White nationalists terrorize Houston Book Fair.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Source: RawStory

Reminder: Trump finds these kind of folks "very fine people" while people like the NFL are "sons of b****es" and Puerto Ricans "incompetent" in their time of need.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

Reminder: Trump finds these kind of folks "very fine people" while people like the NFL are "sons of b****es" and Puerto Ricans "incompetent" in their time of need.

... Where did Trump say he supports violent Neo Nazi groups?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoboy16

@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

See: Charlottesville and his response, garnering criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

See: Charlottesville and his response, garnering criticism from Democrats and Republicans alike.

Uh you do know he clarified after that statement that he did not support Neo Nazi's and he specifically called them out as hateful violent people.. The biggest thing you can say is he was stupid/incompetent for not making that clarification to begin with.. Even in his first statement he specifically called out the violent people, which these guys would fall under, so yet again.. Where did Trump say he supports violent Nazi groups?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nintendoboy16

@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Uh you do know he clarified after that statement that he did not support Neo Nazi's and he specifically called them out as hateful violent people.. The biggest thing you can say is he was stupid/incompetent for not making that clarification to begin with.. Even in his first statement he specifically called out the violent people, which these guys would fall under, so yet again.. Where did Trump say he supports violent Nazi groups?

Except he half-assed that too and it still sparked the same criticism from the left and right. It may not be admitting to "support", but it does make his stances freaking questionable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Except he half-assed that too and it still sparked the same criticism from the left and right. It may not be admitting to "support", but it does make his stances freaking questionable.

So we are at a agreement that you can't say that he supports these people..

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Way to go TC.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

lol. A thread where Trump supporters pretend that Trump doesn't love white supremacists.

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

i know trump bashed illegal immigration, but i never heard him say white people are better than all other races. The left wing in the west has become so dishonest.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

When will trump come out and call these guys terrorists. Oh wait they are part of his base

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

That is not what he said and also you seem to forget that his daughter and son-in-law is jewish.

But nice try and im sure the usual far-left gamespotters will jump on this.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

That is not what he said and also you seem to forget that his daughter and son-in-law is jewish.

This is the equivalent of saying, "I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

@deactivated-59d151f079814 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

So we are at a agreement that you can't say that he supports these people..

Going back to the original comment, where did the OP state that Trump supported these people?

You read into comments way too much.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Not really

But you already knew that. And as to Trump he is no more a racist than Clinton will ever be elected president.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Very fine people is definitely a descriptor he said. Stop lying.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic

@jorzorz said:

i know trump bashed illegal immigration, but i never heard him say white people are better than all other races. The left wing in the west has become so dishonest.

But his policies are against minorities and he was sued by the feds twice for racial discrimination. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.............it's a duck dude.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

When you have no leg to stand on you claim racism.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@drunk_pi said:
@Jacanuk said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I think SNL's Pete Davidson has a better one:

Loading Video...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@nintendoboy16: You and everyone else who keeps using those lines are making yourselves look like idiots. "Very fine people" referred to the ones there to protest the removal of the statue. I'm pretty sure Trump clarified that but you might have had your hands over your ears. There's plenty to criticize about Trump without having to make up stuff or twist his words. He also sad there were very bad people on both sides and got slammed for it, when in reality, there definitely were. But then people slam him because that's "equating" the 2 main groups fighting as the same. One group uses violence, one group uses words(hateful ones)(they are cowards and always have been). I don't agree with the "son's of bitches" comment at all, but after listening to it, I don't think it was said to be taken literally, but still stupid either way. The Puerto Rico thing was in response to the idiot mayor there... Trump has a way of lowing himself to others for some reason. Another stupid tweet. It was a slap in the face though when all those troops are there helping and he just lifted the Jones Act. Side note, Puerto Rico needs to become a state. Same with Guam. They'll both have voting rights that way also.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@deactivated-59d151f079814: He didn't. He could say the newspaper is read everyday and people would criticize him for saying the newspaper is red, when it's clearly black and white. It's really starting to show how desperate people are to find some fault with him, which is strange, because there are many. He has good traits that I prefer over the typical political president also. But for some reason people want him to fall, which means America falls, because impeachment is near impossible.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@Mercenary848: All 5000 KKK members lol. Yeah I'm sure that's a huge concern of his. He's called them out several times emphatically. I haven't heard him call them terrorist yet, but has definitely condemned them. Most of those 5000 are in a few states also, which he'd win anyways... So again, I doubt he's concerned with losing their vote for re-election.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@nintendoboy16: You and everyone else who keeps using those lines are making yourselves look like idiots. "Very fine people" referred to the ones there to protest the removal of the statue. I'm pretty sure Trump clarified that but you might have had your hands over your ears. There's plenty to criticize about Trump without having to make up stuff or twist his words. He also sad there were very bad people on both sides and got slammed for it, when in reality, there definitely were. But then people slam him because that's "equating" the 2 main groups fighting as the same. One group uses violence, one group uses words(hateful ones)(they are cowards and always have been). I don't agree with the "son's of bitches" comment at all, but after listening to it, I don't think it was said to be taken literally, but still stupid either way. The Puerto Rico thing was in response to the idiot mayor there... Trump has a way of lowing himself to others for some reason. Another stupid tweet. It was a slap in the face though when all those troops are there helping and he just lifted the Jones Act. Side note, Puerto Rico needs to become a state. Same with Guam. They'll both have voting rights that way also.

