Republicans in TX pass 10 commandments in school bill.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23981 Posts

@zaryia Yeah that is the way one should do it. Neutral terms, try to look for modern evidence, and read through the studies, so you actually know what the contents are about and don't end up having the study used against you.

Props for being intellectually honest. Something Silent clearly is not.

@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: The last time I asked him that question, he ignored it when I gave him exactly what he asked for.

It's a waste of time.

Oof. It's funny how we all end up accusing him of the same things and asking him the exact same questions to try to hold him accountable.

But yeah, you are right. Arguing with SilentChief is a waste of time indeed. When someone is making excuses for why they don't have any evidence, while themselves using nothing but logical fallacies to try to justify their position. It is made abundantly clear, that we are arguing with someone who has no respect for reality, or intellectual honesty.

Maybe it wouldnt be so sad if he wasn't so smug about his delusions.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7043 Posts

@zaryia:

I know, because there isn't any counter data since it's mostly true. I googled before posting them to make sure I didn't make claims that were majorly contested or up in the air among the majority of research.

Take the L. One side has ALL the citation and the other side has ZERO citation. It doesn't get more one sided than this, and can barely even be called a real "debate".

This is NO different than evolution, climate change, vaccine, sel, 2020 election, or flat earth "debates".

That's your conclusion? 🤣 Activist providing data without context?

I'm not taking any L I'm just watching you use worthless studies as facts. There is plenty of counter data and I even presented it to you but your shit studies refuse to reference any counter data that doesn't fit their narrative.

It's far different actually. Flat earth is something that is proven false by unequivocal facts. There is no reason for bias in such a study.

@zaryia:

So because Democrats gerrymander too, racial gerrymandering doesn't exist? In the face of overwhelming and uncontested evidence?

Democrats also racial gerrymander. You have two opposing sides doing the same thing.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Silentchief
@mattbbpl said:

@Maroxad: The last time I asked him that question, he ignored it when I gave him exactly what he asked for.

It's a waste of time.

What question did you ask me?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Silentchief
@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

I'm literally talking about the very study you posted , follow along for **** sake 🤣.

How is racial discrimination not racism or are we going to get into a nothing burger semantics spat again.

I'm not sure how you're struggling with this especially after my example? Let's try this again.

If a black employee is past up on a promotion or was fired , they have the right to claim " racial discrimination ". However we need proof that was the " ACTUAL REASON" they were past up on their promotion or fired.

A discrimination claim isn't proof that discrimination actually took place especially in this day and age.

Since it is obvious you are not listening to the overwhelming evidence provided by everyone else.

What, if anything, would change your mind?

I would need a study from an unbiased source.

For an example if we're talking about " racial discrimination " why not do a study on how it effects all groups? Most studies are focused on " one side". They completely ignore discrimination posed by one demographic and will often state data without context.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Silentchief

@Maroxad:

First of all, unless you are in mathematics, you do not deal with proofs. You deal with evidence. I get this is a very common mistake among laypersons, but it kinda bothers me how people such as yourself are trying to tell us how to do our job, yet you continue to make amateur mistakes like this.

Are you going to argue with dictionary definitions again? I know this something you struggle with but it's right here.

Proof :evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

@Maroxad:

Whereas you have nothing but emotional appeals andracist dogwhistles.

Except that isn't true

I posted factual data that your studies ignored.

1. Per capita crime rates based off demographics

2. Percentage of scholarships based off financial need that are given to each race.

3. Racial Gerrymandering done by the left made to benefit minorities

4. DEI programs that actively exclude whites.

That is factual not emotional.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@silentchief said:

Per capita crime rates based off demographics

Red-herring. This doesn't refute their findings.

@silentchief said:

Racial Gerrymandering done by the left made to benefit minorities

Whataboutism. This doesn't refute racial gerrymanding from being a real practice and existing.

@silentchief said:

Percentage of scholarships based off financial need that are given to each race.

