Rightie pundit Michael Knowles makes genocidal views on transgender people, then tries to deny it.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41570 Posts

A snippet from RWW:

And his reaction:

Wow! he's trying so hard to save his ass! lol

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

He said transgenderism should be eradicated, and not "Transgender People", nor the "Transgender Community".

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nintendoboy16

@lundy86_4 said:

He said transgenderism should be eradicated, and not "Transgender People", nor the "Transgender Community".

Same result!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattbbpl

@nintendoboy16 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Same result!

Oh, I like this game! Lundy, interpret for us what he meant that would accomplish the former without incurring the latter.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58454 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Ooof, buddy, pick a better hill to die on. There are so many others.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lundy86_4
@mattbbpl said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Same result!

Oh, I like this game! Lundy, interpret for us what he meant that would accomplish the former without incurring the latter.

I'd rather ask for the full context, as OP quoted The Daily Beast, which actually amended their statement.

Link.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mattbbpl

@lundy86_4: Still waiting for the difference. What was he proposing?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4

@mattbbpl said:

@lundy86_4: Still waiting for the difference. What was he proposing?

I can only infer what you have, as that's all the OP posted. That being said, The Daily Beast had to amend their original article, due to misconstruing the statement.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4
@mrbojangles25 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Ooof, buddy, pick a better hill to die on. There are so many others.

The context is lacking, as i've shown with The Daily Beast needing to amend their article.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendoboy16

@lundy86_4: Barely. Knowles is still crying about it...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lundy86_4

@nintendoboy16 said:

@lundy86_4: Barely. Knowles is still crying about it...

What post of mine are you responding to?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

@nintendoboy16: No, it’s because some of us think “transgenderism” is not real and is merely the existence of spiritual or mental health issues. These people need help on those two fronts, not to be encouraged in their delusions. Eradicate their spiritual and mental health issues and you have healthy individuals with purpose, not dead ones who have been victims of a genocide, as the lefty alarmists are saying.

So, to break it down to you…

Eradicating mental health issues and spiritual issues means eliminating the concept of transgenderism. However, that just means we now have healthy men and women who are “still alive” (to quote Glados). They will be alive and sane and healthy, and “transgenderism” won’t be a thing, hence “eradicated.”

How about leaving people alone to live their own lives and minding one's own business?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

Just an update.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mattbbpl

@The_Deepblue said:

@nintendoboy16: No, it’s because some of us think “transgenderism” is not real and is merely the existence of spiritual or mental health issues. These people need help on those two fronts, not to be encouraged in their delusions. Eradicate their spiritual and mental health issues and you have healthy individuals with purpose, not dead ones who have been victims of a genocide, as the lefty alarmists are saying.

Eradicating mental health issues and spiritual issues means eliminating the concept of transgenderism. However, that just means we now have healthy men and women who are “still alive” (to quote Glados). They will be alive and sane and healthy, and “transgenderism” won’t be a thing, hence “eradicated.”

So his proposal is to "cure" them?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58454 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

Then you should say something like "fund mental health programs" or something like that. Or "Cure transgenderism". You don't "eliminate" a disease, you cure it, if you do in fact view transgenderism as some sort of affliction or disease.

No, when you say "transgenderism", you mean (whether intentionally or not) the people. You're not referring to the mental health aspect, you're referring to an agenda and the people that subscribe to it that you dislike or fear.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 714 Posts

The distinction between eradicating transgender people and eradicating the act of being transgender in public is important.

One ask for people to be killed, the other for people not be allowed to show their gender identity in public. I disagree with both, but ignoring the distinction is very dishonest journalism.

He was right to ask for a change of the title and i am glad that he was granted.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4

@nirgal said:

He was right to ask for a change of the title and i am glad that he was granted.

Who asked for a change of title?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nirgal  Online

@lundy86_4: Michael Knowles asked for several media publications to change the title for their article.

And he was right to do so, they were being very dishonest for the sake of clicks and attention.

