Nearly 1,500 immigrant children have been "lost" by the US government after separation from parents at the border

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Source: MSNBC's Chris Hayes

Yeah, I know it's MSNBC, but this just makes me want to cry. Hayes' reaction just sums it all up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Apparently some have gotten into the hands of human traffickers. Horrifying stuff.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoboy16
@perfect_blue said:

Apparently some have gotten into the hands of human traffickers. Horrifying stuff.

Yep. As if the Trump Administration doesn't already make me disgusted as a citizen enough.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

This administration sucks in so many ways. Unfortunately they still have support among certain segments of society.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

Good news, everybody!

Trump thinks his own policy on this matter is horrible and urges Congress to force him to stop it.

Link

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Nice clickbait title there and also nice twisting of facts.

Because let´s get one thing clear here, The agencies have not lost track of up to 1500 kids "taken away from their parents" they have lost track of kids who as is clearly put in the article "The children were taken into government care after they showed up alone at the Southwest border" Which means that this is kids who travel alone and who have family or other relatives in America they go to.

Also there are 2 sides to every story and since this is a one-sided video which you clearly know, I right now do not have a problem with policies on asylum seekers who "miraculously" can travel across the Atlantic to America or come from countries in South-America where it may be hard but not hard enough to flee.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl

@nintendoboy16:If you're looking for better sources, it looks like this was also reported by the NY Times and the Associated Press. Those reports were based on statements made by Steven Wagner, the secretary of Administration for Children and Families for the Department of Health and Human Services which can be found here (quoted below). It's worth noting that many of these cases are not the result of the new Trump policy. That policy merely exacerbates the problem by causing additional separations.

From October to December 2017, ORR attempted to reach 7,635 UAC and their sponsors. Of this number, ORR reached and received agreement to participate in the safety and well-being call from approximately 86 percent of sponsors. From these calls, ORR learned that 6,075 UAC remained with their sponsors. Twenty-eight UAC had run away, five had been removed from the United States, and 52 had relocated to live with a non-sponsor. ORR was unable to determine with certainty the whereabouts of 1,475 UAC. Based on the calls, ORR referred 792 cases, which were in need of further assistance, to the National Call Center for additional information and services.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoboy16

@mattbbpl: Thanks! I know the ACLU (who had a rep in the video) reported on it too (and plan to sue Trump for it). But this is one instance where posting something from MSNBC I thought was enough.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattbbpl

@nintendoboy16: Anytime!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

What's a nation without a border control? It's no longer a country at that point.

Might as well open all boarders across the earth.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16
@Gaming-Planet said:

What's a nation without a border control? It's no longer a country at that point.

Border Patrol shouldn't justify taking children out of their parents arms for no good reason (and further more "losing" them, possibly to human traffickers). If the parents were abusive, sure, but even then that's the job of the CPS.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jacanuk
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

Border Patrol shouldn't justify taking children out of their parents arms for no good reason (and further more "losing" them, possibly to human traffickers). If the parents were abusive, sure, but even then that's the job of the CPS.

I have no idea why you keep lying? when not only I but even Matt showed you that there is not talk about losing "kids taken from their parents" but "losing" kids who come up as UAC or as they are known "Unaccompanied Alien Children"

This is an important fact when you seem to keep banging on about it.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

That's pretty bad, A good amount of them can probably be found in videos somewhere on the Dark web.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@perfect_blue said:

Yep. As if the Trump Administration doesn't already make me disgusted as a citizen enough.

This is nothing new it happened under Obama, but the media would never report it because he could do no wrong he was their god. If you looked at what really happens you wouldn't be so stupid. The children are placed with family member many who are illegal. Ehen DHS calls to check on them the families have moved or won't return calls to prevent the children from going to the deportation hearing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk
@Treflis said:

That's pretty bad, A good amount of them can probably be found in videos somewhere on the Dark web.

Or maybe they just went back to their parents or went to work on the many farms in Cali that harbours illegals.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Treflis

@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

Or maybe they just went back to their parents or went to work on the many farms in Cali that harbours illegals.

I remember when I had such a innocent view on the world.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk
@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

How so?

UAC kids are clearly not here because they did not have a place to go. Usually, UAC kids are sent to work on farms with relatives or they are going to parents who already entered us illegally.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis

@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Treflis said:

How so?

UAC kids are clearly not here because they did not have a place to go. Usually, UAC kids are sent to work on farms with relatives or they are going to parents who already entered us illegally.

Or human traffickers have gotten their hands on them and sold them to shady individuals, groups and/or businesses.

That's the thing about them being lost, nobody knows where they are and what they are doing now.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

How so?

Assumptions aren't facts.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

What's a country without borders? A country without borders.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#23  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Yep lets blame Trump and not the idiots who decided to cross the boarder illegally. and besides OP, those kids weren't kidnapped from their families, they were already separated before having been put into custody, but yeah sure keep up the fake news tactic, it worked out great for you back in 2016.

And even assuming your story is true, would you rather those kids be in the hands of the government or human traffickers like MS13?

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Don't worry people, I'm sure they're all given nice jobs, somewhere...

@Gaming-Planet:

Noooooooo! Don't open the boarders! Foreigners might come in!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Dark_sageX said:

Yep lets blame Trump and not the idiots who decided to cross the boarder illegally. and besides OP, those kids weren't kidnapped from their families,

And even assuming your story is true,

Citation needed that this is a false story.

That is a bold claim and I'm going to need to see something.

@Dark_sageX said:

but yeah sure keep up the fake news tactic, it worked out great for you back in 2016.

Indeed. According to our major Intelligence Agencies, Fake News tactic likely worked well for Trump in 2016 as the Russian campaign to spread dis-information was widely successful. It reached over 200million users, and dozens of millions in swing states.

Oh, wait, are you talking about the fictional talking point of "Fake News" of which NYT, WaPo, CNN, ABC, NBS, CBS, BBC, PBS, and The Guardian regularly reported false stories on Donald Trump?

I can't tell.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Yep lets blame Trump and not the idiots who decided to cross the boarder illegally. and besides OP, those kids weren't kidnapped from their families,

And even assuming your story is true,

Citation needed that this is a false story.

That is a bold claim and I'm going to need to see something.

@Dark_sageX said:

but yeah sure keep up the fake news tactic, it worked out great for you back in 2016.

Indeed. According to our major Intelligence Agencies, Fake News tactic likely worked well for Trump in 2016 as the Russian campaign to spread dis-information was widely successful. It reached over 200million users, and dozens of millions in swing states.

Oh, wait, are you talking about the fictional talking point of "Fake News" of which NYT, WaPo, CNN, ABC, NBS, CBS, BBC, PBS, and The Guardian regularly reported false stories on Donald Trump?

I can't tell.

If you bothered reading the other posts in the thread, you would see that the "story" that 1500 kids are taken from their families and somehow lost is a blatant lie and does not hold a ounce of truth , almost like those pictures from during Obama´s tenure in the whitehouse from immigration centers, which some leftist spin doctors, decided to link as if it was taken now.

There are even several links since I know you love those.

Also, the policy is not new and was there under Obama and Bush, the only difference is the way it´s being used now under Trump.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

How so?

Assumptions aren't facts.

Can he provide citation for that?