Developers distance themselves from publisher Tripwire after boss says he's "proud" of Texas anti-abortion law

• 108 results
OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos: the problem with the idea of taking your business elsewhere and hoping like-minded people do the same is that it promotes division. I can understand if he stated that we will fund pro-life legislation or puts pro-life messages in the games they publish, but as far as I'm aware he just stated his opinion.

It seems like people only do business with like minded people will lead to segregation.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1409 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@palasta: It's legal, if there's a medical or judicial ok for it.

The push is for more straight forward legislation that isn't built upon an ancient law. You can say it's ilegal at its core but since the 70s more legislation was added for the law to allow it. So in practical terms it's legal, as in, the law allows for abortion in certain conditions.

You're the one who brought Germany to the conversation, saying they were hypocrites because abortion there was ilegal too, but the comparison with Texas makes no sense since German law allows for abortion. And as I've said before, you can even check their numbers. I'll risk saying that 100.000 legal abortions per year is quite far from 0. In fact public health insurance covers abortion in Germany.

The publicity thing, is another issue. Also related with the law being completely outdated but not exactly related with the fact that you can legally abort in Germany.

My Goodness...

The articles title literally says...

Activists in Germany demand LEGALIZATION of abortion

The opposite of LEGAL is ILLEGAL. Why else are there activists and womenfolk rights groups criticising and protesting §218/219 for decades!

The whole debate is hypocritc. Chanting along that men dont have a say what women do to their belly and everything inside is no one elses concern. Meaning anti-life people are pro abortion canadian style. Quite disturbing. Imagining an 8 month old foetus from thr womb to the trash can. Someone dare say "it aint a baby/child yet". Thats just sick. Sick in psychopathic/sociopathic sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@palasta: I don't know what to tell you. It's the second link you share that in that same link explains why you are wrong and why your comparison with Texas makes no sense. But you know what? You are absolutely right.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 palasta

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@palasta: I don't know what to tell you. It's the second link you share that in that same link explains why you are wrong and why your comparison with Texas makes no sense. But you know what? You are absolutely right.

Of course you don't know, because you've been proven wrong and all what's left is to insist you weren't. Who is embarrased now?

I know what to tell you... again...

However, these exceptions do not make abortion legal; rather, the process is merely possible without punishment.

https://www.dw.com/en/activists-in-germany-demand-legalization-of-abortion/a-50613936

And the implications the status of illegality has:

https://www.dw.com/en/german-doctors-convicted-over-abortion-law/a-49208908

My comparison with Texas makes no sense (to you)? I am sorry, i didn't explain thouroughly. I did mention netherland drive thru abortion. The reason why many germans go there to participate in fetus holocaust is because the neighbours are "more progressive". Up till 22/24 weeks (12 weeks in Germany) and, since it is LEGAL, there is no hassle and the service overall is better.

You're saying german women should be happy anyway? What gender are you? You're male and think it is acceptable? Welcome to club "The oppressive Patriarch".

The whole debate is hypocritc. Chanting along that men dont have a say what women do to their belly and everything inside is no one elses concern. Meaning anti-life people are pro abortion canadian style. Quite disturbing. Imagining an 8 month old foetus from thr womb to the trash can. Someone dare say "it aint a baby/child yet". Thats just sick. Sick in psychopathic/sociopathic sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@palasta: OK, congratulations, this time you surpassed yourself and went from posting links that contradict what you're saying to actually contradicting yourself in what you write.

"The reason why many germans go there to participate in fetus holocaust is because the neighbours are "more progressive". Up till 22/24 weeks (12 weeks in Germany)"

So we do agree that the law in Germany allows for abortions.

The link you posted of a doctor being condemned has nothing to do with the discussion. It's because of the Nazi era law that forbids advertising abortion. In absurd you could even have 100% liberalised abortion and that doctor still be condemned for advertising it.

"You're saying german women should be happy anyway? What gender are you? You're male and think it is acceptable? Welcome to club "The oppressive Patriarch".'

Please quote me where I stated that German women should be happy. I do agree that German law should move towards giving more agency to women and unless it's a late pregnancy my personal opinion is that aborting should be completely up to the pregnant. And above all I think that, either pro or against, the whole thing should be erased and built from the ground so that it's a coherent law, not a mix of fascist and progressive ideals trying to make everyone happy. But I don't even know why is that relevant to the fact that law in Germany allows for abortion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@palasta said:

@ghost_of_phobos: You like to dance in circles. I never claimed abbortion is strictly banned no exception. From the very first post in this thread i used the correct term "Illegal".

And of course the doctor punished for advertising abortion is due illegality. Otherwise this law would have no justification. In principle it is the same with the Swastika. It is illegal, but exceptions are made were display goes unpunished. Or do you want to claim the Swastika is legal in Germany, because it can be seen in movies and in educational context?

I recommend for the future, if you dont know jack about a subject, dont be a little street pinscher running with the pack lead by a bitch in heat.

Yes you did. You called it illegal in Germany and you were wrong. Several time. Take the L and move on.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By palasta
@LJS9502_basic said:
@palasta said:

@ghost_of_phobos: You like to dance in circles. I never claimed abbortion is strictly banned no exception. From the very first post in this thread i used the correct term "Illegal".

And of course the doctor punished for advertising abortion is due illegality. Otherwise this law would have no justification. In principle it is the same with the Swastika. It is illegal, but exceptions are made were display goes unpunished. Or do you want to claim the Swastika is legal in Germany, because it can be seen in movies and in educational context?

I recommend for the future, if you dont know jack about a subject, dont be a little street pinscher running with the pack lead by a bitch in heat.