Some retraction and apology should also be provided.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nirgal  Online

The title of the thread should also be changed since it was clearly influenced by the previous titles that implied he wanted to kill people. (And Therefore calls the statesments of Michaels Knowles "genocidal")

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4
@nirgal said:

@lundy86_4: Michael Knowles asked for several media publications to change the title for their article.

And he was right to do so, they were being very dishonest for the sake of clicks and attention.

Some retraction and apology should also be peovided.

No, he called foul on their reporting. They misinterpreted the communication, and thus had to legally change their wording. Otherwise, they would have had to defend their wording in court.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nirgal  Online

@lundy86_4: aren't we saying the same ? Or did they also implied he wanted to kill people on the rest of the article?

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4388 Posts

@nirgal said:

@lundy86_4: aren't we saying the same ? Or did they also implied he wanted to kill people on the rest of the article?

honestly. with how the right is now... they are concerning enough. i keep a eye on some in my town. tons of guns and cant tell a lie story from a real one.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3743 Posts

While there is no doubt that right wingers like this guy are degenerates, these trans people are clearly mentally ill and need help. It’s quite clear the right winger wants them exterminated.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127525 Posts

How do we eradicate an idology?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3475 Posts

Religion is a mental health issue but I don't think it should be eradicated.

Avatar image for deactivated-642c1157b8e80
deactivated-642c1157b8e80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-642c1157b8e80
Member since 2023 • 262 Posts

@horgen said:

How do we eradicate an idology?

You allow people to openly discuss genocide and forced religious conversion therapy on public forums with zero backlash for starters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

No, it’s because some of us think “christianity” is not real and is merely the existence of spiritual or mental health issues. These people need help on those two fronts, not to be encouraged in their delusions. Eradicate their spiritual and mental health issues and you have healthy individuals with purpose, not dead ones who have been victims of a genocide, as the righty alarmists are saying.

Eradicating mental health issues and spiritual issues means eliminating the concept of christianity. However, that just means we now have healthy men and women who are “still alive” (to quote Glados). They will be alive and sane and healthy, and “christianity” won’t be a thing, hence “eradicated.”

Now you tell me with my edits if you think this rhetoric is ok. That this is what we need. Now replace transgender in his genocidal post with something else. Gay. Lesbian. Jewish, etc. is it still ok? No? Then why is it ok as it is?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator

@Maroxad would you be so kind to explain the transgender stuff? If I remember correctly it is some physiological differences.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@quiggling: Dude, you affirm people who imagine in their heads that they are the opposite sex or some mystical sexual being even when their genitalia proves otherwise. You have no room to criticize anyone who is religious.

Also, no one said anything about converting anyone to any religion. I merely said that “spiritual health” is a component of the well being of any person. Go show me where I said I wanted people to be converted by force. You left thinking folks love to sensationalize and use that sensationalization to silence anyone who thinks differently.

Religion is the natural state of people. Humans will latch onto some social cause, system, or institution and prioritize it in such a way as to devote themselves to it in order to find purpose. If it’s not religion, it’ll be some other system, and the person’s functioning within that system will be religious in nature, as a devotee.

I want “transgender people” to not believe the lies they tell themselves or that others have brainwashed them to believe. A lot of them are blowing the whistle, warning others not to go down the road of self-mutilation and self-destruction. Of course, those people don’t matter to you guys. You only want to affirm people in their delusions. You actively aid people in their self-destruction. You don’t want people healthy, happy, and normal.

