Anyone remember the "Starfighter" series of Star Wars games? How did you like them?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

So, curious as if anyone remembers the "Starfighter" series of Star Wars games. Basically, similar to the Rogue Squadron series, except during TWO of the prequels (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, never made a game for Revenge of the Sith) and were multiplat (except never appeared on Nintendo systems, again, the GameCube had Rogue Squadron to themselves, but it makes me wonder if Lucasarts attempted to port the RS series to PS2... good luck trying not to burst that to flames).

So I ask, how did you like these games? Did you think they were better than RS? WORSE? Good in their own right?

I think they are pretty fun myself. Prefer RS by far though.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

I actually own the first Starfighter but have not played it yet. Another game I got for about $3 and put in the backlog pile. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight and post my initial thoughts.

Rogue Squadron is great though.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Finally played the first few missions last night and thought it was awesome. Similar to Rogue Squadron. Not quite as polished or pretty, but still fun.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@nintendoboy16: The first Starfighter game wasn't all that but Jedi Starfighter was soooooo good, I played the heck out of it back on PS2. I still have my copy in my garage storage and I'm so glad you made this thread because I forgot about it until now. I need to play some retro gaming next week. Between Starfighter games and Rogue Squadron, Rogue Squadron still outranks Starfighter in my opinion but still, both are great games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@davillain- said:

@nintendoboy16: The first Starfighter game wasn't all that but Jedi Starfighter was soooooo good, I played the heck out of it back on PS2. I still have my copy in my garage storage and I'm so glad you made this thread because I forgot about it until now. I need to play some retro gaming next week. Between Starfighter games and Rogue Squadron, Rogue Squadron still outranks Starfighter in my opinion but still, both are great games.

Replayed the game recently, but on PC this time. Still pretty solid, I'd say. Will have to replay Jedi Starfighter (XBOX version).

Fourcade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Fourcade
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

So, curious as if anyone remembers the "Starfighter" series of Star Wars games. Basically, similar to the Rogue Squadron series, except during TWO of the prequels (Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, never made a game for Revenge of the Sith) and were multiplat (except never appeared on Nintendo systems, again, the GameCube had Rogue Squadron to themselves, but it makes me wonder if Lucasarts attempted to port the RS series to PS2... good luck trying not to burst that to flames).

So I ask, how did you like these games? Did you think they were better than RS? WORSE? Good in their own right?

I think they are pretty fun myself. Prefer RS by far though.

Dude, I loved these games! I got them both on PS2, but ended up getting them for the Xbox when I added that console to my collection; I never had a GC but lusted after those RS games, finally got them all once I picked up a cheap Wii a few years back.

But I def think Starfighter series stands on it's own, they may not mean much to casual SW fans but I thought they were awesome, required playing for hardcore SW gamers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58951 Posts

Most of the clone war era games are good.