deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

It should be decriminalized nationally. But i think that's what he said anyways. I dont think biden is as against pot as you guys think.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

Biden's face is a gateway drug!

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

The issues marijuana consistently causes far outweighs any so-called "pros" it may have.

What issues?

The only serious issues are legal ones, and that'd be an easy fix by legalizing it.

As for the "pros" of cannabis, I don't think it's so much that it is this amazing wonderful thing...it's just essentially harmless. I'd sooner outlaw refined sugar than cannabis if we are using the same logic.

Criminal.

It's naive to believe legalizing marijuana solves the issues, a perfect example seen in California where it's still a major issue. Home grow operations/outdoor illegal grow operations, weed rips/shootings/stabbings/burglaries/home invasions... all still very common.

A rising issue we have been seeing in is DUIs... Especially when the public isn't informed on the matter, along with the increase in youth being exposed to it.

Are cannabis-related DUI's really that severe? In my experience people tend to drive a bit more cautiously when they are stoned, as opposed to other drugs (alcohol) where they are either all over the place from impairment or simply reckless.

As for the criminal aspect, you could argue all that was there (and likely worse) before legalization. The only difference now is we can tax it.

I live in an area of California that can be considered the cannabis capital of the state (if not the world), and the farmers I know have all said things are much better. They don't get hassled by the cartel as much, if at all (yeah, the Mexican cartel still cares about weed), and since it is all out in the open if competing farmers try to burn or steal their harvest they can report them to the cops (in other words, there are legal ramifications whereas before farmers had to take matters into their own hands.

The biggest problem now is there is simply too much pot out there. It's hard for small farmers to stay in business because there is a surplus. There are about five businesses in my town alone that will deliver pot to you for free*, and the prices are low.

*not admitting to using it btw, not sure if Gamespot still cares lol.

Dude, you don't need to spend so much time arguing with him. The issues he's referring to are obvious to anyone paying attention. Police departments will get less clean money for their frivolous war on drugs and individual cops will get less dirty money from shaking down dealers. He's protecting his pocketbook, plain and simple.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#54 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

If you're using it, it's for purely legal and medicinal purposes. You've got to treat that chronic pain and those pediatric seizures. Carry on, mrbojangles.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#55  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Criminal.

It's naive to believe legalizing marijuana solves the issues, a perfect example seen in California where it's still a major issue. Home grow operations/outdoor illegal grow operations, weed rips/shootings/stabbings/burglaries/home invasions... all still very common.

A rising issue we have been seeing in is DUIs... Especially when the public isn't informed on the matter, along with the increase in youth being exposed to it.

Are cannabis-related DUI's really that severe? In my experience people tend to drive a bit more cautiously when they are stoned, as opposed to other drugs (alcohol) where they are either all over the place from impairment or simply reckless.

As for the criminal aspect, you could argue all that was there (and likely worse) before legalization. The only difference now is we can tax it.

I live in an area of California that can be considered the cannabis capital of the state (if not the world), and the farmers I know have all said things are much better. They don't get hassled by the cartel as much, if at all (yeah, the Mexican cartel still cares about weed), and since it is all out in the open if competing farmers try to burn or steal their harvest they can report them to the cops (in other words, there are legal ramifications whereas before farmers had to take matters into their own hands.

The biggest problem now is there is simply too much pot out there. It's hard for small farmers to stay in business because there is a surplus. There are about five businesses in my town alone that will deliver pot to you for free*, and the prices are low.

All impaired driving from drugs/alcohol can be severe. The idea anyonedrives better while impaired is so patently silly to me that I hold it up there to "these aren't my pants, officer."

I'm familiar with the area, how well received was the Netflix documentary about a certain mountain? Speaking of "farms", we recently had a local Deputy get murdered responding to a call for service at a marijuana farm. The rural mountain farms remain extremely dangerous.

Gamespot's ToU is specific about illegal substances and the promotion of said items. While discussion of its legal status is a more gray area, considering the wide range of US states which have it legal or illegal.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 theone86

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Criminal.

All impaired driving from drugs/alcohol can be severe. The idea anyonedrives better while impaired is so patently silly to me that I hold it up there to "these aren't my pants, officer."

I'm familiar with the area, how well received was the Netflix documentary about a certain mountain? Speaking of "farms", we recently had a local Deputy get murdered responding to a call for service at a marijuana farm. The rural mountain farms remain extremely dangerous.

