AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

They have NO IDEA how good they have it, and have no idea how the rest of the world lives. They are living on $190,000,000 a year, while the rest of us have to get by on $30,000 a year, or less... holy shit these people are out of touch, and out of there minds.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@AlexKidd5000: Amen brother.... Makes me sick. Makes the "Robin Hood" story seem morally ok... Even though it's still not.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Watch that little green monster , seems like it may have bitten you a bit to hard , That article is clearly made as click bait.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:

Watch that little green monster , seems like it may have bitten you a bit to hard , That article is clearly made as click bait.

Yeah, of course you're going to claim it is baseless click bait lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000: and of course you would claim it was anything but click bait.

But let´s hear your solution then?

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:

@AlexKidd5000: and of course you would claim it was anything but click bait.

But let´s hear your solution then?

Tax the rich, duh. Abolish trickle down economics, dosen't take a genius to figure that out.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000: Aww, so tax the people who work hard.

As i said watch that little green monster, it has made you a bit loony toons

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:

@AlexKidd5000: Aww, so tax the people who work hard.

As i said watch that little green monster, it has made you a bit loony toons

Rich people work hard? LOL thats always a classic line! thanks for the laugh!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000: Of course because every rich person got it for free.

I gotta love your logic but looking at the shit videos you always post, it´s clear you are not into hard work and creating your own luck.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@Jacanuk said:

I gotta love your logic but looking at the shit videos you always post, it´s clear you are not into hard work and creating your own luck.

For most rich people? they did get it for free, the vast majority of rich people today inherited there mega billions. And there parents stole most of it to begin with. And wanna guess what there kids do with it afterwards? NOTHING! they spend there wealth on hookers and blow, giving nothing back to society.

I know you have the same mentality as retards like steven crowder, but someday you'll grow up, and maybe gain an once of intelligence.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

That article is clearly made as click bait.

You once said a CNN article that cited a Gallup poll verbatim was click bait.

For copy and pasting numbers.

You suck.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Oh wow. I sympathize with them. We should definitely cut taxes for them. Maybe they'll create a job or two.

:)

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@drunk_pi said:

Oh wow. I sympathize with them. We should definitely cut taxes for them. Maybe they'll create a job or two.

:)

I weep for them :(

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@AlexKidd5000 said:
Loading Video...

They have NO IDEA how good they have it, and have no idea how the rest of the world lives. They are living on $190,000,000 a year, while the rest of us have to get by on $30,000 a year, or less... holy shit these people are out of touch, and out of there minds.

You still voted for a sellout.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

Its topics like this that make me wish the gun toting fake libertarians had a pair of balls and practiced what they preached.

I wonder how long until we start seeing hashtags of "killtherich".... its coming... history repeats itself and we've seen this story before.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@AlexKidd5000: Why is it the have nots always seem to have such a high level of jealousy, imagine if you spent all that energy on making your own fortune instead.

But you keep posting the videos I’m sure it does a lot of good for you.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

Just to be clear, the article is about net worth, not annual income.

Second, not one word in the article was provided by a super rich person....not a single word.

Third, the entire article is a hypothesis by 'experts' on how much money would you need to live in NYC as a SUPER RICH couple with two kids in private school, three swanky residences, leaving $50M as an estate to the kids, buying expensive art, charity, etc.

Fourth, the mega rich did not say they need $190M to make it....let alone per year. They said nothing. Not a word. Not a single word about their impressions on what they need. Not a word, because they were never asked.

And last, and again...it is total net worth, not income per year.

Stop watching YouTube videos and start exercising critical thought. I suggest beginning with the primary source of the information which was a Town & Country piece....which should be a clue by itself.

Furthermore, the guy in the hut in South Sudan thinks the same thing about you as you do about the mega rich, because you are comparatively rich.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Im glad they spend 190 million a year. I hope they spend all their earnings. Why do people get upset when rich people spend their money. The fucking problem is when they dont. I hope they spend every damn dollar they make. Guess who benefits then?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Why do people get their political views from nobodies on YouTube? Christ man, what are you doing.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AlexKidd5000

@SUD123456 said:

Second, not one word in the article was provided by a super rich person....not a single word.

Third, the entire article is a hypothesis by 'experts' on how much money would you need to live in NYC as a SUPER RICH couple with two kids in private school, three swanky residences, leaving $50M as an estate to the kids, buying expensive art, charity, etc.

Fourth, the mega rich did not say they need $190M to make it....let alone per year. They said nothing. Not a word. Not a single word about their impressions on what they need. Not a word, because they were never asked.

