Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: Not illegal, but I'd argue unwise.

I just think it's funny we forbid anyone under 35 (iirc) and non-native born Americans to be president, but it'd be OK for a bi-polar person to be president.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mattbbpl said:

I just think it's funny we forbid anyone under 35 (iirc) and non-native born Americans to be president, but it'd be OK for a bi-polar person to be president.

Is Hillary still checking under the bed for Russians before hitting the hay? (Poor Tulsi)

Or how about sleepy George, how was that ever allowed to happen?

I agree - a president should have his or her wits about him (or her), but I fear mental fitness went out the window as a presidential qualifier a long time ago.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58489 Posts

@sancho_panzer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mattbbpl said:

Is Hillary still checking under the bed for Russians before hitting the hay? (Poor Tulsi)

Or how about sleepy George, how was that ever allowed to happen?

I agree - a president should have his or her wits about him (or her), but I fear mental fitness went out the window as a presidential qualifier a long time ago.

Oof. I miss being the America where our president could go to Japan, pass out and throw up on their PM, then wake up from it and wave and everyone in the room applauds and laughs and thinks you're great.

We had a lot of respect back then. How far have we fallen :(

We are definitely not "throw up on another country's leader and everything is cool"-respected these days.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts

@comp_atkins said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

Does Trump even debate? Isn't he only throwing out insults?

Pretty much. As I recall last time he said nothing of substance......but he did call for the Russians to hack Clinton.

not to mention trying to defend his dick size..

Will we be witnessing comedy on a whole new level, or cringe?

Avatar image for deactivated-610a70a317506
deactivated-610a70a317506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 deactivated-610a70a317506
Member since 2017 • 658 Posts

@Xabiss said:

If he is smart he shouldn't do it. It would only hurt Bidden, but damn I want the comedy of both of these fools on stage. It would be a epic showdown of senile old men.

I am totally with you. It will be epic comedy gold.

We all know Trump is going to hurl insults and accusations at Biden. Many of which will not be true, but he'll hurl them anyway. And if Joe slips up at all, Trump is going to ridicule him viciously.

And we all know Biden does not react well to being challenged or insulted. You know, push up contests, lying dog faced pony soldier, etc. etc.

Trump will be Trump, and by now everyone knows who and what he is, so it's already "baked in to the cake" if you will. But Joe's handlers have a real problem on their hands. If they zip him up with some pep pills so he doesn't get too mumble-mouthed and lethargic, they're liable to see their candidate storm across the stage and challenge Trump to a fist fight on national TV.

I'll be watching with an ample supply of popcorn.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Apparently the NYTs are Democrat strategists and have recommended Biden not debate Trump?

https://youtu.be/eERIBBCBZcY

This post leads to a far right fake news program. Please give a proper source.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Considering his abysmal performance of late when it comes to anything speaking related, not to mention the complete and utter lack of any energy, not debating Trump would be a major comedic loss for America and the world.

You mean the guy that said less testing would equal fewer cases. Or that time he asked you to inject Lysol?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

@virusvaccine21 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Considering his abysmal performance of late when it comes to anything speaking related, not to mention the complete and utter lack of any energy, not debating Trump would be a major comedic loss for America and the world.

You mean the guy that said less testing would equal fewer cases. Or that time he asked you to inject Lysol?

No, I'm talking about comedic gold of from things like economic intercourse, not the triggering President Trump causes among the keyboard warrior crowd.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

No, I'm talking about comedic gold of from things like economic intercourse, not the triggering President Trump causes among the keyboard warrior crowd.

What's wrong with economic intercourse? You realize Intercourse means more than just copulation, right? Of course you don't.

Intercourse as Interaction in Economics

https://www.powerthesaurus.org/economic_intercourse

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Biden will chew him up!

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

We've had this discussion already, and the people who laugh at it only reveal that they themselves don't understand the term.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

What's wrong with economic intercourse? You realize Intercourse means more than just copulation, right? Of course you don't.

Intercourse as Interaction in Economics

https://www.powerthesaurus.org/economic_intercourse

I too enjoy the discussion of economic intercourse and the stiff world market juxtaposed to the recent flaccid stock market.

@mattbbpl said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@virusvaccine21 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

We've had this discussion already, and the people who laugh at it only reveal that they themselves don't understand the term.

Ah yes, how dare someone find comedic value in a phrase! Look upon my horse dear lads!

@zaryia said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Biden will chew him up!

Definitely possible! I will definitely have the popcorn and rum ready. And if this forum is anything to judge by, I won't need any salt because there will be plenty.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15592 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Ah yes, how dare someone find comedic value in a phrase! Look upon my horse dear lads!

This is like laughing if the president addresses the troops and says the word duty. Like yea he said duty, but if you find the word duty unironically humorous then maybe listening to the candidates in the first place isn't a good use of your time.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Vaasman said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

This is like laughing if the president addresses the troops and says the word duty. Like yea he said duty, but if you find the word duty unironically humorous then maybe listening to the candidates in the first place isn't a good use of your time.

Ah yes, the word duty is undoubtedly used in the same frequent fashion as economic intercourse, both in way of life, media and online. I forgot entirely!

