raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

May sound as a really stupid question and excuse my ignorance but what happens if I connect the original Xbox I purchased to the net ? will I still find it active for that system ? reason why I ask is because I saw an add from an e-bay seller selling an original Xbox and in the description it said: "ready to play and connect to XBL", something that left me scratching my head.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

It shut down in 2010.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-10-permanently-shuts-down-today/1100-6258121/

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

While the original Xbox is no longer able to connect to Xbox live. It is still possible to play the Original Xbox on-live in 2015. Xlink Kai is a tunneling software that simulates a Local Access Network thus making it possible to play some original Xbox games on-line. Not all original Xbox games are compatible with Xlink Kai. But Multiplayer On-line sessions are still able to happen in 2015. While the official Xbox live support ended for the original Xbox. It is technically possible to still play on-line with Xbox in 2015.

Xlink Kai is the way to go, for a list of original Xbox games and how to connect your Xbox on-line visit the Xlink Kai website. Xbox 360 is also supported by Xlink Kai so when Xbox live no longer supports Xbox 360 you can still play on-line.

Besides Xbox and Xbox 360 other videogame systems are also supported. Good luck with your original Xbox. Happy gaming.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

use to play on xbconnect but its no longer working..

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Megavideogamer: thank you very much for that information, even though I never really planned to play the original Xbox and PS2 online it´s awesome to know that I still can.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Xlink Kai is an awesome program that is worth checking out on a lot of older games.