Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
@dabear said:

@br0kenrabbit: CNN is the most biased, most corrupt, of all cable news. Given the cesspool that is cable news as a whole, that's saying a lot.

So, yes I stand by my comment.

Said like a true right winga.

I don't recall ever seeing headlines on CNN with things like "Sleepy Joe" or "Coma Harris" right in the title on the front page, even in relation to Trump. Meanwhile on Fox News...

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

@br0kenrabbit: Says someone who saw:

1) CNN lie about Russia-Trump for 4 years.

2) CNN anchors say "I have insider witnesses who confirm Comey told Trump he was under investigation."

3) CNN spread the "sources familiar with the case confirmed to us Michael Brown had his hands up when he was gunned down by police" lie.

4) Saw CNN lie about US troops using sarin gas in Vietnam

5) CNN spreading lies about Nick Sandmann

6) CNN's coverage of Jussie Smollett

And that's just off the top of my head.

There'd probably be more public outrage over CNN, except no one watches it.

I find it interesting that you were so quick to tag me to an ideology. Perhaps you should be looking in the mirror.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By dabear

@girlusocrazy: That's not true.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fox-news-entertainment-switch/

All cable news is closer to The Enquirer than the NYT or Chicago Tribune, but they are all still technically news channels; with press passes and everything.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@dabear said:

@br0kenrabbit: Says someone who saw:

1) CNN lie about Russia-Trump for 4 years.

Trump is literally saying even to this day that he would resolve the Ukraine-Russia conflict by just letting Russia have whatever it wants. You don't have to be Shelock Holmes to see through this guy.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dabear

@InEMplease: I am not defending Trump, I am criticizing CNN for telling a lie for 4 years.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dabear

@girlusocrazy: You can say it's designed for entertainment, but your claim that they say they are not a news site/channel is false, nor do they have to legally say they are not a news network.

And yes, FoxNews has a WH press pass, same as CNN.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#59 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

I am unsure. The hosts are still keeping their job. But the emails show they will say what they do not believe.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@dabear said:

@br0kenrabbit: You're trusting CNN to do independent analysis of FoxNews?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

@dabear said:

@br0kenrabbit: You're trusting CNN to do independent analysis of FoxNews?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

@sargentd said:

Yeah this is insanity.. I don't get the cognitive dissonance either dabear.

This is a purely event/fact based article, he could have picked any outlet. This is nitpicking at best.

Behind scenes, Fox News stars derided Trump camp's claims of election fraud : NPR

@ratchetclank92 said:

I hope none of you hating on right wing media think that left wing media is any better… if so you might as well put a lampshade on your head and stand in the corner of your bedroom..

Depends on the specific outlet, but overall "left" leaning outlets are better. I can list a few "High" or "Very High" fact outlets for Left leaning. For Right leaning it's slim pickings.

While all 3 major cable outlets suck, this thread's actual topic (the Dominion lawsuit) shows Fox is among the worst of the 3. This is way ahead of any bullshit I can think of from CNN or MSNBC.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 InEMplease

@dabear said:

@InEMplease: I am not defending Trump, I am criticizing CNN for telling a lie for 4 years.

How is it a lie?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

@dabear said:

Can you provide proof CNN knew it was a lie for four years?

I don’t see how, it was on ongoing investigation by the DOJ where no media outlets were privy to anything. Seems you’re retroactively assigning malicious intent having now 20/20 hindsight after the investigation’s result came out.

On the flip side, we have numerous Fox News, not only anchors, but the CEO, saying they were fully aware Trump’s election claims were lies at the time they were peddling them.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zaryia
@MirkoS77 said:
@dabear said:

I don’t see how, it was on ongoing investigation by the DOJ where no media outlets were privy to anything. Seems you’re retroactively assigning malicious intent having now 20/20 hindsight after the investigation’s result came out.

On the flip side, we have numerous Fox News, not only anchors, but the CEO, saying they were fully aware Trump’s election claims were lies at the time they were peddling them.

Yup.

Also note the fact there actually WAS Russian "collusion". It just wasn't illegal,

Senate Panel Details Ties Between 2016 Trump Campaign and Russia - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Also there WAS Russian interference to specifically and primarily help Trump,

Senate panel finds Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election | PBS NewsHour

And yes this current Fox News situation is far worse than anything I can recall from CNN.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dabear

@MirkoS77 said:
@dabear said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/339867-okeefe-video-shows-cnns-van-jones-calling-russia-story-a-nothingburger/

Yes.

