Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59087 Posts

This is basically Resetera.

Link

Protester who shattered window at Jordan Peterson lecture found to be carrying a garrotte: police

During the lecture, a woman stood on one of the building’s window ledges and banged on the window, causing it break. The woman cut her hand, but fled the scene

A woman who protested a controversial lecture that took place at Queen’s University on Monday is facing numerous charges from Kingston Police.

Jordan Peterson, a University of Toronto psychology professor, stopped at Queen’s as part of a tour to support his bestselling book 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos. The lecture he gave was titled The Rising Tide of Compelled Speech in Canada.

Peterson has been criticized for refusing direction to use nongender pronouns as well as opposing Bill C-16, which extends legal protections to transgender people. His critics have accused him of promoting far-right, racist, homophobic and Islamophobic ideas.

About 150 protesters gathered outside Grant Hall while Peterson gave his lecture that started at about 4:30 p.m.

At about 5:15 p.m. a woman, who isn’t a Queen’s student, stood on one of the building’s window ledges. Police said in their news release that she then started to bang on the window causing it break. The woman cut her hand, but fled the scene. She was stopped by officers dressed in plain clothing at University Avenue and Stuart Street.

When the officers identified themselves the woman started to yell and resisted arrest by trying to pull away, police said. Once handcuffed the woman became violent and started kicking one officer. Additional officers responded to take the woman to police headquarters, but on the way there she tried to kick out the cruiser’s window.

Once at police headquarters the woman refused to walk on her own and continued to be uncooperative. Police said that she bit one of the officers and had to be physically carried into her cell as she continued to be violent.

Police searched her backpack and inside they found a weapon inside. Commonly known as a garrote, the weapon consists of metal wire with handles on each end.

A 38-year-old local woman has been charged by police with mischief, assaulting police, possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, and for carrying a concealed weapon. She was held in police custody to attend a bail court.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

I love how "mischief" is an official charge.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

I never even heard of a garrotte. If this happened in the States it would have been a glock.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Sounds very Canadian. If you don't politely disagree, you're a criminal.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrbojangles25

@vl4d_l3nin said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Sounds very Canadian. If you don't politely disagree, you're a criminal.

"What do we charge him with?"
"Hmmm what did he do?"
"Protested"
"Sounds like mischief, to me!"
"Mmm yes, quite mischievous"
"Indeed!"

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

She accomplished nothing, was it really worth getting a rap sheet over this thing?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

A pretend intellectual like Jordan Peterson isn't relevant enough to get mad over. SJWs are so dumb.

I agree with a lot of the stuff he says concerning SJWs, Free Speech, and a few other things - but he goes overboard into straight up low IQ extreme right talking points when it comes to climate change and guns studies. Straight up denying objective data and tweeting out conspiracy blogs (literally) on those matters. Actual intellectuals wouldn't dream of doing that in a million years.

He also fails to mention many conservative ideals or policies that harms society, even ones that are far more pressing than having to use a bunch of annoying Trans nouns. It's very one sided. Furthermore, he talks about people playing victims, but plays as one of the biggest youtube victims I've ever seen.

He's like a failed version of Sam Harris, who is smart enough to not take a side or complain as often. Certainly nothing to get worked up over, SJWs are trash.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6953 Posts

Americans....don't even know your own mischief law

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup

@SOedipus said:

I never even heard of a garrotte. If this happened in the States it would have been a glock.

Hitmans wep.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@zaryia:

https://youtu.be/sUXcwpDnLc8

Yes, keep saying he doesn't know what he's talking about

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zaryia

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@zaryia:

https://youtu.be/sUXcwpDnLc8

Yes, keep saying he doesn't know what he's talking about

I never once stated this about the topic he is discussing in that video. I clearly said I agree with some of his views.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@zaryia: lol the mans a genius and hearing forum dwellers say otherwise is laughable.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zaryia

@loganx77 said:

@zaryia: lol the mans a genious and hearing forum dwellers say otherwise is laugable.

1. You spelled genius and laughable wrong.

2. He's linked incorrect data on climate change, for several years. At times, literally conspiracy blogs. That puts you down a few pegs, and I was rather shocked to see this. Not what you expect from someones who at first sounds quite smart. It's as if Sam Harris linked Infowars.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LoganX77

@zaryia: Ohh nos you caught my typos before the edit!

And no there is little debate about climate change the debate is how much mankind actually effects it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zaryia

@loganx77 said:

And no there is little debate about climate change the debate is how much mankind actually effects it.

Many conservatives have that debate of whether it is real, or effected by man at all. Sadly.

Also, tell that to your boy,

https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/7tiaer/peterson_and_climate_change_a_collection/

I'm sure he's intelligent. But some of his behavior is laughable. I wasn't surprised one but when Sam Harris trashed him in their "debate". Far more neutral. Far more fact based. One hasn't been linking extreme right conspiracy blogs on twitter for 4 years.

