TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/becoming-president-trump-sold-millions-205935557.html

but how is that possible! didnt he pass on all that business working to his kids?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@tryit: Managed by his sons... I'm sure he still needs to sign as owner... Either way, why is this news that matters to anyone? #letitgo

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: Managed by his sons... I'm sure he still needs to sign as owner... Either way, why is this news that matters to anyone? #letitgo

let

what

go?

exactly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@joshrmeyer: LOL

Wasn’t this the kind of stuff Clinton was accused for?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

@joshrmeyer: LOL

Wasn’t this the kind of stuff Clinton was accused for?

it's only corruption when the clintons do it, silly.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@comp_atkins: Eh, I must not understand it all. His kids sold some property he owned... That's wrong? What about his mansion in FL? Is he personally meeting with people for business? Didn't he pretty much separate himself from the company? Like I said, maybe they needed signatures for the sales or something. No idea. Don't really care either way.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@comp_atkins: Eh, I must not understand it all. His kids sold some property he owned... That's wrong? What about his mansion in FL? Is he personally meeting with people for business? Didn't he pretty much separate himself from the company? Like I said, maybe they needed signatures for the sales or something. No idea. Don't really care either way.

wrong or right is not the point.

the point is why did he say he was disconnecting himself from his business when in fact he was not? who did he think would believe that horseshit about his kids? why did he bother with such a hollow gester in the first place?

hand to god I have had multiple Trump supporters tell me 'no need to worry he is removing himself from his business actions' really? 1. why did they think I believe that? 2. did they mean that or just b.sing as usal?

and here is one for you

'if its not a big deal what was it a secret?'

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

it's only corruption when the clintons do it, silly.

It is only corruption when the other party does it, silly.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Trump claims a lot of things that he ended up contradicting later. Dude's dirty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Part time real estate tycoon, part-time president, full-time amateur golfer.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

What's the problem? He personally didn't sell anything...his companies did. They aren't secret deals they are just using LLCs which are perfectly legal and often used.

Even the bs about having a high rate of LLC transactions is explained in the original article....given the negativity around Trump a higher % of people are buying properties from Trump real estate companies using LLC's specifically for the purpose of not having their names associated with Trump.

A Chicago surgeon specifically cites this as his reason and states that many of his surgeon friends have done the same when they bought condos in Vegas.

This is a non story, ffs.

Trump is a moron and a joke, but this a perfect example of the shoddy journalism and hit pieces created ad nauseum by the media that have no reason being printed. The media feeds Trump supporters with these types of easily disproven nonsense. This undercuts real criticism and needs to stop.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Because presidents aren't supposed to be invested in anything but the country. Not their own bank account and if you can't see how that's an issue then there is no hope in showing you....but for most people....that's a red flag.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TryIt

@SUD123456 said:

What's the problem? He personally didn't sell anything...his companies did. They aren't secret deals they are just using LLCs which are perfectly legal and often used.

Even the bs about having a high rate of LLC transactions is explained in the original article....given the negativity around Trump a higher % of people are buying properties from Trump real estate companies using LLC's specifically for the purpose of not having their names associated with Trump.

A Chicago surgeon specifically cites this as his reason and states that many of his surgeon friends have done the same when they bought condos in Vegas.

This is a non story, ffs.

Trump is a moron and a joke, but this a perfect example of the shoddy journalism and hit pieces created ad nauseum by the media that have no reason being printed. The media feeds Trump supporters with these types of easily disproven nonsense. This undercuts real criticism and needs to stop.

the question is not is it a problem or not.

The question is why did he make the hollow gester of separation in the first place and why did the right wing try to tell the left that he would keep his hands off because of it?

its more of a question of double standard and...ummm....bullshiting the other side

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SUD123456

@tryit: WTF are you talking about? If you think he should have literally divested himself of his businesses then that could be a legit concern. However, he didn't and instead he put in place measures of separation, as you put it.

There is zero in this story that he breached/violated, or any other word you want to use, the separation that you speak of.

So wtf are you talking about? Are you suggesting that any Trump businesses cannot actually conduct business while he is President?

Because there is absolutely nothing in this story that involves him doing anything. Not a single decision or action in this piece. When you get beyond the headline...Trump has reportedly etc.....and actually read the article you will realize Trump is not the person, Trump is the company.

So again, wtf is your complaint?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt

@SUD123456 said:

@tryit: WTF are you talking about? If you think he should have literally divested himself of his businesses then that could be a legit concern. However, he didn't and instead he put in place measures of separation, as you put it.

