Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

"US Jews have got to get it together"

Yup, he said that, again triggering what I think of as the Trump Paradox: saying something that is both totally expected of him yet still unexpected.

----------------------------------

Now, let's try to piece together what Trump was trying to say, and maybe see if we should give him the benefit of the doubt:

Trump was making the argument that US Jews need to be more supportive and appreciative of what Israel is and stands for. Trump, as always, circles around to himself and says "no president has done more for Israel than I have". President Truman might take issue with that...as would Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer. I guess Trump wouldn't mind be lumped together with Democratic Israel supporters in this case?

In contrast, this could also be seen as blatantly anti-Semitic for a few reasons:

First off, there is the generalization that if you are a Jew, you therefore must support Israel.

Second, Jews are people like the rest of us, and therefore have free will and the ability to think critically. They might take issue with Israel on a variety of issues. Maybe they don't like how they treat their neighbors, or maybe they think Jews should be welcome everywhere and having a single country doesn't promote that thought. There's dozens, hundreds, of reasons.

Finally, and perhaps worst of all, it shows that Trump views US Jews as part of "the other". In 2019, when Netanyahu was visiting, Trump called Netanyahu "your minister" in reference to US Jews; this shows that Trump, in my opinion, views Jews as non-Americans, or less than non-Jews...and maybe as people that should leave the country and go to Israel.

Trump is obviously no a religious person, but it's no doubt that he views the US as a white and Christian nation, not one of diversity.

----------------------

Anyway, what say you, Political Gamers?

Was Trump just being blunt and we are taking this out of context? Or is there a deeper meaning behind his words worth looking into?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

They're just going to defend him, they defended worse antisemitism last week.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

In before, 'It's not antisemitic! Show me where he used a slur!!!!!'

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25

@HoolaHoopMan said:

"How is 'all asians are good at math' racist!?"

That's another good one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
@zaryia said:

Yeah, it's almost like why bother making threads anymore. Not going to reach anyone. Echochamber for people that agree, and you can't reason with those that don't agree.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I think white people have to do more. Academia and the democrats at least tell me so.

Is that too much generalization for the privileged, white, cis males? Or do non-marginalized groups don't matter until I push harder on the racism into some historical, game-changing way such as genocide of white people?

How does this hierarchy of oppression work? Please explain.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

If there's no gas chambers it isn't really antisemitic.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@kathaariancode said:

If there's no gas chambers it isn't really antisemitic.

Hey now, Hitler started out small. Don't talk yourself out of anything because it seems to big!

@Gaming-Planet said:

I think white people have to do more. Academia and the democrats at least tell me so.

Is that too much generalization for the privileged, white, cis males? Or do non-marginalized groups don't matter until I push harder on the racism into some historical, game-changing way such as genocide of white people?

How does this hierarchy of oppression work? Please explain.

I don't think there is a hierarchy in any traditional sense, it's more of a pragmatic approach that just has the appearance of being based on blame.

The only appeal is that the people in power or with the most power need to do something about it, and those people just happen to be pretty much all white folks.

People on both sides take it too far and actually do make it into a blame type of deal, and that's wrong, but it is what it is.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@zaryia said:

Yeah, it's almost like why bother making threads anymore. Not going to reach anyone. Echochamber for people that agree, and you can't reason with those that don't agree.

The response last week was, "Sure it's antisemitic, but it's true."

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

@mrbojangles25: idk man, I feel like parts of this board are super delusional towards the right wing. I even had a certain mod lock a thread he didn’t agree with.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

As someone who identifies as being Jewish for this particular thread, I am very offended.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@zaryia said:

This is how leftist got the term " snowflake ". Imagine being offended by this 🤣🤣

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@zaryia said:

This is how leftist got the term " snowflake ". Imagine being offended by this 🤣🤣

Lmao defending antisemitism. In 2022.

You would never dare say what Trump said in the OP over here, because you know you would get permanently ip banned. The fact you know this yet still say "muh snowflake" shows how fake you are.

In fact I'll go ahead and say you're a little scared wuss if you don't repeat what Trump said in another thread in a serious non-quote manner. Go ahead, show how we are snowflakes 😆

@HoolaHoopMan said:

Lmao. Like clockwork the smooth brain defense force showed up and did just what you predicted.