Dude they were white supremacists using the removal as a vehicle to spew hate. There were no very fine people there but the fact that you fell for it shows how little trump people want to see reality.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Jeeze, some of you are so warped and cling to this idea that the right have this inherent noble quality that you defend white nationalists and neo nazi....

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: You'd have to be extremely naive to think the president would publicly praise a hate group, even on Trump's level of intelligence. It was a slip up of the right words to use with bad clarification, until later when it was all over the news and professional newscasters were literally crying over the comment. He made it clear who he was referring to. Was he lying? Who knows. I see no reason why he would like neo-nazis, or white supremacists. What still gets me are these people had been granted a legal permit. I disagree 100% with their message, but I disagree with many protest or rallys. I normally just ignore them. They are like pep rallies in high school before a football game. The people were all talk, and showing off their guns(legally). They are cowards and should be ignored. Antifa and local residents best move would have been to give them no attention, so they received no media publicity, which they wanted. Instead some(antifa) used violence and counter protested illegally. As you always mention, everyone has freedom of speech, if done legally. So do these scum. Violence against them will just make them stronger. Getting back to the prez, you can't convince me or anyone with common sense that he's a Nazi(yes people on CNN literally call him that and think that).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

There’s nothing the reich wing hates more than education and books since knowledge so easily disproves everything about their failed and hateful ideology.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: You'd have to be extremely naive to think the president would publicly praise a hate group, even on Trump's level of intelligence. It was a slip up of the right words to use with bad clarification, until later when it was all over the news and professional newscasters were literally crying over the comment. He made it clear who he was referring to. Was he lying? Who knows. I see no reason why he would like neo-nazis, or white supremacists. What still gets me are these people had been granted a legal permit. I disagree 100% with their message, but I disagree with many protest or rallys. I normally just ignore them. They are like pep rallies in high school before a football game. The people were all talk, and showing off their guns(legally). They are cowards and should be ignored. Antifa and local residents best move would have been to give them no attention, so they received no media publicity, which they wanted. Instead some(antifa) used violence and counter protested illegally. As you always mention, everyone has freedom of speech, if done legally. So do these scum. Violence against them will just make them stronger. Getting back to the prez, you can't convince me or anyone with common sense that he's a Nazi(yes people on CNN literally call him that and think that).

And yet he did. And more than once.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

If he's a Nazi why isn't he the leader of Germany?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Germany doesn't allow Nazis now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

It's illegal to make a nazi salute in that country, but they have a signficant proportion of ultranationalists, antif foreigners, and neo-nazi supporters. Like much of europe to be honest.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: Seriously... You're only kidding yourself. You obviously never met a racist. He's a lot of things but he's not that. I think we are all guilty of stereotyping to some degree. You know the saying "hate the sin, not the sinner?" Well as much as I despise a racist's message and views(I don't really understand how they can think that way either), I don't hate the person. CNN had someone on there that was raised to be racist and was part of the KKK. He changed his views later on in life and saw the good in ALL people. It's getting really old trying to twist words without reading the whole sentence or paragragh to get the meaning. Even during his campaign, he said something along the lines of "there's some bad hombres crossing the border". "Bad hombres" is a famous line from a movie. Hispanics on CNN were flipping out over it like he just said the N word. It literally means "man or guy". The point is that people are way too touchy. If he addresses the nation, I'd prefer he use his own words, some scripted, some not, than someone else words on a teleprompter. Mistakes or misinterpretations are bound to happen and that's ok. They can be clarified. Would love to see where you think Trump said he's a racist, or anything even remotely close to that.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JoshRMeyer

