*-YC's Official Call Of Duty Black Ops Thread-*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#801 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]3. Yes, Mason killed Kennedy which is why he was obsessed with finding Dragovich. After his completed his programming to kill Kennedy, he moved on to his next objective programmed by Reznoz: Dragovich, Kravchenko and Steiner. Mason was someone's puppet the whole game.Young_Charter
That was my favorite part of the game. "You tried to make me kill my president!!" "hahaha...Tried?!"

-_-.........Spoiled it...

aaaahhhh. I'm feelin' sorry for you mate. Probably one of my favourite parts of the game.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#802 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]3. Yes, Mason killed Kennedy which is why he was obsessed with finding Dragovich. After his completed his programming to kill Kennedy, he moved on to his next objective programmed by Reznoz: Dragovich, Kravchenko and Steiner. Mason was someone's puppet the whole game.Young_Charter
That was my favorite part of the game. "You tried to make me kill my president!!" "hahaha...Tried?!"

Should have played the single player :P

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#803 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I have a few questions, perhaps they've already been answered here but... 41 pages of replies is rather daunting to look through...

... anyway, when I "party" up with people prior to getting into a game, we stay highlighted blue for a few rounds but it always seems to vanish, leaving friends to verbally cue each other as to locations. Is it a glitch that friend squads disappear? In WaW, friends stay highlighted the whole time and are easy to see on that radar, on "BlOps", not so much. Anyone have a way to stay partied up and being able to identify friends? In WaW, it was easy to start a aquad and people could join, does it exsist in this game too?

Also, at what level do you get to actually control the chopper gun?

Thanks!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#804 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

So is it worth buying if I already have MW2? I know this has been asked 104985690346839046 times, but I wanna know cuz I can't find an answer.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 commonfate

So is it worth buying if I already have MW2? I know this has been asked 104985690346839046 times, but I wanna know cuz I can't find an answer.

Blabadon

I never owned MW2 but the general consensus is that Black Ops is better.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#806 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

commonfate

I never owned MW2 but the general consensus is that Black Ops is better.

I prefer Black Ops to MW2.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#807 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] That was my favorite part of the game. "You tried to make me kill my president!!" "hahaha...Tried?!"Laser_Hunter

aaaahhhh. I'm feelin' sorry for you mate. Probably one of my favourite parts of the game.

oh ****.... sorry bro.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I have a few questions, perhaps they've already been answered here but... 41 pages of replies is rather daunting to look through...

... anyway, when I "party" up with people prior to getting into a game, we stay highlighted blue for a few rounds but it always seems to vanish, leaving friends to verbally cue each other as to locations. Is it a glitch that friend squads disappear? In WaW, friends stay highlighted the whole time and are easy to see on that radar, on "BlOps", not so much. Anyone have a way to stay partied up and being able to identify friends? In WaW, it was easy to start a aquad and people could join, does it exsist in this game too?

Thanks!

MonkeySpot

Anyone?

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#809 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Thanks!

MonkeySpot

Anyone?

I'm not sure about the friends not being identified as friends but then again I rarely play in parties. As for controlling the chopper gun. I'm assuming you're talking about the Gunship which is an 11 killstreak that you have to buy with your CoD points. There's also the Chopper Gunner which a 9 killstreak and you shoot the minigun on the side of it , you have no control over the chopper itself.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Is anyone down to play zombies?

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#811 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

Is anyone down to play zombies?

1bigsmoke55

I'll play, if it's not NHL then i'm playing COD :)

PSN is Galva1.

MisterDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812 MisterDread
Member since 2003 • 652 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Thanks!

MonkeySpot

Anyone?

The party thing should be fixed with the patch that went live this afternoon.

MisterDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813 MisterDread

So the patch for Xbizzle and PS3 went live yesterday. It was supposed to fix matchmaking and connection problems (among other things). I went from maybe one failed connection every 5 games to 13 failed attempts in a row, 2 of which locked up the console completely.

Anyone else having more connnection problems after the patch?

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814 gial240

So the patch for Xbizzle and PS3 went live yesterday. It was supposed to fix matchmaking and connection problems (among other things). I went from maybe one failed connection every 5 games to 13 failed attempts in a row, 2 of which locked up the console completely.

MisterDread

I had a couple but it freezed on me for the first time yesterday.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#815 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
The new patch does allow you to play with bots offline now, if that matters to anyone. :P
MisterDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816 MisterDread

The new patch does allow you to play with bots offline now, if that matters to anyone. :PMethodManFTW

Nice! I used to love playing CS or Firearms with bots, this would be a good way to warm up a couple of friends who are afraid of BLOPS multiplayer.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#817 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

MisterDread

I played about 5 games last night minutes after the patch.

The first 4 were amazing. No lag whatsoever and great connections all round. The last game got stuck in "...find a new host" and then just kicked everyone out. Then I tried to get into one more game and it got stuck on the loading screen for the map. Had to turn my PS3 off.

I don't know what to make of the patch yet.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Sweet.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#819 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Geez... We should have a contest now since this thread is going strong :D... I know some of you guys would like to have their name on the first page ;)
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820 xGho5tx
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
The new patch does allow you to play with bots offline now, if that matters to anyone. :PMethodManFTW
Damn, I did not know that. Thanks Method.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#821 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
just got my copy of BO & i was hoping it would be better online seems confusing and that whole money thing seems stupid at least how they set it up , graphics yeahh we all know lame although wager is fun and story well working on that then onto the confusing multiplayer or i might just go back to CODMW2 we'll see.... they could have made some things better seems like they rushed the game kk got that off my chest lol
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822 commonfate

Geez... We should have a contest now since this thread is going strong :D... I know some of you guys would like to have their name on the first page ;) Young_Charter

You mean like a game night?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Geez... We should have a contest now since this thread is going strong :D... I know some of you guys would like to have their name on the first page ;) commonfate

You mean like a game night?