Stop watching YouTube videos and start exercising critical thought. I suggest beginning with the primary source of the information which was a Town & Country piece....which should be a clue by itself.

Furthermore, the guy in the hut in South Sudan thinks the same thing about you as you do about the mega rich, because you are comparatively rich.

I am willing to accept that this article may be exaggerating it, and is talking about networth. But it's not unthinkable that many super rich people think this way. I would think that your standard for what you'd consider the minimum of being rich would go up dramatically if you had that much money. And it is known that the top 1% is oblivious to whats going on with the bottom 90%.

I don't normally read random articles, and do not know what the town & country is. so I'll take your advice there.

The difference being I'm not oblivious to the hardships of that south sudan man. America is slowly heading down the path to being a 3rd world country itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@SUD123456 said:

I am willing to accept that this article may be exaggerating it, and is talking about networth. But it's not unthinkable that many super rich people think this way. I would think that your standard for what you'd consider the minimum of being rich would go up dramatically if you had that much money. And it is known that the top 1% is oblivious to whats going on with the bottom 90%.

I don't normally read random articles, and do not know what the town & country is. so I'll take your advice there.

The difference being I'm not oblivious to the hardships of that south sudan man. America is slowly heading down the path to being a 3rd world country itself.

I think of the south sudanese man pretty much every day.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@sonicare said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@SUD123456 said:

I think of the south sudanese man pretty much every day.

I think of people like him all the time as well, and it always makes my stomach turn. As bad as things are with people in the US, it doesn't compare to there country.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@AlexKidd5000: Why is it the have nots always seem to have such a high level of jealousy, imagine if you spent all that energy on making your own fortune instead.

But you keep posting the videos I’m sure it does a lot of good for you.

Either you're a rich snob who has no idea how the real world works or you're a brown-noser for the wealthy.

I wish I was wealthy. I could easily afford to go to college all the while going on study abroad trips to expand my horizons and make myself more marketable to the growing demands of various industries who want to pay me barely anything all the while demanding experience up the ying-yang.

But before I get that underpaying job, I need to get an unpaid internship that demands that I show up 40 hours a week, but now I need to figure out how to balance that out with a part-time job that barely pays and demands that I work 30+ hours, all the while I'm paying for various other expenses such as gas, rent, groceries, healthcare, and so on.

If you think it's about jealousy, you're an idiot. People in this country are working hard but aren't reaping the rewards they deserve. Meanwhile, you have a class of people that inherit their wealth and thanks to the connections and the family name, somehow make it to the top while showing little to no effort.

Stop being a brown-noser. You'll eventually get pink eye and no one wants that.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@Jacanuk: You still believe in The American Dream? That's adorable. Say high to Santa Claus for me when he crawls down your chimney this Christmas! xD

Edit: I forgot to enter a fact into this conversation. You do realize that capital gains are taxed less heavily than actual income? So most "rich people income" (which is passive) is taxed less than those of every tax bracket for actually working. Isn't life grand?

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

@drunk_pi: It is about jealousy for some people, including almost certainly TC based upon this and numerous other threads and comments he has made.

This is evidenced by a thread title based on a YouTube video which is not representative of the source material at all and no attempt to reconcile the contradiction.

It is based upon personal assumption about what 1%ers think or don't think with no evidence. Yet I am a 1%er and so are many people I know and TC has no idea what I am oblivious to or not.

And it is based upon another statement about the vast majority of super rich people inheriting their wealth which is demonstrably false. Indeed Forbes reported on the subject in 2013 and 2016 and said the opposite. Two thirds of billionaires are self made. Only 7% inherited all their wealth and added nothing. Google is our friend. And you don't need to search Forbes for examples, like Gates, Jobs, Bezos, Musk etc, etc.

The opposite end of the spectrum is believing that hard work alone will get you there or is some significant differentiator. It sure the hell isn't and I imagine there are millions of construction workers and cashiers that work as hard or harder than I do.

You do need to work at it, but you require more than that whether it be a special talent, a break like maybe a connection,, an insight or idea, discovered at a run of the mill band location, beauty contest, audition, etc. I know lots of people at my level that are good people, but not great leaders, great minds etc. Shit happened and it went their way.

I grew up lower middle class. Paid for my own schooling, went $60K in school debt 30 yrs ago. Got a few good jobs, worked hard and made $50k/yr. But I got a break, working for a good firm, made an impression on a key leader who became a friend and mentor. Rapid escalation after that. I worked hard and earned the recognition. But, right person at right time....without that relationship I wouldn't today be a 1%er.

