Do you still have your Dreamcast hooked up?

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DocEggmanNega
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
I have mine hooked up in my room displaying on 2 spare TVs in my bedroom. It looks too crappy to be on the bigger TV in my room. Especially since I can play (graphically improved, yes!) Dreamcast ports like SA1/2 with Component quality instead of using those crappy RCA (composite was it?) cables. But I still enjoy some occasional nostalgia. Dreamcast was Sonic's first (real) leap into 3D Adventure. (although not the kind of leap I'd choose... and 3D Blast wasn't even what I'd call a Sonic game, nor did it make good use of polygons aside from SPecial Stages in the Saturn/PC versions)
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 sonicphc
Member since 2005 • 7779 Posts
Yes, I do. Games I play vary. SA2 mostly, but I still play chu chu rocket too, mostly because I still haven't finished the ;last 2 puzzles.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DocEggmanNega
Yes, I do. Games I play vary. SA2 mostly, but I still play chu chu rocket too, mostly because I still haven't finished the ;last 2 puzzles.sonicphc
Hey, how do you hook that thing up to the internet? I've got cable internet service, a working spare modem that can use the cable and the phone line, and a telephone cord, and a regular cable. Do I have everything I need to get it online? (SA probably won't do anything, though, right? :( )
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sonicphc
Mine was online for a time, but for the most part all online DC services are shut down. If you have the browser, I think it'll still function, but why needlessly tie up your phone line?
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DocEggmanNega

Ah, so it ties up your phone line.

And why use it to browse the web when you have a Wii and PC to do that with?

Avatar image for -SpikyBlueHero-
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 -SpikyBlueHero-
Member since 2007 • 2176 Posts

*sigh* Sadly, mine lies lonely in the attic. Haven't played it in around five months or so. That should change this summer, however... Samba de Amigo daily routine, y'all!

Greatness86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Greatness86
Member since 2006 • 2311 Posts
I got rid of my Dreamcast a few months after I bought my Gamecube. Since SA, SA2, and Phantasy Star Online were being ported to Gamecube and upgraded with extras, I had no reason to keep it.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DocEggmanNega

I have no good reason to keep mine, either.

*sigh* Sadly, mine lies lonely in the attic. Haven't played it in around five months or so. That should change this summer, however... Samba de Amigo daily routine, y'all!

-SpikyBlueHero-
It's coming to the Wii also, but it's a whole new game.
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -SpikyBlueHero-

It's coming to the Wii also, but it's a whole new game.DocEggmanNega

O rly. I had no idea. XP It seems to retain much of what the first game initially had, right down to the song selection. There're some new features, true, but so far, it's looking very loyal to the original and Ver. 2000.

Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to Amigo Wii more than any other game release this year. It'll be quite difficult for Sega to screw up, and that leaves me very optimistic with very few doubts, unlike some other games I know of at the moment. >_>

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DocEggmanNega
I never fell in love with the first, so I can't say I'm highly anticipating the arrival of the new Samba. But I will definitely try it and see if I like the game.
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -SpikyBlueHero-

It's not a legend without the maracas, so if you haven't played it with them, I can understand why you lost interest. If you have, however, and still found it meh, you are not a human being. O_O The next installment should please many, but at the cost of many AA batteries.

BelaidKL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 BelaidKL
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts
I had it tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime back, i remember it but its been a while since ive played it
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DocEggmanNega

It's not a legend without the maracas, so if you haven't played it with them, I can understand why you lost interest. If you have, however, and still found it meh, you are not a human being. O_O The next installment should please many, but at the cost of many AA batteries.

-SpikyBlueHero-
What AA batteries? Who in their right mind wastes AA batteries for their Wii Remotes when you can buy a rechargeable Wii Remote accessory for 20-30 bucks? It lasts alot longer than 30 bucks worth of AA batteries you know.
sbfullmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 sbfullmer
Member since 2004 • 2673 Posts
I never played it, nor bought it, I heard about them long time ago, and I was sort of interesting, but my family pefer playtation than that for christmas. :lol: Sorry...but anyway, that's all I have to say from there.
[QUOTE="-SpikyBlueHero-"]

DocEggmanNega
What AA batteries? Who in their right mind wastes AA batteries for their Wii Remotes when you can buy a rechargeable Wii Remote accessory for 20-30 bucks? It lasts alot longer than 30 bucks worth of AA batteries you know.

Yeah, that's what I did!
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -SpikyBlueHero-

Has Nintendo licensed an official Wiimote battery charger? ...I thought not. And besides, I don't trust third-party accessory manufacturers. >_> Pana-sonic disposable batteries, on the other hand...

