Kenosha protests: 17 year old gunman arrested and charged for first degree homicide, defended by right-wing media

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#302 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Willy105: Who's the murdererer? The 17 year old who defended himself against a child rapist and violent felons?

De-fund the police makes much more sense when talking to a cop like you. Dear god we need less people like you the streets, getting paid to act like that.

People like you are the cause of the riots across america.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 tenaka2

@jeezers said:

@tenaka2: at what point does the 17yo lose his right to self defense?

About the same time he was arrested for a mass killing?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Treflis said:

I'd say I'm surprised, but considering this is the US and the citizens are so divided on their political positions and they turn up to demonstrations with firearms, it was only a matter of time before someone opened fire.

And naturally the division continues in the topic where some see those shot as victims and the gunman as a killer, and the others see it as them getting what they deserve and the gunman as a sort of 2nd amendment hero.

It's honestly a tragic spectacle to see.

Such a pretty picture you paint.

The guy illegally carried a weapon, the guy illegally crossed state line, the guy murdered people.

If he wasn't white this thread would not exist and the alt right people in this thread would be calling for the chair.

Well I ain't been proven wrong with the picture I paint so far.
Both sides are so deep in their trenches that I doubt there will be a civil discourse anytime soon, and I suspect more on both sides will suffer until then.

If anyone disagree, prove me wrong.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By tenaka2

@Treflis said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Treflis said:

I'd say I'm surprised, but considering this is the US and the citizens are so divided on their political positions and they turn up to demonstrations with firearms, it was only a matter of time before someone opened fire.

And naturally the division continues in the topic where some see those shot as victims and the gunman as a killer, and the others see it as them getting what they deserve and the gunman as a sort of 2nd amendment hero.

It's honestly a tragic spectacle to see.

Such a pretty picture you paint.

The guy illegally carried a weapon, the guy illegally crossed state line, the guy murdered people.

If he wasn't white this thread would not exist and the alt right people in this thread would be calling for the chair.

Well I ain't been proven wrong with the picture I paint so far.

Both sides are so deep in their trenches that I doubt there will be a civil discourse anytime soon, and I suspect more on both sides will suffer until then.

If anyone disagree, prove me wrong.

You are dismissive of the facts, like the arrest and the murder charges and the killings etc.

But I agree that both sides are entrenched on their opinions of vigilante killings.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

@tenaka2: "The guy left his home and travelled away from it with an assault rifle on his back in order to go hunting,"

Literally all of this is bullshit.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 tenaka2

@Chutebox said:

@tenaka2: "The guy left his home and travelled away from it with an assault rifle on his back in order to go hunting,"

Yet the facts and photos and his arrest prove it to be true.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127530 Posts

He did show up with a gun to protect some business... Normally I would say if you show up with a gun, be prepared to use it. But he was 17, doubt he thought about it that way. Hoped the sight of it would keep him safe, and bring a medkit to help injured people.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 tenaka2

@horgen said:

He did show up with a gun to protect some business... Normally I would say if you show up with a gun, be prepared to use it. But he was 17, doubt he thought about it that way. Hoped the sight of it would keep him safe, and bring a medkit to help injured people.

No, he illegally carried a gun to go shoot people, hence his arrest for first degree murder.

You apologist can try and pretend he went out shopping for his sick grandma all you want, the facts the arrest and the deaths all prove you wrong.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Chutebox

@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:

Yet the facts and photos and his arrest prove it to be true.

You're confused. I'm sorry.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By Chutebox
@horgen said:

That's supposedly why this all happened. He went to help someone who was injured. He was separated from the other men and the idiots rioting recognized him. Then the stupid chase was on.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 tenaka2

@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

That's supposedly why this all happened. He went to help someone who was injured. He was separated from the other men and the idiots rioting recognized him. Then the stupid chase was on.

Then why didn't he call the police when he was finished killing? Why call his friend first to celebrate it?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Chutebox

@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

Then why didn't he call the police when he was finished killing? Why call his friend first to celebrate it?

He walked to the Police to turn himself in and tell them what happened. Seriously...

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 tenaka2

@Chutebox said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

He walked to the Police to turn himself in and tell them what happened. Seriously...

No he didn't, you seem to be confusing this with a separate incident?

You seem to be confused about this case.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 horgen  Moderator

@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

He very much put himself in a situation where using it was likely. Perhaps playing with fire and got burned is somewhat useful analogy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Chutebox

@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:
@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

No he didn't, you seem to be confusing this with a separate incident?

You seem to be confused about this case.

Nope. Right after it he walked to the police to tell them what happened. He walked with his hands up so they wouldn't shoot him because of his gun. They told him to keep moving and didn't let him get close.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Chutebox

@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

He very much put himself in a situation where using it was likely. Perhaps playing with fire and got burned is somewhat useful analogy.