@n64dd: FYI, Nazis weren't exclusive to Germany. It's illegal to name your child Adolf there too lol... But good for them... That was a horrible time period and should be remembered as such. I truly believe the majority of "Nazis" today don't sincerely believe in it. They want to be part of something. I remember in Junior high this kid though he was so cool acting like he liked Nazis and Hitler... I guess that's more about being a rebel.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@joshrmeyer said:

@n64dd: FYI, Nazis weren't exclusive to Germany. It's illegal to name your child Adolf there too lol... But good for them... That was a horrible time period and should be remembered as such. I truly believe the majority of "Nazis" today don't sincerely believe in it. They want to be part of something. I remember in Junior high this kid though he was so cool acting like he liked Nazis and Hitler... I guess that's more about being a rebel.

Nazi Party was German Brah. The closest thing you have that was not in Germany was the German Bund.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jacanuk

@sonicare said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@joshrmeyer said:

It's illegal to make a nazi salute in that country, but they have a signficant proportion of ultranationalists, antif foreigners, and neo-nazi supporters. Like much of europe to be honest.

Actually Germany have a higher concentration of neo-nazis especially in the east.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: Seriously... You're only kidding yourself. You obviously never met a racist. He's a lot of things but he's not that. I think we are all guilty of stereotyping to some degree. You know the saying "hate the sin, not the sinner?" Well as much as I despise a racist's message and views(I don't really understand how they can think that way either), I don't hate the person. CNN had someone on there that was raised to be racist and was part of the KKK. He changed his views later on in life and saw the good in ALL people. It's getting really old trying to twist words without reading the whole sentence or paragragh to get the meaning. Even during his campaign, he said something along the lines of "there's some bad hombres crossing the border". "Bad hombres" is a famous line from a movie. Hispanics on CNN were flipping out over it like he just said the N word. It literally means "man or guy". The point is that people are way too touchy. If he addresses the nation, I'd prefer he use his own words, some scripted, some not, than someone else words on a teleprompter. Mistakes or misinterpretations are bound to happen and that's ok. They can be clarified. Would love to see where you think Trump said he's a racist, or anything even remotely close to that.

See it's more that you're kidding themselves. His words and actions say you're wrong. But it's pointless trying to talk with you about it because you don't believe the reality. And there is no one racism fits all. People can and do display racism differently. I'm not sure why you're getting so melodramatic about sins and sinners. One can feel a person is unqualified for the job with hating them. I also don't care about the redemption of some anonymous white supremacist. That's not important in the context of this discussion. Those people marching in Charlottesville were all chanting hate messages. There is no fine there. But you have made up your mind trump belongs in the White House and nothing he does will dissuade you. He was right about one thing..........he COULD shot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose your vote/faith.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: He doesn't belong in the White House. He should have never even been in the running. But "reality" as you say it says he is in the White House. Yeah, it's a job, but it's one that's very very hard to be fired from. I understand the numerous firings(look at Whitehouse) that happen from bad job performance. This doesn't fall into that catagory. I guess I'm trying to accept reality and see some good in this guy, since there really isn't much other choice. Going back to the sinner thing... As a Catholic (you), aren't you taught not to judge? I'm not calling him a racist until he says he's one. But I still can't understand how people think he's one. I've seen racist's, known them, I live in a city full of them, and he isn't even close. We all have different views of different races or cultures. That's human. We all stereotype others to some extent. That's human. Hopefully Trump, with all his flaws, will do some good in his 4 years.