I know “trans people,” and I never affirm them in their delusions. I refuse to call them by their woman name if they’re really a guy. I treat them as I would anyone else. I treat them kindly and as human, but it’s neglect on my part to perpetuate their confusion. Likewise, I don’t need them to affirm me in my beliefs, for in my beliefs I am settled and secure.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@quiggling:

Your answer to intolerance is more intolerance?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-642c1157b8e80

@LJS9502_basic: tolerating intolerance empowers the intolerant only and leads to the destruction of tolerant society

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

@The_Deepblue: spiritual health is code for barking mad Mumbo jumbo. You say I want to silence anyone who thinks differently while advocating erasing an entire class of people from society, you claim you want trans people to be healthy and happy while actively being part of the group that is THE primary reason many are not and try to make the best way for trans people to be healthy and happy illegal.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23974 Posts
@horgen said:

@Maroxad would you be so kind to explain the transgender stuff? If I remember correctly it is some physiological differences.

I really don't care much for idpol culture wars crap but... since, unfortunately ignorance in transgender issues is causing a lot of distrust in academia, phony transphobia promoted by the likes of Knowles needs to be challenged from time to time. Attacks on Transgender validity is also an attack on science.

Evidence for Gender Identities are found in

• Psychology (Too much to cover here, but we see transgender identities manifest, and manifest in predictable ways. However it is worth noting that Transgender Identitites is not a single condition, but an umbrella of different psychiatric conditions)
  • Neuroanatomy (Transgender folk have been demonstrated to have their own neurological phenotype, separate from cismen and women)
  • Endocrinology (Hormones have been demonstrated to affect our gender identity to some extent, especially large exposures to various hormones)
  • Genetics (Twin Studies and genetic sequencing show there is a strong genetic base for gender identity)

Keep in mind that none of the above fields are conclusive, but we are making a lot of research in academia, which provide positive results. Had gender diversity been ideologically rooted, as some would imply, scientific research would not consistently find positive results in their research. This is why the scientific consensus is that trans folk are valid.

Just taking those in the US alone that are relevant, here are just some of the medical organizations that accept transgender validity.

• American Psychological Association
  • American Medical Association
  • American Psychoanalytic Association
  • American Academy of Pediatrics
  • American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians
  • World Health Organization

That is about the gist of it. Long story short. Transgender Identities is a Biological phenomenon, it has always been a thing since the dawn of civilization. Transgender studies is nothing new, and have been around since the Weimar Republic (which lasted until a certain ideologically motivated faction burnt it all down). And transgender identities it is not an ideology. The only ideological motivations we see here are those who suddenly started throwing a hissy fit about this after Caitlyn Jenner transitioned. Who only suddenly started taking issues with decades old medical treatment.

Edit: Here is a pretty decent summary if you want to learn more, written by an actual academic whose research is very relevant to the topic ("Research in my lab concerns the actions of sex hormones in the brain.")

Edit 2: You might remember that my position on Neuroanatomy might have changed ;) Earlier scans and studies showed that neuroanatomically speaking, the brains of trans folk were more alike the brains of the gender they identify with, as opposed to the one they were assigned at birth. New evidence obtained in the past few years show a separate phenotype altogether.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-642c1157b8e80

No, it’s because some of us think “gay” is not real and is merely the existence of spiritual or mental health issues. These people need help on those two fronts, not to be encouraged in their delusions. Eradicate their spiritual and mental health issues and you have healthy individuals with purpose, not dead ones who have been victims of a genocide, as the righty alarmists are saying.

Eradicating mental health issues and spiritual issues means eliminating the concept of gay. However, that just means we now have healthy men and women who are “still alive” (to quote Glados). They will be alive and sane and healthy, and “gay” won’t be a thing, hence “eradicated.”

@horgen is this acceptable rhetoric now on this forum?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 horgen  Moderator

@quiggling said:

No, it’s because some of us think “gay” is not real and is merely the existence of spiritual or mental health issues. These people need help on those two fronts, not to be encouraged in their delusions. Eradicate their spiritual and mental health issues and you have healthy individuals with purpose, not dead ones who have been victims of a genocide, as the righty alarmists are saying.

Eradicating mental health issues and spiritual issues means eliminating the concept of gay. However, that just means we now have healthy men and women who are “still alive” (to quote Glados). They will be alive and sane and healthy, and “gay” won’t be a thing, hence “eradicated.”