I guess it depends on perspective, I agree with you but I don't. I like that he wanted to help people. I don't like that he had a gun. I don't know, it's hard to be honest. If you legit wanted to help people, would you go into that disaster without some form of protection?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 tenaka2

@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

I guess it depends on perspective, I agree with you but I don't. I like that he wanted to help people. I don't like that he had a gun. I don't know, it's hard to be honest. If you legit wanted to help people, would you go into that disaster without some form of protection?

If he wasn't white and illegally carrying a firearm this thread wouldn't exist. But that is america these days.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Chutebox

@tenaka2 said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

If he wasn't white and illegally carrying a firearm this thread wouldn't exist. But that is america these days.

Don't be a race monger. Be better.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 horgen  Moderator

@Chutebox said:

Bodyarmour would be protection, helmet, shoulder, knee protection like skaters often use. He was equipped to escalate a situation into a shooting. Which happened. Bringing the gun was his choice.

Many who are against these protests judge them by their worst offenders, while judge their own by their best intentions. Visa versa for those who support the protests.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@tenaka2: You are so far from the facts. I see your still have no clue what actually went on. If you get banned, it'd be from spreading misinformation. If you actually want to be taken seriously, please do some research as to what happened... get the facts.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Chutebox

@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

Bodyarmour would be protection, helmet, shoulder, knee protection like skaters often use. He was equipped to escalate a situation into a shooting. Which happened. Bringing the gun was his choice.

Many who are against these protests judge them by their worst offenders, while judge their own by their best intentions. Visa versa for those who support the protests.

If a group of people decided to attack him and he was armed with what you just said, he'd be in the hospital or the morgue.

He wasn't out looking for this (from what I've read). He was helping other people and got attacked.

And ya, I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to ex felons who were the aggressors. Not happening.

I am sad that people lost their lives though.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#324 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@Chutebox: he was the threat carrying an ar 15 and going down the street he is just lucky he was white, still why are you ignoring that the kid broke the law

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Chutebox

@sheep99 said:

@Chutebox: he was the threat carrying an ar 15 and going down the street he is just lucky he was white, still why are you ignoring that the kid broke the law

First, I never ignored he broke the law. I even posted the law he broke in this thread earlier.

Second, just because you are carrying a gun doesn't make you a threat.

Third, stop with race mongering bullshit. It solves nothing.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#326 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts

@tenaka2 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Willy105: Who's the murdererer? The 17 year old who defended himself against a child rapist and violent felons?

De-fund the police makes much more sense when talking to a cop like you. Dear god we need less people like you the streets, getting paid to act like that.

People like you are the cause of the riots across america.

Remember, it's important to disagree without being disagreeable. Luckily, there is plenty of case law which outline defense against great bolidy injury and/or death. Something in which is pivotal in this case where a 17 year old used deadly force against three violent individuals with very violent history (such as a child rape).

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@horgen: To be fair even medics carry a side arm though, he would of been in more trouble if he concealed and carried.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178878 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Eh I don't think you take a gun if you don't intend to use it.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#329 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4390 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

last part. that right now.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#330 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Sorry, I meant a gun. I should have been clearer.

@eoten said:
@SUD123456 said:

Please show me where in the video he is armed.

Right here you can see him holding a karambit. I will include a picture of a karambit before you attempt to pretend you do not know what they are.

A knife isn't a deadly weapon?...=\

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@Chutebox: race is still an issue in USA do some research ignoring it won’t solve the problem, blacks commit same crime as whites guess who gets the longer sentences there is more but i keep it basic, would the kid have been attacked if he didn’t carry an ar 15? He had no business being there, he put himself in that situation, he is a murderer plain and simple because of his stupidity and the stupidity of his parents for allowing him easy access to weapons that are meant to kill

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#332 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:

Or standing in the middle of a recreational yard of a supermax prison with an assault-style rifle thinking nothings gonna happen. Although, I don't think even inmates of one of those prisons would be stupid enough to attempt to attack a guy with a rifle. Speaks volumes about the dummies that attacked this kid...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

with all the nonsense against police, I don't even understand why they try so hard. I think the reason they run into so much issues is because of being try hards. The public has essentially neutered the police. No guns, so they try tasers...oh wait the tasers are too strong and 1 guy out of 100 ends up dying, so they bring out weak azz tasers that barely do anything and end up failing half the time. Police try tranquilisers...nope CNN then puts up a story about how a drunken pos almost died because police hands were tied and the tranquilisers they used almost sent this drunk pos into a coma. Of course the narrative was he was black.

If I were a police officer, I would do the bare minimum...that would be the best way to give these BLM supporters, and the antifa and whoever else the middle finger. Just go and collect a pay cheque. Some guy is abusing his wife?? Who cares, go get a donut instead. A druggie selling on the corner? Ask him for a cut. The world doesn't like honest police officers anymore, you have to just go with the flow.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Chutebox

@LJS9502_basic: If the need arises. You're saying he wanted to go shoot people?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Chutebox said:

There should be a plethora of documented cases of shootings from open carry events, correct? Especially from these open carry states.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Chutebox

@sheep99: Neither of us know if he would have been attacked. I dont pretend to share the same mindset as those idiots rioting.

