Yahoo.com Dogs on the PS3!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stryder_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Stryder_18
Member since 2004 • 942 Posts

Yahoo Finance wrote about the PS3 and how its one of the worst gifts to give this season and this was why.......

"Sony PlayStation 3

It's all fun and games until the battery dies. Unlike its competitors, which use replaceable AA batteries, the PS3's remote control is glued shut. When the battery goes, Sony customers have to blow $55 on a new controller. Sony says there's an "environmental benefit" since gamers don't have to toss their batteries on a regular basis, but Isidor Buchmann, president of battery-equipment maker Cadex Electronics, says captive batteries are becoming common because it's cheaper for companies to eliminate the battery housing and hatch."

Heres the link to the full article http://customsites.yahoo.com/financiallyfit/finance/article-108318-3394-3-gifts-you-may-want-to-avoid-html?ywaad=ad0035

I thought this was the most stupid thing I had heard of so I figured I'd share it with you guys. I've had a 60gb PS3 since launch and my controllers haveyet to die. If anything I think recharging the batteries save money because you don't have to buy new batteries all the time.What do you guys think?!

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="Stryder_18"]

Yahoo Finance wrote about the PS3 and how its one of the worst gifts to give this season and this was why.......

"Sony PlayStation 3

It's all fun and games until the battery dies. Unlike its competitors, which use replaceable AA batteries, the PS3's remote control is glued shut. When the battery goes, Sony customers have to blow $55 on a new controller. Sony says there's an "environmental benefit" since gamers don't have to toss their batteries on a regular basis, but Isidor Buchmann, president of battery-equipment maker Cadex Electronics, says captive batteries are becoming common because it's cheaper for companies to eliminate the battery housing and hatch."

Heres the link to the full article http://customsites.yahoo.com/financiallyfit/finance/article-108318-3394-3-gifts-you-may-want-to-avoid-html?ywaad=ad0035

I thought this was the most stupid thing I had heard of so I figured I'd share it with you guys. I've had a 60gb PS3 since launch and my controllers haveyet to die. If anything I think recharging the batteries save money because you don't have to buy new batteries all the time.What do you guys think?!

Is there a section for comments so i can type S-T-U-P-I-D...
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

UGH! yaoo is so stupid, thats why i NEVER read anything they put.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Yahoo always bashes the PS3 in their articles.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

lol they act like the batteries arent rechargable and after that one time you have to get a new PS3...im sorry but thats rediculous....ive had my PS3 for a near three years now and the controllers still good...

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
i agree that rechargeable batteries are way better then disposable batteries, its more convenient and i would of spent alot more more if i had to buy batteries all the time.
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
OMFG , this is the most stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

failed dog attempt.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

[QUOTE="Stryder_18"]

"Sony PlayStation 3

taplok

Is there a section for comments so i can type S-T-U-P-I-D...

No, but I sent them feedback telling them their article was garbage. Obviously it will fall on def ears but at least they know they'll incur the wrath of PS3 users whenever they post garbage.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
I guess that's one of the lamest reason's but it makes sense (sort of) Another one I have heard before about the xbox 360 was, it's a great console but requires a better online service. They compared it to the wii's online and how much better the wii online was for not letting you talk to people. :| Sorry I forgot the link
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

I guess that's one of the lamest reason's but it makes sense (sort of) Another one I have heard before about the xbox 360 was, it's a great console but requires a better online service. They compared it to the wii's online and how much better the wii online was for not letting you talk to people. :| Sorry I forgot the link93soccer

LOL look at his sig, it doesnt make sense, at all & i couldnt understand what you wrote after "but requires bett online service"

tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

Are they talking about the SIXAXIS/Dualshock 3 or the DVD remote control (I assume the latter because the the controllers aren't glued shut)? Either way you'd surely have to use the DVD remote control a ridiculousamount to finish off the battery, and if they're talking about the controllers, I'm sure you could replace the battery yourself if you wanted to.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

This was a joke...if you look above it says GRINCH's gift guide.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

White_wolf_eye
Just because it rags on the PS3 doesn't mean that everything they write is bad, and I actually agree with the article.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

Are they talking about the SIXAXIS/Dualshock 3 or the DVD remote control (I assume the latter because the the controllers aren't glued shut)? Either way you'd surely have to use the DVD remote control a ridiculousamount to finish off the battery, and if they're talking about the controllers, I'm sure you could replace the battery yourself if you wanted to.

tHeFuTuReHeAd
Controllers ARE glued shut. I think. Well, mine is.
Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

[QUOTE="tHeFuTuReHeAd"]

Adziboy

Controllers ARE glued shut. I think. Well, mine is.

Well, the guy that took his apart to fix a sticky R2 button begs to differ.

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Anne Cadet doesn't know WTF she's talking about.

gashead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gashead101
Member since 2005 • 1130 Posts

Probably the most stupid thing I have read this year.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Batteries arent hard to change on a PS3 controller. Just look at the instructions........

btf032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 btf032
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

It really is amazing how little research these people can do and still get paid. If this sways anyone away from actually buying a PS3, then shame on this writer. The video she did was really awful, too. Technological armageddon? Really? Standards have really fallen...

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
He acts like wasting money on batteries is a good thing. I think it's convenient to have batteries inside and have it recharge using the system.
terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
Ouch. That is an embarrassing level of failure.
ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts
yahoo is partner with microsoft because of the search engine (bing). don't even bother going to yahoo unless you're checking your e-mail. yahoo is biase as hell. they been bought out ever since they changed their mma section to ufc. no integrity what so ever.
PSN-BullDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PSN-BullDawg
Member since 2009 • 122 Posts

[QUOTE="White_wolf_eye"]

gamer082009

Just because it rags on the PS3 doesn't mean that everything they write is bad, and I actually agree with the article.

I just want to get this straight. you agree that the ps3 should be on a DONT BUY list JUST because you cant replace the batteries.... as the only reason????

Also the fact that my 3 controllers i got from launch day have never died and that you actually can replace the batteries. read your instruction manual. u just need to unscrew the back pad, and its a lithium ion battery that is oddly shaped that you can buy online for 5-10 bucks.... ya unlike that chick in the article, i actually did research on this subject

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

You can buy a new battery for the PS3 controller for $10

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=212323044&listingid=52539370

This article is just flat out wrong. I wonder how much Yahoo got paid to put up that piece.

Pneumonia-Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pneumonia-Hawk
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts
Rechargeable batteries rape convectional batteries on every angle. It's as if Yahoos' editors are a bunch of 360 biased eleven year olds.