The people in Charlottesville that we're changing hate messages were shown by the media. They didn't happen to show the people who weren't. Whether or not "fine people" were there, I don't know. I wasn't there and would think the prez has more info than me. If he really was talking about the people there that weren't in that group you're referring to and we're there to protest the removal of a Robert E Lee statue, then maybe he was right. If he says that's who he was referring to, then why would I say hes lying? He's called out by name those hate groups. So by his actions, which is what is really telling, what have you seen that would make him racist? (And you either are or aren't)

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JoshRMeyer

@Jacanuk: Well yeah... I'm just saying Nazi doesn't equate to Germany. It's a term that can be used and was used in many countries.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: He doesn't belong in the White House. He should have never even been in the running. But "reality" as you say it says he is in the White House. Yeah, it's a job, but it's one that's very very hard to be fired from. I understand the numerous firings(look at Whitehouse) that happen from bad job performance. This doesn't fall into that catagory. I guess I'm trying to accept reality and see some good in this guy, since there really isn't much other choice. Going back to the sinner thing... As a Catholic (you), aren't you taught not to judge? I'm not calling him a racist until he says he's one. But I still can't understand how people think he's one. I've seen racist's, known them, I live in a city full of them, and he isn't even close. We all have different views of different races or cultures. That's human. We all stereotype others to some extent. That's human. Hopefully Trump, with all his flaws, will do some good in his 4 years.

The people in Charlottesville that we're changing hate messages were shown by the media. They didn't happen to show the people who weren't. Whether or not "fine people" were there, I don't know. I wasn't there and would think the prez has more info than me. If he really was talking about the people there that weren't in that group you're referring to and we're there to protest the removal of a Robert E Lee statue, then maybe he was right. If he says that's who he was referring to, then why would I say hes lying? He's called out by name those hate groups. So by his actions, which is what is really telling, what have you seen that would make him racist? (And you either are or aren't)

Being Catholic in no way means one should accept incompetence in politics. You're conflating two different things here. It also doesn't mean we allow hate to run free. There is nothing non Christian about standing up and telling a racist they are wrong and it's unacceptable. It's a bit naive to excuse racist behavior unless the individual states that is their actions. How can you explain being sued TWICE for racial discrimination? Why do you excuse that? Why do you let him get away with calling white supremacists chanting hate toward different groups as very fine people? Why do you think he tries to distance himself from having to condemn them? There are rumors based on his father being arrested near a KKK rally that his father was a member. Now it can't be proven at this stage but it should give you pause to think. If you wrap yourself up in your religion....Evangelical?.....and let hate continue you are not doing the work of Christ. He spoke out against hate.

Most of the people in Charlottesville were locals that didn't want the hate groups in their city. Yes there were some idiots there....that doesn't mean we condone white supremacists....which trump did. His targets are minorities. He grew up in a wealthy white society and that is what he wants. He doesn't care about anyone else. Why do you think his policies benefit his demographic? You were hoodwinked and you won't open your eyes.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I would recommend that the president's biggest haters concentrate on his very real failures and avoid trying to make things that he did that were misunderstood or done out of ignorance (such as mispronouncing the name of an African country) more than what they really are in an attempt to make him look worse.

The best comparison to the constant exaggeration of his remarks is the story about the boy who cried wolf: Stick to the real issues, such as when he fails to meet a campaign promise or he proposed something that doesn't make sense such as spending billions building a wall, then you can usually build up a case of incompetence that will help make him a one term president. Exaggerate and make up false claims about his intentions and character (cry wolf), and people will get so caught up on the false claims that they totally miss the real issues or even call it fake news.

A huge example is when he said that some illegal immigrants from Mexico were rapists and murderers (most likely a reference to MS-13, even though most of their members are alleged to be from El Salvador). People flipped out and claimed that he was calling ALL Mexicans, regardless of their immigration status or past actions, a bunch of rapists and murderers. Thanks to things like that, whenever he really does say something offensive, people dismiss it as the media being biased in an attempt to get him out of office.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@ad1x2: No that was offensive. But it won't be offensive to his base because they believe that as well.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ad1x2: No that was offensive. But it won't be offensive to his base because they believe that as well.

Regardless of whether or not people were offended (I sure as hell would have never said that), a lot of media outlets made sure to omit his actual comment and paraphrase it in a way so that it seemed like he was talking about all Mexicans, if not all Latinos in general to make him sound worse since apparently saying that some illegal aliens may be rapists and murderers isn't bad enough.

Stuff like that is why Trump can get away with saying "fake news" all the time, because his biggest critics fail to stick to the facts by crying wolf all the time and end up getting called out for trying to make him look worse. If they keep it up, they're just going to watch him get reelected because the real scandals will just get buried.

