Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Normally I wouldn't post a movie here, but uhhhh

Have a link to read about the movie.

Behind every tradition lies a revolution. Next Independence Day, witness the rise of our country’s 12 hours of annual lawlessness. Welcome to the movement that began as a simple experiment: The First Purge. To push the crime rate below one percent for the rest of the year, the New Founding Fathers of America (NFFA) test a sociological theory that vents aggression for one night in one isolated community. But when the violence of oppressors meets the rage of the marginalized, the contagion will explode from the trial-city borders and spread across the nation.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

So the leaders of a country are inept and the solution is to make the citizens fight each other? It's like someone read Marx's worst fears about capitalism and thought it was a suggestion.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

On the nose marketing

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

Yeah, hmmm...I'll be honest I really don't like this kind of marketing. The Purge is entertaining because it is so ludicrous, not because it shadows our reality.

This is uncomfortable. I can totally imagine some gun-toting Trumpsters taking this out of context.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3864 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, hmmm...I'll be honest I really don't like this kind of marketing. The Purge is entertaining because it is so ludicrous, not because it shadows our reality.

This is uncomfortable. I can totally imagine some gun-toting Trumpsters taking this out of context.

I would be more worried by someone on the left. They are the ones who hate America and everything it stands for. The history of leftist groups re-enforce my belief from Bill Ayers and the Weathermen Underground to ATIFA.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'd argue that it's lazy. That said it's not like memes haven't existed that are pretty similar. It's sort of in the public zeitgeist that Trump is possibly crazy enough to do some pretty horrible things, maybe not a "purge", but it can't be a good look that this perception exists in the first place.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25

@JimB said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I would be more worried by someone on the left. They are the ones who hate America and everything it stands for. The history of leftist groups re-enforce my belief from Bill Ayers and the Weathermen Underground to ATIFA.

Right, because the patriots of the left that choose country over government are more troublesome than the nationalists on the right choosing Great Leader over country :P

You are honestly worried about someone from the left? Maybe you should familiarize yourself with homegrown terrorism a bit. The people you are talking about might get a little fighty at rallies and protests, but c'mon man let's take a look at all the militias out there, the bombings done by Americans, and other random violence.

@Serraph105 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'd argue that it's lazy. That said it's not like memes haven't existed that are pretty similar. It's sort of in the public zeitgeist that Trump is possibly crazy enough to do some pretty horrible things, maybe not a "purge", but it can't be a good look that this perception exists in the first place.

I like to have faith need to believe that, no matter how stupid our politicians are and how money-grubbing they have become, there is a limit.

I Realize now that is silly because I always ask myself "Is there no limit to what these idiots do?" lol

but you know you are right, things like this happen slowly, and fear is a powerful motivator to all people. And yeah the perception is the frightening thing to me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Serraph105 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I like to have faith need to believe that, no matter how stupid our politicians are and how money-grubbing they have become, there is a limit.

I Realize now that is silly because I always ask myself "Is there no limit to what these idiots do?" lol

but you know you are right, things like this happen slowly, and fear is a powerful motivator to all people. And yeah the perception is the frightening thing to me.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@JimB said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

America stands for revolution dude. So I guess the left has it right. The country is bigger than the government and you should hold the government accountable. I imagine you'd have been a loyalist in 1776.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JimB

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

America stands for revolution dude. So I guess the left has it right. The country is bigger than the government and you should hold the government accountable. I imagine you'd have been a loyalist in 1776.

My family fought in the Revolutionary for freedom from England. The left would through all that away. In fact their policies do just that. They prefer China and Russia to The United states. Obama did everything he could to change the country and the Constitution meant nothing to him or the rights of the citizens. I am holding the Obama Administration accountable for the abuse of government power against the citizens.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:

My family fought in the Revolutionary for freedom from England. The left would through all that away. In fact their policies do just that. They prefer China and Russia to The United states. Obama did everything he could to change the country and the Constitution meant nothing to him or the rights of the citizens. I am holding the Obama Administration accountable for the abuse of government power against the citizens.

I don't care what your family did. YOUR ideology is that of a loyalist. I can assure you revolutionaries were liberal.....not conservatives.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

it's just a cheesy movie.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@JimB: obama taught constitution law in Illinois so nice try with him trying to change it though

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Someone will unironically think it reflects our current reality.

That person definitely deserves to be purged out of existence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts

That's cheap.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Way to immediately turn off half the country from seeing your movie.

Real smart

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Pertaining to the underlined part, I hope you realize you just described Trump, our right-winged president that people on the right praise idolize.

And good luck with your accountability issue, let us know how that turns out :P

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Serraph105

@frank_castle said:

Way to immediately turn off half the country from seeing your movie.

Real smart

To be fair, it's less than half. ;)

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

I think it would make the country better. Just think of the politicians who would reform their communist corporate welfare behavior over night if this were real.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JimB

@mrbojangles25 said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Pertaining to the underlined part, I hope you realize you just described Trump, our right-winged president that people on the right praise idolize.

And good luck with your accountability issue, let us know how that turns out :P

You are so uniformed it is pathetic you are like a frog put in a pot of water with the heat slowly increased until it is cooked. Trump did not use the power of the government to abuse the people who opposed him. Obama did many times, but that is history something you apparently not good at remembering.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mrbojangles25

@JimB: you know, you're right. Trump only used his money, power, connections, and corruption to influence politics and abuse people.

Nobody should be kidding themselves by saying Trump is not a politician; he is a born and bred one, he has just been in real estate and failed products is all. A late bloomer.

By the way, still waiting to hear about Obama's abuses...apparently he needs to be held "accountable".

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JimB

@mrbojangles25 said:

@JimB: you know, you're right. Trump only used his money, power, connections, and corruption to influence politics and abuse people.

Nobody should be kidding themselves by saying Trump is not a politician; he is a born and bred one, he has just been in real estate and failed products is all. A late bloomer.

By the way, still waiting to hear about Obama's abuses...apparently he needs to be held "accountable".

Start with the IRS, the surveillance of Jim Rosen at Fox News and Carter Page. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop when the memo from the Intelligence committee is released to the public.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25

Jim Rosen conspired with someone leaking classified data. If you want to support him, then you need to support Chelsea Manning.

Carter Page is a Russian sycophant. 'nuff said.

And the IRS nonsense is true, but the same pogrom was issued against liberal groups as well: anything to do with Tea Party and the Occupy Movement was targeted by the IRS, for example.

You talk about your pride in your ancestors fighting for America; the above people fought for other countries, betrayed the US. Obama was a US president, of course his hands are bloodied and dirty, but c'mon man be fair about it lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Welp! As a fan of the Purge movie series, this was already discuss that something like this could happen in the future. But anyways, this is meant to be a movie poster teaser for the next film, the entire series has been pretty hit or miss. The first one took an interesting concept and didn't do anything with it, the second one was entertaining as hell, and the third one was alright I guess.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

In an alternative universe, where Trump lost the election: