Google, Twitter, Facebook Russia Hearing Underway.

• 90 results
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@zaryia said:
@micky4889 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

I don't know which is the biggest joke, that people really think those ads made a difference or that they want to control social media and Google lol.

Burying your head again? Every American should be disgusted by this. Or are you Russian? Woah..........

What should i be disgusted by? That Russia used the free market and bought some ad space?

Like America doesn´t do the same

Also the problem is more that people seem to live their lives on social media , which is the real problem. people should be smart enough not to get their news from Facecrap and Twitter.

I always laugh when these treads come up. Some people really need to open a history book. The US pretty much wrote the propaganda handbook with page by page guides on how to meddle in other countries elections and topple governments, and people here act so surprised and disgusted when another country tries to use some of their same tactics against them.

Nah, just because we did it in the past doesn't mean I'm okay with being Putin's cuck. No one should be okay with the Russian government trying to influence our election through organized and massive trolling on top of hacking. Doesn't matter if we did the same, that doesn't make it fine. Just because we invented the Atom Bomb doesn't mean it should be okay for others to use it on us lol.

I'm very very glad that those in power and the leaders of these 3 companies disagree with you, jacanuk, and kittykat.

What do you mean did it in the past? you are pretty naive if you think America does not do it right now.

And funny that you use that shithead Colberts word,

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@micky4889 said:

I always laugh when these treads come up. Some people really need to open a history book. The US pretty much wrote the propaganda handbook with page by page guides on how to meddle in other countries elections and topple governments, and people here act so surprised and disgusted when another country tries to use some of their same tactics against them.

Yup, but you know it´s ok when America does it because they are the "good guys"

Also the real problem here is not that Russia bought ads, if Hillary had won no one would even think about it let alone be "disgusted" by it. The problem is that they can´t grasp that Trump won. In their little narrow worldview Trump should have lost.

Way to misunderstand. But then you do that all time anyway. As an American what I put a priority on is OUR system. It's for other countries to deal with intrusions into their systems. To say it's okay for Russia to interfere because the US does is the most ridiculous excuse I've seen here. You just don't want it investigated because your champion may be found culpable. Period. You hiding behind this is transparent for everyone.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

What do you mean did it in the past? you are pretty naive if you think America does not do it right now.

1. What Colbert word? Huh?

2. In no way does America screwing with other countries make it okay to get screwed ourselves. That is extremely stupid. By this logic ISIS attacks are fine.

3. You're opinion on this issue are irrelevant, Senate, Congress, and the IC are already taking actions in accordance with these major tech companies on top of other measures.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zaryia

@ronvalencia said:
@zaryia said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/politics/facebook-russia-latest/index.html (Live Updates)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/us/politics/facebook-twitter-google-hearings-congress.html

Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina and chairman of the subcommittee, asked Facebook to confirm a narrower point — that the pattern of activity it saw from Russia was more focused on sowing chaos in the United States than in bolstering Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“During the election, they were trying to create discord between Americans, most of it directed against Clinton,” Mr. Graham said, addressing Facebook’s general counsel, Colin Stretch. “After the election, you saw Russian-tied groups and organizations trying to undermine President Trump’s legitimacy. Is that what you saw on Facebook?”

Mr. Stretch agreed.

In prepared remarks, Facebook said inflammatory posts by Russian agents intending to sow discord among Americans reached 126 million users. Google said that the same agents, from the Kremlin-linked Internet Research Agency, uploaded over 1,000 videos on YouTube. Twitter said they published more 131,000 messages on Twitter.

It's in Russian interest to cause fragmentation in the USA e.g. gave $$$$ to BLM.

Indeed they did. But most efforts were pro trump and anti clinton - overall. As stated in the hearings.

Either way, it is an issue and I'm glad several agencies are attempting to prevent it and acknowledge it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

2. In no way does America screwing with other countries make it okay to get screwed ourselves. That is extremely stupid. By this logic ISIS attacks are fine.

3. You're opinion on this issue are irrelevant, Senate, Congress, and the IC are already taking actions in accordance with these major tech companies on top of other measures.

