deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

You just let people push you around. Obama let the GOP control the narrative and so is Biden, you let them pass voting laws and draw lines that benefit them, all you do is cry online and let them.

Is the left ever going to grow a pair or will they just let the GOP bully them? You just let Manchin and Sinema hold you up. Get a sack!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts

The left isn't a monolith...

The Online left is extremely vocal against Manchin and Sinema, but they also acknowledge that they are the only thing preventing a majority leader McConnel.

Edit: Was this thread seriously written as a response to me calling you out on your jumping to conclusions in the other thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Maroxad: Get over yourself. Not everything is about you. This is about the left having no guts.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23942 Posts
@thenation said:

@Maroxad: Get over yourself. Not everything is about you. This is about the left having no guts.

The timing seems awfully close to your reply in the other thread, and very similar in tone. And never said it was just about me, but my response to you was most likely the last straw that pushed you into making this thread.

As to answer your question.

Because the left is already extremely fractured, they generally see the best way to get things done is to be a centrist who just isn't the republicans. Refrain from going too far in any direction in an attempt not to risk losing some of your already fragile base.

Of course, when your opposition, assaulted protestors without a warrant, then put them in unmarked vehicles in order to identify them, and then drop them off somewhere. Mere centrism wont go far enough. And that is will spell their doom. Not by doing something reckless, but rather by not being ambitious enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Maroxad: I was going to post this hours ago. I just got busy.

The base isnt fragile, well not in a way. Its just that nobody trusts them Democrats to do anything for the reasons you said. Why be energized for a party that wont do shit?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2145 Posts

I think the reason is that most of the self proclaimed democrats want the same policies as reps, but just play the other side and don't try to actually push for their declared goals, because they know that that way reps will win, so the corpo dems end up getting what they really want while appearing as the good guys.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3872 Posts

The lefts policies are so repulsive to the average citizen they end up getting rejected. After ten months of Biden you are seeing the reaction in the elections results.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@JimB: But didn't republicans just lost Presidency, House and Senate?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

The left aren't doormats, they just play by the rules. When the other team doesn't, it makes it look like they get pushed around.

@JimB said:

The lefts policies are so repulsive to the average citizen they end up getting rejected. After ten months of Biden you are seeing the reaction in the elections results.

False. Majority of the country is in favor of many progressive and democrat-led policies.

Biden sucks though, not the best guy to have in office when you want to get shit done. Doesn't really look good.

I just don't think you should equate the two to each other.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@JimB said:

Nope. Majority of Americans like those policies. Part of the country is too party ingrained to do what's best for America though and believe the lies.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8282 Posts

The prog left getting pissed at Manchin for being a more classic liberal is funny. WV is not putting in a hardcore lefty progressive. The people there don't want that. That's why they support Manchin. You try to push a prog lefty on WV they will flip R.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17865 Posts

Meh. No matter who wins the battle the left always wins the war. Race, religion, sexuality...the only the thing left never gains ground on is guns. Everything else is forever progressing.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@girlusocrazy: Quite frankly, I see many on the very "online left", especially on Twitter, that think "widespread consensus" = "I block everyone who disagrees, now I'm not hearing anyone disagreeing, so there must be widespread consensus."

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Another response thread from TC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@sargentd: Manchin is not a classic liberal, even he said he is a conservative.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

The prog left getting pissed at Manchin for being a more classic liberal is funny. WV is not putting in a hardcore lefty progressive. The people there don't want that. That's why they support Manchin. You try to push a prog lefty on WV they will flip R.

Manchin is not a classic liberal. He's conservative. The majority of the Democratic base is moderate and there some progressives. He's an outlier. Also there are very few liberals. If your definition of liberal is someone wanting to pass legislation for Americans and not just wealthy/corporations then it's time to rethink your stance.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@JimB said:

The lefts policies are so repulsive to the average citizen

This isn't even true, their policies poll higher on average and they nationally get more votes.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@thenation said:

You just let people push you around. Obama let the GOP control the narrative and so is Biden, you let them pass voting laws and draw lines that benefit them, all you do is cry online and let them.

Is the left ever going to grow a pair or will they just let the GOP bully them? You just let Manchin and Sinema hold you up. Get a sack!