But anyways, Here's the Great Christopher Hitchen's brother's take,

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LoganX77

@zaryia: Jordan Peterson is pretty factual and its foolish to discredit all his arguments because you disagree with his perspective on climate change. In all honesty its not his arguments on climate change that people really focus on but his ability to decimate SJWs.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zaryia

@loganx77 said:

@zaryia: Jordan Peterson is pretty factual and its foolish to discredit all his arguments because you disagree with his perspective on climate change. In all honesty its not his arguments on climate change that people really focus on but his ability to decimate SJWs.

I disagree with "perspective" on climate change because they are factually incorrect, going by those blogs he's linked. That's just someone posting literally debunked conspiracy blogs.

I'm not discrediting all his points due to his stupid climate crap, I still agree with other things as I stated on my first post. I'm just saying the climate crap knocks him down a peg and I don't see him on the level of someone far more objective like Sam Harris. But on the flip side, neither are as bad as Ben Shapirro.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Yeah, I made the mistake of google imaging it, since I was lazy to read a description. Wish I hadn't.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

nothing more hysterically retarded then the phrase 'Evil Social Justice Warrior'

how DARE they be for social justice! the moral outrage!

anyone see the irony here?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup

@tryit said:

nothing more hysterically retarded then the phrase 'Evil Social Justice Warrior'

Yea, you'd get permanently banned on Resetera for saying that, and those event guys would probably try damage your property and/or cause harm.

Thankfully I own a spinal cord. You're safe son.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:

Yea, you'd get permanently banned on Resetera for saying that, and those event guys would probably try damage your property and/or cause harm.

idea for you...

maybe talk about the substance of why I would say that instead of talking about how to shut a person from speaking.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup

@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:

idea for you...

maybe talk about the substance of why I would say that instead of talking about how to shut a person from speaking.

Using a capital letter is a better idea imo.

Oh wise one.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@tryit said:

idea for you...

Using a capital letter is a better idea imo.

Oh wise one.

so you dont know or care why the term 'Evil Social Justice' is so bad its a non-starter for many people because it doesnt even make sense.

no care at all

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@tryit: Well, social justice is not what you think it is. When you believe in social justice, which isn't justice, you are saying that injustice is more important than actual justice. A synonym of social justice is group. It is like saying since there are some white people in the United States that are racist, all white people must be punished. In essence, this is what social justice is and if you actually believe in the ideals of social justice then I think your integrity needs to be questioned.

Remember, social justice is NOT justice akin to the same way that political correct is not actually correct.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt

@mecha_frieza said:

@tryit: Well, social justice is not what you think it is. When you believe in social justice, which isn't justice, you are saying that injustice is more important than actual justice. A synonym of social justice is group. It is like saying since there are some white people in the United States that are racist, all white people must be punished. In essence, this is what social justice is and if you actually believe in the ideals of social justice then I think your integrity needs to be questioned.

Remember, social justice is NOT justice akin to the same way that political correct is not actually correct.

the problem is everyone has a sense of justice.

nobody is against what they see as just.

disagreeing with someones view of social justice to then call them a social justice warrior is silly. because then you are putting yourself into a 'anti-' position of whatever they claim. that is poltically a bad move.

'we are against cats being killed!'

'I am anti that'

oops

its why its pro-choice, not ant-pro life'

now however its gotten even worse, anything the right disagrees with they rant SJW. even though the very behavior they make fun of is exactly the same as what thye are doing when they rant about SJW in the first place.

writting a blog about the outrage of allowing women to have a lead role in a video game is being a SJW in action..

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@tryit said:
@mecha_frieza said:

disagreeing with someones view of social justice to then call them a social justice warrior is silly. because then you are putting yourself into a 'anti-' position of whatever they claim. that is poltically a bad move.

'I am anti that'

oops

now however its gotten even worse, anything the right disagrees with they rant SJW. even though the very behavior they make fun of is exactly the same as what thye are doing when they rant about SJW in the first place.

writting a blog about the outrage of allowing women to have a lead role in a video game is being a SJW in action..

There is no view of social justice. There's a definition. It doesn't mold to your argument.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@mecha_frieza said:

'I am anti that'

oops

There is no view of social justice. There's a definition. It doesn't mold to your argument.

the irony is the core aspect of the phrase is related to conduct.

a person writting a blog, making a video, posting on forums, laying out how unfair how injustice loud and proud....about how unfair it is for developers to be forced to make female leads.

so the conduct part both sides do...the only difference is the subject matter in question.

such as for example 'allowing developers to create female leads!'

see?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@mecha_frieza said:

'I am anti that'

oops

a person writting a blog, making a video, posting on forums, laying out how unfair how injustice loud and proud....about how unfair it is for developers to be forced to make female leads.

so the conduct part both sides do...the only difference is the subject matter in question.

see?

There is a single definition of the word. It doesn't mold to your point of view.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TryIt

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@mecha_frieza said:

'I am anti that'

oops

see?

There is a single definition of the word. It doesn't mold to your point of view.

actually that single definition absolutely fits to a tee a right winger who is protesting

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

'I am anti that'

oops

see?

actually that single definition absolutely fits to a tee a right winger who is protesting

You're honestly a lost cause.

mecha_frieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mecha_frieza
Member since 2007 • 1305 Posts

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

see?

You're honestly a lost cause.

Yeah I don't know what to say either because he is literally making up definitions and using the term "social justice" in his own subjective way. I have never seen someone on the right say: even though all white people weren't responsible for slavery, they should all still be punished. Again, injustice is not more important than justice. As a Republican, we often talk in terms of efficiency as opposed to morality, but that doesn't mean that we can't ague the morality of issues either. Social justice / group justice or whatever you want to call it is a morally shitty philosophy because you are saying that group liberties or the rights of a certain group are more important than individual liberties.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

so many questions.

1: who is jordan peterson?

2: what the hell is a garrotte?

3: who or what or where is a resetera?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178855 Posts

@loganx77 said:

How do you have perspective on science?

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LoganX77

@LJS9502_basic: Lol its funny you say that. I been saying that to people for years who believe there are more then two genders.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

@comp_atkins: I'm as confused as you are, although I looked up what a garotte is - think piano wire from The Godfather.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25

Is the person evil because they're an SJW, or because they had a garrote?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@uninspiredcup: LOL bit one of the officers

Well, good for her i am sure they will give her a bit of rest in a nice jail cell.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

see?

I tried for like 15 posts the other day to make this point to this guy. He just doesn't understand that when someone disagrees with "Social Justice" they don't automatically support rape. It was my loss I guess.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N64DD

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

see?

I tried for like 15 posts the other day to make this point this guy. He just doesn't understand that when someone disagrees with "Social Justice" they don't automatically support rape. It was my loss I guess.

Nah, he just trolls. That's why I keep repeating the same questions or points and he just types literal gibberish.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Johnny-n-Roger

@n64dd said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

see?

I tried for like 15 posts the other day to make this point this guy. He just doesn't understand that when someone disagrees with "Social Justice" they don't automatically support rape. It was my loss I guess.

Nah, he just trolls. That's why I keep repeating the same questions or points and he just types literal gibberish.

I don't think it's just an intentional troll for a good laugh though. I think it's a also bit of pettiness or some other defect.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 N64DD

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@n64dd said:
@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@n64dd said:
@tryit said:

see?

I don't think it's just an intentional troll for a good laugh though. I think it's a also bit of pettiness or some other defect.

Pure trolling.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44606 Posts

I wonder if this person really had a garrotte or if they trumped up this charge because they weren't sure what to slap this person with but felt they shouldn't let them go without some kind of infraction. I mean, I am sure if they want, they could call a micro-USB cord a garrotte if they wanted, charges might not stick to someone legally prudent, but likely some won't know how to fight or get resources that will.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I wonder if this person really had a garrotte or if they trumped up this charge because they weren't sure what to slap this person with but felt they shouldn't let them go without some kind of infraction. I mean, I am sure if they want, they could call a micro-USB cord a garrotte if they wanted, charges might not stick to someone legally prudent, but likely some won't know how to fight or get resources that will.

"metal wire with handles on each end"

It was a garrotte.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Johnny-n-Roger
@lamprey263 said:

I don't enjoy interacting with the police. However, this partisan belief that all police are corrupt cowards that just can't wait to batter and arrest someone for no reason then plant evidence on them and falsely charge them is unfounded with the exception of cherry picked examples of police not being corrupt but for being legitimately bad at their job.

In many cases police will allow protesters to continue even if they're violating the law because they don't want the optics of being "militant fascist". They're not the ideological assholes you people make them out to be.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44606 Posts

@Johnny-n-Roger: the police are saying they found a garrotte, a garrotte is losely defined as any device that can be used for strangling, the article seems to make no specific mention of the police articulating the manner or construction of the device or implicit intention of its usage, the article seems to make pretty specific assumption the design is some kind of assassin's garrotte. I'm likely to believe, given I've no doubt she was disruptive but also fought with cops and was uncooperative that they're inclined to throw the book at her for kicking and biting them and generally being a pain in the ass.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:

For me I think it was when they placed bins in front of the door and shouted "lock them in and burn it down", with whooping cheers of narcissistic triumph. But yea, a deadly weapon helps. Replicating scenes from Night Of The Living Dead contributes as well suppose.

All the while Jordan Peterson, dignified.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TryIt

@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

For me I think it was when they placed bins in front of the door and shouted "lock them in and burn it down", with whooping cheers of narcissistic triumph. But yea, a deadly weapon helps. Replicating scenes from Night Of The Living Dead contributes as well suppose.

'lock her up'? is different though?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By uninspiredcup

@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not sure what you are referring to, perhaps some part of the video overlooked, but Jordan Peterson would most likely destroy them in civil debate, which is probably why they resort to a Nazi like level of "it's ok to be an asshole because they're X", or create shitty hit pieces where they spent 90% of the article calling him names than tackling his arguments.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Extremely handsome man.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
@tryit said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Sending someone to jail for breaking the law is not the moral equivalent of locking someone in a building and setting it on fire because you disagree with them.