I resent the comments made by TC. I look for talent and pay it forward. Smart leaders do the same.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@SUD123456 said:

@drunk_pi: It is about jealousy for some people, including almost certainly TC based upon this and numerous other threads and comments he has made.

This is evidenced by a thread title based on a YouTube video which is not representative of the source material at all and no attempt to reconcile the contradiction.

It is based upon personal assumption about what 1%ers think or don't think with no evidence. Yet I am a 1%er and so are many people I know and TC has no idea what I am oblivious to or not.

And it is based upon another statement about the vast majority of super rich people inheriting their wealth which is demonstrably false. Indeed Forbes reported on the subject in 2013 and 2016 and said the opposite. Two thirds of billionaires are self made. Only 7% inherited all their wealth and added nothing. Google is our friend. And you don't need to search Forbes for examples, like Gates, Jobs, Bezos, Musk etc, etc.

The opposite end of the spectrum is believing that hard work alone will get you there or is some significant differentiator. It sure the hell isn't and I imagine there are millions of construction workers and cashiers that work as hard or harder than I do.

You do need to work at it, but you require more than that whether it be a special talent, a break like maybe a connection,, an insight or idea, discovered at a run of the mill band location, beauty contest, audition, etc. I know lots of people at my level that are good people, but not great leaders, great minds etc. Shit happened and it went their way.

I grew up lower middle class. Paid for my own schooling, went $60K in school debt 30 yrs ago. Got a few good jobs, worked hard and made $50k/yr. But I got a break, working for a good firm, made an impression on a key leader who became a friend and mentor. Rapid escalation after that. I worked hard and earned the recognition. But, right person at right time....without that relationship I wouldn't today be a 1%er.

I resent the comments made by TC. I look for talent and pay it forward. Smart leaders do the same.

First, I'm not jealous whatsoever, I don't want or need to be rich, I just want to be able to pay the bills, and be independent. I don't need a sports car, or a lush mansion. Currently I can't do that, neither can anyone else in my family. Most of us have to live together under the same roof and pool our incomes.

I'm not saying that there aren't ANY self made billionaires, but to become one, you need a SHITLOAD of luck, they are rare. If it were as simple as just working hard, and all that, don't you think that more than just a few percent of the world's population would be where you are?

And I resent anyone who implies that anyone who is poor are just lazy, or not trying, or willing to work hard. My sister went to school as well, been a nurse for nearly 10 years, and still only makes about 32 grand a year, and is tens of thousands in debt.

The system is broken, and only works for the rich. Bottom line.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

Of for ****'s sake. The people that are at the top inherited their wealth. They didn't work for it. Stop pretending you have wealth. You don't. His tax plan is going to screw you as well but you deserve it. You voted for it.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

Freaking A, people are the worst

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@AlexKidd5000 said:

If you only make $30K a year, I think you need to do make some changes for the better. Rather than bitching about the rich, better your situation.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Solaryellow: Median income in the US is right about that mark at $30,960 as of 2014.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Solaryellow

@mattbbpl said:

@Solaryellow: Median income in the US is right about that mark at $30,960 as of 2014.

Does that mean one strives for mediocrity?

Check it (median income) for more current times and then get back to me.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@Solaryellow: "Does that mean one strives for mediocrity?"

No, it means that roughly half of wage earners fall below the line in the Sand you mentioned and it's not the minority low bar you implied.

"Check it (median income) for more current times and then get back to me."

That's the most recent data cited, it's a mere two years old, and as you know wage growth has been low for years. I don't know what numbers you're expecting, but it will likely be about 2 percent year over year, so... $32,000, give or take.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

You guys don't spend roughly half a million a day? What are you? Filthy peasants?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N64DD

@horgen said:

You guys don't spend roughly half a million a day? What are you? Filthy peasants?

I make around a quarter a year in the IT field.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 horgen  Moderator

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:

For most rich people? they did get it for free, the vast majority of rich people today inherited there mega billions. And there parents stole most of it to begin with. And wanna guess what there kids do with it afterwards? NOTHING! they spend there wealth on hookers and blow, giving nothing back to society.

I know you have the same mentality as retards like steven crowder, but someday you'll grow up, and maybe gain an once of intelligence.

As much as you disagree, stop the name calling.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AlexKidd5000

@horgen said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Jacanuk said:

As much as you disagree, stop the name calling.