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
@Vaasman said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Loading Video...

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Sancho_Panzer

Ah, these would be those high level psi-ops in play. ^

Truly terrifying stuff.

I'm sorry, but 'economic intercourse' is an objectively funny phrase.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@zaryia: Fox News is not ‘far right’, they lean right. Learn your terms if you’re going to argue things you know little about!

But the left considers anyone who disagrees with them or supports the sitting president as far right anyway.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: Fox News is not ‘far right’

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sevenizz

@zaryia: They aren’t. But again, if anyone disagrees with you, they’re far right, right?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 horgen  Moderator

Fox News is further right than CNN is left...

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@horgen said:

Is there an objective measurement to determine a baseline here?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 horgen  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@horgen said:

Is there an objective measurement to determine a baseline here?

Just going by the site that Seveniss used. However the difference is fairly small, so they probably overlap in several times if you are looking at individual articles.

I have forgotten the little I read on how it is decided, so I don't know the baseline here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: They aren’t. But again, if anyone disagrees with you, they’re far right, right?

• Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however, straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.

Take that Fox fans. From your source. LOL. As for the far right you are arguing about the site doesn't differentiate that so you can't claim you provided proof he's wrong.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sevenizz

@LJS9502_basic: I take it you didn’t read the meter which clearly denotes something you conveniently skipped.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sevenizz

@horgen: ‘ Fox News is further right than CNN is left...’

The reason you assume that Is because their competition (aka mainstream media, aka most media) lambast them as less than when in reality, they’re no different. They just play for a different team.

You’ve been tricked!

Fox has a regular Democrat on a daily panel and you’d be surprised to know he’s not continually beaten up as you’d assume. Does CNN have a single conservative panelist - ever?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

@zaryia: They aren’t.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Sevenizz

@zaryia: You can post all the memes you want, doesn’t mean you’re correct.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

@LJS9502_basic: I take it you didn’t read the meter which clearly denotes something you conveniently skipped.

Oh I'm just laughing at how bad Fox is and you linked it. Maybe you conveniently skipped the entire article since you follow faux. El oh el.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Sevenizz

@LJS9502_basic: For funzies, you should check your preferred news gatherers. I guarantee you they fall within your political leaning.

Also, you still can’t point out Fox News as far right - just an outlet you don’t agree with because you’re left biased...just like the news you prefer.

How come I don’t see you calling out people who link CNN articles...ever? Hmm...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LJS9502_basic

@Sevenizz said:

@LJS9502_basic: For funzies, you should check your preferred news gatherers. I guarantee you they fall within your political leaning.

Also, you still can’t point out Fox News as far right - just an outlet you don’t agree with because you’re left biased...just like the news you prefer.

How come I don’t see you calling out people who link CNN articles...ever? Hmm...

Ah so now we come to the straw man party of posting. Isn't that trolling? CNN has a bias but I haven't seen anything stating they make up stories like Fox does. So why would I call them out?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

The right-wing morons on this forum have proven that they still think "armpit farts" are funny.

'Intercourse'...'duty'...huuurrrrrr deerrrrr....haha heerrr he said 'stiff'.....hhahaha herrrrr *belch*....hahaha

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zaryia

@Sevenizz said:

@Sevenizz said:

Your link literally shows it near the end of the right spectrum, and states they are "strongly right-biased".

You may as well concede right now or admit to just being a troll.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#83 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@Sevenizz: CNN is trashy, as their business model revolves around making big stories out of relatively small footnotes. But Fox News' business model explicitly revolves around selling a partisan narrative. They are a product for a specific audience; people that want their worldviews enforced. CNN is only considered left because Trump speaks negatively of them (to intentionally help them, as his friend Jeff Zucker runs the network and helped Trump win in 2016 by maximizing CNN coverage of the candidate). Them reporting on a crime a Trump associate did for him or an incompetence by Trump is not bias; if Trump did something good, CNN would report it too (as well gather 10 talking heads, 5 dems and 5 reps, to discuss it to create on-air drama that they can rehash for the next 24 hours).

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Man Trump supporters are really grasping for any form of good news. Sorry, but if Moscow Mitch is urging Americans to wear face mask, Trump is pretty much done.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

@Sevenizz: @zaryia: Even more important than the bias is their accuracy:

"We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however, straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting."

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@zaryia said:
@Sevenizz said:

@Sevenizz said:

Your link literally shows it near the end of the right spectrum, and states they are "strongly right-biased".

You may as well concede right now or admit to just being a troll.

Just wondering, because I'm not really familiar with Media Bias/Fact Check or Dave Van Zandt and his methodology... Is there a difference between being strongly right-biased and being far-right-biased?

Could a media outlet be, for example, strongly centre-left-biased?

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#88  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The debates wont matter either way. Hillary Clinton completely walloped Trump in all 3 last time and he still won. Biden has agreed, publicly, to do the traditional 3 debates. Are people really still deciding who they want as president? Thats crazy to me- you really dont know at this point? You need to see them debate? How can you be undecided at this point in 2020