User Lists: 0

#201 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:

I agree with him. People need to stop being pussies.

Says the person endlessly complaining about people voicing an opinion they disagree with. Get some thick skin, snowflake.

I don't think you understand what that word means.

I don't think you understand what that word means, snowflake.

I don't think you don't think that I don't think that you think that either one of us thinks.

You know, it's pretty simple. You don't like people voicing an opinion you disagree with, you're a snowflake. Either stop being a snowflake, or accept it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#202 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:

Says the person endlessly complaining about people voicing an opinion they disagree with. Get some thick skin, snowflake.

I don't think you don't think that I don't think that you think that either one of us thinks.

You know, it's pretty simple. You don't like people voicing an opinion you disagree with, you're a snowflake. Either stop being a snowflake, or accept it.

You do know that you are on a debate forum right?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 theone86

@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:

That's irrelevant to my point.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:

Pretty relevant.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 theone86

@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:

Pretty relevant.

Not really.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Jacanuk

@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:
@theone86 said:

Not really irrelevant since you are arguing about someone debating on a debate forum.

It´s kinda the point to debate,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#207  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59078 Posts

Scottish people get it worse and they don't complain. We are made out as stupid, angry, ginger by default, kilt wearing half-wits who do menial jobs. It's far worse than Apu's depiction.

Grow a backbone.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Not all Indians think Apu is a racist stereotype...obviously.

Mr Varadarajan told me Kondabulu's documentary "suffused with self-righteous indignation about the racism-by-caricature in Apu" is to blame for the recent kerfuffle.

Also, he says, "this has happened at a moment of particular cultural sensitivity in liberal America, with the white intelligentsia being even more capitulative than before to accusations of racism".

"As I see it, there are two primary products that second generation Indian American comedians sell - the ridiculousness of their parents' 'culture' (arranged marriage and 'my son, the doctor' are the commonest tropes); and the racism of white Americans," Professor Chakravorty, who teaches at Temple University in Pennsylvania, told me in an email interview.

"It is not hard to see why these two lowest hanging fruits are plucked all the time. This is very standard fare. Apu is also very standard fare. What Kondabulu has done is nothing new. He picked almost the most identifiable Indian project possible in the US. And he plugged into the market for identity-based outrage."

Prof Chakravorty adds that he loves The Simpsons.

"As far as I am concerned: Apu is one of three likable characters in The Simpsons - Lisa and Marge are the others. Homer, a caricature of the ignorant, blue collar white male, is actually the most offensive."

Back in Apu's native land, fans of The Simpsons appear to have no problems with the character.

"I like Apu, in fact I love him. He has a PhD in computer science, but enjoys running his store, he is a valued citizen of Springfield, a ladies man and adores cricket and is funny," Sidharth Bhatia, Mumbai-based founder-editor of The Wire, told me.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 theone86

@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@n64dd said:

Not really irrelevant since you are arguing about someone debating on a debate forum.

I'm not arguing about someone debating, I'm arguing about someone saying everyone who holds a certain opinion should shut up because they dislike that opinion, which is exactly what n64 said. That makes him a snowflake. Go troll someone else.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#210 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

What say you?

I say a man (using the term VERY loosely here) who has time to complain about cartoons needs to re-evaluate his life.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Jacanuk

@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:

I'm not arguing about someone debating, I'm arguing about someone saying everyone who holds a certain opinion should shut up because they dislike that opinion, which is exactly what n64 said. That makes him a snowflake. Go troll someone else.

Again you do know that this is a debate forum where people voice their opinions right?

So N64 can feel like everyone in the entire world should keep quiet and voice that opinion on a debate forum all he likes and it will never make him a "snowflake" since this is a debate forum.

Also nice misuse of the word "snowflake", it makes me wonder if you even understand what it means?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 theone86

@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@theone86 said:
@Jacanuk said:

Again you do know that this is a debate forum where people voice their opinions right?

So N64 can feel like everyone in the entire world should keep quiet and voice that opinion on a debate forum all he likes and it will never make him a "snowflake" since this is a debate forum.

Also nice misuse of the word "snowflake", it makes me wonder if you even understand what it means?

Again, that's immaterial to my argument. If you think everyone who holds an opinion you dislike should shut up then you're a snowflake because you can't handle other people voicing their opinion, whether you're in a debate forum or not (actually, ESPECIALLY if you're in a debate forum). I don't have to wonder if you understand what that word means, I already know you don't.