There is zero in this story that he breached/violated, or any other word you want to use, the separation that you speak of.

So wtf are you talking about? Are you suggesting that any Trump businesses cannot actually conduct business while he is President?

Because there is absolutely nothing in this story that involves him doing anything. Not a single decision or action in this piece. When you get beyond the headline...Trump has reportedly etc.....and actually read the article you will realize Trump is not the person, Trump is the company.

So again, wtf is your complaint?

I never said he breached or violated anything.

Its really very simple

Me: 'I am having my sons run the business'

Reporter: 'why are you telling me this?'

Me: 'I dont know, just because its random'?

why did he have his sons run the business? who was he trying to please? and why is selling the property a secret? secrete from who? why?

and why did Cons tell me 'you see Trump is not going to have his hands in his business he is letting his sons run it' why did that Con tell me that?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoshRMeyer

I watched a documentary about the election last night. I'm starting to see why people are still upset over the election results. You'd think a year would be long enough but I guess not. FYI, this is the definition of "fake news". Articles like this just make Trump look smarter everytime he says those two words.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

I watched a documentary about the election last night. I'm starting to see why people are still upset over the election results. You'd think a year would be long enough but I guess not. FYI, this is the definition of "fake news". Articles like this just make Trump look smarter everytime he says those two words.

its ironic how 'fake news' exists 100% because of Regan

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@tryit: I don't know what that means but ok. Fake news is just what it sounds like. And I have no clue who this Regan guy is.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt

@joshrmeyer said:

@tryit: I don't know what that means but ok. Fake news is just what it sounds like. And I have no clue who this Regan guy is.

President Reagan killed the Fairness Doctrine which made it easier for news organizations to obfuscate.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

that makes sense; his shitty work at being a president to 300+ million people and failing at leading the free world is only because he was or is too busy doing the job he did before he was president.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@tryit said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/becoming-president-trump-sold-millions-205935557.html

but how is that possible! didnt he pass on all that business working to his kids?

LOL you are trying to hard.

So Trump´s company sold condos in a property development that was meant to do that?

Did you assume his business would stop working? Or that the rest of the investors would not work on selling them?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SUD123456

@tryit: Are you a troll? Obstinate? Or simply clued out? Those are your options.

There is nothing secret. And the original article explains why at least some people chose to use LLCs.

Why would the scion of a family run business choose to temporarily turn over the running of his business to family members? Seriously, that is your question? A moron could figure out the answer to that question.

Why did he mention this to anyone ever? Gee I dunno. Might it have something to do with people asking legit questions around the potential for conflict of interest.

Everyone, including Trump, agreed there was the potential for actual or perceived conflict of interest, which required a solution. This was his solution. You can criticize the solution, but criticizing him for actually following the solution is asinine. There is precisely zero evidence in this article to suggest he isn't abiding by the solution.

Why wouldn't he just sell the whole thing? Maybe because when you spend a lifetime building something you become attached to it?

Why would a condo company sell condos? LOL

Jesus himself could not save you from this hot mess of logic you have going.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

well, if one of the things he's being accused of is laundering dirty foreign money through his real estate then yeah it is news that matters, whether people are too stupid to care doesn't mean it's not important

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TryIt

@SUD123456 said:

@tryit: Are you a troll? Obstinate? Or simply clued out? Those are your options.

There is nothing secret. And the original article explains why at least some people chose to use LLCs.

Why would the scion of a family run business choose to temporarily turn over the running of his business to family members? Seriously, that is your question? A moron could figure out the answer to that question.

Why did he mention this to anyone ever? Gee I dunno. Might it have something to do with people asking legit questions around the potential for conflict of interest.

Everyone, including Trump, agreed there was the potential for actual or perceived conflict of interest, which required a solution. This was his solution. You can criticize the solution, but criticizing him for actually following the solution is asinine. There is precisely zero evidence in this article to suggest he isn't abiding by the solution.

Why wouldn't he just sell the whole thing? Maybe because when you spend a lifetime building something you become attached to it?

Why would a condo company sell condos? LOL

Jesus himself could not save you from this hot mess of logic you have going.

There are several problems here

1. if it was not a problem why was it a 'secret'?

2. Why does he feel the need to placate to the left just because they are throwing a fit and telling him what he should do? Is a president that weak? is he hoping to get the votes of the left? what power hold does 'the left' have on him that he would make a asinine agreement that he should know everyone on the planet could see right thru (and this was before he really got started as president I might add).

3. who in the $%^&*( did he actually think he was trying to fool by stating 'the sons will run things' really? does he think 'the left' is really that stupid?