People that already hate him (like most people on this board) won't see it and just keep calling Trump supporters dumb or racist. People in the middle that will be the deciding votes are the ones you need to worry about, since they will be the ones seeing the exaggerated stories.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: gonna try to not get religious here but I have to say, Jesus never held rallies or promoted any kind of violence. He actually said him and his followers were no part of this world, meaning they don't get involved. They have faith that He'll correct the problem at the right time. Again first I hate that those white supremacists got their permit to have the rally. They got the police protection, the location, etc. The counter protesters could have made a huge statement by having their own legal rally(which I believe they had a permit for but in a different part of the city). I understand the 1st amendment and can see why they got their permit, even though they are a despicable group to any sane person. But as you always say, they had that right. They should have been ignored. Instead of saying there were good people on both sides, he should have just said(and he did) that there were bad people on both sides. What is 100% true. All this talk, and I have no solution other than to hope and pray for the best. What do you want to accomplish by constantly bashes the President? Does it make you feel better? He's a horrible president... You don't have to preach that lol. Kinda like being stuck with a really bad QB as a wide receiver. It sucks, but you're stuck with it until his time is up. So again, I see 2 options: Continue to bash the president for every little and big thing he says(you have that right), or hope for the best, and pray(since you're religious). If you feel rallies will help(like the DACA thing seemed to do), then do it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: gonna try to not get religious here but I have to say, Jesus never held rallies or promoted any kind of violence. He actually said him and his followers were no part of this world, meaning they don't get involved. They have faith that He'll correct the problem at the right time. Again first I hate that those white supremacists got their permit to have the rally. They got the police protection, the location, etc. The counter protesters could have made a huge statement by having their own legal rally(which I believe they had a permit for but in a different part of the city). I understand the 1st amendment and can see why they got their permit, even though they are a despicable group to any sane person. But as you always say, they had that right. They should have been ignored. Instead of saying there were good people on both sides, he should have just said(and he did) that there were bad people on both sides. What is 100% true. All this talk, and I have no solution other than to hope and pray for the best. What do you want to accomplish by constantly bashes the President? Does it make you feel better? He's a horrible president... You don't have to preach that lol. Kinda like being stuck with a really bad QB as a wide receiver. It sucks, but you're stuck with it until his time is up. So again, I see 2 options: Continue to bash the president for every little and big thing he says(you have that right), or hope for the best, and pray(since you're religious). If you feel rallies will help(like the DACA thing seemed to do), then do it.

Straw man. I haven't called for any violence in my posts either. But by condoning the hate groups in Charlottesville particularly after a death is condoning violence.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JoshRMeyer

@LJS9502_basic: Sick of you throwing the "straw man" thing out there Everytime you can't come up with a response. It's a scapegoat word. He never condoned the hate groups. Did you miss the part where he said there were bad on both sides? Did you miss his clarification to people like you that can't think with common sense on what he meant by "good people on both sides". The death was by basically a kid, that acted on his own. Judging a group by one member? That's like saying all Americans are idiots because Trump's an idiot. Or maybe that's how you think? Or 48% of American voters are idiots because they voted for Trump. As far as I've seen, that muder wasn't something planned out before the kid/young adult arrived. He made a very very stupid decision which he thought was an answer to the counter protesters. I feel bad for the girl and her family, but I'm sure she had to realize being there in a counter protest could be dangerous. Fighting fire with fire gets no where. "Kill" em with kindness. Ignore them and they go home and cry like the babies they are. Keep the cameras off them... Screw ratings for an evening. A protest only works with viewers. If I lived there and they marched by my apt, I would have cranked the stereo up as loud as I could handle and hope the neighbors do the same. I've never understood shouting matches. Again, getting back to the prez.... I think we agree he's an idiot that shouldn't be in office, but nothing I or you can say right now to convince me he's a racist. Not sure where you live, but I live in "white man" county in the South Surrounded by real racists. It's sickening.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: As a Catholic (you), aren't you taught not to judge?

Last i checked the religion as a whole is based on nothing but judgements.

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: I'm not calling him a racist until he says he's one. But I still can't understand how people think he's one. I've seen racist's, known them, I live in a city full of them, and he isn't even close.

