Republican congressional candidate in Pennsylvania sues to throw out corrected ballots

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Republican congressional candidate in Pennsylvania sues to throw out corrected ballots

uhh...what...lol?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/524267-republican-congressional-candidate-in-pennsylvania-sues-to-throw-out

Kathy Barnette, who is a candidate for Pennsylvania's 4th Congressional District, sued senior elections officials of Montgomery County, which includes parts of Philadelphia, asking that the court “set aside and declare void any ballots that have been submitted to Montgomery County and subsequently changed,” the Post reported.

The lawsuit holds that county officials allegedly violated state election laws by contacting voters and allowing them to fix any issues with their mail-in ballots prior to Election Day. It also alleges that witnesses were not notified of the changes or allowed access to view the process, according to the Post.

Barnette reportedly also alleged that her constitutional rights were infringed upon. According to Barnette's complaint, nearly 1,200 voters submitted flawed mail ballots, the Post reported.

This is getting sad. That's worse reasoning than that drive in sham suit.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

It’s going to be a looooong week. This will not be the last lawsuit...

As for this particular case it’s hard to say. This isn’t nam’, there are rules. She has the right to sue to test if they were broken.

Questioning the legitimacy of votes is not always wrong. If you weren’t allowed to sue it would be the wild west out there.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

As for this particular case it’s hard to say. This isn’t nam’, there are rules. She has the right to sue to test if they were broken.

Questioning the legitimacy of votes is not always wrong. If you weren’t allowed to sue it would be the wild west out there.

You are correct. If someone feels rules are broken that is what the courts are for, but Zaryia just likes to bring these news stories up like they are breaking the rules. They have every right to bring votes to the courts to see if rules where broken. I also agree rules should be followed. That is the entire reason you have them.

If they courts throw them out then they were illegal votes if not they should be counted. Pretty simple concept.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sushiglutton  Online

@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

You are correct. If someone feels rules are broken that is what the courts are for, but Zaryia just likes to bring these news stories up like they are breaking the rules. They have every right to bring votes to the courts to see if rules where broken. I also agree rules should be followed. That is the entire reason you have them.

If they courts throw them out then they were illegal votes if not they should be counted. Pretty simple concept.

Agree completely. Rule of law and all that jazz.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

But if the right wing keep bringing false claims that go before a right wing judge then the impact could be significant. While I appreciate that is the goal, it is still pretty shady for you right wingers to support it.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sushiglutton  Online

@tenaka2 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

But if the right wing keep bringing false claims that go before a right wing judge then the impact could be significant. While I appreciate that is the goal, it is still pretty shady for you right wingers to support it.

What happened to not casting unsubstantiated doubt at the democratic process? There’s is nothing here saying the system is not working.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Xabiss said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Rules are rules man. So if a lawsuit goes in front of a democrat lawyer it should not happen either? That is also why we have different levels of courts to help against this type of thing also. Seriously people I always here this crap and then the courts rule against it and you all still cry about it. Seriously get over it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Just more lies. No fraud in PA except by the GOP.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Isn't PA's electoral points going to Trump anyways? Last time I checked, it's 85% ballots counted with Trump leading by almost 400,000 votes. Unless I'm missing something?

Count the votes and verify them by all means .

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Isn't PA's electoral points going to Trump anyways? Last time I checked, it's 85% ballots counted with Trump leading by almost 400,000 votes. Unless I'm missing something?

The majority of the votes are from Democratic areas. Most Republicans voted in person rather than absentee/mail in. And the counties with the votes still out tend to be democratic. So about a million more need to be counted. Anything can happen.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@drunk_pi said:

The majority of the votes are from Democratic areas. Most Republicans voted in person rather than absentee/mail in. And the counties with the votes still out tend to be democratic. So about a million more need to be counted. Anything can happen.

Okay. I guess that's why I hear some commotion about Georgia as well, which I assume is true for that.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

Trump is going to lose in PA big from a pure number of votes perspective. It won’t be a few thousand, it will likely be 100-200k.

Any recount or lawsuit to throw out a few hundred ballots isn’t going to make a bit of difference.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

@zaryia: Yeah, good luck with that. Already had three attempts thrown out by two different Republican placed judges. They're just wasting time and money.