deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

The Fox News Channel and a wealthy supporter of President Trump worked in concert under the watchful eye of the White House to concoct a story about the death of a young Democratic National Committee aide, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

The explosive claim is part of a lawsuit filed against Fox News by Rod Wheeler, a longtime paid commentator for the news network. The suit was obtained exclusively by NPR.

Wheeler alleges Fox News and the Trump supporter intended to deflect public attention from growing concern about the administration's ties to the Russian government. His suit charges that a Fox News reporter created quotations out of thin air and attributed them to him to propel her story.

Fox's president of news, Jay Wallace, told NPR on Monday that there was no "concrete evidence" that Wheeler was misquoted by the reporter, Malia Zimmerman. The news executive did not address a question about the story's allegedly partisan origins. Fox News declined to allow Zimmerman to comment for this story.

More here: http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783715/lawsuit-alleges-fox-news-and-trump-supporter-created-fake-news-story

smh if true. Seems like there's nothing the current administration won't do.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

It no longer matters. Once your supporters begin to argue that unethical actions are only a problem if they can be prosecuted, then nothing short of criminal actions will be seen as compelling.

And if collusion with a foreign power prompts responses of, "Sure, but is it illegal?" then this will be no different.

doomdizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 doomdizzle
Member since 2017 • 528 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

It no longer matters. Once your supporters begin to argue that unethical actions are only a problem if they can be prosecuted, then nothing short of criminal actions will be seen as compelling.

And if collusion with a foreign power prompts responses of, "Sure, but is it illegal?" then this will be no different.

Glad you got in before Jacunuk or N64DD could come in say just that. I'm sure Jimb will break the mold though.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Ignoring the implications of pushing such a story, it's still saddening to see people (let along news organizations) pushing conspiracy nonsense like this. Didn't Trump say he'd love to loosen libel laws too? Perhaps not if it's his administration or allies that are smearing others.

This is a text book move right out of the Ministry of Truth.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

This is probably one of the most disturbing stories to come out about the White House yet, the fact that they would stoop to this kind of a low is just unthinkable to me. I am without words.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@RedEyedMonster8 said:

This is probably one of the most disturbing stories to come out about the White House yet, the fact that they would stoop to this kind of a low is just unthinkable to me. I am without words.

I mean.......... the whole point of the 96 communications act was to do this. It was to grant Washington more power over controlling and constructing media narratives.

That said, this does not mean we can be dismissive of the situation and case. There are still plenty of legitimate questions people have and questionable actions after the case by the DNC that happened no matter what political ideology you subscribe to.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Even if this isn't true, would anyone be surprised if it was?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Doesn't Kushner own, or at one point didn't he own, tabloids? I am pretty sure he used them to push a whole bunch of nonsense and threaten to push nonsense at people.*

I wouldn't put this past Trump at all, either way, given his various connections and biased favoritism.

*the answer is yes

link 1

link 2

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

@kod said:
@RedEyedMonster8 said:

I mean.......... the whole point of the 96 communications act was to do this. It was to grant Washington more power over controlling and constructing media narratives.

That said, this does not mean we can be dismissive of the situation and case. There are still plenty of legitimate questions people have and questionable actions after the case by the DNC that happened no matter what political ideology you subscribe to.

My point is, the fact that the White House would stoop to the low of using someone's death to distract from their own woes just amazes me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

If you watch FOX News then this won't matter, probably just fake news fabricated by the liberal media as far as they are concerned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

So, apparently it looks like Donnie and Spicer may have to testify.

Wigdor confirmed to LawNewz.com that Trump and Spicer are among witnesses he wants to testify at depositions for the case. The complaint Wigdor filed on Tuesday alleges that Fox News reporter Malia Zimmerman and contributor Ed Butowski met with Spicer to discuss the story, and that President Trump himself had a hand in the editing process.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/president-trump-may-have-to-testify-in-seth-rich-lawsuit/

Image result for lemon of troy.gif