I really really don't get why anyone actually believes that.....but they do. Pathetic!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

1. Try reading your own comment again.

2. Who said that? but America doing it does not make it more right.

3. Your opinion is also irrelevant and nothing have been done, typical democratic behaviour tho, its being discussed in hearings where it ends up with nothing being done.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

3. Your opinion is also irrelevant and nothing have been done, typical democratic behaviour tho, its being discussed in hearings where it ends up with nothing being done.

Please show me. I'm not aware. I watch Colbert maybe once a month.

The view points of the IC, House Intel, Google, Twitter, and Facebook are not irrelevant.What planet are you living on? Nothing being done? Please don't lie, they have shut down a vast amount of accounts and are actively trying to prevent and shut down even more. New legislation is being worked on. Sanctions were made (although not being properly enforced by Trump, apparently). These Russia hearings going back last march and agree with my stance that more needs to be done. They disagree with your stance. STRONGLY. Please watch the hearings again.

You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. If you disagree with the organizations I bolded, please prove what they have been stating since last March has been wrong. Provide citation.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Please show me. I'm not aware. I watch Colbert maybe once a month.

The view points of the IC, House Intel, Google, Twitter, and Facebook are not irrelevant.What planet are you living on? Nothing being done? Please don't lie, they have shut down a vast amount of accounts and are actively trying to prevent and shut down even more. New legislation is being worked on. Sanctions were made (although not being properly enforced by Trump, apparently). These Russia hearings going back last march and agree with my stance that more needs to be done. They disagree with your stance. STRONGLY. Please watch the hearings again.

You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts. If you disagree with the organizations I bolded, please prove what they have been stating since last March has been wrong. Provide citation.

"Nah, just because we did it in the past doesn't mean I'm okay with being Putin's cuck."

Remember Colberts crazy rant

And it´s nice that you believe that the view points of those groups can stop the internet from being the internet. And you think shutting down a few accounts stops them from making new and being more subtle about it. But that is not even the worst bit , its funny that you are the living proof that democrats are the strongest opponents for state censorship.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

And it´s nice that you believe that the view points of those groups can stop the internet from being the internet. And you think shutting down a few accounts stops them from making new and being more subtle about it. But that is not even the worst bit , its funny that you are the living proof that democrats are the strongest opponents for state censorship.

No. I don't remember his rant. I wrote that independently. Also, I'm not a Democrat.

I never said they will be able to stop all of it, I'm just glad they actually see it as a problem and are at least trying to do something. This includes both Republicans and Democrats.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

No. I don't remember his rant. I wrote that independently. Also, I'm not a Democrat.

I never said they will be able to stop all of it, I'm just glad they actually see it as a problem and are at least trying to do something. This includes both Republicans and Democrats.

Of course you remember it, it was even posted on this board. But nvm.

And what both parties are doing is smoke & Mirrors , neither have proven that what Russia did actually affected the election at all.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

And what both parties are doing is smoke & Mirrors , neither have proven that what Russia did actually affected the election at all.

Strawman. They have proven Russia interfered and meddled. Time and time again. Which is what these hearings have been about.

I'm glad you no longer deny this fact.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Strawman. They have proven Russia interfered and meddled. Time and time again. Which is what these hearings have been about.

I'm glad you no longer deny this fact.

Strawman? nothing i said is a strawman so please do look that up.

And again no one has proven that what Russia did with these ads has influenced anyone , so again this is useless hearings who take away from the real issue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:so again this is useless hearings who take away from the real issue.

In your opinion. Fortunately you are not in power and these hearings are taking place, as are actions to prevent Russian influence.

Nothing we "debate" in this thread changes the facts. This is being taken seriously. Action is being taken. Your point of view has been ignored in real life.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

And what would be real issue?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:so again this is useless hearings who take away from the real issue.

In your opinion. Fortunately you are not in power and these hearings are taking place, as are actions to prevent Russian influence.

Nothing we "debate" in this thread changes the facts. This is being taken seriously. Action is being taken. Your point of view has been ignored in real life.