Red-herring. This didn't refute their findings.

@silentchief said:

DEI programs that actively exclude whites.

Red-herring and whataboutism. This doesn't refute their findings.

You primarily used red-herrings and a whataboutism for 4 studies and skipped 9 studies entirely. You're arm-chair PHDing peer reviewed data (or high fact sources) and it's pathetic and not working. It will never work.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

First of all, unless you are in mathematics, you do not deal with proofs. You deal with evidence. I get this is a very common mistake among laypersons, but it kinda bothers me how people such as yourself are trying to tell us how to do our job, yet you continue to make amateur mistakes like this.

Are you going to argue with dictionary definitions again? I know this something you struggle with but it's right here.

Proof :evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

@Maroxad:

Except that isn't true

2. Percentage of scholarships based off financial need that are given to each race.

I am not arguing against the dictionary at all. And are you seriously so devoid of any original arguments, you can't do anything other than recycle criticism people leverage towards you? Kinda rich how you keep accusing others of being NPCs.

"Proof: the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact"
-Merriam Webbster (might as well be consistant)

In any academic field, aside from mathematics, no evidence is strong enough to fill the bolded part. Something known to any first year student in any Science Major.

Your answer to my question made it abundantly clear you did not read the studies at all. Because the studies actually meet your own criteria.

As for the rest

1. You mean your racist dogwhistle? The studies explicitly demosntrate that when you factor away all other factors, people of varying races are treated differently in the court of law.

2. That doesnt refute anything me or Zaryia have mentioned. Red Herring Besides.

3. Whataboutism. Nobody gives a crap about what the democrats do. This is about Systemic Racism, not partisan politics. Do you not realize just how nonsenssical your point was?

4. At best you provided a few anecdotes, not greater overall data. And much like the above, doesnt refute anything people have cited against you.

I am gonna take @mattbbpl's advice. This will be my last response to you. It is clear you are completley unequipped to deal with these conversations.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Silentchief

@Maroxad said:
@silentchief said:

@Maroxad:

@Maroxad:

Except that isn't true

I am not arguing against the dictionary at all. And are you seriously so devoid of any original arguments, you can't do anything other than recycle criticism people leverage towards you? Kinda rich how you keep accusing others of being NPCs.

"Proof: the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact"

-Merriam Webbster (might as well be consistant)

In any academic field, aside from mathematics, no evidence is strong enough to fill the bolded part. Something known to any first year student in any Science Major.

Your answer to my question made it abundantly clear you did not read the studies at all. Because the studies actually meet your own criteria.

As for the rest

1. You mean your racist dogwhistle? The studies explicitly demosntrate that when you factor away all other factors, people of varying races are treated differently in the court of law.

2. That doesnt refute anything me or Zaryia have mentioned. Red Herring Besides.

3. Whataboutism. Nobody gives a crap about what the democrats do. This is about Systemic Racism, not partisan politics. Do you not realize just how nonsenssical your point was?

4. At best you provided a few anecdotes, not greater overall data. And much like the above, doesnt refute anything people have cited against you.

I am gonna take @mattbbpl's advice. This will be my last response to you. It is clear you are completley unequipped to deal with these conversations.

That's a criticism I've given to you for months, ever since I saw you struggle with the defenition of the word." Wonen" and " assault weapon "Much like you seem to struggle with the defenition of the word " proof".

Basically you went out of your way to act like you are some experts in this field of study and instead you just sound like a pretentious prick.

1. Certain demographics are vastly over represented in violent crime. The study I was referrering to was specifically talking about police killings.

2. It's data his studies conveintantly left out.

3. So Democrats are effectively gerrymandering putting white voters at a disadvantage and somehow that doesn't count? It's amazing your ability to ignore anything thst doesn't fit your narrative

4. Nothing I posted was an anecdote. Do you even know what that means? FBI crime stats and scholarships funding data are not anecdotes.

