Do you guys think Trump is capable of empathy for our enemies?

• 61 results
luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

@mattbbpl:

Inb4 matt implies Im a sociopath for wanting to protect the interests of the country first.

The real question is why would we care about empathizing with people trying to undermine our global influence.

Yeah lets stop the enemy with our empathy and feelings. Lets all sit down in a circle and have a group talk with ISIS about how violence is bad.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23063 Posts

@luckylucious: In before you realize that I was referring to the fact that you don't understand the definition of empathy despite it being plastered all over this thread.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

@mattbbpl:

Oh sorry, I just find it hard to empathize with someone who is actively trying to polarize my family and my dog into dust.

Oh and while were at it, ISIS is a group that is conditioned to murder the enemy, you cant infiltrate that culture and set off a revolution that changes minds that simply, and to believe you can while actively shaming the USs sphere of influence across the globe is hypocritical since we'd need that influence to commit such an action of empathy in the first place. Of which cant be obtained unless we remain ruthless torwards the enemy.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@luckylucious: In before you realize that I was referring to the fact that you don't understand the definition of empathy despite it being plastered all over this thread.

Yeah I gave up on explaining it in various ways.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mattbbpl

@Serraph105: We should abandon hope and just turn this into a Princess Bride quote thread.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

Don't think he ever will, which is one of the many reasons why he will be absolutely useless at doing any real damage to ISIS.

@Serraph105 said:

Yeah I gave up on explaining it in various ways.

It's pretty sad when people dont understand basic terminology and are unwilling to learn. Truly an unfortunate situation.

Edit: Empathy is an important part of critical thinking.

http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/valuable-intellectual-traits/528

Edit 2: Lol, its pretty clear Trump is lacking in most of those traits.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Serraph105

@mattbbpl said:

@Serraph105: We should abandon hope and just turn this into a Princess Bride quote thread.

Image result for princess bride memes
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mattbbpl

Coincidentally, I read this article the other day relaying the findings that people in positions of power tend to lose their ability to empathize.

It's a long read, but well worth the effort.

People in positions of power (specifically, people who feel powerful) have a significant reduction in their ability to 'mirror' - to see situations from another's perspective.

'It helps trigger the same feelings those others are experiencing and provides a window into where they are coming from. Powerful people “stop simulating the experience of others,” Keltner says, which leads to what he calls an “empathy deficit.”'

The application to Trump here seems obvious, particularly since he never really experienced life from a powerless position. Perhaps Trump really is incapable of empathy at a normal level. If so, this study indicates that perhaps it's a byproduct of his environment and self-image, and he would need to literally train himself to feel empathy by mentally and emotionally grounding himself periodically.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mattbbpl

@mattbbpl said:

Serraph105 marked this as the best answer

"Serraph105 marked this as the best answer"

I laughed so loud my wife came in from the other room to see what was funny.

Melisajones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Melisajones
Member since 2017 • 29 Posts

@tjandmia:

That is absolutely true that Trump has no empathy neither with Americans nor with other neighborhood countries, except some of his bosom friend's countries like you named one Russia & it is obvious who would have empathy for their enemy! so let me elaborate more Trump basically a bit neurotic guy, he has blight for various of the countries, anyways i wouldn't think, Trump will gracious and phenomenal for the America President.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Serraph105

lol it really was the best answer though.

@mattbbpl said:
@mattbbpl said:

Serraph105 marked this as the best answer

"Serraph105 marked this as the best answer"

I laughed so loud my wife came in from the other room to see what was funny.