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DocEggmanNega

Has Nintendo licensed an official Wiimote battery charger? ...I thought not. And besides, I don't trust third-party accessory manufacturers. >_> Pana-sonic disposable batteries, on the other hand...

-SpikyBlueHero-
Nintendo doesn't have to release an official batery charger. Not buying a Wii Remote battery charger because it isn't Nintendo brand is like not buying ANY batteries for your Wii Remote because NONE of them are Nintendo brand. Batteries are just a source of power. It won't hurt to use rechargeable batteries. Infact, it'll save you some money to buy games with.
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -SpikyBlueHero-

I'm concerned with my Wiimotes getting fried, which has happened to so many other consumers. Also, I've heard that chargers have a propensity to overheat as well. Regular batteries are more low-risk, and where I live, I can purchase an eight-pack of 'em for a buck.

Wiimotes are an expensive investment. Four of them cost around $170, you know. For now, I'll just resort to the traditional power supply, and if I happen to find a good charger for cheap, I'll look into it.

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DocEggmanNega
Okay, then. My Wii Remote charger doesn't overheat or fry anything. So far, the batteries give the right amount of power, since they were designed for the Wii Remots.
sbfullmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 sbfullmer
Member since 2004 • 2673 Posts
Same Here, when I bought the charger.
Sentinus333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Sentinus333
Member since 2007 • 9343 Posts
I would still have it, but there was an 'accident' involving a swimming pool and an idiot friend.
wm161406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wm161406
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
I still got mine hooked up and play it! It especially looks nice on the 32 inch HDTV hehe
-SpikyBlueHero-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -SpikyBlueHero-

Okay, then. My Wii Remote charger doesn't overheat or fry anything. So far, the batteries give the right amount of power, since they were designed for the Wii Remots.DocEggmanNega

I'd hate to prolong the off-topic-ness, but what brand of Wiimote charger did you buy? Nyko?

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DocEggmanNega

I'd hate to prolong the off-topic-ness, but what brand of Wiimote charger did you buy? Nyko?

-SpikyBlueHero-
Yes.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DocEggmanNega
I still got mine hooked up and play it! It especially looks nice on the 32 inch HDTV hehewm161406
You got component cables for it?
wm161406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wm161406

[QUOTE="wm161406"]I still got mine hooked up and play it! It especially looks nice on the 32 inch HDTV heheDocEggmanNega
You got component cables for it?

Nope, always meant to find them when it came out but never did haha

DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DocEggmanNega
Not to insult your taste in good picture quality, but wouldn't the composite (RCA cables) video make the picture look kinda fuzzy on a TV like that?
wm161406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wm161406
haha sorry i got the two confused, i do have the component cables :p
sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sonicphc
Not to insult your taste in good picture quality, but wouldn't the composite (RCA cables) video make the picture look kinda fuzzy on a TV like that?DocEggmanNega
Looks just fine on mine without the component cables.
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DocEggmanNega
[QUOTE="DocEggmanNega"]Not to insult your taste in good picture quality, but wouldn't the composite (RCA cables) video make the picture look kinda fuzzy on a TV like that?sonicphc
Looks just fine on mine without the component cables.

But component cables make picture look a hell of alot better than composite on a 32 inch HDTV like that. Composite = fuzzy on LCD and noticable lines on tube.(mainly the bigger ones) Component = Crystal clear picture on LCD and tube. (LCD is better for other reasons, though)
Jmastab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Jmastab
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
Yeah I still have my Dreamcast hooked up to play the Sonic Adventure titles, the South park games. Sadly I just beat Sonic Adventure 2 about 2 months ago and i have been playing it for around six years.
Suparider695

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suparider695
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

had to get rid of mine......

but I can always use GC for SA

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#32 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

My Dreamcast is hooked up to the TV in my game room along with my import-ready Saturn and model 2 Genesis/Mega Drive

sonicphc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sonicphc
My Dreamcast finally died yesterday... ish. Actually, I know it's a bad power cord, but it's annoying. I don't know if I'm going to get an hour or 5 seconds of gameplay before the system randomly resets itself. Kind of obnoxious...
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DocEggmanNega
My Dreamcast stops reading discs whenever it gets a little dust inside. A good vacuuming to the eye area gets it working again.
Avatar image for child_of_lileth
child_of_lileth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 child_of_lileth
Member since 2007 • 4066 Posts
i still own mine and id still play it, but my dad broke it when i was in high school. so if it does play anythin it will just go to the failure screen and then just do nothin but system errors for a looooooooooong time. its just not worth the effort anymore. but i really miss the games on there. lol
DocEggmanNega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DocEggmanNega
Get a new one off of ebay or something.