Alright.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AlexKidd5000

@Solaryellow said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:

If you only make $30K a year, I think you need to do make some changes for the better. Rather than bitching about the rich, better your situation.

I make $17k a year. And I'm not just complaining about the rich. And bettering ones situation is very difficult.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:
@horgen said:

Filthy peasant.

Thought seriously, I live in a country that is in most areas far more expensive than US, but if you make 100K $ a year here, you don't get to complain. Hell, half of that will get you by just OK.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Solaryellow said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:

I make $17k a year. And I'm not just complaining about the rich. And bettering ones situation is very difficult.

That's one thing I don't many see unless they are in the position themselves. I know a couple of ways I could increase my income, and over time, lets say 10 years, this could be worth millions. But I don't earn enough today to make the necessary investments.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solaryellow

@AlexKidd5000 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Don't think I am poking fun at you but I am genuinely curious what you do. Maybe you are a college student, disabled, etc.., An adult trying to live on that money (provided it is a full time job is nuts). Making your life better is never easy but it sure is rewarding when the sacrifices finally pay off.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:
@horgen said:

Filthy peasant.

Thought seriously, I live in a country that is in most areas far more expensive than US, but if you make 100K $ a year here, you don't get to complain. Hell, half of that will get you by just OK.

I think people get into companies that don't have a lot of room to grow is the problem. Know your worth.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 horgen  Moderator

@n64dd said:

I think people get into companies that don't have a lot of room to grow is the problem. Know your worth.

Not room for everyone in the better paying position. And some companies are horrible at promoting from within.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By N64DD

@horgen said:
@n64dd said:

Not room for everyone in the better paying position. And some companies are horrible at promoting from within.

If there isn't room for you to grow at a company, you're at the wrong company.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@AlexKidd5000: there's a simple solution to this problem. Get rid of patents, make it a real free market Economy and let these corporations be run out of town by the hardcore competition they face. Taxing these corporations more doesn't work, they just hide their money offshore. Getting rid of the socialist patent system would solve everyone's problems in the blink of an eye.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@AlexKidd5000: I see what you're saying, but you just made a huge stretch between $190 million and $30K and left out everyone in between.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@Solaryellow: I work full time in retail.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I think they basically mean that in keeping with their lifestyle and things they want to do and continue doing. You guys are blowing it way out of proportion. Poor people are just as greedy as the rich, just for different ideologies of the preferred lifestyle.

You want to make more money don't you?...you greedy *****. Just because your idea level of financial comfort isn't as high as those who are used to much more but still wanting more doesn't make them any more greedy than you because that is exactly what greed is. A selfish desire for more of something. This is where capitalism is awesome, you all have the freedom to make as much money as you possibly can and yet the competition and policies helps keep you from profiteering, for the most part. But countries are built on the rich and will always have to cater to the rich because they are the investors, the job creators, the ones that really make the world go round.

Every single day you each face choices. Your future will vary based on the myriad of choices you make today. There's no secret society keeping you down, if you really want it bad enough, countries like America prove for a fact that you can have it. Instead too many people worry about what others think or say, they give in to their own daily selfish desires that only hinders their future self. People get fat because they over consume, people go broke because they over consume, people stay poor because they make bad choices. From the time we are children, we are fed what correct choices are..such as investing in yourself or even just to eat healthy foods and many adults suddenly refuse to do anything they were taught. So their teeth go bad by the time they're 35, their obese or insert any other negative aspect in life and wealth is no exception.

While there's nothing wrong with working at McDonalds, it was never intended to be a career, but ultimately it's all about what you are content and happy with. If your saying negative things about rich people then clearly you are not as happy with your choices as you would like others to think and that's your own lie to face up to. Don't quote me with your BS excuses or pointing the finger at the government or anyone else. Point the finger at yourself and either find happiness within it or make the choices needed towards the goals desired.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Solaryellow

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@Solaryellow: I work full time in retail.

B&M stores are in short supply these days but how about looking into one that offers better room for advancement or even one that will pay to further ones education?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I personally believe it's irresponsible and unproductive to begrudge ultra wealthy people their fortune. As has been repeated in this thread, it's all relative. Generally speaking, most Americans are living like kings. If you have reliable drinking water and consistent food than you are among the uber elite when put on a global scale. Furthermore, we have the richest poor people in the world.

Also rich people spending money is a good thing as that stimulates the economy. I have no issue with the wealthy whatsoever. I do have issue with their legislation cronies who seem to pass policies and bills that benefit them more than the majority of U.S. citizens.