Xbox exclusives seem to be getting better score than PS4's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Sunset overdrive get a avg of 8/10 and a lot of 9 pluses. I may not like this style of game but it seems to be very fun, graphics look great and will make a lot of money for Microsoft. While we get this Bleep called Driveclub that its main online component is still just getting off its one leg to work. I return my used copy last Friday and got my money back. So I aint mad at Sony nor evolution since I didn't waste my money. I still have a beef with the fact we don't have a killer exclusive other than infamous and even that isn't a great game just looks good and have some fun elements. Its not a long lasting game due to not having a online multiplayer.

LBP3 is really our last hope for a great exclusive this yr, unless their is another game I am missing due out for the holiday.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

Sunset Overdrive has a 83 metascore (44 critics).... You are acting like it is 95 metascore game.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Oh yeah, it's the end of the world ! ....

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BH14

The Last of Us Remastered has a 95 metascore (69 critics)...... Is that an exclusive?

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

because Microsoft has more money and influence to get better scores

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ewalthour

are you guys serious??? Last of us is a old ass game and metacritic score of 8 is very good over a zillion websites avg score. I mean sometimes I wonder about gamers. Actually I wonder a lot if you don't have a your head in you butt crack. How in the world do you tell me this isn't a concern how slow sony is with a great exclusive game releases. We are just getting medicore games. Are you telling me driveclub isn't a disaster after a extra damn yr to get their act together? This is called denial and stupid fanboy ideology or sony cant do anything wrong mentality. I am trying to find good in Sony but it is very hard when I don't want to buy a game full price and finding ipad games more enjoyable.

I cant wait for some good to great games to come. Its sad it will be GTA 5. I just HOPE LBP3 will be great but the advertising has been very underrwhelming. Sony must be banking on its core people who had the LBP series before because they sure as hell not trying to get new people to get the game.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@BH14: Not good enough for the OP apparently.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

That's a good thing, that only means that sony don't got time to gloat because they are leading in console sales. They will really have to focus on pumping out quality exclusives.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BH14

@ewalthour:

The Last of Us Remastered came out on July 29th 2014 for the PS4...... 3 months old!

80 metascore is good but it isn't nowhere near a 95 metascore..... HAHA!

Sunset Overdrive is weird like Dead Rising with their weapons. A gun that shoots out an energy drink and the aliens start drinking it?! A TNT teddy bear and record shooting gun?! Is this what you like?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ewalthour

@BH14: last of us is old game ported over from PS3 and it's barely a good port. Their is no comparisons to the enormous improvement of gta5 to the last of us. GTA based on what i am reading is going to be almost a semi new game from graphics, missions, 100 new songs and all the hidden goodies rockstar always do. TLOU IMO was a cash cow to subsidized uncharted 4. I have read and seen videos where the port was so slight of a improvement besides 60 fps. Yes the last of us was a great game on PS3. It doesn't count on ps4. I am talking about exclusives FOR PS4 like Infamous, Killzone and Knack. I played killzone and it look good but it wasn't considered a killer great exclusive. Non of PS4 exclusives so far has matched to xbox one at least compared to forza and now sunset overdrive.

I am not saying Xbox by any means is a better system but I do see it building momentum and so far Sony seems to be cruising. Any complacent company always gets overtaken when they take their customers for granted. I hope xbox continues to build so Sony lazy backsides step it up. I hope the December conference shows me they are stepping up. No man sky, Tomorrow games need to show me something. The Order definitely need to show me some new demo instead of that stale, drab demo that doesn't show great gameplay nor colorful variety of environments.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ewalthour

@ewalthour: I have no aspirations to jump ship to Xbox but my patience is running thin with how Sony does business. I can careless if sony makes money. All I care about is if they produce great games or their third parties does, playroom continue to expand with gaming in mind not sharing my living room business and giving us usable tools to customize our system (PERIOD).

Even the next yr games I am excited about aren't sony exclusives such as Phantom pain, Division, Arkham knight, except for Uncharted and The Order. honestly I am not excited for The Order until I see more and Uncharted would be the biggest bust ever if this doesn't become a classic. I am not even sure if Uncharted is coming out next yr. I am one of the biggest uncharted fans ever. Uncharted is probably one of the only games keeps me enameled to ps4. Sony has a lot to prove next yr and I am not talking about more indie (LOW BUDGET games). I am sure some great indie games are coming but they need to be AAA to be killer big budget exclusives.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#12 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@BH14 said:

The Last of Us Remastered has a 95 metascore (69 critics)...... Is that an exclusive?

