Piisexactly4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Piisexactly4
Member since 2017 • 65 Posts

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said he was exploring giving South Africa's white farmers access to fast-track visas on humanitarian grounds.

The suggestion was made amid calls to transfer land ownership from white to black farmers in South Africa, and fears over the number of farm killings.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43403408

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
@piisexactly4 said:

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton said he was exploring giving South Africa's white farmers access to fast-track visas on humanitarian grounds.

The suggestion was made amid calls to transfer land ownership from white to black farmers in South Africa, and fears over the number of farm killings.

There's only two things I hate in this world, People that dont respect other cultures and races, and white south africans. Im a proud US democrat.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lets call it what it is..they are being forced out/give up their farm... these stooges offer an amount $$$ the farmers either take it...or get forced out/killed.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@sonicare said:
@piisexactly4 said:

There's only two things I hate in this world, People that dont respect other cultures and races, and white south africans. Im a proud US democrat.

Hating someone for the circumstances under which they were born is a pretty awful way to go through life.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@piisexactly4 said:

Good for Australia

It´s not like they have a huge problem with how they mistreat the aborigines, so the south African farmers will fit right in.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@sonicare said:
@piisexactly4 said:

Funny how black people take offense to having an apartheid state forced upon them by white colonizers, huh?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:
@piisexactly4 said:

Funny how black people take offense to having an apartheid state forced upon them by white colonizers, huh?

Im pretty sure you are not black nor do you live in an apartheid state. What's your excuse?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Wait so Peter Dutton, the immigration minister who condoned and kept open offshore detention centres with appalling conditions such as the one on Manus Island for years, is now talking about offering expedited visas on humanitarian grounds? Lol okay then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@mandzilla said:

Wait so Peter Dutton, the immigration minister who condoned and kept open offshore detention centres with appalling conditions such as the one on Manus Island for years, is now talking about offering expedited visas on humanitarian grounds? Lol okay then.

Yeah, that is a little bit hypocritical.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10  Edited By Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
@mandzilla said:

That's a tu quoque position. I also question how someones views on how to handle prisoners is relevant to their views regarding providing sanctuary from genocide.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@mandzilla said:

That's a tu quoque position. I also question how someones views on how to handle prisoners is relevant to their views regarding providing sanctuary from genocide.

Hardly. They are in fact refugees btw, many of whom are also fleeing genocide and persecution. The people in the detention centres are being held prisoner simply because the Australian government seem to prefer to keep them out of sight and out of mind, rather than actually providing them with sanctuary. If locking them up on isolated Papua New Guinean islands is their idea of sanctuary, then they're doing a terrible job. Consider the fact that a class action lawsuit was successfully brought against the Australian government in 2017, for false imprisonment and negligence towards detainees of the Manus facility.

Peter Dutton's views, and indeed actions in handling 'prisoners' are very relevant here actually. Perhaps I am being too cynical, but his hypocrisy on this issue in mind further demonstrates the fact that he is extremely inconsistent when it comes to taking a humanitarian approach towards people in life threatening situations, depending on the colour of their skin. When has he ever offered to prioritise visas for the Rohingya muslim minority currently facing genocide in Myanmar? After all, this is the man who jokes about rising sea levels in Pacific Island nations.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theone86

@sonicare said:
@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:
@piisexactly4 said:

Im pretty sure you are not black nor do you live in an apartheid state. What's your excuse?

I care about humans as a general principle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:
@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:
@piisexactly4 said:

Only some apparently.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 theone86

@sonicare said:
@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:
@theone86 said:
@sonicare said:

Only some apparently.

Nope, I care about them all. I even care about white South Africans. Unfortunately, they don't share the same view. Despite apartheid ending over twenty years ago (and take a moment to take that in, it's only been twenty years since the South African government officially implemented such racist policies as preventing black land ownership), the majority black population is still underrepresented in just about every measure of financial well-being. Whites still own a majority of land, they hold a majority of executive positions, they own an enormous majority of shares in the South African stock exchange, and they own large majorities of the wealth and take home a majority of the income, despite constituting only TEN percent of the population. If they can't even be bothered to make a good faith effort at reversing a century's worth of systemic racism, then why should I be bothered to defend them? Black South Africans have every right to equal participation in their country's economy, and if that is continually denied to them I'm not going to shed a tear when they take it from the people who were denying it to them. Do I wish there was a better way to have done things? Yes, but that would require the white population of South Africa to take an active role in facilitating change, and they've made it perfectly clear they're not willing to do that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

@sonicare: I expected you to finish that with "and the Dutch" =P

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I have some Austrian cousins who own an engineering firm in South Africa.

At least they're safe.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#18 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@plageus900 said:

I have some Austrian cousins who own an engineering firm in South Africa.

At least they're safe.

Not for long though, first is reprimanding "their" lands back, then will devolve into; we need more "diversity" in leading roles engineering firms. Government officials are THAT racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts

I thought everyone wanted white people to leave Africa....