I know one thing, I see a dude with any type of gun, and I'm not going to try and attack him.

That's just me, though.

Race is an issue, but making shit up to flame the race wars makes everything worse.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#337  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Whether you believe he was "defending himself" or not- he was actively committing at least 3 crimes. Some would argue 5 crimes. You cannot plead self-defense while actively committing a crime. So, he will get 1st degree felony murder, or at the minimum, 2nd degree murder for the reckless endangerment of human life.

1. He was not of legal age to carry a weapon in either Illinois or Wisconsin

2. He did not have a permit to carry the weapon he fired in either Illinois or Wisconsin

3. He was out in the street after state-mandated curfew

He was not a citizen of Kenosha and drove to the conflict on purpose (Reckless endangerment)

Its felony murder, or at very least, 2nd. He wont get off. It wont happen

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shmiity: That's not how the law works. Let me give you an example and see how you address it;

Person A is driving on a suspended license due to unpaid child support while carrying a fixed blade kitchen knife concealed on him; (misdeameanor and felony dirk/dagger)

Person A makes an unsafe lane change (infraction) and cuts off person B which causes a road rage incident at stop light. Person B gets out of his vehicle and physically removes person A from his vehicle and begins to strike person A with an object (later determined to be an 18" long flashlight). Person A stabs person B as he's attacked.

Does he have a defense case?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 horgen  Moderator

@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

If a group of people decided to attack him and he was armed with what you just said, he'd be in the hospital or the morgue.

He wasn't out looking for this (from what I've read). He was helping other people and got attacked.

And ya, I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to ex felons who were the aggressors. Not happening.

Having the weapon could lead to people view him as a threat and act accordingly.

Hm now you displayed exactly what I wrote about in my previous post. You judge him by his intentions. I wish I could find some of the videos showing what happened earlier, before the shooting. He didn't put himself in the best light.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Chutebox

@horgen: I am judging him by the proof. He was helping a person recover when the others attacked him.

I don't know about other videos, I'll gladly watch as long as no killing involved.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#341 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:
@horgen said:
@Chutebox said:

Having the weapon could lead to people view him as a threat and act accordingly.

Hm now you displayed exactly what I wrote about in my previous post. You judge him by his intentions. I wish I could find some of the videos showing what happened earlier, before the shooting. He didn't put himself in the best light.

That is completely irrelevant, and doesn't justify anyone attacking him. It's legal for people to carry guns, if they have such a problem with that, then they're probably living in the wrong country (not to mention at least one of his attackers was also armed with a firearm, and was doing so illegally given his past criminal history). KR committed no crime, and there's nothing that excuses three adult men openly committing acts of violence against him and he was well within his rights to defend himself.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Chutebox

@eoten: To be fair he did commit a crime for an underage with a firearm... but that's only a misdemeanor

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#343 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@eoten: To be fair he did commit a crime for an underage with a firearm... but that's only a misdemeanor

Not according to the actual law. The media has been trying to make the claim he's too young to own or carry a rifle and illegally crossed state lines and all that, but, it's false. He's not even going to get a misdemeanor.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Chutebox

@eoten said:
@Chutebox said:

Not according to the actual law. The media has been trying to make the claim he's too young to own or carry a rifle and illegally crossed state lines and all that, but, it's false. He's not even going to get a misdemeanor.

You sure? I thought carrying a firearm there is a misdemeanor as you have to be 18?

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

@Chutebox said:

[citation needed]

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Chutebox

@Nude_Dude said:
@Chutebox said:

[citation needed]

Yes, I need a citation for his lies.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@Nude_Dude said:
@Chutebox said:

[citation needed]

Yes, I need a citation for his lies.

We already know he crossed state lines while armed as a response to the Kenosha protests, allegedly with the intent to protect private property and we also know there were a bunch of citizen militias in Kenosha full of armed self-appointed guardians of peace, who are really linked with very rightwing, anti-BLM and violently provocative sentiments. While the murderer hasn't shown any affiliation to a militia, it is evident a lot of lone-wolf armed guys in Kenosha tenuously banded over aiding cops and resisting the protesters.

You said all of what tenaka said is bullshit, as in he didn't travel away with an assault rifle and he didn't intend to 'go hunting' while the murderer himself hasn't denied any of this (of what I've seen).

So, again: citation needed.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Nude_Dude: The assault rifle was a friends who lived in Wisconsin. It never crossed state lines.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 tenaka2

Regardless of whether or not you think this guy is a saint or a criminal I think we can all agree that trumps America is not looking great right now.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Chutebox

@Nude_Dude: You may want to try again and actually read.