Eh, I don't think a remake of a PS3 game is a good example of a well-received PS4 exclusive. No, when it really comes down to it, it looks like Resogun is the only truly PS4 exclusive game with the highest score at 84. inFamous Second Son made it to 80. There are other games with higher scores that are either also on PS3 and/or Vita or other systems. The Xbox One on the other hand has 2 "real" exclusives sitting at an 86. And it looks like Sunset Overdrive will be staying in the 80+ range.

But whatever, they're just numbers. Each console is going to have tons of great games in the long run, many of which will probably just be multiplats anyway. And I'm not really bothered by that. Far Cry 4, The Witcher 3, and Batman Arkham Knight look rather promising and I'm not at all upset that they aren't PS4 exclusive.

BronxBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BronxBomber
Member since 2003 • 13398 Posts

I own both, but gotta agree that as far as exclusives, this year has been a bust for the PS4. I still get mutlplats on the PS4 but the exclusives have gone Xbox's way this year.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Don't worry about Xbox... In terms of Quality, Sony's Competition is Wii U exclusives... Although I must say I found little big planet to be more appealing.

You can also look forward to BloodBorne.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BH14 said:

Sunset Overdrive has a 83 metascore (44 critics).... You are acting like it is 95 metascore game.

It's now at 82/100. and you are right, he is acting like it's some sort of AAA, legendary title.

This isn't a very appropriate PS topic to be honest, more suited to SW.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ewalthour

@SolidTy: I am not saying I like this game or would buy it. I am just saying its good enough that a lot of critics think so. It's not even a argument to me that Sony has dropped the ball on the first yr of ps4 and resogun to be considered the best game. In the system.

I am not trying to have a war of consoles. The issue is about what Sony isnt doing compared to Xbox in exclusives. I remember the day when Sony owned msg, final fantasy and tomb raider series. What makes consoles unique if exclusives don't mean anything? The answer is nothing other than if you prefer the controller or acessories over the other system.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy

@ewalthour said:

@SolidTy: I am not saying I like this game or would buy it. I am just saying its good enough that a lot of critics think so. It's not even a argument to me that Sony has dropped the ball on the first yr of ps4 and resogun to be considered the best game. In the system.

I am not trying to have a war of consoles. The issue is about what Sony isnt doing compared to Xbox in exclusives. I remember the day when Sony owned msg, final fantasy and tomb raider series. What makes consoles unique if exclusives don't mean anything? The answer is nothing other than if you prefer the controller or acessories over the other system.

I answered in another thread, so I'll just copy paste my own words:

This happened during the PS1 to PS2 gen. They juggled two platforms. Back then, Sony supported the PS2 at the cost of PS3 support. They juggled two platforms. Now, we got a lot of PS3 support but at the cost of PS4 support. Again, Sony was juggling two platforms with exclusive 1st party support. Is it a good strategy? That depends on the person. This strategy is different than the one Nintendo or Xbox employ.

1st Party Studios are coming, but this stuff takes time. Some stuff is just not going to be announced until the teams are finally ready. Here's a few examples: The Gran Turismo or the The God of War teams? You think they are just sitting around? No, when they are ready, we will start hearing about their games, probably at E3 or Tokyo Game Show. Sucker Punch is obviously working on their next game. Quantic Dream is working on something. Unfortunately, I've been through this enough times in every Sony console generation so I expected this to a degree. Nothing has changed for the year. The games I knew that were releasing at E3 for Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 are still releasing.

There isn't any surprises on the releases for the systems this year. None of these companies can magically make more 1st party games appear THIS YEAR than what has been announced and planned for. If anything, this thread is months late as E3 was before/early Summer.

It's a cycle. It's going to happen again when the PS5 releases, PS4 will get support. The nature of deciding to support the old console with 1st party exclusives or abandon it.

I have all the machines and Nintendo has an advantage with 1st party software to me because they released their machine a year earlier and they tend to abandon old hardware really fast as far as 1st party exclusives go.

As far as the machines exclusives I'm buying?

I'm buying two games for Wii U this year, Bayonetta and Super Smash Bros.

I'm only interested in Sunset Overdrive for my Xbone, but I'm not entirely sold on a day one purchase just yet.

I'm only interested in Little Big Planet for my PS4, but I'm not entirely sold on a day one purchase just yet.

----

As far as I can see, neither system is kicking ass yet. I'm glad Sunset is scoring in the low 80's at metacritic as Insomniac's last game, FUSE, bombed, but that's it for the whole year as far as exclusives go. I don't see this as a win for Xbone either, but for Nintendo Wii U as far as my wallet is concerned. Unfortunately, that came at the cost of Wii 1st party support and a machine that released sooner. We'll see how 2015 plays out. I'm far more excited for next year as 2014 has been the pits.