You are beyond naive if you think anything is being done.

Sure on the surface it may seem like there is something happening but it´s all smoke and mirrors to fool gullible people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Sure on the surface it may seem like there is something happening but it´s all smoke and mirrors to fool gullible people.

Uh people have been arrested. Or do you conveniently ignore that?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

You are objectively wrong. Please stop saying things that are demonstrably false.

Accounts have been shut down. They have hired more personnel to shut down and monitor even more accounts. Legislation is being worked on. Sanctions were passed. Several investigations are under way to do even more.

This isn't a debate. You are literally wrong and you are just lying.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Who have been arrested ?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

You are objectively wrong. Please stop saying things that are demonstrably false.

Accounts have been shut down. They have hired more personnel to shut down and monitor even more accounts. Legislation is being worked on. Sanctions were passed. Several investigations are under way to do even more.

This isn't a debate. You are literally wrong and you are just lying.

Do you understand what Smoke&Mirrors are?

Because you seem to have a hard time understanding the term

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

I'm not interested in your theory and subjective view on these hearings. I'm not interested in your feelings about smoke and mirrors. I do not care about vague talking point terms.

I'm taking about the hard facts from these hearings spanning last March.

It is a fact that steps were taken and continue to be taken. You were objectively wrong. End of discussion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

I'm not interested in your theory and subjective view on these hearings. I'm not interested in your feelings about smoke and mirrors. I do not care about vague talking point terms.

I'm taking about the hard facts from these hearings spanning last March.

It is a fact that steps were taken and continue to be taken. You were objectively wrong. End of discussion.

You believe what you want.

A shame you are this gullible

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Using direct testimonials from over 5 major hearings is not a belief. It is ample sourcing.

I would like you to provide your counter citation for these hearings to suggest they have done nothing. Your theory is not my concern, I want proof now.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Using direct testimonials from over 5 major hearings is not a belief. It is ample sourcing.

I would like you to provide your counter citation for these hearings to suggest they have done nothing. Your theory is not my concern, I want proof now.

LOL it´s funny that you really believe those hearings actually do accomplish anything.

But let´s see in 6 months what if anything these hearings accomplish in actual legislation or active actions

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

LOL it´s funny that you really believe those hearings actually do accomplish anything.

They already have though. Do you have citation proving some of the actions taken as stated during these testimonies were all false?

You make bold claims with no back up, for a significant majority of your posting here. This is why I put debate in quotations when speaking with you. It's never really a debate. It's me stating facts and you stating "nuh uh".

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

They already have though. Do you have citation proving some of the testimonies and actions taken were either wrong or fictitious?

Why am I always debating facts with you while you never provide anything?

I assume you mean the actions taken by facebook and Twitter correct, and if you think those actually did anything you clearly don´t understand how the internet work.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

I assume you mean the actions taken by facebook and Twitter correct, and if you think those actually did anything you clearly don´t understand how the internet work.

Please do not change the conversation.

You stated nothing is being done.

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
This is being taken seriously. Action is being taken. Your point of view has been ignored in real life.

You were objectively proven wrong. Facebook, Twitter, and Google testimonies, Russia sanctions, and the words of several congress, senate, and IC members completely disprove this notion.

Actions have been taken and continue to be taken. This includes the investigations and hearings on top of that.

This isn't a debate. You're just flat out wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:

Who have been arrested ?

*has

In the Papadalpuolis or however that name is spelled for one.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
This is being taken seriously. Action is being taken. Your point of view has been ignored in real life.

You were objectively proven wrong. Facebook, Twitter, and Google testimonies, Russia sanctions, and the words of several congress, senate, and IC members completely disprove this notion.

I am not changing anything.

Nothing i have said is objectively wrong. And you can keep claiming that something is being done when the facts disprove it. Sure something is being done on paper but when it comes to actually being carried out very little is being done.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

@Jacanuk said:

I am not changing anything.

Nothing i have said is objectively wrong. And you can keep claiming that something is being done when the facts disprove it. Sure something is being done on paper but when it comes to actually being carried out very little is being done.

It's sad that you deny facts...........

EpycWyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 EpycWyn
Member since 2012 • 46 Posts

So, have any of you considered the possibility that Russia is even right now, posting comments in this thread to manipulate our opinions? What if I'm another Russia account? Now, you all can cast off what I'm saying as just a joke, but the fact is, how can we know otherwise when Russia is invested in propaganda, bots, and shill accounts?

I favor free speech, but when it is funded by a foreign nation, I consider that speech no longer free, but a purchased weapon being used to manipulate others. I believe that a country engaged in such behavior could expect many of its websites and IPs to become banned in years to come. Whether the United States should or shouldn't, that is what I expect will happen. I simply wonder, how much is going to be banned in the years to come, from Russia?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Nothing i have said is objectively wrong.

"You are beyond naive if you think anything is being done."

This statement is objectively wrong. Steps were and are being taken. This is a recorded fact in the testimonials.

This is not up for debate. You are just lying.

@Jacanuk said:

And you can keep claiming that something is being done when the facts disprove it.

Citation needed. I would like to see these facts showing that nothing has been done.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Nothing i have said is objectively wrong.

"You are beyond naive if you think anything is being done."

This statement is objectively wrong.

@Jacanuk said:

And you can keep claiming that something is being done when the facts disprove it.

Citation needed.

Sure

Senator Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee, who was among those briefed, said Twitter displayed an “enormous lack of understanding” and called its presentation to his panel “frankly inadequate on almost every level”.

Warner accused Twitter of failing to grasp “how serious this issue is, the threat it poses to democratic institutions and again begs many more questions than they offered”.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

Sure

Senator Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee, who was among those briefed, said Twitter displayed an “enormous lack of understanding” and called its presentation to his panel “frankly inadequate on almost every level”.

Warner accused Twitter of failing to grasp “how serious this issue is, the threat it poses to democratic institutions and again begs many more questions than they offered”.

In no way does that quote suggest nothing has been done. Things literally have been done. This isn't refutable. Just not enough.

He's suggesting not enough has been done or what has been done is inadequate. And I agree.

You finally find citation, and it's completely destroys you.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

Sure

In no way does that quote suggest nothing has been done. Things literally have been done. This isn't refutable. Just not enough.

He's suggesting not enough has been done or what has been done is inadequate. And I agree.

You finally find citation, and it's completely destroys you.

Again you read it like the devil reads a certain book.

You are hopefully well aware of the internet and while as i said "something" have been done, it´s the equivalent of nothing being done.

If something had been done,. Facebook and Twitter would have been closed down.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:

You are hopefully well aware of the internet and while as i said "something" have been done, it´s the equivalent of nothing being done.

Your opinion is noted, but you were wrong to say nothing had been done.

I'm just very glad they are all actively working to further solve this issue. I've been told this would all be forgotten around last march, but it's all ramping up. Good, gooood :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk: LOL that doesn't mean nothing has been done.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:

I'm just very glad they are all actively working to further solve this issue. I've been told this would all be forgotten around last march, but it's all ramping up. Good, gooood :)

Sure, let´s say "something" has been done. Again in my opinion it´s equivalent to nothing.

And i don't think this will be forgotten, a lot of democrats are holding a grudge and you can be sure it will become a major election point at the midterms and when Trump is going for re-election.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Sure, let´s say "something" has been done. Again in my opinion it´s equivalent to nothing.

And i don't think this will be forgotten, a lot of democrats are holding a grudge and you can be sure it will become a major election point at the midterms and when Trump is going for re-election.

So you FINALLY admit you were wrong.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jacanuk

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Jacanuk said:
@zaryia said:

Not really since nothing i have said is wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

@Jacanuk said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Not really since nothing i have said is wrong.

That doesn't explain your flip flop........

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Zaryia

@Jacanuk said:Again in my opinion it´s equivalent to nothing.

I don't care about your opinion, this is the issue at hand.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jacanuk

@zaryia said:
@Jacanuk said:Again in my opinion it´s equivalent to nothing.

I don't care about your opinion, this is the issue at hand.

Good for you.