Why do other countries get punished when they do bad things but not America?

rolaldrigan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 rolaldrigan123
Member since 2018 • 16 Posts

Is it because America is too powerful to be punished? If America was just any other country, would it be punished? Is that one of the reasons why the world is upset because it can't punish it?

When other countries do bad things, they get:

• sanctioned,
  • invaded,
  • their governments toppled,
  • trade embargoes are placed on them,
  • diplomatic ties are cut

etc. etc.

And this goes on until that nation stops doing bad things.... BUT why hasn't the world done the same thing to America when it does bad things?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts
@rolaldrigan123 said:

Is it because America is too powerful to be punished?

Yes.

/end thread

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts
@joebones5000 said:

How do you punish the richest, most powerful, and most influential person in the room? You need him. You can't.

It's same reason why china won't ever get punished for the horrible things they do. Also for most countries money>morals

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

At times it does (see retaliatory tariffs, for example).

If there's any piece of politics that resembles the wild west, it's foreign policy. The law outside of what you and your allies can enforce yourselves is toothless and largely irrelevant, and no one wants to get into a fight that either they can't win or isn't worth the pain of losing.

This is why maintaining strong alliances is so important.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

If there's any piece of politics that resembles the wild west, it's foreign policy. The law outside of what you and your allies can enforce yourselves is toothless and largely irrelevant, and no one wants to get into a fight that either they can't win or isn't worth the pain of losing.

You're feeding the troll man.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

I don't really care about trolls if the conversation is interesting.

You want to tell me that stimulus spending during a recession is bad, but stimulus spending during a growth period is good? You may or may not be trolling, but I'll gladly ask why you think that's sound economic theory. If you are trolling, then perhaps I'll get lucky and someone else from the forum will banter with me on the topic and it will cease to be a troll thread.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@n64dd said:
@mattbbpl said:

I don't really care about trolls if the conversation is interesting.

You want to tell me that stimulus spending during a recession is bad, but stimulus spending during a growth period is good? You may or may not be trolling, but I'll gladly ask why you think that's sound economic theory. If you are trolling, then perhaps I'll get lucky and someone else from the forum will banter with me on the topic and it will cease to be a troll thread.

Fair enough. A lot of shit going on right now is irregular and it should make people feel uncomfortable.

Aloysius1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Aloysius1
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

@rolaldrigan123:

As a permanent member of the UN security council the US can veto anything. Look at the stuff it lets Israel get away with by vetoing any international action against it for the blatant state sponsored murder of the Palestinians.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

The last country that tried it was Japan, and that didn't really work out for them....

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@rolaldrigan123 said:

Is it because America is too powerful to be punished? If America was just any other country, would it be punished? Is that one of the reasons why the world is upset because it can't punish it?

• sanctioned,
  • invaded,

etc. etc.

And this goes on until that nation stops doing bad things.... BUT why hasn't the world done the same thing to America when it does bad things?

No nation is too powerful to be "punished" but considering America is part of the free world coalition, you won´t see allies punish each other.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Money. That an the us has the biggest army.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@rolaldrigan123 said:

• sanctioned,
  • invaded,

etc. etc.

No nation is too powerful to be "punished" but considering America is part of the free world coalition, you won´t see allies punish each other.

trump is ready to punish allies.........unless they pay him personally.