I dislike calling people racists because you have to hear quite a bit from them to get an idea of whats in their head and lately a lot of the time we see people labeled as racists for saying a word or even a phrase. But with Trump we've definitely heard and seen enough from him to get a good idea of where he thinks most other races stand in society and their value to. We're not simply working with a couple sentences now, or even the wall idea which was specifically created to garner the support of racists. But we now have actions, inaction's, concerns where there should be none, old lawsuits and legal cases involving Trump, etc. At this point you have to be intentionally ignoring it to not see it and to suggest you need someone to flat out say it is IMO as dishonest as it gets. Most people who are racist don't claim to be and its generally because they rationalize it some how, most neo-Nazis and even the Nazi's didnt think they were racist. You can go to a prison, find a guy with swastika's, "kill all blacks and mexicans" and "white power" tattooed on his face and there is a damn good chance he would not say he is racist or call himself that, rather give you some BS rationale as to why hes not.

I live in the south, you know how many times ive heard things like "Im not racist, i just got robbed by a n**ger once and a mexican beat me up, so i don't like them anymore. But im not racist". Or even how about the "Theres a difference between and black man and a n**ger" bullshit? I hear this quite often, far more than id like to, and no one who says it thinks they are racist or being racist at all, when its impossible to evaluate that statement and not understand that its racist at its very core. So... im just saying, much like people who don't think they are crazy and they are, most people who are racist dont recognize they are.

Trump exhibits every feature of a bigot. He excuses bad actions by his own race while demonizing actions from another race. He demonstrates a complete lack of concern for the well being of areas that are not populated with his own race. He has been taken to court (multiple times i believe and found liable) for racists actions within business and/or housing. He has suggested a wall, which i suspect he would have dropped instantly as most republicans do because they are more often than not smart enough to know its a racist duck call.... but he didnt, which leads me to believe he does think its a good idea. We see him to this day thinking that the NY Park 5 or whatever their name was, is still guilty even after DNA proved them innocent..... this could be due to him simply being stubborn but i also think its safe to say that it seems he would feel differently if they were white. Along side this he went along with the whole "super predator" thing, which was another dog whistle for bigotry. I mean... at this point the list goes on and on and on and i cant think of any reasonable person not acknowledging that this man might not be a KKK member, but he has definitely demonstrated (not said, demonstrated) having major issues with people of other races.

@joshrmeyer said:

@LJS9502_basic: We all have different views of different races or cultures. That's human.

Which is exactly why i refuse to go along with calling people racist who say one thing or even demonstrate some degree of questionable behavior toward other races.... but again, you literally have to ignore this mountain of evidence in front of us in order to suggest we cannot make a determination. This is not some random person on facebook who said something stupid and got fired, this is a man who has been in the spotlight his entire life, has been proud of his past bigotries and happy to repeat them, and is now president. But he literally has to say "im a racist" for it to count? He's basically saying "**** Puerto Rico" right now, but because hes not saying "im racist against puerto ricans", we cant accurately determine his feelings toward them? Or better yet, not even his feelings toward, but the actions or inaction's he is willing to take, toward. We're not talking about giving them a slightly better education, we are talking about human lives and he does not seem to care, in fact he goes out of his way to degrade them and basically blame them.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Stick to the politics man. Leave Jesus out of it. Jesus was ALL about getting involved with the world. Christians are not of this world but we are in it and have been commanded to change it via the love of Christ. Jesus very last words on earth(the Great Commission) verify this.

And he didn't just preach peace. The gospel of Jesus Christ preaches spiritual warfare against those who do not follow his teachings. Matthew 10:34

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@sayyy-gaa: Jesus also told his apostles if a town is not reception to the message to shake the dust of their feet.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@sayyy-gaa: You tell me to leave Jesus out of this, and then you ramble on about him lol. If you read his life on Earth, he never put himself above others or took prestige positions even though he was perfect and could of had it all. The devil was even going to give him all the kingdoms of the world for one act of obedience toward him.(Shows who is controlling this world if he had ownership). He was a lowly carpenter and fisherman. He spent most of his time in synagogues or out preaching/curing etc. He never got involved in politics. He never blessed violence. You may want to look up what spiritual warfare is. The person I was talking to is a religious person, so that's why I brought Jesus into the conversation we were having.