Yes you did. You called it illegal in Germany and you were wrong. Several time. Take the L and move on.

Peoples reading comprehension on GS is really something. At least one gave up quickly.

https://www.dw.com/en/activists-in-germany-demand-legalization-of-abortion/a-50613936

However, these exceptions do not make abortion legal; rather, the process is merely possible without punishment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@palasta:Can we stop this, please.

A German magazine made an article about an American CEO supporting the Texas law, and you called them hypocrites because "abortion in Germany was illegal". (you later edited and added "generally", just notice this today.) To start with, even if you were 100% right, that doesn't make them hypocrite because being German doesn't mean they support their own law. Same as being Texan doesn't mean you support the new Texas law.

That logical fallacy aside...

You are being dense just to save face. Notice this on the same article you posted. "Her personal goal is "that women realize abortions are not legal in Germany. So many people are surprised the first time they hear that.""

Why is this, why is it that people in Germany don't realize that abortion is not legal? That's why it's absurd you comparing Texas to Germany, because in practical terms the law allows it with much less restrictions than Texas.

Notice also in your own article

"Germany's Federal Statistics Office reported just over 100,000 abortions in 2018. Around 96% of the procedures took place after a consultation and before the 12th week of pregnancy. Just under 4% were carried out due to medical complications during the pregnancy, and only 20 pregnancies were aborted due to conception by rape."

See here you have it. In practical terms from the 100.000 abortions legally executed in 2018 (which is within their annual average) 96% were without medical or judicial reason and fall under the 12th week rule. Does that sound anything like Texas? Does that sound like it's actually illegal?

But hey, lets go to the German Public Health Insurance site (translated)

"Termination of pregnancy at one's own request

The unpunished termination of a pregnancy at one's own request without an indication is only possible within the first twelve weeks after conception if the pregnant woman has sought advice from a recognized institution on the and cons of pregnancy at least three days before the abortion (so-called pregnancy conflict counseling). The abortion may only be performed by a doctor other than the doctor advised. The consultation must be proven with a certificate.

Termination of a pregnancy for medical reasons or after a sexual offence

In the case of a "criminological indication" and a "medical indication", there is no obligation to provide advice. Nevertheless, it is also recommended to seek advice here."

and what about coverage, does the Public Health Insurance has any cover for this illegal act?

Termination of a pregnancy for medical reasons or after a sexual offence

In some cases, the AOK also covers the costs of the abortion itself. This is when the woman's health is seriously endangered by the pregnancy or the child was conceived by a sexual offence (for example, rape or sexual abuse of children). Prerequisite: A medical report proves a medical or criminological indication for an abortion.

Reimbursement of costs for women without income or insurance

For women with little or no income, the federal state in which they live covers the costs of abortion. This also applies to women who are not insured with any statutory health insurance. The benefits must then be applied for at the local statutory health insurance fund. The AOK assists with the application.

Do you realize now why your call out of the Germans makes no sense? They can in fact legally have abortions under the 12th week, they can have abortions after the 12th week with medical or judicial authorization, and the public health system subsidises it in some cases.

So please avoid this kind of defensive approach because it makes you look bad

You made a terrible and ill-informed analogy with German law which within the context of the Texas law is borderline absurd. Plus, we're not even going with the incentive to snitching, which is the basis of the Texas law, and really pushes it out of any comparison to the German law. Which let me remind you again, you were the one calling them hypocrites due to your absolute lack of knowledge for the German situation.

Which makes it funny reading you accusing me of knowing "jack about a subject" when you are the one repeatedly insisting on being wrong just because you made a mistake. And I honestly think it was an honest mistake on your side, initially. You probably saw some comment online about the German law and went with it, without making any proper research, and when you were called out you decided to go down with it instead of just saying "My bad, in fact the German situation has nothing to do with the Texas one".

But please continue...

Avatar image for deactivated-622fe92f3678e
deactivated-622fe92f3678e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 deactivated-622fe92f3678e
Member since 2021 • 1836 Posts

@palasta: Germany wasnt even mentioned in the article and what does Canada have to do with this? Enough with the thread jack.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 palasta

@ghost_of_phobos:

I explained why i called em hypocrites. You re deliberately ignoring everything else written. Before and after the initial hypo-post.

German abortion laws as the Texans, are in favor of the unborn child, to protect life. As simple as that. The german magazine titles "restricting womens rights", not "extending the rights of the unborn". I mentioned how hypocritical the whole debate is. At what point is it not womens rights restriction? 12 weeks? 14 weeks? 6 month? 9 months? According to Canada it is 9 months. Thus, forbid a woman to kill off a 8 months healthy fetus in her womb is restricting womens rights. The logic anti-life faction is applying here, aka hypocritical.

Btw. have you finally figured out why 218/219 are still in effect? No, not Nazi. Three letters: CDU

Christlich Demokratische Union

Christian Democratic Party

CHRISTIAN ...

You re claiming there is virtually no difference between legal illegal, although i provided enough context proving the contrary, a controversy with a long history and subject of ongoing debates.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@palasta: But 218/219 isn't really in effect as the defacto spirit of the law is no longer applied, since legislation was introduced to circumvent it. Been so since the 70s and that movement is still going until the present day, moving towards women choice. There's a difference between being legal, ilegal and liberalised. And unless we're talking about liberalisation, abortion will always exist within a legal framework.

Considering the promiscuity between church and Nazism I don't know if Christianity is the best pro-life argument.

I'm kind of confused with your definition of hypocrisy, seems to me it's just people not sharing your opinion. I heavily lean towards pro choice (or anti life 😄) and I think either side can defend its position without being hypocrite.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#114 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Original post is well stated.