Kalinim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Kalinim
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

So I have an old Playstation 2 that I've had for awhile. Normally it runs games just fine, but I got a used Kingdom Hearts 2 disk that doesn't seem to be working. I have played it on this playstation before. The disk looks to be in perfect condition, and I tried cleaning it. It does one of two things: either, the disk begins to load, and the playstation logo pops up, then it goes to a black screen and freezes. Or, it starts to load the same way, then goes to the system browser (where you can browse the memory cards) Does anyone have an idea what is up?

(Update: I don't know what I did, but it's working now)

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

test to see if other games work, ps2 is old so it might have issues also do you have ps4 or ps3 you could have bought it for those

Kalinim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Kalinim
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@Celsius765: I tried, all my other games work fine. I have a PS4, but it was a lot more expensive and I'm kinda strapped for cash right now.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@kalinim: I'd save up then you can get the collection with nearly all the games in it

Sahugani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 4

#6 Sahugani
Member since 2016 • 131 Posts

Lol the exact same thing happened to me. I was playing KH2 and my friend tripped on the controller, pulling the ps2 out of the wall and knocking it to the ground. Pretty sure that scratched this disc because it won't read anymore, but other games work fine on it.

The one biggest problem about 5th/6th generations was fragile discs. Depressing to think that they won't work in the far future.