Not in the same country mate, are you applying this to me as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@THUMPTABLE: No. just the gutless American faux left.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@thenation said:

Nice response thread.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

The left is already a belligerent and often violent political group bent on forcing everyone to adopt their psychotic worldview. Not surprised to see @TheNation wanting to see the left become more violent.

Satire!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Truth

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Truth

You're on fire this morning. My fave comedian!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Interesting that you play off the truth as comedy to deflect the spotlight and undermine what many have been seeing the last two years.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Telekill

@thenation: Interesting. You play it off as comedy as well to deflect truth.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: Interesting that you play off the truth as comedy to deflect the spotlight and undermine what many have been seeing the last two years.

Since it's not the truth one would think you were putting on a comedy routine because if not, you're lying.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: Actually, it shows the both of you either don't pay attention to what the left has done or you willingly turn a blind eye to it. Neither is good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Telekill: You said no facts. Then there is january 6th, democrats getting death threats and this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/american-republicans-violence-poll-b1949352.html%3Famp

Its laughable you call the left violent, when all evidence points to you.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Are we using Left as synonymous with Democrats? They’re not the same.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@JimB said:

Better watch out, JimB. They'll abduct you from your home at night and force you to watch Critical Race Theory lectures!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@Telekill: And there is the deflection and lies. Good day sir.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mrbojangles25

@Telekill said:

@thenation: Not surprised given that leftist violence is not tracked by the government and other agencies.

What makes you think that not all violence is tracked, left or right?

At the end of the day, between a few dumpster fires, some smashed windows, and a synagogue mass shooting, the various agencies of the US are really only concerned [rightfully] with one of those things due to their limited resources and manpower.

And there's a certain kind of person that commits that crime, and it ain't liberals. So while all crime is tracked, the stats might make it appear that the left isn't being tracked when really they're just not a threat. Not a blip on the radar.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Telekill

@thenation: Lies? Ok... we all know the violence from last year's GF riots. A couple dozen killed and tens of millions in damages.

Go ahead and look... ADL tracked 7 instances of left wing violence during one of the left's most violent summers. So no... when it's blatantly obvious how slanted it is, don't give me your BS.

https://www.adl.org/education-and-resources/resource-knowledge-base/adl-heat-map?s=eyJhcmVhcyI6W10sImlkZW9sb2dpZXMiOlsiTGVmdCBXaW5nIl0sImluY2lkZW50cyI6W10sInllYXIiOlsyMDIwLDIwMjFdLCJ6aXBjb2RlcyI6W119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

@mrbojangles25: He is allergic to facts, he lives in his own bubble.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mrbojangles25

@thenation said:

I just think it's funny that people think the left is this bunch of terrorists lol. It's hilarious. They're doing this with the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, making it out like he was going to die and this kid had no choice but to shoot these people that, as a trend, don't kill anyone at their protests.

But they didn't bring the guns. He did. A kid aligned with the right, crossed city lines (maybe state lines, I can't remember) and brought his gun, probably with intent to use it to defend....property? GTFO, kid wanted to kill some lefties.

It's all a joke and it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@thenation said:

I just think it's funny that people think the left is this bunch of terrorists lol. It's hilarious. They're doing this with the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, making it out like he was going to die and this kid had no choice but to shoot these people that, as a trend, don't kill anyone at their protests.

But they didn't bring the guns. He did. A kid aligned with the right, crossed city lines (maybe state lines, I can't remember) and brought his gun, probably with intent to use it to defend....property? GTFO, kid wanted to kill some lefties.

I guess you didn't see the recent footage of that, did you? The FBI was sitting on top of drone footage that recorded it. You're also trying to attribute guilt to Rittenhouse because he was armed, which is legal in the state of Wisconsin, yet excusing one of his assailants, who was also armed, albeit illegally due to his criminal history. And you're using "aligned with the right" as if that's something dark and nefarious. You can't even discuss this topic in an honest manner, perhaps that's why so few people trust those of you on the left?

Maybe you should GTFO with that?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mrbojangles25
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@thenation said:

I guess you didn't see the recent footage of that, did you? The FBI was sitting on top of drone footage that recorded it. You're also trying to attribute guilt to Rittenhouse because he was armed, which is legal in the state of Wisconsin, yet excusing one of his assailants, who was also armed, albeit illegally due to his criminal history. You can't even discuss this topic in an honest manner, perhaps that's why so few people trust those of you on the left?