Coming from the person who struggles with half the words he uses I'd be ok with that. It would be more productive to talk to a brick wall.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8370 Posts

I think the 10 commandments are pretty cool and I'm not very religious.

Doesn't bother me at all having them in a school.

Loading Video...

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Per capita crime rates based off demographics

Red-herring. This doesn't refute their findings.

@silentchief said:

Racial Gerrymandering done by the left made to benefit minorities

Whataboutism. This doesn't refute racial gerrymanding from being a real practice and existing.

@silentchief said:

Percentage of scholarships based off financial need that are given to each race.

Red-herring. This didn't refute their findings.

@silentchief said:

DEI programs that actively exclude whites.

Red-herring and whataboutism. This doesn't refute their findings.

You primarily used red-herrings and a whataboutism for 4 studies and skipped 9 studies entirely. You're arm-chair PHDing peer reviewed data (or high fact sources) and it's pathetic and not working. It will never work.

They provided data without context. I'm not going to take time to respond to your lazy post.

Systemic racism implies that a " race of people " is put at a distinct disadvantage. You ignore all thing put in place to give them an advantage.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Maroxad

@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

You think so? I think they are absolute trash. Lets look at them,

1. Thou Shalt have no other gods before me.

Violates both the first amendment and the 18th article of the Universal declaration of Human Rights. Thought Crimes are not cool. Freedom of religion on the other hand, very much is. Also what a petty insecure god. Not worthy of any worship.

2. Thou Shalt not make Idols

Violates both the first amendment and the 19th article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Laws shall not infringe on speech of others. This includes laws trying to restrict the ToSes of internet platforms.

3. Thou shall not take name of thy lord thy god in name.

Again, what a petty god, not deserving of worship. Also, hello there freedom of speech. Laws like this have no place in civilized society.

4. Remember the Sabbath and Keep it Holy

NEVER! As an engineer, I will gladly work on any day I find inspiration. Also what if an accident happens on the Sabbath day. A house burning down, a crime being committed, serious illnesses, and so on. I don't mind people having days off. But this is a terrible law to enforce. Especially considering that breaking the sabbath is punishable by death. In fact, Sundays are my FAVORITE day to work on. I will gladly work on Sundays, just for fun.

5. Honor Thy Mother and Father.

Interpretions of this commandment been disasterous. Furthermore, if your parents are abusive, you definitely do not need to honor them. Respect is earnt, not given. In South Africa, this commandment was used by some to justify apartheid.

6. Thou Shalt not Kill

First good law in here. Just over halfway through the whole code of laws. Unfortunately, god makes it abundantly clear he doesnt care much for this law since he orders genocide all the time, either that or commits genocide himself. What a hypocrite. Not worthy of worship.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery

Well intended advice. But terrible law to enforce. First of all, some christian denominations do not recognize divorce. Second open relationships have a right to exist. Third, this can be interpreted to mean any romantic relationships outside marriage.

8. Thou shalt not steal

Hey, this is the second good law. As a Vegan, however, I must say, that milk, honey and eggs are all stolen goods. But that is quite the aside.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

AKA, do not lie. Not bad moral advice. But... this should not be law. Do I need to bring up the first amendment again?

10. Thou shalt not covet

I disagree with this. First of all, because I dislike thought crimes. But quite frankly. Covet leads to aspiration. And wanting stuff, including others stuff, is a core part of capitalism. This may surprise you, but I am actually a fan of capitalism.

All in all, only 2 out of 10 laws are good. And those 2 laws are universal, adhered to by almost all social species. There is no need for the 10 commandments to know that killing and stealing is wrong. If the only good parts of the 10 commandments are things that exist in our evolutionary psychology. Why stick with the 10 commandments? There are much better religious codes to follow, such as The Satanic Temple and their tenets.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

I'm not going to take time to respond to your lazy post.

I posted 13 studies, many peer reviewed. You posted 0 studies refuting their claims. You gave your opinion on 4 of them, and gave up on the other 9 because the data was too solid.