@zaryia: CNN helped get a good percentage of people against Trump. Whether or not the end (Trump losing) as good or bad, the fact of the matter is a lot of people believed there was some mass Russia-Trump collusion. I cannot see how you think one is better, or "less wrong", than the other.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Zaryia
@dabear said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@dabear said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/339867-okeefe-video-shows-cnns-van-jones-calling-russia-story-a-nothingburger/

Is that all you got? That isn't nearly as bad as Fox's Dominion case. Also, lol Project Veritas. I can link so much worse than this for Fox.

@dabear said:

a lot of people believed there was some mass Russia-Trump collusion.

There was though. Same with Russian interference specifically to help Trump win.

@dabear said:

I cannot see how you think one is better, or "less wrong", than the other.

The court documents show several Fox employes knowingly lying. Far more than just 1 sentence from 1 employee (Jones) from a PV. And it had far more dire consequences and it was considerably more incorrect.

These situations are planets apart. I don't like CNN, but this whole Dominion situation shows FOX is worse.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dabear

@zaryia said:
@dabear said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@dabear said:

Is that all you got? That isn't nearly as bad as Fox's Dominion case. Also, lol Project Veritas. I can link so much worse than this for Fox.

@dabear said:

a lot of people believed there was some mass Russia-Trump collusion.

There was though. Same with Russian interference specifically to help Trump win.

@dabear said:

I cannot see how you think one is better, or "less wrong", than the other.

The court documents show several Fox employes knowingly lying. Far more than just 1 sentence from 1 employee (Jones) from a PV. And it had far more dire consequences and it was considerably more incorrect.

These situations are planets apart. I don't like CNN, but this whole Dominion situation shows FOX is worse.

How is Van Jones admitting they are pushing a fake news story any different than what FoxNews has done? They have had to have people resign over it. They continuouslylied about Trump issues.

I gave a whole list of things CNN has done, go back and read them.

People on this forum are almost universally lefties who hate Donald Trump. That's fine, I don't care. But, that doesn't excuse CNN's actions. They lie, they produce content that favors liberal/Democrat ideologies, and they omit reporting on news that makes Democrats look bad.

They are the anti-FoxNews, but turned up to 11. There is a reason no one watches.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 horgen  Moderator  Online
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@dabear said:

They are the anti-FoxNews, but turned up to 11. There is a reason no one watches.

Here you answer your own question.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MirkoS77
@dabear said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@dabear said:

Yes.

@zaryia: CNN helped get a good percentage of people against Trump. Whether or not the end (Trump losing) as good or bad, the fact of the matter is a lot of people believed there was some mass Russia-Trump collusion. I cannot see how you think one is better, or "less wrong", than the other.

That is fair enough, but I don't think a one-off opinion expressed by one anchor is remotely analogous to what Fox News has done. Numerous anchors at Fox have expressed doubts about Trump's claims, reaching all the way up to the top executive. If you wish to actually compare, then show me something analogous, where not just one, but numerous anchors didn't believe it, as well as the CEO. Can you?

Fox continued to push these lies regardless of the insistent proclamations that these claims held absolutely no merit in fact, for fear they'd lose viewers. This is admitted. I'm not going to deny that CNN doesn't hold their own ideological predilections, but I think it is Fox who "turns it up to 11" in terms of virulent propaganda comparatively to CNN. Every time I watch them, it's apparent they make no effort to hide their bias. I would imagine they hold greater viewership because they are far more tribal and make no concessions. It's an indictment upon them, and nothing to brag about.

Now they're being held to the fire for it, in the ashes of the democracy they willingly helped create for profit. Good.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Zaryia
@dabear said:

How is Van Jones admitting they are pushing a fake news story any different than what FoxNews has done?

One guy's opinion (from a fake news Project Veritas) vs several statements with several people (including the CEO) via court records. This isn't even close. The whole 2020 Election and Covid-19 ordeal is substantially worse than anything CNN has ever done by a mile. Tucker alone is more crazy than anyone on CNN.

@dabear said:

They are the anti-FoxNews, but turned up to 11.

Fox News is the anti-CNN turned up to 30.

Both suck, Fox is worse. They just don't have anyone as bad as Tucker and they don't have any court cases as bad as damning Dominion or anything as dangerous as Fox's Covid lies.