In what planet is,

U.S. Jews have to get their act together

not antisemitic?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@zaryia said:

That is why I like bringing up european politics. They might be more alien to you guys. And thus, it may be a topic you are unfamiliar with and thus increasing the likelyhood you might disagree with me.

Partisanship is really toxic, and causes homogeneity in thought. Since there is a lot more of a conflict in interest groups in European Politics (thanks to countries having 5+ relevant parties), there is a lot more room for difference in opinion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58956 Posts

Mean, didn't really need this to know Trump was racist. Probably a sex offender as well. That would not surprise me in the slightest.

His audience tend to be cultishly brainwashed, none of this shit will matter. He'd literally have to murder someone and they'd probably try wave it away.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

That is why I like bringing up european politics. They might be more alien to you guys. And thus, it may be a topic you are unfamiliar with and thus increasing the likelyhood you might disagree with me.

Partisanship is really toxic, and causes homogeneity in thought. Since there is a lot more of a conflict in interest groups in European Politics (thanks to countries having 5+ relevant parties), there is a lot more room for difference in opinion.

It's not necessarily partisanship though if you're using actual facts. There are those the like the slogans and don't look at what the candidate supports. I've talked with people that deny Republicans want to take their social security away. Yet we've all heard Republicans say that very thing. It's beyond ridiculous to believe politicians. They have voting records. Parties have platforms. Yet people still believe the lies.

For the record I've voted in the past for candidates in multiple parties. However, that is not an option when one of the major parties is after our democracy. It's a shame more Americans only think patriotism means waving a flag and chanting slogans.

As for global politics, I am a bit rusty on that I will admit. 😛

I know in general terms most western countries are way more liberal than we are and we are moderate to them. Government should make life easier for it's citizens. Not harder. That is why I support policies that I do. Also discrimination should never happen and those that engage in such, should be made to feel ashamed.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's not necessarily partisanship though if you're using actual facts. There are those the like the slogans and don't look at what the candidate supports. I've talked with people that deny Republicans want to take their social security away. Yet we've all heard Republicans say that very thing. It's beyond ridiculous to believe politicians. They have voting records. Parties have platforms. Yet people still believe the lies.

For the record I've voted in the past for candidates in multiple parties. However, that is not an option when one of the major parties is after our democracy. It's a shame more Americans only think patriotism means waving a flag and chanting slogans.

As for global politics, I am a bit rusty on that I will admit. 😛

I know in general terms most western countries are way more liberal than we are and we are moderate to them. Government should make life easier for it's citizens. Not harder. That is why I support policies that I do. Also discrimination should never happen and those that engage in such, should be made to feel ashamed.

Sadly the attitudes towards empiricism is becoming increasingly partisan. With the post-MAGA GOP, being increasingly hostile to facts. And expertise. Unfortunately, we also see similar anti-intellectualism here in europe, from Populist parties, both left wing and right wing populists sport the same toxic anti-intellectualism that we see from the usual suspects here.

I believe you and I have doen the same. I have voted for 5 out of 8 parties here in sweden, 3 left wing parties and 2 right wing parties. The ones I havent voted for are the Left Party, Christian Democrats and Sweden Democrats. The Republican Party 2 decades ago were not anti-intellectual like the GOP of today.

It is that rustiness that makes it interesting. You can enter these discussions without any predefined bias. Everyone gets to be a blank slate. The only one who does come in with bias is Eoten, who is just vehemently opposed to anything endorsed by left wingers.

Fake Edit: Actually I did vote for the Left Party for local elections last month. My muncipality has next to no biking support whatsoever, and while the car roads are pristine, the seperate bicycle path is filled with potholes, cracks and other signs of wear and tear. Worse yet, one of the crossings I take every day to get to work is extremely dangerous. I nearly got killed once, and could have collided with another cyclist a second time if I didn't hear them ahead of time and prudently made plenty of room for them to pass by shifting to the main road meant for cars.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Israeli dual citizens really love to vote GOP even if the party is comprised if a bunch of Hitler loving anti-Semites. They got code though, they're the "globalists".