This is a wash. It's over.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

I posted 13 studies, many peer reviewed. You posted 0 studies refuting their claims. You gave your opinion on 4 of them, and gave up on the other 9 because the data was too solid.

I gave up on the other 8 because you refused to acknowledge the failures on the ones I talked about. If you couldn't acknowledge faults In the ones I mentioned there's no point in continuing. If you want to take trash studies from activist as facts that's fine. It explains why you have the worldview you do.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

I gave up

We know.

Racial gerrymandering and the war on drugs (certain components) ALONE defeats your false premise. These are real things with lots of data, and no one contests that it's a real thing. It's a solid example of systemic racism, showing you were wrong.

The rest just bury you, and I don't even need the remaining studies (most of which contain entirely fact based conclusions which have not been refuted).

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 SargentD

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Loading Video...

You think so? I think they are absolute trash. Lets look at them,

1. Thou Shalt have no other gods before me.

Violates both the first amendment and the 18th article of the Universal declaration of Human Rights. Thought Crimes are not cool. Freedom of religion on the other hand, very much is. Also what a petty insecure god. Not worthy of any worship.

2. Thou Shalt not make Idols

Violates both the first amendment and the 19th article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Laws shall not infringe on speech of others. This includes laws trying to restrict the ToSes of internet platforms.

3. Thou shall not take name of thy lord thy god in name.

Again, what a petty god, not deserving of worship. Also, hello there freedom of speech. Laws like this have no place in civilized society.

4. Remember the Sabbath and Keep it Holy

NEVER! As an engineer, I will gladly work on any day I find inspiration. Also what if an accident happens on the Sabbath day. A house burning down, a crime being committed, serious illnesses, and so on. I don't mind people having days off. But this is a terrible law to enforce. Especially considering that breaking the sabbath is punishable by death. In fact, Sundays are my FAVORITE day to work on. I will gladly work on Sundays, just for fun.

5. Honor Thy Mother and Father.

Interpretions of this commandment been disasterous. Furthermore, if your parents are abusive, you definitely do not need to honor them. Respect is earnt, not given. In South Africa, this commandment was used by some to justify apartheid.

6. Thou Shalt not Kill

First good law in here. Just over halfway through the whole code of laws. Unfortunately, god makes it abundantly clear he doesnt care much for this law since he orders genocide all the time, either that or commits genocide himself. What a hypocrite. Not worthy of worship.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery

Well intended advice. But terrible law to enforce. First of all, some christian denominations do not recognize divorce. Second open relationships have a right to exist. Third, this can be interpreted to mean any romantic relationships outside marriage.

8. Thou shalt not steal

Hey, this is the second good law. As a Vegan, however, I must say, that milk, honey and eggs are all stolen goods. But that is quite the aside.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

AKA, do not lie. Not bad moral advice. But... this should not be law. Do I need to bring up the first amendment again?

10. Thou shalt not covet

I disagree with this. First of all, because I dislike thought crimes. But quite frankly. Covet leads to aspiration. And wanting stuff, including others stuff, is a core part of capitalism. This may surprise you, but I am actually a fan of capitalism.

All in all, only 2 out of 10 laws are good. And those 2 laws are universal, adhered to by almost all social species. There is no need for the 10 commandments to know that killing and stealing is wrong. If the only good parts of the 10 commandments are things that exist in our evolutionary psychology. Why stick with the 10 commandments? There are much better religious codes to follow, such as The Satanic Temple and their tenets.

Hey guy, I'm not saying the 10 commandments needs to replace the constitution or bill of rights.

Its religious text that been around for a very long time.

Your intentionally looking for something to complain about with every commandment. That's fine and all, but nobody says this replaces law.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Zaryia
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

I think the 10 commandments are pretty

Hey guy, I'm not saying the 10 commandments needs to replace the constitution or bill of rights.

Your intentionally looking for something to complain about with every commandment. That's fine and all, but nobody says this replaces law.