Gamespot's ToU is specific about illegal substances and the promotion of said items. While discussion of its legal status is a more gray area, considering the wide range of US states which have it legal or illegal.

Easy solution, legalize the farms and farmers won't feel threatened by cops. Oh, but then who would the boys in blue shake down? Where oh where would the FOP clowns get the money they need to retire (other than their cherry pensions, of course)?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

@theone86 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Easy solution, legalize the farms and farmers won't feel threatened by cops. Oh, but then who would the boys in blue shake down? Where oh where would the FOP clowns get the money they need to retire (other than their cherry pensions, of course)?

Are you defending the idea that those engaging in illegal activities have a reason to kill a cop because they are afraid they might get caught?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@theone86 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

You should probably read about the story before jumping to conclusions. The officer that was killed was responding to a 911 call claiming that a robbery was taking place at the time and was shot upon arrival. He wasn't there to arrest them just because they were growing pot.

Source

The three men involved as well as a fourth person not involved with the shooting were charged by the feds after the fact, which would have never happened if they didn't murder a deputy after calling in a false report he responded to.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58452 Posts

@warmblur said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

OK, that GIF is better than the God of War one, and I didn't think that could happen.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 theone86

@LJS9502_basic said:
@theone86 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Are you defending the idea that those engaging in illegal activities have a reason to kill a cop because they are afraid they might get caught?

Cops blame the victim all the time, I'm just following the stellar example they've been setting for me.

And regardless, shootouts with illegal grow operations wouldn't be a problem if growing were legalized, just like shootouts with moonshiners weren't a problem once prohibition was ended. Police income from shaking down moonshiners did dramatically decrease, though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

@theone86 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cops blame the victim all the time, I'm just following the stellar example they've been setting for me.

And regardless, shootouts with illegal grow operations wouldn't be a problem if growing were legalized, just like shootouts with moonshiners weren't a problem once prohibition was ended. Police income from shaking down moonshiners did dramatically decrease, though.

And shoot outs with bank robbers or murderers etc wouldn't be a problem if we legalized those activities. That's not a good standard TBH for your argument.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@theone86 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And shoot outs with bank robbers or murderers etc wouldn't be a problem if we legalized those activities. That's not a good standard TBH for your argument.

Wouldn't the people involved consider it a problem? I think that's the difference here, it shouldn't be a problem to simply grow a plant, it's a very benign activity, but violent acts against others is anything, but benign.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

@Serraph105 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Wouldn't the people involved consider it a problem? I think that's the difference here, it shouldn't be a problem to simply grow a plant, it's a very benign activity, but violent acts against others is anything, but benign.

It doesn't matter. Just because you think something illegal is ridiculous doesn't mean it's okay to use it as a justification.

Jaywalking is benign. Would you use that same excuse?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@theone86 said:

If memory serves me correctly, the two illegal immigrants who murdered the Deputy did not know he was a Deputy, but rather someone the farm owner had sent to deal with them. The farm owner did not tell the 911 operator that the two on his property were his workers, and instead stated they were trying to rob him. That same "farmer" was charged with manslaughter as well.

Secondly, marijuana grows are not illegal in California unless they lack the permit and authorization to have large scale grows. Everyone, according to California law, can grow a maximum of six plants on their property. There are a plethora of large legal marijuana farms within the state. If you want to deregulate it, then by all means, reach out to the California legislature. The issue is with the farms who do not follow the regulations, permit process, and tax evasions.

Although, recently seized 3k+ plants from an illegal grow, expecting 1.5 to 3 million in fines/asset forfeitures/account freezes. Hard to hide indoor grows when your electric bill is 27k a month.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38685 Posts
@Vaasman said:

Between his fundraising being in the shitter, regular gaffes, and now this, I'm starting to think Biden just doesn't want to win and he's subtly sabotaging his own campaign to avoid the corporate blowback of outright resigning.

we thought the same about trump in '16.

and here we are.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: "Jaywalking is benign. Would you use that same excuse?"

I mean, yes? I think I would. We can discuss whether or not jaywalking truly is benign, and what counts as benign, but in general I don't think benign activities should be illegal.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 theone86

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@theone86 said:

If memory serves me correctly, the two illegal immigrants who murdered the Deputy did not know he was a Deputy, but rather someone the farm owner had sent to deal with them. The farm owner did not tell the 911 operator that the two on his property were his workers, and instead stated they were trying to rob him. That same "farmer" was charged with manslaughter as well.

