Sargon of Akkad, "classical liberal", joins UKIP.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

Okay, sort of petty to bring up a political YouTuber, I know, but this has some questioning.

RWW excerpt

YouTuber pundit Carl Benjamin, known online as “Sargon of Akkad,” Infowars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson and Scottish “Nazi pug” comedian Mark Meechan have announced that they are joining the right-wing populist and anti-immigrant UK Independence Party (UKIP), demolishing their claims that they are merely “classical liberals.”

Benjamin, Watson, and most recently Meechan, have become popular voices online for right-wing media audiences on YouTube in North America and Europe. For years, Benjamin and Watson have used their supposed “classical liberal” political orientation to present right-wing ideologies favorably and to incessantly bash caricatures of “social justice warrior” figures. Now these figures are joining an explicitly right-wing political party that has been rapidly crumbling since its political high point in 2015.

Calling yourself a "liberal", yet joining UKIP is like saying you're pro-British and are a member of Sinn Fein or the Scottish National Party. Not surprised Paul Joseph Watson would join though.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

The fact that they don't adhere to classical liberal ideology doesn't affect their claim of being classical liberals whatsoever. It was never about truth, it was about the total absence of truth that we now live in. Signaling is more important than consistency. If you'd like to know what's really going on behind their claim, just read this:

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I stopped listening to Sargon years ago, he sounds like a jackass. He never came across as right-wing though. He just bitched about SJWs constantly, which is easy to do. Just pick out the most annoying and unreasonable people and go to town. I feel for the Scottish dude though. Context meant nothing for those old farts. I don't know enough about the UKIP to comment on them joining, but good for them? I wonder what Dave Rubin thinks? I aaa-g-ggreeeee.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

who?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Okay, sort of petty to bring up a political YouTuber, I know, but this has some questioning.

RWW excerpt

YouTuber pundit Carl Benjamin, known online as “Sargon of Akkad,” Infowars editor-at-large Paul Joseph Watson and Scottish “Nazi pug” comedian Mark Meechan have announced that they are joining the right-wing populist and anti-immigrant UK Independence Party (UKIP), demolishing their claims that they are merely “classical liberals.”

Benjamin, Watson, and most recently Meechan, have become popular voices online for right-wing media audiences on YouTube in North America and Europe. For years, Benjamin and Watson have used their supposed “classical liberal” political orientation to present right-wing ideologies favorably and to incessantly bash caricatures of “social justice warrior” figures. Now these figures are joining an explicitly right-wing political party that has been rapidly crumbling since its political high point in 2015.

Calling yourself a "liberal", yet joining UKIP is like saying you're pro-British and are a member of Sinn Fein or the Scottish National Party. Not surprised Paul Joseph Watson would join though.

Really? Right Wing Watch? LOL

Is it true that Sargon and Count Dankula joined the UKIP? Yes! But Right Wing Watch is a joke and nothing but activist bs. Also, Jared Holt is a loon, he's a joke of a journalist and refuses to debate with all the people he accuses Far Right.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Yeah, it's petty to go after youtube celebrities. lol

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

No surprise here, UKIP attracts a lot of losers. Or at least it did before it started dying.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Is there any particular reason why he named himself after an Iraqi king?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts
@Jag85 said:

Is there any particular reason why he named himself after an Iraqi king?

To make himself sound intellectual. Alot of these wanna-be "free thinkers" typically attach a historical figures to their avatar or signature to show how cultured they are .

It's path... or wait. never mind.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

"classical liberal" LOL

The guy is an alt-right troll who hates women.

Members of the alt-right are a lot like hipsters. Hipsters will never admit they are hipsters. Alt-right members always swear they aren't alt-right.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#11  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

I'm just waiting for the libtard trolls to accuse him of being a white nationalist now.

@bigfootpart2 said:

"classical liberal" LOL

The guy is an alt-right troll who hates women.

Members of the alt-right are a lot like hipsters. Hipsters will never admit they are hipsters. Alt-right members always swear they aren't alt-right.

well that didn't take long....

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Dark_sageX: You just implied that the alt-right are all white nationalists. Thanks for clearing that up.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#13 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@Dark_sageX: You just implied that the alt-right are all white nationalists. Thanks for clearing that up.

The alt-right ARE white nationalists. Its just that Sargon isn't either one of them.....

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FireEmblem_Man

@nintendoboy16: Here's Sargon's response video! Maybe you should watch it, but knowing where you stand, you'll ignore it and keep calling him "Alt-Right"

Loading Video...

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@mandzilla: Losers? PJW gets millions of views. By no clasification is he a loser.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man
@Jag85 said:

And the Labour Party along with Jeremy Corbyn are full of Anti-Semitism

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendoboy16
@blackhairedhero said:

@mandzilla: Losers? PJW gets millions of views. By no clasification is he a loser.

So does John Oliver, it doesn't stop the right from bashing him.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@nintendoboy16: Here's Sargon's response video! Maybe you should watch it, but knowing where you stand, you'll ignore it and keep calling him "Alt-Right"

Loading Video...

You mean like you and your refusal to hear out "far-leftist" comedians?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
@nintendoboy16 said:
@blackhairedhero said:

So does John Oliver, it doesn't stop the right from bashing him.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Loading Video...

Oh, I watched your "Leftist" Comedians, they're always wrong fail to make me laugh, just how Jimmy Kimmel loses to Ted Cruz in Basketball.