Can we use tenants from Islam or Sikhism? Require them in all class rooms?

Something tells me these same lawmakers would go nuts.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By SargentD
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Sure I don't care if there is scripture of those in schools somewhere.

However id say Christianity would be more common religious scripture here in America. But I think it's good for people to learn scripture. Even from other religions. It's super interesting and has a lot of influence in humanity as a whole, governments have been built around religions, society's. In good ways and in bad ways.

I don't have issue with any scripture in a school. Our currency even has "in God we trust" printed on it

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Zaryia

@sargentd said:
@zaryia said:
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Sure I don't care

These law makers heads would explode lol.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Maroxad

@sargentd said:

Nah, pretty much every commandment aside from 6 and 8 are absolute trash. If these were moral guidelines they would not have bothered me that much, but these are clearly written as law.

They were bad even for the time. The Code of Hammurabi while definately primitive by today's standards, still were a far more moral and just system compared to the 10 commandments.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By SargentD
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Nah, pretty much every commandment aside from 6 and 8 are absolute trash. If these were moral guidelines they would not have bothered me that much, but these are clearly written as law.

They were bad even for the time. The Code of Hammurabi while definately primitive by today's standards, still were a far more moral and just system compared to the 10 commandments.

There is nothing that sticks out to me in the 10 commandments that is inherently bad. Sure you can not like them as much as something else written but what does that matter?

They are moral guidelines.

Most of your complaints are "this would be a horrible law to enforce".

No one's saying that, I thought this thread was about the 10 commandments being shown in a public school??

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

I gave up

We know.

Racial gerrymandering and the war on drugs (certain components) ALONE defeats your false premise. These are real things with lots of data, and no one contests that it's a real thing. It's a solid example of systemic racism, showing you were wrong.

The rest just bury you, and I don't even need the remaining studies (most of which contain entirely fact based conclusions which have not been refuted).

Keep quoting me out of context it's the same way you like your data 🤣🤣!

Garbage studies from activist which have 0 credibility. Your police killings study, and the " structural racism study" were so cringe inducingly bad the fact you buy into that bullshit tells me everything I need to know about you.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

I gave up

We know.

Garbage studies from activist which have 0 credibility.

Citation? You're straight up acting like I posted PragerU or Breitbart. A lot of these are from reputable journals. You're spamming random ad-homs at my sources. Climate deniers do the same exact thing.

"Those 13 studies don't count because of something I randomly said! And no I won't give proof, I'm going to just keep pretending I'm a PHD in this field and that my video game forum post is published and peer reviewed!"

You need to post the counter studies. IE: To say there is no racial gerrymandering is actually insanity. You might as well tell me vaccines are fake next.

• Gerrymandering | Definition, Litigation, & Facts | Britannica
  • North Carolina Supreme Court strikes down redistricting maps : NPR
  • Supreme Court Decision Means Partisan Redistricting Issue Will Be Left To States : NPR

In a 2016 case, the Supreme Court struck down the GOP redistricting map as an unconstitutional racial gerrymander. Those maps were nonetheless used in the 2018 election because Republican lawmakers told the lower courts that they had not done any preparation to redraw the maps and would need considerable time to do so.

I hate debating whether reality is real. This is almost as stupid as debating which side is worse for climate change and vaccines. Oh wait, for some god forsaken reason that actually happened earlier ITT too.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Zaryia

Speak of the devil (today),

In win for Republicans, North Carolina court allows partisan gerrymandering | Reuters

In a separate decision, the court's conservative judges also upheld a Republican-backed voter identification law that the court's previous Democratic majority had struck down as racially discriminatory.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

Citation? You're straight up acting like I posted PragerU or Breitbart. A lot of these are from reputable journals

From one of the studies you posted .

As a collective of women of color, anti-racist health scholars we unequivocally assert that America is, and has always been, a racist country.

Self-proclaimed anti-racist health scholars. Holy shit did they just make that up? That's what you call reliable 🤣????