The data on this is clear:

• Consuming content from Fox News is associated with decreased knowledge of science and society (psypost.org) (Scored worse than CNN).
  • What is Fox News? Partisan Journalism, Misinformation, and the Problem of Classification - A.J. Bauer, Anthony Nadler, Jacob L. Nelson, 2022 (sagepub.com)
  • Fox News Content Led to Covid Vaccine Hesitancy Among Viewers - Bloomberg

• Study: Fox Viewers More Likely to Have Factual Opinions If They Switch Networks - Truthout

You just won't be able to find the same damning studies on CNN. CNN have a few clowns, but FOX is the whole ass circus.

@dabear said:

They have had to have people resign over it

You're proving my point. Why hasn't Fox made Tucker, Ingraham, and Hannity resign?

P.S. This is all whataboutism.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dabear

@zaryia: So, you seem to just missed... every link I previously provided? LOL!!!!

And, this is not whataboutism. The point of my posts is that using CNN to denounce FoxNews is like using a serial killer to denounce a serial rapist. They're both trash.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zaryia
@dabear said:

@zaryia: So, you seem to just missed... every link I previously provided? LOL!!!!

I saw them. The 2020 Election lie and Covid lie were substantially worse. Tucker is substantially worse. Why haven't the liars, confirmed via court, resigned?

Furthermore I have studies,

• Consuming content from Fox News is associated with decreased knowledge of science and society (psypost.org)
  • What is Fox News? Partisan Journalism, Misinformation, and the Problem of Classification - A.J. Bauer, Anthony Nadler, Jacob L. Nelson, 2022 (sagepub.com)
  • Fox News Content Led to Covid Vaccine Hesitancy Among Viewers - Bloomberg

Both suck. Fox is worse. Big deal. This thread is about Fox lying big time.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dabear

@zaryia: all three of those links are rediculous. So much so, I actually laughed that you linked them.

CNN is worse than FoxNews. Deal with it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

@dabear said:

@zaryia: all three of those links are rediculous. So much so, I actually laughed that you linked them.

CNN is worse than FoxNews. Deal with it.

Nah Fox is the worst.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zaryia
@dabear said:

What.........? They are all serious studies from very reputable sources. All 3 published and peer reviewed I believe. Do you have counter citation?

This post of yours is not a real rebuttal. It was such a non-reply that I actually consider it a concession.

"Consuming content from Fox News is associated with decreased knowledge of science and society."

You're a poster child for the above findings. A living example.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dabear

@zaryia: Here we go...

I don't watch cable news, but I do read the articles from NBCNews.com. CNN.Com, FoxNews.com; as well as the digital versions of Chicago Tribune and Wall Street Journal. Somewhere between the 5 is the truth.

I didn't insult your intelligence. I'd appreciate you extending the same courtesy. However, if you'd like to discuss educational pedigrees, I am all for it.

All three articles could easily be applied to anyone watching CNN and believing their falsehoods. I'm not impressed.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 br0kenrabbit

So uh, apparently a settlement has been reached. Which sucks. Was really looking forward to watching Tucker squirm on the stand.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 InEMplease

@br0kenrabbit said:

So uh, apparently a settlement has been reached. Which sucks. Was really looking forward to watching Tucker squirm on the stand.

Oh that is deeply disappointing. This is just one more thing for them to twist in their favor.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

Fox has less credibility than The Onion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 br0kenrabbit

@girlusocrazy said:

The funniest part though is Tucker Carlson has to keep pretending to love Trump. What does this guy do to live with himself, I want to know 😂🤣

He holds his dog and cries alone in the bathroom.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@girlusocrazy said:

The funniest part though is Tucker Carlson has to keep pretending to love Trump. What does this guy do to live with himself, I want to know 😂🤣

He holds his dog and cries alone in the bathroom.

To be fair that bathroom is prob bigger than my house because he made so much fat cash being a shithead on Fox TV.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

787.5 million and admission of guilt.

Would have liked to see the spectacle, but there is still some hope in the OAN, Guiliani and other cases as Dominion can pursue those without monetary risk.

Also, Smartmatic is licking their lips.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By InEMplease
@SUD123456 said:

787.5 million and admission of guilt.

Would have liked to see the spectacle, but there is still some hope in the OAN, Guiliani and other cases as Dominion can pursue those without monetary risk.

Also, Smartmatic is licking their lips.

They're not really big on admission though. I can just see Tuckers constipated face trying to spin this into whatever bullcrap he can.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MirkoS77

Chump change to Faux.