Yeah.. but idk if I'll participate... Im not sure yet lol.. but honestly.... I can't stand the Black Ops servers...
RHoque92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824 RHoque92
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

The online is soooo freakin laggy and the game keeps disconnecting!:(

tavo000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#826 tavo000
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts
gonna get it for sure
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#827 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

RHoque92

I lagged a bit after the 1.04 update. However it doesn't lag anymore. Sometimes though my NAT changes to Mod and I need to pop in MW 2 and it automatically changes to Open.

gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828 gial240

[QUOTE="RHoque92"]

JasonDarksavior

I lagged a bit after the 1.04 update. However it doesn't lag anymore. Sometimes though my NAT changes to Mod and I need to pop in MW 2 and it automatically changes to Open.

It was a good update but it still needs some work.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#829 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Just a heads up: I'm unsticking this thread. It's been a month since Black Ops came out, so I don't think we'll need to keep discussion limited to here anymore. I'll leave it open for you all to continue conversing in.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830 Young_Charter

Just a heads up: I'm unsticking this thread. It's been a month since Black Ops came out, so I don't think we'll need to keep discussion limited to here anymore. I'll leave it open for you all to continue conversing in.

c_rake
Dang that sucks :(
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#831 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts

c_rake
if you got a problem with the way i post ... as in that empty quote MEANING i agree to that person's reply PM me ok thanks and its not a sticky so it was allowed .....
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832 JasonDarksavior
1.05 is now up...No new changes and the first two games all ended with "Game Lobby Closed" despite the new update.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#833 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I've been playing the living hell out of Black Ops for 2 days now.

Its very good, the single player campaign has been great so far. Completely blows away the other Call of Duty single player campaigns. Even though I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out what's really happening, I'll catch up later on. Still haven't finished it yet.

The MP is the best thing about it.

But MY GOD, its a total Claymore mines fest. Everywhere you step there's a damn mine hidden somehwere. So you just gotta have to adjust to the situtation and earn enough points to get the Hacker perk. I did, and it helps tremendously.

Also, this game is hugely dependent on the Radar. Everybody is always looking at it to find you. Everytime you shooy somebody, you character shows up on the Radar and like 4 to 5 players come running on to you.

Your best bet to take 3 or 4 of them on is to:

-Throw Flash bangs and get them.

-Bunny Jumping! Same tactic as Bad Company 2. Helps when you encounter somebody face-to-face and he starts shooting at you first (of which odds are you're gons die first) do it and you'll have a 50% chance of surviving.

-Crouching!. Helps as well. I also suggest this because Call of Duty is very..fast...game. The engine it runs on is meant to act, and adapt to fast situations.

So yeah. I'd also recommend ya'll to use the Ghost perk so that your character doesn't show up on the Radar.

I've tried the Zombie part, but its that sort of game that its kinda cheesy and new to players that have not played an FPS Zombie game this gen, and its gon' take some time getting used to.

In the end, Black Ops just kicks major ass and nails the fun factor of every Cod game in the past but this time stumping on all of them becoming the absolute best Call of Duty game yet.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#834 Young_Charter
I've been addicted to it lately because FINALLY the servers are patched.. Still needs work, but it is enough to keep me quiet for a bit.
mamkem6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835 mamkem6
Member since 2007 • 1457 Posts

Why is the bandwidth lower then when I do connection test on PS3 where it is always around 4Mbps?

On BOps it is from 251 to 1003 Kbps.

My PS3 is in DMZ and NAT is open.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836 Young_Charter
A new patch is up. 1.05
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#837 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

Why is the bandwidth lower then when I do connection test on PS3 where it is always around 4Mbps?

On BOps it is from 251 to 1003 Kbps.

My PS3 is in DMZ and NAT is open.

mamkem6

Because Treyarch just that good at writing net code/sarcasm

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838 JasonDarksavior
I got up to Level 26 on Der Riese or whatever last night...Took 2 hours...but man, the team was good.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839 Young_Charter
I got up to Level 26 on Der Riese or whatever last night...Took 2 hours...but man, the team was good.JasonDarksavior
What level were u at first ?
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840 JasonDarksavior
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]I got up to Level 26 on Der Riese or whatever last night...Took 2 hours...but man, the team was good.Young_Charter

What do you mean at first? :O
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"]I got up to Level 26 on Der Riese or whatever last night...Took 2 hours...but man, the team was good.JasonDarksavior

What do you mean at first? :O

What Level did you start off... ? Were u 1 to 26 ?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843 Young_Charter
idk if people want this alive or not.. I am going to try to let it live one more time but after that its dead.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844 commonfate

idk if people want this alive or not.. I am going to try to let it live one more time but after that its dead. Young_Charter

It might be a good idea to say goodbye to this thread Charter :P

Black Ops is old news to everyone now

Besides now you have one less thread to keep an eye on.

bwatch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845 bwatch1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have only played Call of Duty Black Ops for Xbox but was thinking about getting a PS3 and wanted to check if the perks are the same for PS3 as they are for xbox 360. Here is the perk list for xbox - http://www.blackopsperks.net Can someone please confirm the perks are the same in the PS3 version?
MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#846 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

I have only played Call of Duty Black Ops for Xbox but was thinking about getting a PS3 and wanted to check if the perks are the same for PS3 as they are for xbox 360. Here is the perk list for xbox - http://www.blackopsperks.net Can someone please confirm the perks are the same in the PS3 version?bwatch1

Not sure if serious...