hope they get Mario in this time.The thought went through their minds last time...but then Sega said no.
white_kunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 white_kunoichi
Member since 2010 • 4741 Posts
I'm hoping a ported Sonic Generations on the Wii U but maybe not. We never know really.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 macrules_640
It would be nice to see Mario in a racing game with Sonic. :P
kbaily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 138

#9 kbaily
Member since 2007 • 13042 Posts
If they make a Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing follow up, I wouldnt' mind that either. That one had a lot of potential. The big things were, expand on the roster more, improve the online and battle modes, maybe take a cue from Mario Kart and let players choose vehicles for for their racers as well as get a bit more variety in the stages instead of 3 similarly themed ones. Like in instead of 3 Seaside Hills, explore more into the other characters worlds.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 macrules_640
Or maybe let Nintendo help them publish the game since they have lots of experience doing kart racers. :P
zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts
It could be some special edition version or something, seeing as the 3 mentioned platforms have not recieved the game.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 macrules_640
You'd think they would have released it for the Wii since party games like that tend to sell better.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#13 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Well personally I'd like them to do Sonic and Sega All Stars Brawl I mean seriously why HASN'T Sega done a crossover fighter with their roster? Seriously as popular as Smash Bros. is, I'm rather amazed more knockoffs of the formula don't exist. I mean we have a lot of crossover fighters these days and God knows there's Sonic fans dying for a Sonic Battle follow up. I mean Sega can make a good fighting game. Look at Virtua Fighter and Power Stone.kbaily

Yeah, same here. I would love to see Sega make their own version of Super Smash Bros. A fighting game like that would serve a great alternative to the SSB series, much like how Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing did for Mario Kart.
SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SuperSmashBro1

Adding more to the rumor...

Publisher Sega will release a sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing this holiday season, Kotaku has learned.

Toys associated with the franchise were displayed in a booth at the Toy Fair in New York this Sunday, where an attendant confirmed that Sega is making a sequel to the franchise-crossing kart racing game. There will be new characters and vehicles revealed later this year.

barren167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 barren167
Member since 2011 • 2606 Posts
Fascinating. I wonder at the consoles for the title, but I always wonder that.
macrules_640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 macrules_640
Seems interesting so far, so I'll keep my eyes on it.