Secondly, marijuana grows are not illegal in California unless they lack the permit and authorization to have large scale grows. Everyone, according to California law, can grow a maximum of six plants on their property. There are a plethora of large legal marijuana farms within the state. If you want to deregulate it, then by all means, reach out to the California legislature. The issue is with the farms who do not follow the regulations, permit process, and tax evasions.

Although, recently seized 3k+ plants from an illegal grow, expecting 1.5 to 3 million in fines/asset forfeitures/account freezes. Hard to hide indoor grows when your electric bill is 27k a month.

And by that same logic criminalizing it isn't going to do anything to avoid situations like this because their operation was illegal and it was still involved in a shootout.

Yup, like I said, they're expecting millions of dollars in fines and forfeitures, and we should be surprised they oppose legalization? Even when you're blue, it's all about the green. And that's just the legal money. Come on, tell us, how much illegal cash just went missing on your watch? Bet you had to at least have a taste just to make sure the really dirty ones didn't get suspicious.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@theone86: The bigger hits come from the large scale counterfeiting operations. Criminals will exploit the system in any way they can, regardless of the legality/regulation that's imposed. To be honest, I'm not even sure what your argument even entails at this point. Very bizarre.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 theone86

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@theone86: The bigger hits come from the large scale counterfeiting operations. Criminals will exploit the system in any way they can, regardless of the legality/regulation that's imposed. To be honest, I'm not even sure what your argument even entails at this point. Very bizarre.

My argument is that I have a front row seat to the dirtiest, sleaziest, most corrupt police department in the country, so I know why badges want to keep weed criminalized. They regularly raid illegal drug operations in order to keep the dirty money for themselves, and if cannabis is legalized then they lose a potential revenue stream. No wonder, then, that they were able to literally dictate terms to the state legislature when they didn't like the first draft of the legislation that would legalize it.

"Cops will exploit the system in any way they can, regardless of the legality/regulation that's imposed."

Fixed.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@theone86 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

My argument is that I have a front row seat to the dirtiest, sleaziest, most corrupt police department in the country, so I know why badges want to keep weed criminalized. They regularly raid illegal drug operations in order to keep the dirty money for themselves, and if cannabis is legalized then they lose a potential revenue stream. No wonder, then, that they were able to literally dictate terms to the state legislature when they didn't like the first draft of the legislation that would legalize it.

"Cops will exploit the system in any way they can, regardless of the legality/regulation that's imposed."

Fixed.

Oh, you're arguing there's an underlying conspiracy.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

To say marijuana is a gateway drug doesn't mean all marijuana users will seek harder drugs, but a percentage of them, as their body builds a tolerance to THC, will. Not all pot heads become heroin junkies, but virtually all heroin junkies started off as pot heads. So say you legalize pot, make it more socially acceptable, easier to get ahold of, and no one has to fear repercussions from taking it. Well, naturally a lot more people are going to use it, of that a percentage of them will get addicted to the drug itself, if not the dopamine that tends to go with it, and a percentage of them, after building a tolerance, will seek out heavier drugs, which will at the very least, have no impact on the number of people currently in prison for drug offenses, but will probably increase the number over all.

Personally, it makes little difference to me, I do not use it, and even if it was legal, I still wouldn't but if I did, I would at least have enough sense to understand that if I got arrested for it, that'd be on me and me alone for making that decision, not government, not police, not some evil conspiracy. You are responsible for your own actions and the outcome of them.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 theone86

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@theone86 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Fixed.

Oh, you're arguing there's an underlying conspiracy.

Yeah, there's no conspiracy dude, it's fact. Two cops just got sentenced for this exact thing this last month, and there is a long and documented history of cops in my area raiding drug warehouses without making a single arrest. That's on top of the fact that they got caught red-handed trying to cover up evidence that eventually led to the conviction of a cop for murder and battery, that a high-ranking police officer ran a legitimate torture ring out of our police department, and an on-going investigation into a cop who ran his own drug ring and framed project residents in order to cover it up. The fact that you would try to paint police corruption as a conspiracy just solidifies in my mind that you're dirty yourself.

Avatar image for burntbyhellfire
burntbyhellfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74 burntbyhellfire
Member since 2019 • 789 Posts

Wow, two cops? that's a lot, considering there's only about a few million of them in every city and town in every state across the country. Two whole cops you say? I better go hide under my bed so they can't get me.