Last time I heard, Late Night Shows are supposed to make you laugh, not hear them autistic screech on why they need to keep telling you why they hate trump

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mandzilla  Moderator
@blackhairedhero said:

I was referring to his personality, not his youtube views.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackhairedhero

@mandzilla: pfft seems like a winner to me. He triggers people like a troll.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mandzilla  Moderator
@blackhairedhero said:

@mandzilla: pfft seems like a winner to me. He triggers people like a troll.

And yet he is eternally offended by everything himself. Anyway I'll admit he is successful at what he does, so isn't a loser professionally. He's playing a role like Alex Jones, which is financially profitable. Just don't fact check anything he says and you won't be disappointed.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackhairedhero

@mandzilla: Some of his facts line up though. His conspiracy theories are not as crazy as AJ's.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoboy16
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Oh, I watched your "Leftist" Comedians, they're always wrong fail to make me laugh, just how Jimmy Kimmel loses to Ted Cruz in Basketball.

Last time I heard, Late Night Shows are supposed to make you laugh, not hear them autistic screech on why they need to keep telling you why they hate trump

Really? Because not long ago, you bashed John Oliver for not covering "leftist" countries like Venezuela, only focusing on far-right politicians and Trump. Then he, you know, did.

Because, you know. God forbid they have their OPINIONS.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FireEmblem_Man
@nintendoboy16 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Really? Because not long ago, you bashed John Oliver for not covering "leftist" countries like Venezuela, only focusing on far-right politicians and Trump. Then he, you know, did.

Because John Oliver is full of crap! Like I said, you'll probably not read this from an actual Venezuelan believing that John Oliver isn't serious of his people's wanting out of Maduro's fraud election. He's nothing but, ENTERTAINMENT, not a legit news source like you love so much!

As I said initially, I felt the show really needed to mention that the election on May 20th is not being held to high regard by other countries in the region, and this is important because otherwise the world will wake up next monday and say "well if they hate the guy so much, why do they keep voting for him?" Without recognizing that there might be reasons or contexts that are more complex than one would think of on a surface level. I recognize that Last Week Tonight is an entertainment show and that they like many other shows like The Daily Show et al, and segments of talk shows like those of Seth Meyers or Stephen Colbert, aren't really news. But they sure do look like news and that's by design to satirize news media in the US. However, people do see these shows as a source of news, so I was a little disappointed by that small omission. Having said that, I recognize that they aren't actually news and the onus falls elsewhere, but a small nod to how the election next sunday is viewed outside the country would have benefited the story in my opinion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendoboy16
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Because John Oliver is full of crap! Like I said, you'll probably not read this from an actual Venezuelan believing that John Oliver isn't serious of his people's wanting out of Maduro's fraud election. He's nothing but, ENTERTAINMENT, not a legit news source like you love so much!

As I said initially, I felt the show really needed to mention that the election on May 20th is not being held to high regard by other countries in the region, and this is important because otherwise the world will wake up next monday and say "well if they hate the guy so much, why do they keep voting for him?" Without recognizing that there might be reasons or contexts that are more complex than one would think of on a surface level. I recognize that Last Week Tonight is an entertainment show and that they like many other shows like The Daily Show et al, and segments of talk shows like those of Seth Meyers or Stephen Colbert, aren't really news. But they sure do look like news and that's by design to satirize news media in the US. However, people do see these shows as a source of news, so I was a little disappointed by that small omission. Having said that, I recognize that they aren't actually news and the onus falls elsewhere, but a small nod to how the election next sunday is viewed outside the country would have benefited the story in my opinion.

Because there's surely no truth an entertainment. Ex: Handmaid's Tale. Is there nothing relevant about it after everyone says there is? Is there nothing relevant about the recent Wolfenstein games?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FireEmblem_Man
@nintendoboy16 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Because there's surely no truth an entertainment. Ex: Handmaid's Tale. Is there nothing relevant about it after everyone says there is? Is there nothing relevant about the recent Wolfenstein games?

Okay, so what does Handmaid's Tale tell us, same with Wolfenstein? I'm waiting for you to explain to me! After all, they're nothing but pure fiction. If that's what YOU really believe what will happen in America, I suggest you get help.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoboy16
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Okay, so what does Handmaid's Tale tell us, same with Wolfenstein? I'm waiting for you to explain to me! After all, they're nothing but pure fiction. If that's what YOU really believe what will happen in America, I suggest you get help.

I'll get help if I believed that water makes frogs gay. But to answer your question:

Handmaid's Tale - An America that oppresses women's rights, such as abortion, which is slowly being taken away in real life. Which is why Michelle Wolf compared Huckabee-Sanders to a character on the show.

Wolfenstein reboots - Rise of the far-right with an alternate universe of the Nazi's winning the second world war. The second game in the reboot series received controversy with it's advertising by right wing groups. And the devs didn't even know of the events either.

Loading Video...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireEmblem_Man
@nintendoboy16 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I'll get help if I believed that water makes frogs gay. But to answer your question:

Handmaid's Tale - An America that oppresses women's rights, such as abortion, which is slowly being taken away in real life. Which is why Michelle Wolf compared Huckabee-Sanders to a character on the show.

Wolfenstein reboots - Rise of the far-right with an alternate universe of the Nazi's winning the second world war. The second game in the reboot series received controversy with it's advertising by right wing groups. And the devs didn't even know of the events either.

LOL at VICE /Waypoint as a source! You know who really suffered the Handmaid's Tale? All the women in Saudi Arabia! Wolfenstein is fiction and existed way before the Alt-Right lol, yes you do need help as much as those that believe the water is turning frogs gay!