Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Wow, the DNC rigged the election for their chosen candidate before 2020. I guess Party > Policy with democrats.

Blue wave? ....NOT. They just excluded a large portion of voters -- millennials. They know they can't win on philosophy and policies, so they just gotta rig it for the rich.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/391459-dnc-panel-adopts-rule-requiring-candidates-to-run-serve-as-a-democrat

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Uugh. The DNC has been trying very hard to learn nothing from 2016.

Though if you read the article all the way through, it does state that the candidate needs to affirm they are a Democrat when they announce their candidacy. So this would only keep Bernie out if he just really didn't want to do that.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gaming-Planet
@judaspete said:

Though if you read the article all the way through, it does state that the candidate needs to affirm they are a Democrat when they announce their candidacy. So this would only keep Bernie out if he just really didn't want to do that.

I guess they suspected that Bernie would run again.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:

Wow, the DNC rigged the election for their chosen candidate before 2020. I guess Party > Policy with democrats.

Blue wave? ....NOT. They just excluded a large portion of voters -- millennials. They know they can't win on philosophy and policies, so they just gotta rig it for the rich.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/391459-dnc-panel-adopts-rule-requiring-candidates-to-run-serve-as-a-democrat

First, Bernie Sanders lost because he could not get enough votes, not because of someone "rigged" the primaries.

And this move by the DNC is not a bad idea, considering that some DNC contributes the loss to the problems coming from the Bernie camp. IE many of the "millennials" not voting out of spite.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gaming-Planet
@Jacanuk said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

First, Bernie Sanders lost because he could not get enough votes, not because of someone "rigged" the primaries.

And this move by the DNC is not a bad idea, considering that some DNC contributes the loss to the problems coming from the Bernie camp. IE many of the "millennials" not voting out of spite.

Oh yeah... those Super Delegates and media coverage of Bernie.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Super Delegates didn't cost him the election.

Anyway what's the issue with having someone in your party run and not another party? You want more parties then support more parties.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I will say that this is bad optics, it could come back and really hurt Democrats. That being said, I think Bernie made plenty of mistakes that led directly to this. He basically ran the first leg of the Republican campaign, hitting Hillary hard with a lot of low-blow attacks that would be picked up by Trump in the general. Further, his endorsement of her was lukewarm at best and sour grapes at worst. He basically told his supporters that he didn't like her at all, but if they had to vote for someone might as well be her. Way to be a team player, Bernie! And I do think that most of his problems were in some way linked to the toxic dumpster fire that is Jeff Weaver, but it was still a gut punch for Democrats to give a platform to an Independent and then have him throw a tantrum and stomp away when he didn't win. Compare what Hillary did when she lost to President Obama to what Bernie did when he lost to Hillary and it's night and day.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Bernie isn't a democrat (by name only) and does very little to even help out downstream tickets, so I can see where they're coming from. With that being said, they need to focus on the bigger picture which means not alienating a certain segment, which this most certainly will do. The guy is 80 and shouldn't be running, this is ignoring some of his hilariously stupid platform stances and protectionist measures.

He needs to accept his role as influencing the democratic platform while not simultaneously scuttling it. He's a man of principle and doesn't seem willing to negotiate (at least through rhetoric). This isn't something I'm keen on in a candidate. If his goal is to actually institute the policies he clamors on about he's doing the absolute worst job at it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

So... the tens of millions of millennials out there need to band together on social media and pick a write in candidate and all vote for them.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts
@HoolaHoopMan said:

Bernie isn't a democrat (by name only) and does very little to even help out downstream tickets, so I can see where they're coming from. With that being said, they need to focus on the bigger picture which means not alienating a certain segment, which this most certainly will do. The guy is 80 and shouldn't be running, this is ignoring some of his hilariously stupid platform stances and protectionist measures.

He needs to accept his role as influencing the democratic platform while not simultaneously scuttling it. He's a man of principle and doesn't seem willing to negotiate (at least through rhetoric). This isn't something I'm keen on in a candidate. If his goal is to actually institute the policies he clamors on about he's doing the absolute worst job at it.

He's not really in the business of winning elections, which makes him problematic as a presidential candidate:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/bernie-sanders-revolution-isnt-carrying-his-candidates-through-the-midterms

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

I feel like the Democratic Party mandating that people running for president in the Democratic Party should actually be democrats isn’t entirely unreasonable

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@judaspete said:

Yeah they've been relatively quiet for a while, I was expecting something terrible to come from it.

Oh well, more votes for third party folks. Which, I might add, have been getting more votes each and every election. Not nearly enough haha.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Democratic party is a mess,

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts
@n64dd said:

Democratic party is a mess,

So, you think that having the Democratic party only have Democrats run in the Democratic race is unreasonable?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Gaming-Planet:

Should be no outsiders *period*. Trump is a good example why.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#17 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@judaspete said:

Yeah they've been relatively quiet for a while, I was expecting something terrible to come from it.

Oh well, more votes for third party folks. Which, I might add, have been getting more votes each and every election. Not nearly enough haha.

Not even in the realm of enough. Can't say I'm surprised. Libertarian Party is an absolute joke, having that nutcase (and accused murderer) John Mcaffe run and equal nutcase Adam Kokesh endorsing him. Ross Perot is laughing at the amount of votes they get.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts
@Gaming-Planet said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Super Delegates mean nothing.

Like in 2008 , the superdelegates follow the candidate that is winning not the one some backroom deal has as the winner.

If Bernie hadn´t lost primary upon primary and alienated pretty much the entire African-American community, he may have stood a chance.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

I feel like the Democratic Party mandating that people running for president in the Democratic Party should actually be democrats isn’t entirely unreasonable

Exactly. Look what happened with the Republicans when trump stuck an R next to his name.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Democrats are paid to loose.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Opening door for next trump

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

The dnc didn't rig anything. That's stupid.

Loading Video...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

So they're saying that you have to be a democrat to be part of the democrat party. Thats.........I mean, yeah? That's a pretty obvious barrier of entry, right?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Are you guys seriously upset that the Democratic party wants their presidential candidates to be democrats?