As far as games, PS4 has a lot more than the Xbone at this time and the list is only getting longer:

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ewalthour

@SolidTy: I agree with you mostly. I've been around with all Sony systems. I just feel this time it's all about money for them and pleasing the customer base. Xbox one is probably desperate by dropping price this holiday for US BY $50 but at least they SEEM more aggressive to me. I can't see that list you posted. I assume its a list of exclusives. For each console and sony's is bigger.

I am just saying so far games have been underwhelming and I am antsy to buy a game that is worth $60. I am like u on a wait and see with LBP3 and UNIITY AMONG THE CREW. I just can't wait until next yr to play games worth buying my ps4. See, I am a one console person so I am solely banking on Sony to come thru. I don't have the time nor want to spend $400 on another console. I'm Have the money but I am not wasteful if I dont see a reason to buy 2 systems. I mean uncharted, msg and division have to be exclusive to Xbox to justify buying their system.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidTy
@ewalthour said:

@SolidTy: I agree with you mostly. I've been around with all Sony systems. I just feel this time it's all about money for them and pleasing the customer base. Xbox one is probably desperate by dropping price this holiday for US BY $50 but at least they SEEM more aggressive to me. I can't see that list you posted. I assume its a list of exclusives. For each console and sony's is bigger.

I am just saying so far games have been underwhelming and I am antsy to buy a game that is worth $60. I am like u on a wait and see with LBP3 and UNIITY AMONG THE CREW. I just can't wait until next yr to play games worth buying my ps4. See, I am a one console person so I am solely banking on Sony to come thru. I don't have the time nor want to spend $400 on another console. I'm Have the money but I am not wasteful if I dont see a reason to buy 2 systems. I mean uncharted, msg and division have to be exclusive to Xbox to justify buying their system.

I agree that 2014 has been a rough year all around. I'm looking forward to next year. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think it may have something to do with the tools MS have avaiable for the X1, Ironic since it was stated it had the worst tools some time back, but the games they crank out seems to be fairly well made, and appears to be quicker to make. Does not mean that the PS4 ain't getting them, but we do have to acknowlage that alot of PS4 games got pushed back, or were flawed on a very basic level.

So a momentary setback is what I consider it. Next year might be somewhat different.

Meta33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Meta33
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts

Reviews mean noting. As long as the game is fun is what matters to me and sales numbers. Sales means future games. Look at bayonetta. Its struggled for a backer and nintendo came in and gave them the money to make the game. The game got great scores all around but so far sales have tanked for the game in japan. Maybe the figures for america will better but in the end scores do not equate to sales.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ewalthour

@Maddie_Larkin: if that is the case with MS games can be made faster. What happen with ps4 being almost like making a pc game? Remember how PS3 was a problem programming? So why is ps4 having so many delays with its exclusives.

Addressing the other guy on scores meaning nothing is garbage. Yes ultimately a game can be great But get ok scores. From a large group of reviewers is highly unlikely. It's just as highly improbable that a good to great game gets horrible scores from 10 or so game sites. I play the odds against a lot of game sites all giving great scores to a sucky game. I also base my assessment of a game on the content of the review not just the score.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#23 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Listen, I'm disappointed also, wish something as cool as Sunset Overdrive was coming to PS4 or that Tomb Raider hadn't gotten bought out by Micro$oft or that something as legendary as the Master Chief Collection was coming to the PS4. But when you think about it exclusives have to make up a lion share of the system-selling titles. The Wii U for instance has no third party support so Nintendo has to pump out quality exclusives. But the Xbox One and PS4 are so similar that 70% of the games available are on both platforms. This means if you own a PS4 and buy an Xbox One that you are buying it for the 15%. Those exclusives had better be AMAZING because you're gonna choose a main platform to get your multiplats on. For me, last gen it was PS3 (I jumped into that gen in 2010) and I'm glad I made that choice, so this gen I jumped in on PS4 and right now it has not been worth it because the exclusives on the Xbox One have been better, but that might change in a year or so. Until now, I thought Microsoft was doing a downright horrible job with exclusives. I wasn't interested in a sim-racer like Forza, Fable didn't interest me, I hate zombie games like Dead Rising leaving Halo and Gears of War as the only interesting exclusives. Playstation had more interesting exlusives, maybe the competition will make them bring their A game in 2015. I hope Xbox One wins holiday 2014 because I think Sony needs to step it up.