@horgen is this acceptable rhetoric now on this forum?

I frankly have to take it up with the other mods. Imo a civil political debate has been next to impossible since Trump entered the president election race in 2015. It wasn't good before that, but it took a dive for the worse at that point.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic

@quiggling said:

@LJS9502_basic: tolerating intolerance empowers the intolerant only and leads to the destruction of tolerant society

It makes you a hypocrite to call out someone for intolerance while also being intolerant yourself. Bigotry is not good, no matter who does it.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Deepblue

@quiggling: Okay. So you would have all religion eradicated too, I take it. Many atheists have said that. You said what I believe is a poison. Wouldn’t you rather not have poison in your society? Just admit that you would want people like me dead.

I just want people who believe they’re the wrong sex to be normal, happy, healthy individuals who know the truth. You cannot point to a shred of evidence that says I want people dead. That goes against my religion, which says to share the truth in love.

And if the mods want to give me a ban (or permanent ban) for simply saying that spiritual health is important, then so be it. You guys can have your echo chamber.

If you want religion eradicated, including Christianity, I don’t hold that against you. Bill Nye holds that belief. I know that God will keep Christianity thriving. Anyways, Bill Nye says that eradication of religion needs to be accomplished through “education.” That’s what I am advocating on my end on this transgender issue, but you’re screaming “genocide!” pressuring mods with “off with his head” and misquoting me, and lying about me. It’s not a good look, man, but I forgive you and hold nothing against you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

@LJS9502_basic: that you are in a thread with a man advocating forced religious conversion therapy with the goal or absolutely erasing an entire class of people but see fit to have a go at me speaks volumes about who you are.

Let’s maybe not ask minorities actively seeing whether or not they should be allowed to exist to be nice to the nazis?

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Deepblue

@quiggling: You’re lying about me, man. Jesus died and rose again to forgive you for such sins. What you’re doing is wrong.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Deepblue

By the way, I believe every single person on Earth has mental and spiritual issues, including me. The Bible calls Jesus the Great Physician. We refer to Him as such because His life, death, and resurrection eradicates our sins, that includes my sin and yours, Quiggling, who has lied against me multiple times in this thread. God will forgive you of your lies if you humble yourself before Him. He has forgiven me for lies I have told and will tell because He is rich in mercy.

It is interesting that the term “eradicate” was immediately connected to killing people. It’s a testament to the sensationalization. The first thing that comes to my mind when I read or hear “eradicate” is illness or sickness. We hear about eradicating polio or eradicating rabies. Eradicating the illness or sickness means the preservation of the person who was the host of the illness or sickness, not the death of the person. It’s quite frightening to see how far people have fallen in understanding language and context.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mattbbpl

To be clear, this is a textbook example of euphemisms made during stage 7 of the 10 stages of genocide. It's so textbook that it barely qualifies as a euphemism, as can be seen by the weaselly arguments in it's defense in this thread.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

He has forgiven me for lies I have told

How convenient! Will you lie more in the future?

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Deepblue

@zaryia: Hey. I’m only human. You will also lie in the future. That’s why you gotta, to quote Sufjan Stevens, “Get real. Get right with the Lord.”

@mattbppl

More lies. Stage seven means that regimes have planned mass killings.

So you no longer believe that words have any meaning within context anymore? You believe you can take a man’s words, sever them as you like, separate them and attach them to a monster called “genocide.” This is the Frankenstein’s monster of language being made, and it’s scary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-642c1157b8e80

@horgen: Gently as possible, Horgen, if you need to discuss whether or not directly terrorizing a minority group on these forums with threats of being removed from society, denied care, and forced through mandatory religious conversion therapy is a bad thing that should be stopped… that is as the kids these days say is a “big yikes from me”. White heterosexual Christians shouldn’t be the only people who feel safe posting here, the forums are going to stay dead while that’s the case.