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@zaryia: They're never going to take this seriously Save yourself the headache.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 SargentD

@InEMplease: voter ID is necessary, so that's a win. Democrats are full of shit. Requiring ID to vote is not racist.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 InEMplease

@sargentd said:

@InEMplease: voter ID is necessary, so that's a win. Democrats are full of shit. Requiring ID to vote is not racist.

The constitution would disagree.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Maroxad
@sargentd said:

There is nothing that sticks out to me in the 10 commandments that is inherently bad. Sure you can not like them as much as something else written but what does that matter?

No one's saying that, I thought this thread was about the 10 commandments being shown in a public school??

Read the bible, they are clearly intended as laws. Which is why a guy literally got the death penalty for working on the Sabbath.

But beyond being terrible laws: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 are also bad moral guidelines. Period.

They have no place in modern society. And the fact that some Republicans seem so obsessed with putting them all over the place is deeply disturbing. The American Century is over, and the Chinese century has begun. One reason for this is that, a good chunk the US is stuck clinging to the past, while China is embracing the future.

These Republicans, trying to shove them everywhere. are dragging america into the mud. And they should not be shown in public places, period. They belong in the church, nowhere else.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 InEMplease

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Read the bible, they are clearly intended as laws. Which is why a guy literally got the death penalty for working on the Sabbath.

But beyond being terrible laws: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 are also bad moral guidelines. Period.

They have no place in modern society. And the fact that some Republicans seem so obsessed with putting them all over the place is deeply disturbing. The American Century is over, and the Chinese century has begun. One reason for this is that, a good chunk the US is stuck clinging to the past, while China is embracing the future.

These Republicans, trying to shove them everywhere. are dragging america into the mud. And they should not be shown in public places, period. They belong in the church, nowhere else.

Acceptance, but only if you accept what we allow.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

@InEMplease: "Acceptance, but only if you accept what we allow"

I mean, you're not wrong, but doesn't that describe literally every moral and legal code on earth?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 InEMplease

@sancho_panzer said:

I mean, you're not wrong, but doesn't that describe literally every moral and legal code on earth?

Yeah, until some dweeb starts trying to tell everyone how to live their lives.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Sancho_Panzer

@InEMplease: I'm sorry, you've lost me.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 InEMplease

@sancho_panzer said:

@InEMplease: I'm sorry, you've lost me.

I'm sorry too.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Sancho_Panzer

@InEMplease: :((

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 InEMplease

@sancho_panzer said:

@InEMplease: :((

Butt :)))

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Sancho_Panzer

@InEMplease: hurhurr. XD

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Maroxad

@sancho_panzer said:

There is a difference between legal codes rooted in utilitarianism and those rooted in control.

The first 3 commandments makes it abundantly clear the 10 commandments are more rooted in control, rather than the well being of people. Which is why they are so disgusting.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Sancho_Panzer

@Maroxad: They were once utilitarian IMO. In spite of what you might have been told, neither the Decalogue nor society is static. All codes go the same way eventually: property rights and self justification.

The adultery stuff in particular can go hang. You know how many marriages have been saved by the fact people like me are prepared to take one for the team and bang your wife on the regular?

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 InEMplease

@sancho_panzer: WTF I bet you're a virgin.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@InEMplease: how much? I'm afraid I don't have an intact or otherwise hymen to photograph, so you're going to have to take my word here.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Maroxad
@sancho_panzer said:

@Maroxad: They were once utilitarian IMO. In spite of what you might have been told, neither the Decalogue nor society is static. All codes go the same way eventually: property rights and self justification.

The adultery stuff in particular can go hang. You know how many marriages have been saved by the fact people like me are prepared to take one for the team and bang your wife on the regular?

No they weren't.

They were about control. If they were about actually improving the lives of people. Half the commandments wouldnt be there. They were also far behind other codes of law that existed thousands of years before. And commandments like Thou Shalt Not Kill, would be near the top.