OK...and? Whole incident would have been avoided if this kid just stayed home. People would be alive today if he didn't do what he did. Had no business being there, I don't care if his dad lived in town, his dad wasn't being threatened.

The only question at this point is whether he did this with intent to do harm. We shall see I guess.

*and for the record I don't care if people are armed or not, I don't have issues with guns. I have issues with people.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eoten
@mrbojangles25 said:
@eoten said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@thenation said:

I guess you didn't see the recent footage of that, did you? The FBI was sitting on top of drone footage that recorded it. You're also trying to attribute guilt to Rittenhouse because he was armed, which is legal in the state of Wisconsin, yet excusing one of his assailants, who was also armed, albeit illegally due to his criminal history. You can't even discuss this topic in an honest manner, perhaps that's why so few people trust those of you on the left?

OK...and? Whole incident would have been avoided if this kid just stayed home. People would be alive today if he didn't do what he did. Had no business being there, I don't care if his dad lived in town, his dad wasn't being threatened.

The only question at this point is whether he did this with intent to do harm. We shall see I guess.

*and for the record I don't care if people are armed or not, I don't have issues with guns. I have issues with people.

The whole incident would have been avoided if three douche nozzles didn't attack him. The whole incident could have been avoided if the left and media weren't encouraging those riots all summer long. None of the people had any business being there or doing what they were doing. That doesn't mean those dipshits have a right to attack someone. Like good fucking grief dude, you're trying to act like Rosenbaum had some kind of constitutional right to physically assault someone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mrbojangles25

@eoten: For the sake of us not going in a circle with the whole "He started it!" bit, we will have to agree to disagree. I say it could have been avoided if an armed kid didn't show up threatening peoples' lives, you say it could have been avoided if people didn't attack him.

To be clear, however, I'm not saying one side is good and one side is bad. They both fucked up. The question, as I said earlier, is whether or not Rittenhouse intended to hurt people.

Both sides are guilty as far as I can tell, to one degree or another.

Hopefully we can both agree that people didn't need to die.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Eoten

@mrbojangles25 said:

@eoten: For the sake of us not going in a circle with the whole "He started it!" bit, we will have to agree to disagree. I say it could have been avoided if an armed kid didn't show up threatening peoples' lives, you say it could have been avoided if people didn't attack him.

To be clear, however, I'm not saying one side is good and one side is bad. They both fucked up. The question, as I said earlier, is whether or not Rittenhouse intended to hurt people.

Both sides are guilty as far as I can tell, to one degree or another.

Hopefully we can both agree that people didn't need to die.

It doesn't matter what you think could happen or should of, or who should do what. What matters is the law. Did Rittenhouse have a right to be where he was? Yes. Did Rosenbaum have a right to attack him? No. Case closed. You might try to actually watch some of the statements and listen to some of the witnesses in the trial actually going on before you decide to parrot what you heard on NBC.

There is no way to justify what Rosenbaum did. He made the decision to attack someone and he paid the price for it. He isn't a victim, nor is Rittenhouse a murderer for doing what was within his legal rights to do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LJS9502_basic

@eoten: Case is just up for trial now and you act like you have all the information.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Rittenhouse is a moronic twat.

If you willingly walk into a situation that is very obviously at a boiling point of passion, introducing a weapon of deadly effect, “he had the right” is no valid defense. Rights speak on nothing to the discretion or prudence of the actions under which they are taken, and such an excuse examines absolutely nothing about the justifications of those actions….it simply hides their stupidity behind a right, because aside from such reasoning, there is no other. When you have to resort to such an excuse, it’s precisely because such imbecility of choice cannot be defended on any other grounds.

How about common sense? What was this kid intending to do by introducing such a thing as an assault rifle into a situation where tempers were flaring? Did he honestly believe he was going to use it? No, the dipshit wanted to simply live out his pathetic John Wick fantasies. Something to give him an excuse to finally be able to use that tactical gear he’s been accumulating for months off Amazon so he could look cool and tough. Wanting to be the big man with a gun.

.…..and people ended up dead. What a fucking idiot.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:

@eoten: Case is just up for trial now and you act like you have all the information.

I sure as shit have more information than you have. You clearly haven't been listening to arguments, or seen any of the new evidence brought up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Eoten hijacking a thread with unrelated BS? SHOCKER!