They were primitive and barbaric even for the time.

Worse still, the original tablets broke, which resulted in new commandments being written in their place. And here it went mask off with the whole control scheme. See Chapter 34 of Exodus for them. Absolutely barbaric.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@Maroxad: Is that because you believe humanity to be intrinsically evil? Or maybe just Judaism? If your conviction rests on contentious archaeological foundations, I'll stick to my ignorant opinions.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
@Maroxad said:

Worse still, the original tablets broke, which resulted in new commandments being written in their place. And here it went mask off with the whole control scheme. See Chapter 34 of Exodus for them. Absolutely barbaric.

So we're agreed on that much... The history is blurred beyond recognition. So why assume the worst of the origins? Again, sounds like a presumption about human nature which most of us probably don't share. Kind of a conspiracy theory... involving Jews?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Maroxad
@sancho_panzer said:

@Maroxad: Is that because you believe humanity to be intrinsically evil? Or maybe just Judaism? If this rests on contentious archaeological foundations, I'll stick to my ignorant opinions.

I believe that organized religion is an insult to human dignity.

Especially if said religion originated from a sect worshipping an actual war god. And that is not my own lingo there. Yahweh was a Canaanite God of War. Yahweh Sabaoth translates to Lord of the Armies.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Maroxad
@sancho_panzer said:
@Maroxad said:

So we're agreed on that much... The history is blurred beyond recognition. So why assume the worst of the origins? Again, sounds like a presumption about human nature which most of us probably don't share. Kind of a conspiracy theory... involving Jews?

There is ample historical evidence about the origins of the Abrahamic Religions. The Yahwism followed in ancient palestine was not Judaism.

The Yahwists, specifically demanded control from their subjects after usurping power. So from a historical perspective it makes sense. They wanted to weed out competition. It was never about improving the well being of the citizenry.

The bible itself is full of vestiges to its polytheistic past. That is why so much of the Old Testament makes no sense in a monotheistic lens.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Sancho_Panzer

@Maroxad: all sounds a bit archaeological mumbo jumbo to me, I'm afraid, but thank you for the insight. It's good to know what motivates differing opinions.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Zaryia
@InEMplease said:

Yeah I'm not going to give serious replies anymore until I see counter studies. After he just spammed ad-hominems for two pages straight on my peer reviewed studies without even countering one with citation, I tried another tactic and gave him multiple court rulings literally stating my position as a legal fact. Racial Gerrymandering being objectively real. Still nothing.

There is no point, this is like "debating" a Flat Earther.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@InEMplease said:

Yeah I'm not going to bother anymore. After he just spammed ad-hominems for two pages straight on my peer reviewed studies without even countering one with citatoin, I tried another tactic and gave him multiple court rulings literally stating my position as a legal fact. Racial Gerrymandering being objectively real. Still nothing.

How are you ignoring all the trash studies you posted just to focus on " racial gerrymandering" something the Democrats also do btw?

I want you to address the fact you said this was a reliable source

As a collective of women of color, anti-racist health scholars we unequivocally assert that America is, and has always been, a racist country.

Do you acknowledge some of the studies you posted were trash created by activist?

Ps: no I'm not a flat earther because I actually deal in facts and common sense. Since your going off topic never forget your side thinks males that play dress up are women.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Maroxad
@zaryia said:
@InEMplease said:

Yeah I'm not going to bother anymore. After he just spammed ad-hominems for two pages straight on my peer reviewed studies without even countering one with citatoin, I tried another tactic and gave him multiple court rulings literally stating my position as a legal fact. Racial Gerrymandering being objectively real. Still nothing.

Its actually kinda funny how pretty much everyone on this board seem to be agreeing that SilentChief is not worth "debating" with. As well as how manyu people have been comparing them to a flat earther.

Whether it is the denial of transgender validity, or systemic racism. I have noticed this has been the go-to logical fallacy, to try to dismiss the studies that contradict their delusions.